Advanced E-cig users and oil/wax, how-to "one-hitter-quitter"

doc

I take mah in this case doesn't really effect the battery life in this case? Because the purple efest is 700mah, while the red is 800mah. I noticed a local store has the purple 18350 in a version 2. Are they already on version 2 for the purples?

Then again the AW or purple efest 18500 is pretty tempting also.

all efest colors
v1 = flat top
v2 = nipple top

the red efest are rated 800mah at 6amps (?) and the purple are rated 700mah at 10.5 amps. The purples can handle a higher amperage rate, kinda like a 7 gear 8cyllinder car and highway miles vs a 4 gear 4cyllinder. Sometimes it happens that way with proper gearing (chemical mixtures).

FYI the purple 18500 EFEST is rated the same as the other 18500 batteries, around 1kmah and 15A rating. Only the 18350 is special for efest, no one has anything similar yet.

Last edited:

215z

@lesvape The nominal mAh on the label measures the capacity of these cells under a very light load. What we vapers care about is the capacity and vigor of these cells under maximum continuous discharge, which sadly isn't on the label of these batteries. In the graph I posted earlier, in which the cells were discharged at 10A pulses, the AWIMR18350 700mAh really only delivered 353mAh in capacity, and the purple Efests deliver only 495mAh in capacity.

Last edited:

madapples

Yesterday I ran my first QWET run of 10 g of various bud. First wash of three minutes and second wash five minutes. The first wash provided roughly 1.2 g of light brown tar'y hash. Second wash gave me .7g of darker brown gooey hash.

First
6bd81c329329452
not sure if the images will show up but I'll give picture link if a mod can fix :(
http://www.imagebam.com/image/6bd81c329329452

Second
87b875329329460

http://www.imagebam.com/image/87b875329329460

My plan is to use the 2nd wash to experiment with my new ego vision w/ pro tank 3.

Just wondering if this qwet will "oil" up under heat to allow the mixing with the pg? As what I extracted looks more like wet/tar'y bubble hash.

madapples,
Reactions: 2clicker

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yesterday I ran my first QWET run of 10 g of various bud. First wash of three minutes and second wash five minutes. The first wash provided roughly 1.2 g of light brown tar'y hash. Second wash gave me .7g of darker brown gooey hash.

First
image.jpg

Second
image.jpg

My plan is to use the 2nd wash to experiment with my new ego vision w/ pro tank 3.

Just wondering if this qwet will "oil" up under heat to allow the mixing with the pg? As what I extracted looks more like wet/tar'y bubble hash.
Fixed them for you ^^

It should be able to mix with it, but any excess plant lipids (fats/waxes) will gunk up the coils.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: farscaper

215z

Got vapemail! Waiting on readywick. I need to figure out how to cut/mill ceramic to replace that delrin insulator under the positive post. I also need to replace the rubber o-rings with silicone o-rings.
e30989974c1f73518cab0fc04b2035c9.jpg

91826b325796f4d341ccb91b7448c53f.jpg

711467878f29406aa69ecfe0794a1e98.jpg

72ffe5c22a829f7c14e1a310db529843.jpg

Going to set it up and test it with straight VG until ejmix arrives.

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
Heres an updated pic of my build after some more trial and error cases. I've now gone to ribbon kanthal for concentrates at least, seems to work better. I run dual 1.8 coils for a total of .9 resistance. I love watching people hit it for the first time, not realizing how powerfull it is and watching them cough till they tear up. From a pack I can get at least great tasting hits off of it before it requires some poking around to upkeep taste. All in all I am very satisfied with its performance. Lung ripping hits in seconds, 6 seconds is about as long as im willing to hold it or else its a definite choker, but the flavor is spot on, and the duration of product is much better then glass, prompting me to use it more frequently then my glass and write long run on sentences.

2aajxi9.jpg

It certainly kicks some serious ass.

And a pick of my mod together with my aqua RTA

16id4as.jpg

2clicker

Observer
does anyone know the trade # for the orings on the igo-w base?

or just the measurements perhaps...?

2clicker,

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
thanks, but is that 16mm an inside or outside measurement?

i am looking to replace the black buna orings with red/orange high temp silicone orings.

16mm = 5/8"
1mm = 1/32"

if we know if the 16mm means inside or outside then i can get the trade # for it. i assume its for the inside diameter, but i want to be certain.

If / when you do find those for the Igo-w please post it up here with a link, I've been trying to find them myself and would greatly appreciate it, my biggest problem is everytime I get one the diameter is too fat to fit properly on the profile grooves on the base, thanks

DabComa,

2clicker

Observer
If / when you do find those for the Igo-w please post it up here with a link, I've been trying to find them myself and would greatly appreciate it, my biggest problem is everytime I get one the diameter is too fat to fit properly on the profile grooves on the base, thanks

i will for sure. in fact when i do find them i will order a pack (usually 25-50) and can split the pack with others here. i certainly wont need that many.

the orings that come stock on the igos are junk.

