Anvil by Vestratto

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hi friends, I just received my new Anvil and am looking for information on induction heaters. From what I’ve read on this forum, the only option available on the market is the Forge, but it is very large and expensive. Therefore, I prefer to try building one myself. I’ve looked on AliExpress and found all the necessary parts to make an induction heater for my Anvil, including the ZVS induction heater PCB (120 watts or 12 volts at 10 amps). It will cost me less than 50$. I’m wondering if anyone has already done this and, if so, could you please share your feedback? Is it working well?
There's allot of info about those boards in this thread.

Wozz

I’ve read mixed reviews about this ispire. Some say it’s not powerful enough and that the results are not as good as with a torch… it costs close to 200$ (Canadian $) when I can build one for 40$....
Oh if you can build one for 40 notes , go that route.

I prefer the results with a torch, but the wand does work.

Wozz,

Roffa

I’ve read mixed reviews about this ispire. Some say it’s not powerful enough and that the results are not as good as with a torch… it costs close to 200$ (Canadian $) when I can build one for 40$....
It's powerful enough

Roffa,

Momor

Why?
BTW it's a complete anvil with thermocore, xl bowl, xl mouthpiece and usa adapter
Great ! I should have assumed you were referring to a complete Anvil with thermocore.
The XL mouthpiece would have been useless with just the USA assembly (thermocore oven + condenser + USA) because it needs the Anvil stem to be attached to to be used 😳😅

Momor,
Reactions: Vitolo

Mutley

Great ! I should have assumed you were referring to a complete Anvil with thermocore.
The XL mouthpiece would have been useless with just the USA assembly (thermocore oven + condenser + USA) because it needs the Anvil stem to be attached to to be used 😳😅
Oh! I didn't get it what you mean. Yeah its a whole anvil with stock stem too.
In fact the guy had never used the usa adapter

snirgol

Hi guys, I just want to confirm real quick: if I order a full anvil , it comes with the USA adapter as well right? So I don't need to buy anything else to be able to use the thermocore with my dynavap stem right?

snirgol,

Cannabiker

Hi guys, I just want to confirm real quick: if I order a full anvil , it comes with the USA adapter as well right? So I don't need to buy anything else to be able to use the thermocore with my dynavap stem right?
It does not; the USA is a separate component. You'll need to also order a USA if you want to use Dyna-compatible stems. I use one with a Simrell WPA.

Mutley

Simrel stems are better than the stock one? I don't know if it worths to buy a stinger with a wooden body. Will i have a better experience?

Mutley,

Cannabiker

Simrel stems are better than the stock one? I don't know if it worths to buy a stinger with a wooden body. Will i have a better experience?
No, not for native use. I'm using a Simrell WPA, through water. It's just a straight tube.

Cannabiker,
Reactions: Mutley

snirgol

It does not; the USA is a separate component. You'll need to also order a USA if you want to use Dyna-compatible stems. I use one with a Simrell WPA.
Gotcha, good thing I asked. Now to decide if I go for just the USA kit or spend the extra for the full body and the USA kit.

snirgol,
Gotcha, good thing I asked. Now to decide if I go for just the USA kit or spend the extra for the full body and the USA kit.
I had a (small) investment in Dynavap, so I got the USA kit, with the XL bowl. No regrets (except for not ordering a second XL bowl :)

After using it a couple of weeks, I replaced the last actual Dyna part in it (the stem, which retained heat.) So now it's a mix of Vestratto / TRWW / Futo. But it's just about perfect for me, in that config. I've never hit a full Anvil, so can't compare to that.

KindBuddyBud

I had a (small) investment in Dynavap, so I got the USA kit, with the XL bowl. No regrets (except for not ordering a second XL bowl :)
no regrets GIF

No shade. No shade. Whenever I read or hear someone say no regrets I think of this scene from the movie ‘we’re the millers’. It’s a total stoner movie and I’m a bit blazed as I thumb thru fc. Again No Shade being thrown.

snirgol

Got my BFG Flare yesterday and had a chance to do some testing with the Anvil in it. I am using one of the older ovens (i think its a founders edition or at least one of the earlier ones, borrowed from a friend) and i am using the copper sleeve that i got with the induction. I was able to get good results as fast as 30 seconds at 115 watt but so far my favorite is setting the induction at 95watt for 45 seconds. I don't over pack and leave a tiny gap from the top of the bowl. if i go all the way to 45 second, i got super dark roast right on the line. if i pull at around 38 seconds, i get light brown with a lot more flavor. Really digging this setup and you can easily go between 4-5 tasty puffs to 1 big 1 hitter that will smack your face off your face. can't wait to get my own Anvil with the newer Termocore oven (already ordered)

TeaCup

Got my BFG Flare yesterday and had a chance to do some testing with the Anvil in it. I am using one of the older ovens (i think its a founders edition or at least one of the earlier ones, borrowed from a friend) and i am using the copper sleeve that i got with the induction. I was able to get good results as fast as 30 seconds at 115 watt but so far my favorite is setting the induction at 95watt for 45 seconds. I don't over pack and leave a tiny gap from the top of the bowl. if i go all the way to 45 second, i got super dark roast right on the line. if i pull at around 38 seconds, i get light brown with a lot more flavor. Really digging this setup and you can easily go between 4-5 tasty puffs to 1 big 1 hitter that will smack your face off your face. can't wait to get my own Anvil with the newer Termocore oven (already ordered)
This is probably my favorite post of the year, so for that I greatly thank you!!! :rockon:Been going out of my mind since the Flare finally came out and apparently no one seems to own an Anvil and a Flare, or I've somehow missed those posts, or maybe I did read some but they said it was a no go. I can't remember at this point. Been wanting an induction heater for my Anvil for the longest time, and the Forge.........please, give me a f*****g break at whatever price point they have it at. Almost seems like a slap in the face by Vestratto. 400 and it's the size of my thigh. Thanks alot. Maybe at some point if you don't mind you can also put your post in the Flare thread so maybe some people will come out of the woodwork and share their experiences too. Huge ass thank you again my man!

Edit - Ok, went back through the Flare thread and holy crap I did miss alot of Anvil talk. Where was I, lol??? I'm as confused as ever now. Works. Doesn't work. Works. Kinda works. I'm thinking that peoples Anvil preferences play a role in some of these reviews. Like riding the line would take more power then someone like me who doesn't take it that far. Damn, never thought of it like that before. Maybe there is hope for a non ride the line'r after all. :\

Last edited:
Re: heating... I'm using an Ispire wand with my 'frank-an-vil', above. 470F, +8 / +15.
Algorithmic, at this point; it's my daily driver (and camping-friendly, as long as you can charge batteries). Portability is a must-have, for me.

Bakin4Life,
Reactions: TeaCup

leanpubpackage

From experience, the best IH for the anvil behind the forge is the VHB 3D. Adding a copper sleeve to make it work (arguably still suboptimally) is pretty silly. Longer heat up times with the anvil does impact the flavor and the signature

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: TeaCup

Cannabiker

From experience, the best IH for the anvil behind the forge is the VHB 3D. Adding a copper sleeve to make it work (arguably still suboptimally) is pretty silly. Longer heat up times with the anvil does impact the flavor and the signature
I haven't tried the VHB, but my @Camouflet Inductor is at least as effective as a torch for the Anvil.

Top Bottom