Anvil by Vestratto

Mutley

anyone tried to build up a zvs with 2 batteries? It Should be enough powerful to use it with the anvil, bit I'm not sure if it worth to try to build it

Last edited:
Mutley,

KindBuddyBud

Whewww! Gang Starr Mass Appeal?! The song was extra funky when it came out and then they went and put it on Tony Hawks pro skater. I spent hours shreddin with mass appeal on loop, just vibing out. Thanks for the throwback. You’re gonna make me load the anvil, throw mass appeal on loop and vibe out…

“Smoke em like grass with the mass appeal” 👌

Likun

So I snugged an Anvil Thermocore for around ~180 €. Is that a good deal?
I couldn't find much information on whether to chose the Thermocore or the Duracore.
I literally only found one informationally post comparing those two - Thermocore is supposed to have even more mass and thus working better with induction heater like the Wand.

Did I chose the right one?
How does the airflow system work? Is it basically just twisting with covering those 3 oval holes?
Does it actually work well with the Wand?

How does it compare to the Tempest? Originally that was my goto but then I found this offer and thought I could just save 80 € and receive a similar product :D.

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
So I snugged an Anvil Thermocore for around ~180 €. Is that a good deal?
I couldn't find much information on whether to chose the Thermocore or the Duracore.
I literally only found one informationally post comparing those two - Thermocore is supposed to have even more mass and thus working better with induction heater like the Wand.

How does the airflow system work? Is it basically just twisting with covering those 3 oval holes?
Does it actually work well with the Wand?

How does it compare to the Tempest? Originally that was my goto but then I found this offer and thought I could just save 80 € and receive a similar product :D.
You got the newest model, great choice. Durocore is a older model. 👍 prepare for face melting hits.

You are right, Airflow is controlled by the stem, you rotate the oven on the stem until it covers all/some/none of the holes. Personally I go wide open, the hits are still incredibly thick.

Can't speak to the wand or the tempest, but at 180 Euros that is below retail and you are [I am assuming] avoiding any import fees you would normally get ordering from Vestratto located in Canada. So Double Win IMO 🏆

What kind of torch are you planning to use with it?

Duba

Accessory Maker
You grabbed a good one. The Thermocore is the last version of the oven. It works great with a torch and the Forge.
It'll work in the Wand too but it's not the best combinaison imo, the Anvil needs a lot of energy that the Wand have difficulty to give.

Imo, you have the most powerfull butane device of the market. if this is what you're looking for, you've come to the right place!

Likun

Thanks for the quick replies!
I'm glas I chose a good one :D.

Are there any custom stems or things like that? Maybe wooden ones?

As for the torch I have literally no idea. I only have some weaker one or two flame models which I'm not sure will be powerful enough. Are there any good (cheap) recommendations?

the_hexx

Team Hash

As for the torch I have literally no idea. I only have some weaker one or two flame models which I'm not sure will be powerful enough. Are there any good (cheap) recommendations?
LCV summer offer with 10% discount code? I got the same and loving it so far!

For custom/wood stems mr Duba above makes some wonderful ones.

A good torch for the Anvil is the Ronxs dual torch, you can find it on Amazon (Ronxs or Cadrim, same torch different branding).

the_hexx,
Reactions: Likun

Duba

Accessory Maker

@Kaluvap is making very nice wood and glass stems (more for the usa kit) and wooden heatshields, as @azzwoodcustom too
For custom/wood stems mr Duba above makes some wonderful ones.
thanks for the mention but i only make leather sleeves or parchment cases😂. Azzwood is the master of Anvil's heatshields

the_hexx

Team Hash
@Kaluvap is making very nice wood and glass stems (more for the usa kit) and wooden heatshields, as @azzwoodcustom too

thanks for the mention but i only make leather sleeves or parchment cases😂. Azzwood is the master of Anvil's heatshields
Oops sorry, saw a wooden stem at the Labetkomp website and assumed it was you. Thanks for setting the record straight!

the_hexx,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Oops sorry, saw a wooden stem at the Labetkomp website and assumed it was you. Thanks for setting the record straight!
you're right that I do, the ones on my site were made by Azzwoodcustom (I still have one in black wood available).

