• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

jbm

When it comes to manufacturing new things, sometimes they f.ck up something with the molds, and we have to correct that and start a new batch (since you can order only in batch, that could happen, a line of product comes with an issue like this). It doesn't necessarily mean we improve it all the time. In this case, the PRO molds got a .5mm difference in the silicone that holds the mouthpiece in place, god knows why, and how, but it happened... So we find a solution now, the OG fits good, and the new batch will be coming with a better fitting silicone.
Will you be providing one or the other to Pro owners as replacements?

schenkadere

Yes, lol. I found if you click on where my name is, it will comeup full size. (Hopefully, I will Learn sooner than Later, lol )! Showing the results of the "AUTODEBOWLER", lol !
I have that happen to me too, lol. I don't get the disk thing. I understand the microdosing aspect of it, although I find the design backasswards. Does it serve another purpose? Maybe just to seal the bowl?

schenkadere,
Reactions: LesPlenty

jbm

What about the older one? My dad has a tinymight that keep breaking on him on a yearly basis so I'm trying to find something more durable for his stubborn ass lmao
I would say that the Pro is probably not as fiddly as the TM, so I think you could call it more durable. The lid latch on the OG could lose its seal over time, and the cleaning and debowling was messy. These are issues which the Pro addresses.

RxPlorer

It seems unlikely the LP will have similar issues to TM's battery and electrical contacts, so I don't think we'll be taking the LPs apart annually. Fortunately there's nothing at risk of damage when changing the batteries either. That said, the LP has its own potential downsides.

My biggest concern is the lid and hinge. My lid doesn't sit flush above the bowle, instead it protrudes a little while the mouthpiece side of the lid is perfectly flush. The bowl side of the hinge appears to be under more pressure as well. I don't currently have any air leaks, but I'm concerned that some might develop, or that the hinge will wear out from the pressure.

Last edited:

Complexity

As most people on here have stated, the OG silicone piece fits perfect. There really is a slight difference. I put the one that came with the Pro in the OG Legacy and it slips in too easy and just doesn't feel as snug. The OG piece that is in the Pro Legacy needs a firm push into the hole and feels pretty snug in there.

There is one gripe I have that some people have been having, and it's the silicone piece that goes with the screen next to the chamber.
I began my placing the screen first and then placed the silicone piece over it after I had done the first cleaning the other day. The next day I was trying to take a decent pull from it and it just seemed off. I looked and the silicone piece was just not in its place properly and I realized that I would have to put the screen in it and try to put it on afterwards. But it just seems very flimsy, as if it will not take the mold of the screen properly and I almost thought it would just stay loose but thank goodness it has stayed firmly in place.
I believe that piece is going to continue to cause problems but I'm hoping it doesn't it's just a little challenging to make it stay around the screen before you put it back in its place within the vape.

Other than that, I find that I don't get too flavorful hits in session mode because the heat retention of the bowl darkens my flower a little too much so I've switched over to on demand mode to see if it's any different. So far, I do notice more flavor.

I don't know if I'm not packing it enough or packing properly but when I open the door after spending the herb, it is super messy. Part of it is stuck to the disk, and a lot of it goes into the screen area and I have to brush it off in three different spots(third being the chamber). I might attribute that messiness to using wax and then flower and not wiping down with alcohol pads after using wax.

Other than that, I have been still using it exclusively and haven't even reached for my Rogue, but I have been trying different load variations and hardly ever fill up the chamber all the way.
I really do believe that if they can get capsules for the Legacy Pro it'll be a better experience mess-wise and just overall convenience for on the go.

dieezus

I don't know if I'm not packing it enough or packing properly but when I open the door after spending the herb, it is super messy. Part of it is stuck to the disk, and a lot of it goes into the screen area and I have to brush it off in three different spots(third being the chamber). I might attribute that messiness to using wax and then flower and not wiping down with alcohol pads after using wax.

