About NewFC: how we got here and where we hope to go

arb

Semi shaved ape
Guys if you cannot handle even slight criticism without hulabalooing this is gonna be a drag for you.
I noticed posts deleted is all.
Posts not in violation of any tos.
Not illegal or threatening so my question is before I waste the time to post again is,will that keep happening?

rebar,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Guys if you cannot handle even slight criticism without hulabalooing this is gonna be a drag for you.
Not illegal or threatening so my question is before I waste the time to post again is,will that keep happening?
Sorry for jumping on you but if you do 10000% untrue statements that is not considered a criticism. You talk about people you clearly dont have a clue about.. Those guys are paying out of their own pocket to run this forum and being managing the old one for years without being paid,not to mention that for the time being they have to manage both... If i was to say something like that for someone you know and respect,how would you react ?
If you keep posting such content,this will happen again 10000% and you will have hard time to find anyone here to take your side,so it might really be better if you dont waste your time with it.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Please provide details of deleted posts. Where were they? I've examined all the logs and I can't find anything to support this.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Probably.
The recourse, if you feel you have been wronged, is handled privately in this forum. That's the only complaint department.
That's where you might get answers to the kinds of questions you've been asking.

@pakalolo took the time yesterday to spell it all out for you, now you come back after members accusing them of being weak?
I'm sure it's still early enough to get a full refund on your newFC membership fee if you are not completely satisfied.

Summer

Long Island, NY
if you cannot handle even slight criticism without hulabalooing this is gonna

What you have to realize is that this community is a family. There are those we love & those that are black sheep, but we are always a family & we will circle around & support & defend each other to the end.

Inappropriate posts are called out by fellow members & the mods step in when necessary. When nec., warning points are issued which can lead to a thread or complete NFC ban. (Read the rules for proper etiquette). If a thread goes off topic, those posts may be moved to a new thread.

If at any point you feel you are wasting your time, you can always post on Reddit.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I will repeat my request that @rebar provide details of where his posts were deleted. There is nothing in the logs. I've even left his post where he deleted the content—at least for now. There are far easier ways to deal with criticism than deleting content, as anyone who has watched @Stu and me moderate on FC knows. Hiding criticism undermines our credibility. Who needs that?

arb

Semi shaved ape
One post was a link to a seed vendor located in the states.
One post stated mailing hemp seed was legal.
Both in a thread titled"seed exchange".
Never called a member weak.
I regret making any posts on this thread at all and it won't happen again.
A forum is comprised of members of all types many of whom are going to disagree.

rebar,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
One post was a link to a seed vendor located in the states.
One post stated mailing hemp seed was legal.
Both in a thread titled"seed exchange".
Never called a member weak.
I regret making any posts on this thread at all and it won't happen again.
A forum is comprised of members of all types many of whom are going to disagree.

Ah, so it wasn't your posts that were deleted.

We did remove a thread discussing the exchange of seeds. Everyone who posted in the thread should have received a notification explaining why. Arranging an exchange of seeds crosses a line into an area of high risk for the forum. While discussion about growing is fine, our rules have always disallowed discussion of selling or finding contacts, with an exception for dispensaries and other legal sources such as my new dealer the government. (I live in Canada.) We don't specifically mention seeds, but since one of the most famous takedowns in the cannabis world was of Mark Emery (Canadian) for selling seeds, we are not prepared to risk the forum even though legalization has opened things up somewhat.

ginolicious

Ah, so it wasn't your posts that were deleted.

We did remove a thread discussing the exchange of seeds. Everyone who posted in the thread should have received a notification explaining why. Arranging an exchange of seeds crosses a line into an area of high risk for the forum. While discussion about growing is fine, our rules have always disallowed discussion of selling or finding contacts, with an exception for dispensaries and other legal sources such as my new dealer the government. (I live in Canada.) We don't specifically mention seeds, but since one of the most famous takedowns in the cannabis world was of Mark Emery (Canadian) for selling seeds, we are not prepared to risk the forum even though legalization has opened things up somewhat.

I completely agree with this. I was one of those people who had 3-4 posts removed. It made sense. I didn’t get my knickers in a not about it. I was more confused on why I had a million notifications when I logged in. Also this is a vape forum after all. They are kind enough to add cultivation.

Seeds are a sketch topic in general. Canada you can grow and it’s legal. But the seeds or clones need to come from the licensed producers. You cannot go get seeds from a seedbank or a specific breeder as that is illegal.

JCat

Accessory Maker
But the seeds or clones need to come from the licensed producers.
That’s not quite accurate as everyone in Canada can grow and thus can produce clones and seeds; and those clones and seeds can be gifted to anyone else in Canada and can even be shipped Canada Post.

For purchasing you are 100% correct though :)

I also am ok with my posts in that thread and that thread being removed of course; it’s 100% up to our fine moderators and I definitely understand mitigating any risk :)

ginolicious

That’s not quite accurate as everyone in Canada can grow and thus can produce clones and seeds; and those clones and seeds can be gifted to anyone else in Canada and can even be shipped Canada Post.

For purchasing you are 100% correct though :)

I also am ok with my posts in that thread and that thread being removed of course; it’s 100% up to our fine moderators and I definitely understand mitigating any risk :)

It’s hard to prove. If I’m growing a plant. Cops walk in. Real hard to tell if it’s grown from an LP seed or not. Same thing with the whole law about the pot must be in an approved container from an LP. Well if I grew it myself. It won’t be in one. It’ll be in a ziplock. So you can’t assume it was purchase from grey market if I’m the grower. Won a few trials with that argument in court

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hi folks. :wave:

It's great to see so many familiar faces. Of the handful of communities on the internet this is easily my favorite and feels like home. It's been far too long and there's no excuse. I let personal struggles get me down and neglected some of the most important things in my life. It felt impossible to get out of a hole and I was ashamed to come back here. Sounds ridiculous I know.

Speaking with pakalolo and Stu today was illuminating for me. Two of the best. It's exciting to be back and I hope to be a positive part of the community. :)

Vaporware

Hi folks. :wave:

It's great to see so many familiar faces. Of the handful of communities on the internet this is easily my favorite and feels like home. It's been far too long and there's no excuse. I let personal struggles get me down and neglected some of the most important things in my life. It felt impossible to get out of a hole and I was ashamed to come back here. Sounds ridiculous I know.

Speaking with pakalolo and Stu today was illuminating for me. Two of the best. It's exciting to be back and I hope to be a positive part of the community. :)

Good to see you! I’ve read some of your posts but I don’t think I got a chance to talk to you before, so I’m looking forward to having you around. :)

I think we’re all curious though; did the three of you made any decisions about how FC/NewFC will move forward?

There are some nice updates here and I appreciate @Stu and @pakalolo setting it up, but if we have the opportunity to keep the domain and all of the years of content on the original site I’d vote to update that site and keep it running, or at worst archive it all as a sub-forum or in a sub-directory or sub-domain and just make fuckcombustion.com the main domain for this new forum.

Maybe I’m missing something that would change my mind and I don’t mean to put a lot of pressure on you guys, but when you’ve all decided what you want to do please let us know. :)

Top Bottom