Duba,

Likun

So I gave it a try in my wand. Went a few seconds beyonq the click and literally thought i combusted as the vapor was as thick and harsh on the throat. Let it cool down, opened up and it wasn't even dark brown? wtf.
It also gets very, like VERY, hot above the colored heatshield - I guess that's supposed to be like that? Means I have to set the 'airflow' before I start heating it and can't play with it while inhaling?
Just wondering if I'm doing things correctly.

Also am I supposed to load the 'head / cap' or the stem?

Edit: sorry more questions.

How am I supposed to do back to back sessions? Like the device gets so damn hot I can't take off the cap like I do on my Vapcaps.
And are there some stashes like the dynavap ones available? Unfortunately the diameter on my dynastash is just a little to small to fir the heatshield.
Also my heatshield came with two small scratches already. Bit of a bummer on a 250 € device. Is that normal?

Last edited:
Likun,

LordKahel

So I gave it a try in my wand. Went a few seconds beyonq the click and literally thought i combusted as the vapor was as thick and harsh on the throat. Let it cool down, opened up and it wasn't even dark brown? wtf.
It also gets very, like VERY, hot above the colored heatshield - I guess that's supposed to be like that? Means I have to set the 'airflow' before I start heating it and can't play with it while inhaling?
Just wondering if I'm doing things correctly.

Also am I supposed to load the 'head / cap' or the stem?

Edit: sorry more questions.

How am I supposed to do back to back sessions? Like the device gets so damn hot I can't take off the cap like I do on my Vapcaps.
And are there some stashes like the dynavap ones available? Unfortunately the diameter on my dynastash is just a little to small to fir the heatshield.
Also my heatshield came with two small scratches already. Bit of a bummer on a 250 € device. Is that normal?
You put your herbs in the cap .

I use the magnet that on top of the XL carry tube but any magnet will do . Use the magnet to stick to the cap and unscrew it . The cap on the magnet will cool down much faster then the rest. Reload cap , screw back on with the magnet . Ready for round 2!

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I use a simrell pedestal as a cooling magnet and it renders the anvil ready for another hit within a minute. However, Cascade mode on the Forge helps too as it automatically calculates how much energy you would need on your next hit to achieve your temp setting depending on the oven cooldown period.

Datoneguy

Went from half bowl to full bowls recently and it really has brought this device up a notch for me. Really impressive. I'm liking the results of one full bowl more than doing 2 half bowls back to back, I find the effects to be more notable. Thing is, one of my full bowls is missing it's first click I think, so it's thrown me off a bit. Has anyone had a bowl like this before, if so, what did you do to adjust your technique?

Also, does anyone have a good timing recommendation for the ispire wand? I was reading that was a good way to get a consistent timing without relying on clicks. I usually use the wand until the second click and then count 10 blinks more and i'm good. But since I have 2 full bowls and one has one click and the other has 2, it makes that technique a little more annoying to pull off because I'm not sure if it's my 1 click bowl or 2 click bowl lol.

Datoneguy,

Knewt

I have a large bowl where one click is faint or nonexistent. I quit using the clicks when I got the Forge. In fact all I have been using since the Forge arrived is the small bowl and the Cascade feature.

Clickless bowls are still usable with the Forge, and possibly other induction heaters that I am not familiar with.

Also, does anyone have a good timing recommendation for the ispire wand?

Well, I'll include my technique as well (TL; DR version... lol) Note that this is for an XL thermocore (and is technically a USA kit -- you can see it a few posts up). Also, I like riding the line, so if you don't... adjust the timings (you'll see me say this a couple of times)

IMO, in order to get the most out of the device, I use something that carried over from time spent with music -- somewhat precise internal counting. The wand does not blink in precise 0.5s intervals on / off. So I count internally. And I count from 1st click. That way, if you're still a bit hot, when I go for the second heat cycle... I'll still hear a click for reference.