100% my experience. It is a very messy vape for me. I see other users have the flower stick to the disk but that's never happened to me. Instead, the flower gets stuck around the gold disk and all around the screen area.

greenpager

As most people on here have stated, the OG silicone piece fits perfect. There really is a slight difference. I put the one that came with the Pro in the OG Legacy and it slips in too easy and just doesn't feel as snug. The OG piece that is in the Pro Legacy needs a firm push into the hole and feels pretty snug in there.
This is why I considered picking up an OG mouthpiece kit (available under Accessories & Parts on website) for use in the Legacy Pro. Personally, I would rather have to wrestle the piece into place. Not only would I feel confident about the piece staying put in the immediate short term, but I also would feel better about the piece retaining function (no stretching or loosening) after long term use.
I don't know if I'm not packing it enough or packing properly but when I open the door after spending the herb, it is super messy. Part of it is stuck to the disk, and a lot of it goes into the screen area and I have to brush it off in three different spots(third being the chamber).
Thissssssss. I use nothing but dry flower, use a medium to fine grind, have no history with wax or other materials, and have yet to pack the LP oven more than 2/3 full, but can report the same experience. The spillage is not explosive, but definitely enough to make me take stock of when and where I am before opening. There's no peeking to check the color of the AVB or to stir (I don't really stir bowls anyhow). Best to have a paper towel or cloth underneath to catch possibly fragrant fallout. Still happy tho!

Okla68

I have that happen to me too, lol. I don't get the disk thing. I understand the microdosing aspect of it, although I find the design backasswards. Does it serve another purpose? Maybe just to seal the bowl?
How can it "seal the bowl" when it has 100's of holes in it ?

I wouldn't be able to accept that. Does this occur conductively as well, if you don't draw?

I don't think anyone should expect a temp readout to accurately measure the herb temp within a degree... but what you're describing seems like an anomaly.

What made you drop the anvil and TM?
I used my vapman this morning and I don't see that ever leaving rotation. But I don't miss the TM at all

Edit: ...because Legacy Pro fills the niche! (To stay on topic)
It does NOT pull HEAT thru the load when ON DEMAND when not drawing thru it !

Okla68,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'm trying to find something more durable for his stubborn ass lmao
Look at the warranty, Airvape must believe it is durable!
Google says,
The AirVape Legacy is for the tech-loving connoisseur and stands next to none in design and portability. The manufacturer offers a limited lifetime warranty that the end-user can quickly register on AirVape's website.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Okla68

BleuEyedOne

Look at the warranty, Airvape must believe it is durable!
Google says,
The AirVape Legacy is for the tech-loving connoisseur and stands next to none in design and portability. The manufacturer offers a limited lifetime warranty that the end-user can quickly register on AirVape's website.

I think it's great to offer a "LIMITED Lifetime Warranty"

the last time I saw a contract like it I was renting a car!

BleuEyedOne,
Reactions: LesPlenty

BleuEyedOne

with a $40 "handling fee" if it's "out of warranty"

and it only covers the original buyer, not the unit itself.

for the same $$ I'll take my chances with TM, FW8, TP80

doesn't Villi include postage, both ways?

Last edited:

floribud

What about the older one? My dad has a tinymight that keep breaking on him on a yearly basis so I'm trying to find something more durable for his stubborn ass lmao
The OG Legacy is basically pretty durable, but the magnets can sometimes fall off the lid... which in turn messes up the seal. The Pro has a nice locking latch, that "seems" more durable, but I've only had it a month or so.

Complexity

This is why I considered picking up an OG mouthpiece kit (available under Accessories & Parts on website) for use in the Legacy Pro. Personally, I would rather have to wrestle the piece into place. Not only would I feel confident about the piece staying put in the immediate short term, but I also would feel better about the piece retaining function (no stretching or loosening) after long term use.

Thissssssss. I use nothing but dry flower, use a medium to fine grind, have no history with wax or other materials, and have yet to pack the LP oven more than 2/3 full, but can report the same experience. The spillage is not explosive, but definitely enough to make me take stock of when and where I am before opening. There's no peeking to check the color of the AVB or to stir (I don't really stir bowls anyhow). Best to have a paper towel or cloth underneath to catch possibly fragrant fallout. Still happy tho!
IMO I think Airvape should send the OG mouthpieces for free instead of us having to buy them in the store. Gives a sour taste in remembering the OG Legacy after they came out with the 'improved' micro-basket and whatever else they released with it. I thought about getting it multiple times, but I'm glad I didn't.

Yeah it's really at a disadvantage if you want to be discreet when you're out and about. I've actually been loading wax into it when going to work and that usually lasts me until I get home so I don't have to deal with loading flower into it. I've been loading the chamber pretty full and giving it a light tap down with my finger and it's been helping keep the flower in the bowl for the most part!
I must say I am pleasantly surprised at how efficient it is especially in on-demand mode. I am even enjoying wax mode at 430F in on-demand and works very well! For obvious reasons the battery lasts longer and I am so far enjoying the flavor a lot more when compared to session mode.

