Anvil by Vestratto

sadf

It appears this forum doesn't have an edit post function? Apologies if I just missed it.

The link I quoted as being down is functioning today, thanks for posting it here!

sadf,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It appears this forum doesn't have an edit post function? Apologies if I just missed it.

The link I quoted as being down is functioning today, thanks for posting it here!
You get a certain amount of time after you post to edit.

Modnote: FYI the edit window is six hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duba

Accessory Maker
I've been playing with the Forge for a few days now, and I'm still discovering it, but it certainly opens up other possibilities for using the Anvil (cold start, more convection, more conduction similar to using the torch, cascade mode....), and in that respect, it's very interesting.
IMG-20240606-104010.jpg

My current settings :

cold start: 3000j / 80%
convection+ : 2500j / 100%
conduction+ : 2700j / 53%.

Last edited:

PeePhlegm

Hey guys, does anyone mind measuring the Forge? What is the length of the Forge with the battery in and what is the thickest part width wise (where the screen is)?

PeePhlegm,

Jojofernz

I'm very impressed with the “cold start” method with the Forge. 3000d / 85%. Approximately 25sec of heating (I accelerated some passages for the purposes of the video).
Holy crap that was fast heat!!

Edit: I’m dumb and just saw you saying it was accelerated haha but still, makes the cold start method easier than with a torch

Last edited:

rkw2

Yes dynavap screens fit. I'm currently using the titanium ones.
Does that change the heatup time?

Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've had my anvil for a little over a year and for the most part, I've loved it. Recently, though, I've noticed that heat-up times are all over the map. It's taking anywhere from 40-70 seconds for a first click and another 5-20 seconds for the second. There doesn't seem to be any consistency to when the clicks happen. This makes combustion almost guaranteed, unless I use a timer.

I used to reliably get the ~30 seconds to first click and ~5 more seconds to second click using my Blazer Firefox.

At first I thought it was my screen, so I ordered some dynavap titanium screens (didn't want to pay international shipping prices for 3 screens). Same thing is happening, wildly varying click times despite using the same torch I have for a year.

I clean the whole thing in an iso bath in a jewelry cleaner at least once a week (more if I have combusted, always have to clean after combusting).

I'm not really sure what else to investigate to get my anvil back to rocking my world like it used to. Sadly, it's dropping from my rotation since these days I combust more often than not in it due to the random click times.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

rkw2,

Comfortably Numb

Does that change the heatup time?

Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've had my anvil for a little over a year and for the most part, I've loved it. Recently, though, I've noticed that heat-up times are all over the map. It's taking anywhere from 40-70 seconds for a first click and another 5-20 seconds for the second. There doesn't seem to be any consistency to when the clicks happen. This makes combustion almost guaranteed, unless I use a timer.

I used to reliably get the ~30 seconds to first click and ~5 more seconds to second click using my Blazer Firefox.

At first I thought it was my screen, so I ordered some dynavap titanium screens (didn't want to pay international shipping prices for 3 screens). Same thing is happening, wildly varying click times despite using the same torch I have for a year.

I clean the whole thing in an iso bath in a jewelry cleaner at least once a week (more if I have combusted, always have to clean after combusting).

I'm not really sure what else to investigate to get my anvil back to rocking my world like it used to. Sadly, it's dropping from my rotation since these days I combust more often than not in it due to the random click times.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Do you have a second bowl? I have several bowls..my original XL got dropped while in my Anvil and it changed the way it worked...I figured I cracked one of the temp sensors. My other bowls work fine but I had to retire the dropped bowl.

Comfortably Numb,

LordKahel

Anyone got trick to make the Universal Adapter a more tight fit ? I tried it with a omni steam and a Revolve 2 . Both see to be pretty loose and can come off pretty easily compared to a Helix Tip.

LordKahel,

KindBuddyBud

Anyone got trick to make the Universal Adapter a more tight fit ? I tried it with a omni steam and a Revolve 2 . Both see to be pretty loose and can come off pretty easily compared to a Helix Tip.
Idk if it’s a trick but, I replaced the o-rings (on the stem side) with the larger gray o-rings from mad heaters. I think they’re 6x1mm. It was more secure in the revolve wood sleeve and the metal revolve “factory” sleeve but, still kind of wobbly. The anvil didn’t budge even while coughing my head off.

I found another setup that’s more secure but idk if that stem is still available. It’s the Dynavap xl wooden stem with all these crazy cuts and angles, paired with a Simrell stinger. Just lovely. I wonder if dynavaps woodwynd stem could work? The usa with the larger o-rings fit really well in my vortex with no wobble.

The other setup…
Vestratto anvil thermocore / Vestratto usa / tempest 6x1mm gray o-rings / Dynavap wood xl stem / Simrell xl stinger.

Last edited:

LordKahel

Idk if it’s a trick but, I replaced the o-rings (on the stem side) with the larger gray o-rings from mad heaters. I think they’re 6x1mm. It was more secure in the revolve wood sleeve and the metal revolve “factory” sleeve but, still kind of wobbly. The anvil didn’t budge even while coughing my head off.

I found another setup that’s more secure but idk if that stem is still available. It’s the Dynavap xl wooden stem with all these crazy cuts and angles, paired with a Simrell stinger. Just lovely. I wonder if dynavaps woodwynd stem could work? The usa with the larger o-rings fit really well in my vortex with no wobble.

The other setup…
Vestratto anvil thermocore / Vestratto usa / tempest 6x1mm gray o-rings / Dynavap wood xl stem / Simrell xl stinger.

Thank you for the advice, the gray o-ring does makes a difference.

Top Bottom