You know what a good reference is, for counting? (provided you don't play an instrument...lol) A microwave oven. It probably won't take long to get the hang of it :) That level of 'precision' is going to be just fine, for our purposes.

Get a magnet that you can rest the oven / clicker on. Most times, I can draw and get vapor for several pulls, and the 1st cooldown click has either already occurred, or does so right about when I put it on the magnet.

Take a look at where the two pieces meet (oven / clicker and the receptacle it screws into). Right at that junction is where I keep the height of my anvil, at the point the rising past the red ring on the back. I use one hand to grip my anvil rig, and the other with roughly that same grip, but with the back of it facing me (not the button end). The two hands come together at roughly 45 degree angles, with the hand holding the wand ready to double-click the button (auto mode) with my thumb. If I'm resting them somewhere (belly, table, etc), I have three point reinforcement (a triangle, if you prefer).

Note I haven't mentioned a temperature to set the wand at, yet. Or a timing. Get familiar with the above, first. Modify as you need to. Ready?

Set the temp to 470F. Note that this isn't really the temp the device will heat your Anvil to; it's more of a timer. 470F provides enough time for me on the second cycle so as to not 'time out'. I never need to change from 470F, btw.

Dblclick the button with your thumb, and listen (and feel!) that first click. Count 7-8 seconds after that click, and remove the Anvil from the wand. Draw using your method of choice. I do the first one natively, since that's where the flavor is. I hear hitting an Anvil natively can be a bit harsh, so if you need to put the Anvil into a WP, there will be no penalties assessed :) As a side note, if you're counting correctly, the second click will come along on a cold unit somewhere around 5-6s after the first one. But click #2 is only an acquaintance... not someone you trust. Because sometimes he stiffs you, like a BM plug you don't know well. So only your first click is your buddy, here.

Note that I'm NOT counting from 'on' until the first click. That's about 30 seconds, but don't waste time / energy. You'll get an audible / tactile click; count from there. Much easier :)

One other thing... I'm drawing wide-open airpath, and DTL. (This may be a bit much to start with!)

Now your first draws are done; vapor has died down, and you can taste it lessening down to nothing. Put the unit standing up on your magnet, so that the magnet draws the heat from the unit. You now have a choice to make...

- If you want the oven to cool down quickly, and go through the 2nd click... unscrew the oven from the unit, and let it sit. You'll also get a view of how dark your bud is getting. This allows you to cycle the quickest, and you'll usually always get the 2nd heatup click. (I don't do this)

- If you want to maximize the heat soak of the oven, and reuse some of the heat you already put into the device... you can go for the 2nd heat up cycle anytime AFTER the first cooldown click. Position your device, double-click once more, and this time, go +15s past that first click. You won't hear a second click. Don't worry about it. Just don't go much past 15s, or you'll risk pyrolization.

Your AVB will be 'ground coffee brown'. Adjust timings downward on that second heat cycle, if you like a lighter extraction.
While I hit the first cycle natively, I do use a WP for the second hit. I can draw the 2nd one natively, but it's nice and smooth with the water.

I tolerate this procedure well -- e.g.; very little / no coughing. And I can repeat it over and over, as quickly as I can debowl / reload, if I want to do that (I almost never do this, though). In that way, this becomes an algorithmic process -- once you get it down 'your way'... it's really foolproof.

TL; DR version:
- Learn the grip :)
- 470F +8s past 1st click
- 470F +15s past 1st click

Last edited:

Datoneguy

So I just tried 450 on the wand and it timed out exactly in sync with the first click lol and I got a wispy hit. I then started the wand again, reached the second click and then went 7 flashes past it. The roast wasn't rtl but it was a darkish brown. So it worked out but 450 is too low on the ispire wand for me. I'm going to try 500 next and just throw caution to the wind a little lol. Maybe it's not that daring, 550? idk, something like that.

