• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

RxPlorer

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm happy to say, the mouthpiece issue is been fixed in the next batch. In case you lose one, just ping me and I send you a new one for free.
Is the fix addressed on the body, or of the mouthpiece gasket? Or both?

Edit: Would like to add that I'm really hoping for a great Dosing Capsule experience. That plus the mouthpiece improvements would make this damn near perfect for my use!

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

Is the fix addressed on the body, or of the mouthpiece gasket? Or both?

Edit: Would like to add that I'm really hoping for a great Dosing Capsule experience. That plus the mouthpiece improvements would make this damn near perfect for my use!
I think it could be just the silicone hold the piece? I noticed that the OG’s fit nice and snug and the silicone is more defined and little thicker.

TeaCup

Flavor is Awesome. Better than Fog Pro.

Density is Awesome on session mode. As good as TM, albeit not as efficient.
Maybe I shouldn't knock something I haven't tried, but anyway you could compare the taste to your Tiny instead of the Fog.......just looking at the Fog doesn't induce positive thoughts.....but I could be wrong. I had an XVape product before and it was god awful, but this one's intriguing me. Oh yeah.......the one I had used the same mouthpiece and it got unbearably hot. I know people are saying the vapor's cooler, and I would think that would help with the mouthpiece, but I still gotta ask cause it was HOT as shit! Thanks man.

TeaCup,

RxPlorer

Maybe I shouldn't knock something I haven't tried, but anyway you could compare the taste to your Tiny instead of the Fog.......just looking at the Fog doesn't induce positive thoughts.....but I could be wrong. I had an XVape product before and it was god awful, but this one's intriguing me. Oh yeah.......the one I had used the same mouthpiece and it got unbearably hot. I know people are saying the vapor's cooler, and I would think that would help with the mouthpiece, but I still gotta ask cause it was HOT as shit! Thanks man.
I intentionally avoided comparing taste to the tm since tm gets used so many different ways. But I'll say that for me the flavor is close to the native TM experience (short stem with cooling unit) - clean, convection terpy, a bit muted compared to some other convection setups but overall very good ie "awesome". Toasty conduction notes enter the picture when on session mode, but not until after the 3rd or 4th dense draw and above 385f (the temp readout is probably 20+ f low since I'm getting huge clouds at 330). One thing I would always get with TM convection was kind of a "soapy" aftertaste when the terps were spent. I imagine it as sort of how some people taste cilantro. That isn't happening with the Pro, thankfully. Happy to trade that in for a little hybrid toastiness.

Mouth piece has not gotten hot at all, certainly stays cooler than the above native TM mentioned. Vapor stream itself gets a little harsh in session, above 400 (420?) on the dial. When going there I keep my draws to 10 seconds or less and it's very manageable.

Last edited:

schenkadere

after 6 loads, I have to say I'm very satisfied with this device. Even at full price I think it's a good buy.

A few notes:

This thing is definitely hybrid. The chamber is HOT to the touch, both the floor and the walls, even after long draws of cold air to clear any convection saturation. I'm getting even extraction without stirring, without char. Max temp for flower was 420, so I can't speak to charring concerns above that.

The chamber and vapor path design makes maintenance necessary. Consider courser grinds to reduce the mess. I also use a 3/4" top screen on my flower loads to keep the bits off the lid.

Flavor is Awesome. Better than Fog Pro.

Density is Awesome on session mode. As good as TM, albeit not as efficient.

Haven't found a great way to use kief yet, probably best to go with the flower sandwich method.

The mouthpiece is a loose fit, to the point that I don't even leave it attached when in the case. I'm fine with it but I think that's going to be a concern for some.

Battery life is A+ For a single cell hybrid portable. Way better than TM, better than fog pro.

