• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

Complexity

Here we go...left pile...Native
Middle pile....On Demand Mode 10 minutes, set at 420°F...No Draws taken
Right pile...Session Mode 10 minutes set at 420°F. No Draws taken
The Session pile Definitely had Conduction going on !
Nice!
If this is why they state hybrid heating, it's nicely put!
Glad to see the on-demand mode doesn't cook the herb unless you press the heating button and inhale for a more micro-dosing consumption.

It seems Airvape has finally began to ship my order! Cannot wait to test the Legacy Pro!

schenkadere

Here we go...left pile...Native
Middle pile....On Demand Mode 10 minutes, set at 420°F...No Draws taken
Right pile...Session Mode 10 minutes set at 420°F. No Draws taken
The Session pile Definitely had Conduction going on !
Pardon my ignorance, but how and why would it heat differently based on the mode. It's the same oven and same chamber. One continually heats, the other heats when engaged. Again, how and why would that change how the oven heats? I don't get it.

schenkadere,

schenkadere

Not evil, but you would think they would have learned from their mistakes with the first attempt, the "microdosing basket," which wouldn't even fit in the bowl. As per your allusion, they released the microdosing disk and charged shipping for it. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just refuse the package arriving today and get a refund.
It's a fine piece other than that. Everything has a shortcoming of some sort, but I can see your aprehension if you weren't thrilled with the OG.
Overall I'm very happy with it and it has become my #1 even over my brick and dynavaps. It's much more convenient and hits just as hard (maybe harder) with cooler vapor. It's a winner IMO. The micro dosing thing seems to be a gimmick since the way it's intended to work is counterintuitive.

Edit: Sorry Mods...I'm not supposed to post too many in a row...hope this didn't break the rules...too late now, ugh!

schenkadere,

DryBonesufo

Pardon my ignorance, but how and why would it heat differently based on the mode. It's the same oven and same chamber. One continually heats, the other heats when engaged. Again, how and why would that change how the oven heats? I don't get it.
Simple, one mode has the oven constantly heating with radiant heat and the other the heater is not engaged until the button is pressed.

I think they redesigned the heater to make it more hybrid leaning Ondemand vape. The clouds start roaring after the first hit. And the first hit at 400 you do have to pull for about 5-7 secs then you just feel a rush of vapor. The hybrid tech is pretty cool as once you let go of the button the heater stops. Yes radiant heat you will see vapor but after that, no vapor is being produced.
Session that heater is engaged at all times.
This has also been my number 1. I asked Troy in last nights stream to do a quick review but he is opting to actually do a full on review of the Pro. He seems to have a lot to say about it as he did test the beta versions.

Last edited:

jbm

It's a fine piece other than that. Everything has a shortcoming of some sort, but I can see your aprehension if you weren't thrilled with the OG.
The OG is a decent vape, but Airvape's CS during the whole pre-order period was pretty bad. They kept blaming the units not shipping on a new reason every few days, and when they finally did ship, the "basket" was so obviously an afterthought. Then on top of that to charge shipping instead of just sending the damn thing to all purchasers, necessitating your having to order it from them, soured me on the company. My tolerance and load size have gotten bigger since the OG, though, so perhaps it might work better for me now. I'll probably give it a chance.

schenkadere

Simple, one mode has the oven constantly heating with radiant heat and the other the heater is not engaged until the button is pressed.

I think they redesigned the heater to make it more hybrid leaning Ondemand vape. The clouds start roaring after the first hit. And the first hit at 400 you do have to pull for about 5-7 secs then you just feel a rush of vapor. The hybrid tech is pretty cool as once you let go of the button the heater stops. Yes radiant heat you will see vapor but after that, no vapor is being produced.
Session that heater is engaged at all times.
This has also been my number 1. I asked Troy in last nights stream to do a quick review but he is opting to actually do a full on review of the Pro. He seems to have a lot to say about it as he did test the beta versions.
Conduction is direct contact with the heat source and convection is indirect...the mode doesn't change the oven location or technology, only the frequency of heating. I still don't get it. Maybe it's inaccurate terminology?

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Hello Airvapers!

Allow me to join this group as a help and support for our brand. My name is Gary, you can ask me any questions regarding the brand or any product-related issues.

I will go back and try to answer the questions here.

Happy to help:)

Stay High!

Sincerely,
Gary S.
CMO

Okla68

Hello Airvapers!

Allow me to join this group as a help and support for our brand. My name is Gary, you can ask me any questions regarding the brand or any product-related issues.

Stay High!

Sincerely,
Gary S.
CMO
THANK YOU !!
The PRO is a TOP SHELF unit !
CONGRATULATIONS on a job Well Done !
(5 time Airvape((various models))purchaser !

DryBonesufo

Conduction is direct contact with the heat source and convection is indirect...the mode doesn't change the oven location or technology, only the frequency of heating. I still don't get it. Maybe it's inaccurate terminology?
Hello Airvapers!

Stay High!

Sincerely,
Gary S.
CMO
Any plans on making dosing caps for the Pro?

RxPlorer

Hello Airvapers!

Stay High!

Sincerely,
Gary S.
CMO
Thanks for chiming in Gary! I'm await info my shipment as we speak.

How do you respond to the above criticisms of the built-in microdosing disk? Microdosing is a critical feature to me, and I would argue an important function of all modern on demand convection portables.

Can you provide evidence that the disk feature is working as an intended? Can you quantify its improvements to the microdosing experience (improved efficiency, even extraction of small loads, etc)?

DryBonesufo

How do you respond to the above criticisms of the built-in microdosing disk? Microdosing is a critical feature to me, and I would argue an important function of all modern on demand convection portables.

Can you provide evidence that the disk feature is working as an intended? Can you quantify its improvements to the microdosing experience (improved efficiency, even extraction of small loads, etc)?
From my personal experience it works. It sucks that it screws off but I also wish it was protruding more as well. Just tested a bowl for first hit Ondemand. The microdisk retracted not to the point of screwing off had thicker vapor production compared to a more V3 pro esque . I know you wanted answers from the makers, sorry!!

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer

Well, here we intended to make the disk able to hold down a half-filled bowl, and still be able to produce a good cloud and flavor. Yes, we take the criticism here, it is difficult to make it cleanable and functional at the same time. We believe it is more important to clean the disk so we did not fix it to the door.

Colors will be available next year probably.

RxPlorer

@Gary-Airvape I'd just ask that a lot of thought and testing be put into the dosing capsules before launching them. Yes everyone wants it, but in convection vapes, capsules rarely work ideally.

Focus on isolating the airflow Through the capsule (not around it) without introducing too much conduction.

A solid capsule wall with some sort of seal gasket near the top rim should help to ensure air is forced through the capsule, while leaving an air gap between the crucible and capsule wall.

If it isn't done very well, there isn't much point in capsules when it comes to convection.

Edit: also please make capsules easy-open. Not like the Crafty aluminum capsules that are hard to open and easy to deform

schenkadere

Buzz said it right
How is possible to be conduction and convection at the same time...makes no sense. Either the heating element is in contact with the bowl, or it's not. It doesn't move.

I really love the Pro. It's become my daily driver. I was a big fan of the highly underrated X too (I've owned multiple). I never understood how that doesn't get more attention.

I assume the OG Legacy will be phased out once inventory goes?

I've been filling the Pro bowl (med to fine grind) and generally running a 3 min session at 395-400F. The bottom and sides are definitely scorched and tastes as if it is. Is it possible the temp is inaccurate?

Am I the only one not a fan of dosing capsules? Sure, they're convenient but they definitely detract from the experience IMO.

Top Bottom