I'll report back here with the results for anyone else with an ispire wand who might be curious. I'm also gonna mention the ispire wand in my posts so that some future stoner can find it maybe lol. Btw I am holding the anvil so that the top of it is peeking out on the screen side of the anvil, I am then aligning the very top of the wand with the line that seperates the bowl of the anvil from the Copper Core (where you thread in your bowl). Someone can let me know if this is not ideal or something, but it's a simple way for me to have a consistent depth everytime and it was my slightly high and lazy interpretation of what was described above lol. Again, anyone who's tested the ispire wand can let me know if I should position things differently.

The only issue with this testing is that I have no idea if the ispire wand loses power as the battery lowers. I'm at maybe a little over half battery after the last bowl I did (i know indicator is inaccurate at times, but I've done 4 anvil bowls and can usually do like 8-10 or so.
Probably the worng place, but does anyone know if the ispire wand notably loses power as the battery lowers? I might find that I need to suggest different numbers based on someone's current battery capacity, I'm hoping that it doesn't function that way (or at least not to a degree that changes it's function drastically).

Either way, my current findings is that 450 on the ispire wand is too low unless looking for light temps. I'm also using a therocore to test this btw, I know that might affect things (also, full normal bowl)

(I think I used the words Ispire wand maybe 4 or 5 times here, im thinking that should suffice for the seo, now i just gotta go start praying to the google gods that this info finds our fellow stoners)

Edit: 500 on ispire wand later in the night. Got a great hit out of it and the tast is the best I've had in this vape tbh, lingering taste minutes later like i had a mint or some taffee (something of the like). Really good and not the usual, apparently rtl hits have been hiding this vapes flavor from me, really good. I checked the avb and got a yellowing roast with still a good amount of green (light-mediumish). I then went back in, and got it to a yellowish roast before giving up lol. Great bowl though, just left a lot unextracted. I finished the night with a 580 on the Ispire Wand. Flavor was not as good but was also not bad. Bigger hit for sure (i did pack a bit more into it though...). Roast was yellow with some of the bowl being a light brown. I'll try 600+ tomorrow. I'm also gonna switch wands to a full battery because I'm below half at this point. Great hit at 580 but not an rtl yet. I'll try again tomorrow.

Well, I'll include my technique as well (TL; DR version... lol) Note that this is for an XL thermocore (and is technically a USA kit -- you can see it a few posts up). Also, I like riding the line, so if you don't... adjust the timings (you'll see me say this a couple of times)

IMO, in order to get the most out of the device, I use something that carried over from time spent with music -- somewhat precise internal counting. The wand does not blink in precise 0.5s intervals on / off. So I count internally. And I count from 1st click. That way, if you're still a bit hot, when I go for the second heat cycle... I'll still hear a click for reference.

You know what a good reference is, for counting? (provided you don't play an instrument...lol) A microwave oven. It probably won't take long to get the hang of it :) That level of 'precision' is going to be just fine, for our purposes.

Get a magnet that you can rest the oven / clicker on. Most times, I can draw and get vapor for several pulls, and the 1st cooldown click has either already occurred, or does so right about when I put it on the magnet.

Take a look at where the two pieces meet (oven / clicker and the receptacle it screws into). Right at that junction is where I keep the height of my anvil, at the point the rising past the red ring on the back. I use one hand to grip my anvil rig, and the other with roughly that same grip, but with the back of it facing me (not the button end). The two hands come together at roughly 45 degree angles, with the hand holding the wand ready to double-click the button (auto mode) with my thumb. If I'm resting them somewhere (belly, table, etc), I have three point reinforcement (a triangle, if you prefer).

Note I haven't mentioned a temperature to set the wand at, yet. Or a timing. Get familiar with the above, first. Modify as you need to. Ready?

Set the temp to 470F. Note that this isn't really the temp the device will heat your Anvil to; it's more of a timer. 470F provides enough time for me on the second cycle so as to not 'time out'. I never need to change from 470F, btw.