Recommended.
No stirring or charring? Are you describing the on demand mode? I can't see how you'd get no scorching in session mode at higher temps, unless my unit is faulty.

schenkadere,

DryBonesufo

No stirring or charring? Are you describing the on demand mode? I can't see how you'd get no scorching in session mode at higher temps, unless my unit is faulty.
What I have found with the Pro is that since it’s so free flowing I sort of adjust the way I pull based on the flavor I’m getting from the vapor. ( sorry if that doesn’t make sense) I have the FF2+ and that really trained me on how to inhale to get the results I want. I’d like to see a swivel mouth piece so we can possibly hold the Pro like a typical mod instead of holding it like a firefly.

schenkadere

What I have found with the Pro is that since it’s so free flowing I sort of adjust the way I pull based on the flavor I’m getting from the vapor. ( sorry if that doesn’t make sense) I have the FF2+ and that really trained me on how to inhale to get the results I want. I’d like to see a swivel mouth piece so we can possibly hold the Pro like a typical mod instead of holding it like a firefly.
I try to hold it that way too, but I don't think it really matters. With a bit of a tamp and that disk above the bowl, the weed stays in place well.

RxPlorer

I've got up to 420 in on demand only, to finish a flower load. No stirring was needed and no charring.

I think the highest I've gone in session was 400 or 405 and I wouldn't go higher. It was dark enough, a little harsh, I'd be concerned about char above that

DryBonesufo

I've got up to 420 in on demand only, to finish a flower load. No stirring was needed and no charring.

I think the highest I've gone in session was 400 or 405 and I wouldn't go higher. It was dark enough, a little harsh, I'd be concerned about char above that
I actually have done sessions on 430.. not bad at all lol.

Being high right now… BUT I was thinking they should make the Airvape symbol on the front of the unit be a button to initiate Ondemand mode lol

Last edited:

RxPlorer

I char at 395 in session mode
I wouldn't be able to accept that. Does this occur conductively as well, if you don't draw?

I don't think anyone should expect a temp readout to accurately measure the herb temp within a degree... but what you're describing seems like an anomaly.

This device is def on my list I’ve been watching the feedback for some weeks. I want a portable since I haven’t had one since the anvil and Tinymight

Nice to see the company rep on here too

What made you drop the anvil and TM?
I used my vapman this morning and I don't see that ever leaving rotation. But I don't miss the TM at all

Edit: ...because Legacy Pro fills the niche! (To stay on topic)

A7XFREAK674

@a7xVapes
Mine just arrived yesterday, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised to this point. Cool, enjoyable vapor. Definitely satisfying to use. I'm understanding the Tinymight comparisons but definitely need some time to put it through its paces before making any statements on that comparison one way or the other. I like it so far though. Stayed in session mode mostly so far, I usually crank the temperature on most vapes but I'm getting nice sessions in the 365 to 390 range

ondemander

I won't go in depth right now over all my gripes with the device, but my main one is the shitty gasket holding the (inlet?) screen next to the oven. I don't know how to keep it in place and it keeps falling out and the screen falls out. I don't want want to open the lid and a bunch of herb gets sucked down the hole every time. It's an extremely messy device and herb spills everywhere as it is. I really wish more companies would adopt something similar to Tafee Bowl's "pot" system which was just a more evolved Ghost MV1 crucible. Those make for such cleaner device and taste much better than full on metal dosing capsules.

If anyone knows how to install and hold the black gasket in place with the screen next to the oven let me know.

ondemander,

RxPlorer

I won't go in depth right now over all my gripes with the device, but my main one is the shitty gasket holding the (inlet?) screen next to the oven. I don't know how to keep it in place and it keeps falling out and the screen falls out. I don't want want to open the lid and a bunch of herb gets sucked down the hole every time. It's an extremely messy device and herb spills everywhere as it is. I really wish more companies would adopt something similar to Tafee Bowl's "pot" system which was just a more evolved Ghost MV1 crucible. Those make for such cleaner device and taste much better than full on metal dosing capsules.