2clicker,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I'll try and remember to take some measurements when I get home I have a digital caliper I can use to take dimensions with.

Puffers,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Just ordered a Trident V2, I thought it was time to step away from my kanger aerotank and get back to building some dual and quad coils.
I'm rocking a dual coil setup at .7ohms with 28ga kanthal, pretty nice :brow: I've also got one of the ceramic "cores" from my dead Dabbler cart. I wrapped a coil around a drillbit the same size and was able to slip it into the coil and heated it clean, had a nice light glow when I let off the heat for a couple seconds and came out pure white :D

kingtut106

I'm rocking a dual coil setup at .7ohms with 28ga kanthal, pretty nice :brow: I've also got one of the ceramic "cores" from my dead Dabbler cart. I wrapped a coil around a drillbit the same size and was able to slip it into the coil and heated it clean, had a nice light glow when I let off the heat for a couple seconds and came out pure white :D

Nice I was between that and the helios for a rda (hopefully I made the right choice) for one with good AFC.

I'm going make two micro coils with 12 wraps in each using 28g kantal, hopefully that provides me with a decent amount of surface area with a resistance around 1 ohm. Or I might go with four 8 wrap coils if I want to drop down into the .5 range.

fernand

Guys, have mercy. Simple question. I'm in too much pain to go searching through all the posts now, and we've got the expertise here.

I just got both a Kanger Mini Protank 2 and an Aerotank 3 Mini. The latter has the new un-whiskered 1.5 ohm atties. But I have spare 2.2 Ohm replacement atties for the protank 2 and spare 2.0 ohm atties for the aerotank 3. I can run them on eGo batteries, adjustable V or not, or a ProVari.

So point blank question: to use with a clean SuperMelt or clear Co2 oil, lightly thinned with EJMix, which works better and why? Thank you!

p.s. The Aerotank 3 Mini is marvelous in test run 1 with VG e-liquid. Great taste and vapor, no leaking.

I also got some of the small "Sapphire Bud" type carts. I tested one with a VG based e-liquid and it sucks, or rather doesn't. It doesn't wick well and tastes terrible, same as the pre-filled o-pen-vape carts. Is there a workaround?

I also got another VHit Type B with spare "skillets". That does make a usable dabbing device.

Found a VAPED skillet with a ceramic wick, that works well if you limit the dab to the wick because there's no buildup pool of "claim".

Last edited:
fernand,

kingtut106

I don't use liquid concentrate, but depending on the viscosity it should work well in either since they are both tank designs. I would suggest the aerotank since it has adjustable airflow control over the PT3, the heads are the same along with almost everything else. I thought the aerotank was 510 thread though not ego, but you could always use an adapter...

kingtut106,

2clicker

Observer
the heads are the same along with almost everything else

the heads for the aerotanks are not the same as the PT2 heads. the aerotanks use the new double coil heads as do the PT3s.

so @fernand your miniPT2 coil heads are not the same as your aerotank mini coil heads. the PT2 coil heads will thread into the aerotank, but wont be long enough for use with liquids. also the new coil heads should be better at preventing leaks.

i would use the aerotank mini if i were you.

2clicker

Observer

I'll try and remember to take some measurements when I get home I have a digital caliper I can use to take dimensions with.

ok so the exact measurements are 16mm ID X 1mm width. the link below is for the exact size, but in high temp silicone instead of buna rubber. i am going to be copping a pack so if anyone wants a set let me know and we can all go in on them. these are for igo-w series RDAs.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#5233t25/=s90n4q

215z

Is there a difference between orange silicone o-rings and red silicone o-rings?

215z,

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
ok so the exact measurements are 16mm ID X 1mm width. the link below is for the exact size, but in high temp silicone instead of buna rubber. i am going to be copping a pack so if anyone wants a set let me know and we can all go in on them. these are for igo-w series RDAs.

I'll go in on it with ya, maybe we can find 3 other people and split it 5 ways at 10 pieces per person, we'll have to message about how to transfer money but let's see if we can find some more people

DabComa,
Reactions: 2clicker

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass

I know they are not high temp but fasttech also sells silicone o rings in the size your looking for ... hopefully the durometer of the rings you're looking at is compatible with your Igo. I know if I got rings that were much higher durometer than what I have on the phoenix v6 it would be impossible to get the pieces back together but it also shreds rings pretty quickly.

MileHighLife,
Top Bottom