Dblclick the button with your thumb, and listen (and feel!) that first click. Count 7-8 seconds after that click, and remove the Anvil from the wand. Draw using your method of choice. I do the first one natively, since that's where the flavor is. I hear hitting an Anvil natively can be a bit harsh, so if you need to put the Anvil into a WP, there will be no penalties assessed :) As a side note, if you're counting correctly, the second click will come along on a cold unit somewhere around 5-6s after the first one. But click #2 is only an acquaintance... not someone you trust. Because sometimes he stiffs you, like a BM plug you don't know well. So only your first click is your buddy, here.

Note that I'm NOT counting from 'on' until the first click. That's about 30 seconds, but don't waste time / energy. You'll get an audible / tactile click; count from there. Much easier :)

One other thing... I'm drawing wide-open airpath, and DTL. (This may be a bit much to start with!)

Now your first draws are done; vapor has died down, and you can taste it lessening down to nothing. Put the unit standing up on your magnet, so that the magnet draws the heat from the unit. You now have a choice to make...

- If you want the oven to cool down quickly, and go through the 2nd click... unscrew the oven from the unit, and let it sit. You'll also get a view of how dark your bud is getting. This allows you to cycle the quickest, and you'll usually always get the 2nd heatup click. (I don't do this)

- If you want to maximize the heat soak of the oven, and reuse some of the heat you already put into the device... you can go for the 2nd heat up cycle anytime AFTER the first cooldown click. Position your device, double-click once more, and this time, go +15s past that first click. You won't hear a second click. Don't worry about it. Just don't go much past 15s, or you'll risk pyrolization.

Your AVB will be 'ground coffee brown'. Adjust timings downward on that second heat cycle, if you like a lighter extraction.
While I hit the first cycle natively, I do use a WP for the second hit. I can draw the 2nd one natively, but it's nice and smooth with the water.

I tolerate this procedure well -- e.g.; very little / no coughing. And I can repeat it over and over, as quickly as I can debowl / reload, if I want to do that (I almost never do this, though). In that way, this becomes an algorithmic process -- once you get it down 'your way'... it's really foolproof.

TL; DR version:
- Learn the grip :)
- 470F +8s past 1st click
- 470F +15s past 1st click

Thanks for this btw! Good to have more info on this out there for people to try imo. I'm trying not to utilize clicks with my ispire wand (hah, did it again lol) , just because one of my bowls only does the second click, while the other does both. I have a consistent method with a 2 click bowl. I just let it go to the second click and then wait for 9 or 10 flashes and get a rtl everytime. The issue now is that's a little more complicated for me. I can still do it, all that I have to do is always count out 9 or 10 flashes, just assume it's always the second click, and if im wrong, the second click will happen on my fully functional bowl after about 8 flahes anyways, so I can just start counting 9 or 10 flashes over again. Idk if I explained this well, but I do have a working method even with a bowl that only does the second click, it's just a little annoying to have to even think about which bowl im using and then have to adapt to what's going on, especially with how automatic the anvil is imo.

It's such a small issue though, cuz I can still pull it off as described above without issue, it's just less automatic. So instead I'm trying to find the exact number on the wand that always gives me the right results regardless of the clicking, to further make it an automatic process when using a wand. I also have a second wand I picked up on vgoodiez sale, I'll test that as well to see if whatever numbers work will work for other wands or not. Like what if every wand has slightly different functionality, I really have no idea if that's the case, I assume variance between performance should be minimal. Damn, now im concerned about all the variables with the Ispire Wand (had to sneak one more in there) Ispire Wand (two, just to be safe) but hopefully if I use the ispire wand enough, I'll eventually be able to tell you guys some numbers that I find consistently give me rtl style hits.

Okay... I think that's everything.... Oh ya, one more thing.
Ispire Wand.