If anyone knows how to install and hold the black gasket in place with the screen next to the oven let me know.
Yikes my screen hasn't come loose at all, and I wipe if briskly after every load.

Man I totally agree with you about the Tafee ceramic "pot" system. I just don't understand how that design with top-town heating hasn't caught like wildfire yet. It makes so much damn sense!

TeaCup

I intentionally avoided comparing taste to the tm since tm gets used so many different ways. But I'll say that for me the flavor is close to the native TM experience (short stem with cooling unit) - clean, convection terpy, a bit muted compared to some other convection setups but overall very good ie "awesome". Toasty conduction notes enter the picture when on session mode, but not until after the 3rd or 4th dense draw and above 385f (the temp readout is probably 20+ f low since I'm getting huge clouds at 330). One thing I would always get with TM convection was kind of a "soapy" aftertaste when the terps were spent. I imagine it as sort of how some people taste cilantro. That isn't happening with the Pro, thankfully. Happy to trade that in for a little hybrid toastiness.

Mouth piece has not gotten hot at all, certainly stays cooler than the above native TM mentioned. Vapor stream itself gets a little harsh in session, above 400 (420?) on the dial. When going there I keep my draws to 10 seconds or less and it's very manageable.
This was great.....this was the review I've been waiting for. People were bringing up the TM, but I don't think they were going into detail about it except for the "it hits hard like a TM". Thanks, definitely has my attention.....maybe just one or two more nudges from people.

I'm understanding the Tinymight comparisons but definitely need some time to put it through its paces before making any statements on that comparison one way or the other.
And maybe this could be one of the two nudges, lol. Look forward to hearing more.

schenkadere

I have issues with that part as well.

There is a tiny slot in that gasket that the screen needs to be seated within. I couldn't get it to stay in until I realized that, but it's still rather loose at times.

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

I have issues with that part as well.

There is a tiny slot in that gasket that the screen needs to be seated within. I couldn't get it to stay in until I realized that, but it's still rather loose at times.
Best thing to do is, place that gasket where it needs to be, use the pick tool and place the small screen in there. Don’t try to have the screen in the that silicone holding and then put it in. Place the silicone holder first and then place the screen

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I'm glad Airvape decided to release another version of the Legacy, I have the OG, I found the performances really good but there was some design's flaws able to disturb user and keeping it away to benefit of the performances: difficult to load, difficult to stir (without to spill), lot of cleaning (air inlet near the chamber and top lid especially), under estimated T° (not a big deal when you are aware of the issue) and non airproof top lid (you have to press top lid on the chamber to avoid air leaks).

Although, once upon a time ;), I tried to get a stem able to fit the chamber... found one and got massive hits! But a little tricky to use:)

The new version seems to fix most issues I mentionned, sadly I didn't got one despite they offered me a pretty interesting deal, it appears I don't have anymore funds to buy vaporizers, prices increase a lot in my country since a fews months... and not my incomes.

Good work AirVape team, I applaude!

Complexity

Thanks everyone for the replies on the smell. There was almost no smell at all! Did about a 9 minute burn off anyway. (HR Rogue had days worth of off-gassing and it ruined the taste)

Okay so I've had it now since Monday the 6th. Time for my 5-day verdict based on my experiences with it so far and also still having the OG Legacy to compare it to.

So I've been vaping through it exclusively. I've had to charge it twice already since having initially charged it once I received it. I can't recall how long the OG Legacy stayed charged but I am absolutely in love with the fact that I finally have a working vaporizer that has removable/replaceable batteries! This means I can buy more batteries and swap out on a trip.
I only briefly had to use the OG Legacy last year around July-August when my HR Rogue crapped out after only about a months use but I just couldn't enjoy it because of how messy it was, how cumbersome the cleaning was with the little screen, the uneven burning of the bowl, always having to stir it and that burnt taste I'd always get.

Maybe it's the honey moon phase talking but I'm really enjoying the Legacy Pro so far!

