Anvil by Vestratto

After cleaning my USA condenser yesterday (which I've found specifically is the cleanliness 'choke point' in the device, and needs the most attention), I found out that Vestratto sells screens on their website. Which look suspiciously like Dynavap screens, IMO.

AFAIK, my USA kit did *not* come with screens, and after looking at the 'exploded' illustrations on Vestratto's site, I don't see screens referenced there, either.

Does the 'full' Anvil come with screens, and if so... where do they attach? I don't see where they'd go in the oven / engine. I have an XL thermocore, btw.

Guessing the screens they show are more 'belt & suspenders', rather than being actually 'needed'. I'd rather not deal with them, if they're not needed. I'd be happy to disassemble the condenser tip to clean the screen more thoroughly, but I see no way to do that.

I love that the vents in the condenser are small (no scoobies w/ coarse grind)... but the small slits do clog up, especially if you RTL, as I do.
Also, because of this, I've stopped lightly dusting my bowls with concentrate (crushed dry diamonds), and have confined their use to the ball vapes.

Bakin4Life,

Momor

After cleaning my USA condenser yesterday (which I've found specifically is the cleanliness 'choke point' in the device, and needs the most attention), I found out that Vestratto sells screens on their website. Which look suspiciously like Dynavap screens, IMO.

AFAIK, my USA kit did *not* come with screens, and after looking at the 'exploded' illustrations on Vestratto's site, I don't see screens referenced there, either.

Does the 'full' Anvil come with screens, and if so... where do they attach? I don't see where they'd go in the oven / engine. I have an XL thermocore, btw.

Guessing the screens they show are more 'belt & suspenders', rather than being actually 'needed'. I'd rather not deal with them, if they're not needed. I'd be happy to disassemble the condenser tip to clean the screen more thoroughly, but I see no way to do that.

I love that the vents in the condenser are small (no scoobies w/ coarse grind)... but the small slits do clog up, especially if you RTL, as I do.
Also, because of this, I've stopped lightly dusting my bowls with concentrate (crushed dry diamonds), and have confined their use to the ball vapes.
Screens are needed in the condenser (and there is also a screen in the regular and half bowl). If you don't have a screen there is nothing to stop the herb to be sucked in the condenser.
You can take that condenser screen simply by pushing it from the other side of the condenser (narrow part).
They really look like the DV ones except there is a little slit in the middle because Vestratto was supposed to make a little tool to take them out but they never did (understandable as it's not necessary at all).

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Vestratto: [cuts a corner, leaves out a component, ensures devices are not cross-compatible, pushes cost/time/lack of quality on customer]

Normal customer: “That’s just shoddy work or bad business, I’ll take my business elsewhere.”

Vestratto customer: “GENIUS!!!!!!!”

PrematureEvaporation

Vestratto: [cuts a corner, leaves out a component, ensures devices are not cross-compatible, pushes cost/time/lack of quality on customer]

Normal customer: “That’s just shoddy work or bad business, I’ll take my business elsewhere.”

Vestratto customer: “GENIUS!!!!!!!”
As a near enough day one Vestratto customer there’s uncomfortable levels of truth to this :lol:

It’s a real ride supporting this company at times, especially when you have an issue and “those” fans come for you to defend John’s honour

Can I just say it’s only a small fraction of customers that are like this though. I rarely have interactions with them now that the owner base is so much larger. This thread now compared to those early days is genuinely night and day. Was an active warzone back in the waitlist days haha

Screens are needed in the condenser (and there is also a screen in the regular and half bowl). If you don't have a screen there is nothing to stop the herb to be sucked in the condenser.
Yes, and I found that out, in my WP. The increased force of the draw can pull it through, although I've never done it by mouth, on a direct pull.
If there's a screen for the XL bowl, it's got to be of a larger diameter. For now, 'one' is better than 'none', I suppose. 🔍

Not only do they look the same but they are the same dimension wise. I actually prefer running an SS DV screen in my condenser to the Vestratto ones. They’re less likely to bend and warp and also easier to acquire where I am
This was helpful. Found a spare DV screen, and it popped right on top of the condenser & held in place. 'Problem' solved :)
As I recall those flippin' screens would just fly when I was doing R&R on them with the Dyna bowls, never to be found. :mad:
Thx for the heads up :)

Top Bottom