Last edited:
Datoneguy,

Nebelmann

Lumber Department
Wooden heat shields look classy on many photos and videos over here. Azzwood, Dovetail, and Phattpiggie come to mind. Most of them are sold out. Just like the ones from Simrell.
Looking for a massive wooden device, very raw and with a black mouthpiece maybe. Guess I've seen it one of those clips. This thread has so many pages, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Nebelmann,
Edit: 500 on ispire wand later in the night. Got a great hit out of it and the tast is the best I've had in this vape tbh, lingering taste minutes later like i had a mint or some taffee (something of the like). Really good and not the usual, apparently rtl hits have been hiding this vapes flavor from me, really good. I checked the avb and got a yellowing roast with still a good amount of green (light-mediumish). I then went back in, and got it to a yellowish roast before giving up lol. Great bowl though, just left a lot unextracted. I finished the night with a 580 on the Ispire Wand. Flavor was not as good but was also not bad. Bigger hit for sure (i did pack a bit more into it though...). Roast was yellow with some of the bowl being a light brown. I'll try 600+ tomorrow. I'm also gonna switch wands to a full battery because I'm below half at this point. Great hit at 580 but not an rtl yet. I'll try again tomorrow.

(just 'fyi'... with info like this, it's better to create a new post, or at the very least -- don't bury an edit in the middle of a long post. No worries, but I was interested in your update -- when I found it... lmao) Netiquette, if you will.

Anyway... yes... now you've got the idea. Your gear is a little different from mine, so if you don't get the desired roast / effects... just raise the temps.

I've found the Anvil to be a pretty forgiving device, in combo with a wand. Pyrolization is definitely possible, but actual combustion takes some work (aka: stupidity). If you don't already have these... get two sets of good 16850s and a good / cheap charger (I use an Xtar). As long as you can keep a set of batts at the ready, you'll be set.

Bakin4Life,
Reactions: Datoneguy

Datoneguy

(just 'fyi'... with info like this, it's better to create a new post, or at the very least -- don't bury an edit in the middle of a long post. No worries, but I was interested in your update -- when I found it... lmao) Netiquette, if you will.

I've found the Anvil to be a pretty forgiving device, in combo with a wand. Pyrolization is definitely possible, but actual combustion takes some work (aka: stupidity). If you don't already have these... get two sets of good 16850s and a good / cheap charger (I use an Xtar). As long as you can keep a set of batts at the ready, you'll be set.
hahah sorry about that, didn't wanna hog thread with multiple posts last night. I'll be updating things further with new posts going forward with numbers and results if I continue this (which is likely).

Also, completely agreed on your last point. This issue with the missing click on one bowl I did not know about until yesterday, so I ran 2 bowls through it before starting my ispire wand testing with different numbers. Both times I used the one click bowl, I went a good bit longer than usual on accident and the roast came out black but I didn't see any white ash, it tasted not great but not like complete combustion. It was damn close, but I wouldn't call it a complete combustion, it didn't cherry or anything like that. So the wand does seem to be quite forgiving like your saying. A few addition seconds with even my eagle torch will usually get me combustion, but not so with the wand. That's where I'm pretty hopeful that the wand might even give rtl hits within a wide range like 650-700 or something instead of just a single number that pulls it off.

Datoneguy,

Datoneguy

Second night trying to find a good number for the Ispire Wand. I started charging yesterdays wand and used my other wand with a full battery tonight. I did more bowls tonight, I will not put them in chronological order and will instead organize them by temp on the Ispire Wand.

555 - Good taste, great hit, yellow and light brown roast (medium). Really good.

610 on Ispire Wand. No bad taste at all, tasted somewhat good at times, not terpy, but a pleasant general taste of roasted cannabis. Nice clouds from it and satisfying high. Roast came out dark but not necessarily rtl, bottom of bowl did have a good amount of blackened material but most of the bowl looked dark brown. It did not reach those smokey tastes I got at 630, 610 had a darker roast than what I tasted though tbh. Just not a full on rtl. Still quite dark.

630 on the Ispire Wand tonight, taste was not good but also not too bad either, the roast came out blacked on the bottom and very dark brown specs at top, I'd say it was a very dark roast and pretty close to rtl. The Ispire Wand stopped heating after 7 blinks, I usually stop things manually at 10 clicks. But I found 7 to still be a really dark roast.