They really did address the design around the chamber and made it SO MUCH more simpler. My OCD is no longer triggered loading the flower on this thing! I don't have flower to scoop out of the crevices where the silicone casket goes around the chamber or where the small screen is on the OG Legacy. Loading flower is really a breeze now.
I can't say the same about emptying out the Legacy Pro, it's still messy af! Expected of course given the door design and the flower sticking to the bowl reducer but also I've vaped bubble hash on the wax pad so I can't complain about it too much. lol

Speaking of,(my mind is all over the place so bare with me) the wax experience so far has been so satisfying! I know there are wax pens and other vapes out there specifically for that(almost snagged an Ispire daab instead of the Legacy Pro but super glad I went with the Legacy Pro just due to the portability and it was a deal I couldn't pass up and more in my budget at the moment) but I am in LOVE at the idea of being able to do both on one device! On Wednesday when going out into town I loaded a wax bowl instead of flower. It does it well! It's flavorful and so easy to use compared to the OG Legacy!

Vaping flower is satisfying as well! I no longer have to bust a lung to get a decent hit, it's just so easy and free-flowing!
I've been implementing what someone (sorry I can't remember who posted it) said about putting the wax pad on top of the flower to get a more micro-micro dosing experience. It really does help to finish the bowl quicker and vaporizes better at lower temps. With that method I've been going as low as 332F and still getting great vapor, albeit a bit harsher IMHO.
With that being said, I do enjoy the flavor on the Legacy Pro but I don't find it as satisfying as on the HR Rogue for some reason. The taste is there but it just has this 'other' flavor that I can't describe? Still a fan, and I also find that it brings out other terpenes that I'm enjoying the first 2-3 pulls.
This thing gets me so blasted quickly, so I am enjoying the potency as well! I always felt that the OG Legacy did well on that as well, just had to work harder for it. hahah
I am also a huge fan of the overall design change as far as the looks go. It almost looks so much smaller than the OG Legacy. The curves really do it well! And the all black color with the gold is just eye catching. It's beautiful!

I always wanted to love the OG Legacy because I was a fan of the removable/replaceable battery, the faster heat-up time(which I had missed dearly with using the HR Rogue and KP OG Jams), and also the auto shut off when no movement detected. I was a fan of the sustainability aspect of it as well.

I have not, however; had to clean the thing yet, so I'll see how my opinion of it is after I finally get around to it as I have been seeing people having issues with the gasket on the screen becoming loose?

Anyway, so far so good! I will be taking it around town for work tomorrow so we'll see how the loading and unloading of it is going to affect the discretion aspect of it while around town. If not I have the HR Rogue with the dosing capsules I can use for work if I decide it's not worth the risk.

It's definitely what the OG Legacy should have been! That has just been collecting dust I might sell it just to get some extra cash rather than let it waste away in my drawer. I might break it out and do a direct side-by-side comparison but we'll see. :)

ontopofclouds

fyi for everyone code troyandjerry gets you $100 off the legacy pro for the next 48 hours

I put it in my cart to test and the legacy pro + water pipe adapter comes out to $190 shipped for me personally, trying very hard to resist the VAS right now :uhoh:

i have been following this thread however I'm not sure if i missed it but has anyone managed to get a good video of the functionality through water? very important factor for me, the water pipe adapter on the site looks rather nice but I would like to hear some impressions if possible

schenkadere

fyi for everyone code troyandjerry gets you $100 off the legacy pro for the next 48 hours

I put it in my cart to test and the legacy pro + water pipe adapter comes out to $190 shipped for me personally, trying very hard to resist the VAS right now :uhoh:

i have been following this thread however I'm not sure if i missed it but has anyone managed to get a good video of the functionality through water? very important factor for me, the water pipe adapter on the site looks rather nice but I would like to hear some impressions if possible
It doesn’t need water IMO. The vapor is surprisingly cool.

Top Bottom