Since owning this vape I can finally give into my wanting to purchase more concentrates online and just trying more variety as I don't usually buy too many vapes for both wax and flower.

DryBonesufo

So being high af from the Airvape I decided to do a bit of cleaning the mouth piece… then I looked at my Pro and thought “hell, it looks great without the mp…. I wonder…”

So I packed a fresh bowl and place the silicone and the screen minus the mp and yeah, it can work. I would recommend the FF2+ Technique. Vapor does get hot in the throat without the mp if pulling too hard. Almost becomes an Ondemand Davinci IQ as the IQ is a sipper as well. Sooo I wonder if Airvape would come out with a cooling flat mouthpiece? Probably hard to do with this current design but yeah just my thoughts..

sickmanfraud

We have tested the OG mouthpiece that we have in stock right now, and it has a better fit for the PRO. You can order it from the shop until the new batch arrives ( shipping time from Asia is madness right now).

Will you be automatically shipping the new mouthpieces when they are in stock?

doesn't Villi include postage, both ways?

yes

guys, remember lifetime warranties and 1/2 priced upgrades are only as good/strong as the company behind it.

Last edited:

Okla68

Will you be automatically shipping the new mouthpieces when they are in stock?

yes

guys, remember lifetime warranties and 1/2 priced upgrades are only as good/strong as the company behind it.
AIRVAPE WARRANTY.....Bought my 1st vape from a local retailer in 2017-18, an Airvape X. By the 2nd week I had managed to stick the USB cord in backwards (medicated much). Called Apollo(Airvape) and got directions for Warranty Replacement (even though My Fault). A week later I had a new unit in the mail. NO CHARGE !!
The 3rd week with this new unit(LOTS OF USE) it Quit ! (wouldn't hold a charge), called Apollo and requested return instructions. A week later, a New Beautiful Gold X arrives. 3 days later, my daughter proceeded to try and insert the USB plug Upsidedown....RUINED !!!
GET THIS ........
I called Apollo Friday afternoon and on my knees asked for Another Warranty Replacement ! I didnt get around to return mail the broken #3 unit till Saturday......Monday I went to the mailbox, about got pissed, thought my package had been returned....No.....A BRAND NEW AIRVAPE X.....Theres No Way they had even received the broken unit yet ! And sent me a New One ! (although it was Black and not the beautiful Gold(lol)) !
(Still using the last one almost 3 years now. ASMOF, using it as I type this. A Mimosa Evo flower and home pressed Rosin from the same flower, Sandwich !!!)

I DO NOT work nor receive Anything for touting a company that has treated me Excellent !
(Dont know if this diatribe is allowed, if not, please remove)

Last edited:

schenkadere

AIRVAPE WARRANTY.....Bought my 1st vape from a local retailer in 2017-18, an Airvape X. By the 2nd week I had managed to stick the USB cord in backwards (medicated much). Called Apollo(Airvape) and got directions for Warranty Replacement (even though My Fault). A week later I had a new unit in the mail. NO CHARGE !!
The 3rd week with this new unit(LOTS OF USE) it Quit ! (wouldn't hold a charge), called Apollo and requested return instructions. A week later, a New Beautiful Gold X arrives. 3 days later, my daughter proceeded to try and insert the USB plug Upsidedown....RUINED !!!
GET THIS ........
I called Apollo Friday afternoon and on my knees asked for Another Warranty Replacement ! I didnt get around to return mail the broken #3 unit till Saturday......Monday I went to the mailbox, about got pissed, thought my package had been returned....No.....A BRAND NEW AIRVAPE X.....Theres No Way they had even received the broken unit yet ! And sent me a New One ! (although it was Black and not the beautiful Gold(lol)) !
(Still using the last one almost 3 years now. ASMOF, using it as I type this. A Mimosa Evo flower and home pressed Rosin from the same flower, Sandwich !!!)

I DO NOT work nor receive Anything for touting a company that has treated me Excellent !
(Dont know if this diatribe is allowed, if not, please remove)
I’ve only had positive experiences myself

Edit: I’m a convert to the on demand mode but…being a righty, does anyone feel this design is more suited to a lefty?

Last edited:
Top Bottom