650 on wand for second bowl, it came out black, bottom of bowl came out in a chunk, but may have been because I did a coarse grind and some chunks made it through my grinder, but idk lol. I'd call it an rtl hit but it blinked 11 times instead of my usual 10.

*645 on the Ispire Wand should give you an rtl hit.
In terms of an ideal range of numbers for the Ispire Wand, I'd say somewhere between 500-645 (maybe 470/480? I'll test it lol)
Just pretend it's a scale of light roast to RTL with the Ispire Wand, that's at least my current theory lol.
Each +5 on the wand is an extra blink (not sure about this after further testing, 555 bowl ended at 2nd blink after 2nd click, the math doesn't math). So if your wand varies from mine, as long as you can get to a point past the second click, you can count the number of blinks and then click up or down to adjust it to 10.

Edit: Also, i changed the position on of the anvil within the wand but I now have the very top of the anvil aligned with the top of the wand (screen side). I just did this because I felt like the wand was a little lower than I'd like and was maybe heating near the airflow control part of the device, but now I am likely heating the very top of the anvil instead. idk, I'm open to reasoning on positioning it differently again though.

I might try 590-620 range next, just to see if I can find a good tasting but dark roast. I'll update here.
Might also test 500-570 range for flavor tomorrow. Lol, I'm very curious to see if it's conistent between my wands and at different battery lifes too, I'll test the other wand tomorrow to see if the exact numbers do the exact same thing. I bought one 3 years ago and one a week ago, both new batteries and same (molicel). I will likely delete some of this edit part later if it lets me, just listing ranges for me to refer to, so I can test things, more for my reference, but why not just put my notes here? If I don't get a chance to delete them or this, woops... lol

Edit 2: On second thought, I might just leave this all as it is for others to reference, I'll still update here random numbers and how they perform maybe if I feel like it and I'll update if my different wands or battery life makes a difference sometime tomorrow, but I'm thinking for the most part this might be a sufficient enough reference for someone to get an idea of what to try with the Ispire Wand for the Anvil. If this all works 1:1 for everyone else with a wand and 645 is a universal rtl, then that would pretty awesome, but if that's not the case, hopefully the numbers are similiar enough for my little guide to get you in range of the roast you're looking for.

For me, this just made the Ispire Wand way more enjoyable with an Anvil (assuming things stay consistent...), because it's effortless in a way that might even beat a torch for me. I always considered the wand cool but a slight sacrifice in terms of having to count things out vs a torch being reacting to a sound. But if I can set my wand to 645 and just not think about it, that really makes the experience more similiar to the torch but even more effortless because you can also ignore the clicks and the blinks, you don't need something to signal to you when to react and take away the heat because the wand will do that for you. You just have to take a hit when its done flashing/heating. It's funny how my slightly dysfunctional full bowl has lead to an even more enjoyable experience than when I was using my fully functional half bowls lol. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Datoneguy,

Datoneguy

Last night that I'll post something on the Ispire Wand.

I'm running the wand at 635 the whole night, I'm going to see if it stays pretty consistent throughout the wand battery life. I'm at nearly half battery atm. I will also test 635 on the other wand tonight to see if things are consistent between wands.

I will say though on the first bowl that 635 blinked 7 times tonight and last night it blinked 7 times at 630. So that's either some variable like the ambient temperature outside or my wand positioning being slightly different, etc. But atm I'm thinking it is likely because the wand has gone from full battery down to maybe 50-60% tonight, so maybe that drop caused that difference.

Second bowl of the night at 635 ended up blinking 8 times this time around with the same wand with a lower battery. This is consistent with yesterdays temps around 600+ and the idea that+5 is equal to one blink past the click. So maybe the first bowl was just a fluke or some wind was cooling the vape or something. I do vape outside, so that's one uncontrolled variable but the weather is relatively nice atm. Regardless, 635 got me an rtl looking roast with no bad taste, overall and enjoyable hit. I will do one or two more bowls with this wand at a lowerish battery before switching wands to continue. So far, the battery level on the Ispire Wand does not seem to affect the performance of the wand. I'm hoping that holds true as I go a bit lower in battery.

Thrid bowl at 635 had a similiar roast and I messed up on counting after the flashes. I ended up getting 2 clicks extremely close together and it threw me off. I'm thinking it was my bowl that only clicks once but i'm not sure. Either way, the roast was the same as before and my battery is getting low. I could and might test one last bowl on a lower battery to make sure. Then I'll maybe do one last bowl with the other wand to see if the 635 ends up giving me a similair roast or not. Then I'll call it on hogging this thread lol and I'll leave this here for other ispire wand users with Anvils.

Fourth bowl had similair roast. But it went 15 flashes after the click. It only clicked once so I'm questioning if only the first click went and not the second lol. I did not expect my one click bowl to throw off things these last couple bows the way it has lol. I can say the roast is the same though or similiar enough, so I'd say the wand retains power or barely loses it. If You do feel like it is losting power,maybe you'd notice it when it shows 1-2 bars left (after 6 or 7 bowls maybe), I didn't tbh. But if you did, maybe bump it up +10 or +20 and see how it goes for you. I'm personally gonna just keep it at one number and not care what the battery is at, I didn't notice anything different between full battery and low battery with the ispire wand.

I will do one last bowl with the other wand to see how 635 goes, then i'll call it on this thread for now lol.

Last edited:
Datoneguy,

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Last night that I'll post something on the Ispire Wand.

I'm running the wand at 635 the whole night, I'm going to see if it stays pretty consistent throughout the wand battery life. I'm at nearly half battery atm. I will also test 635 on the other wand tonight to see if things are consistent between wands.

I will say though on the first bowl that 635 blinked 7 times tonight and last night it blinked 7 times at 630. So that's either some variable like the ambient temperature outside or my wand positioning being slightly different, etc. But atm I'm thinking it is likely because the wand has gone from full battery down to maybe 50-60% tonight, so maybe that drop caused that difference.

Second bowl of the night at 635 ended up blinking 8 times this time around with the same wand with a lower battery. This is consistent with yesterdays temps around 600+ and the idea that+5 is equal to one blink past the click. So maybe the first bowl was just a fluke or some wind was cooling the vape or something. I do vape outside, so that's one uncontrolled variable but the weather is relatively nice atm. Regardless, 635 got me an rtl looking roast with no bad taste, overall and enjoyable hit. I will do one or two more bowls with this wand at a lowerish battery before switching wands to continue. So far, the battery level on the Ispire Wand does not seem to affect the performance of the wand. I'm hoping that holds true as I go a bit lower in battery.

Thrid bowl at 635 had a similiar roast and I messed up on counting after the flashes. I ended up getting 2 clicks extremely close together and it threw me off. I'm thinking it was my bowl that only clicks once but i'm not sure. Either way, the roast was the same as before and my battery is getting low. I could and might test one last bowl on a lower battery to make sure. Then I'll maybe do one last bowl with the other wand to see if the 635 ends up giving me a similair roast or not. Then I'll call it on hogging this thread lol and I'll leave this here for other ispire wand users with Anvils.

Fourth bowl had similair roast. But it went 15 flashes after the click. It only clicked once so I'm questioning if only the first click went and not the second lol. I did not expect my one click bowl to throw off things these last couple bows the way it has lol. I can say the roast is the same though or similiar enough, so I'd say the wand retains power or barely loses it. If You do feel like it is losting power,maybe you'd notice it when it shows 1-2 bars left (after 6 or 7 bowls maybe), I didn't tbh. But if you did, maybe bump it up +10 or +20 and see how it goes for you. I'm personally gonna just keep it at one number and not care what the battery is at, I didn't notice anything different between full battery and low battery with the ispire wand.

I will do one last bowl with the other wand to see how 635 goes, then i'll call it on this thread for now lol.
Appreciate your information.

Top Bottom