About NewFC: how we got here and where we hope to go

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If you want to compare back stories, please do so via PM. This is not the place for it.

I strongly disagree with your sentiments above and I'll just leave it at that. Feel free to PM me to discuss further if you wish.

Pak and I are thrilled to have vtac back and the three of us will figure out the best way forward to make this community better than ever and we are excited about the future of FC.

:peace:

Absolutely agree. I was writing a similar post but you beat me to it. This is an inappropriate topic under any circumstances, no matter who the subject is.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Did you guys create a thread for questions or comments on the mechanics of the Xenforo software and it's implementation?

This is probably not the right thread for it.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
To me, it's just like a Deus ex machina solution. In literature, it's a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem in a story is suddenly and abruptly resolved by an unexpected and unlikely occurrence. Its function can be to resolve an otherwise irresolvable plot situation, to surprise the audience, to bring the tale to a happy ending, or act as a comedic device.

And the FC community lived happily ever after.

Summer

Long Island, NY
As far as page #s are concerned, in portrait mode regardless of small, reg. or large font, the only option of moving between page #s is going to the previous or next page or going to the 1st or last page using the arrow buttons. Only when using the small font in landscape mode can you move between individual pages which is a pain switching fonts back & forth. Maybe there's a way to add a Go to Page (#) option?

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hi folks. :wave:

It's great to see so many familiar faces. Of the handful of communities on the internet this is easily my favorite and feels like home. It's been far too long and there's no excuse. I let personal struggles get me down and neglected some of the most important things in my life. It felt impossible to get out of a hole and I was ashamed to come back here. Sounds ridiculous I know.

Speaking with pakalolo and Stu today was illuminating for me. Two of the best. It's exciting to be back and I hope to be a positive part of the community. :)
Hey @vtac ,

Welcome back and great to see you! Hope things are going a little better these days! Life sure can be difficult at times ... and sometimes even the things we love to do seem almost impossible when were at our lowest.

Vaporware

I'm not quite as understanding and sympathetic. Any of us of with almost any significant length of life have gone through very difficult times and personal crises.

None the less, its a key aspect of being an adult to NOT cut and run on your obligations and responsibilities, which I believe @vtac has done more than once.

A key aspect of being an adult is showing up whether you feel like it or not.

The fact is he hung his staff, and the community that is the ONLY thing of any real value on FC, out to dry. I don't believe that he couldn't once pick up a phone, or get online in all of these months, and give his staff the passwords or permissions needed for them actually admin the site in his absence.

Just the way I see it and yes, I am currently very sensitive to this as its lot like another recent occurrence with another vape board owner.

As a final note, I have had in my life multiple periods of real acute clinical depression and when I'm not there then I'm in dysthymia which means I generally run a quart low. No, its not fun at all and yes, it can be brutal......but nonetheless....my obligations and responsibilities still demanded that I show up....and I'm not special, paticularly brave, or strong of character. This happens in in the lives of regular run of the mill people all of the time. The only question is how are you going to handle it.

Half the forum responded before I got around to submitting this, but I guess I’ll say it anyway... :rolleyes:

I get the frustration and have shared some of it over the last couple of years. I’m assuming that at this point other site staff has the info necessary to keep it running and that it doesn’t depend entirely on one person anymore, so I think the best thing to do is put the past behind us and move on in a positive direction with a soon to be stabilized base for the community.

I have plenty of issues of my own and while I have tried not to disappear or let people down, like most people I haven’t always been successful and I can’t expect anyone else to be perfect on that front either. Not having been around in a long time, this was clearly not his focus and I’m sure there were plenty of other things he’s had to show up for that we’re not aware of.

If he came back and didn’t bother trying to fix the problems we’ve been having and kept it all relying on him I’d also be annoyed, but as things stand I’m ready to get beyond past problems and try to move forward in a positive way.

I’m sure it was very frustrating to have that other forum suddenly pulled out from under you and the fate of this forum has been a worrying issue for a while now, but I think we’re going to be okay now. :)

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Great news!! You made a hard afternoon much better for me!!! @vtac man welcome again!! I dont know you but i was genuinely concerned about you and I am happy to see things resolve in a civilized and peaceful way. I am 100% sure whatever happens next will be the best possible solution, if i can help in any way please send me a pm!.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I get the frustration [...]

Me too, one of the first things that concerned me after I registered was the security fc offered (< 0), being a web developer and sysadmin I had a hard time accepting that someone could abandon a project and a community like this. But now that he's back I totally appreciate the potential to restart FC while keeping the content we produced so far – that's just so cool! I just don't feel like looking down at @vtac at all; he started all this, now he's back, we as a community have learned a lesson, so let's move forward.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@vtac - I've never had the pleasure of meeting you or being part of FC with you around ...... but I recently had the pleasure of meeting Stu and Pak in a video session and the way they spoke about you made it clear that they have known you for awhile, that you are a good guy and that you must have had your reasons.

One of the "feels" that I got from the way Stu and Pak spoke about you was that the "Nice" atmosphere I've come to know and love about FC and NFC had a lot to do with you so...... regardless of the reason for your scarcity..............................THANK YOU and WELCOME BACK!!!!

Thanks again to @Stu and @pakalolo .... the place was in great hands and loyalty like yours is hard to come buy.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
✌️ ❤️ 💨 I don't know what happened in the past and I don't need to know. Life challenges us in different ways and we all react to things differently. If anyone has the right to hurt feelings it stu and pak, if they want to welcome him back than I to echo the sentiments. While I don't think the past should not be forgotten I think it's important not to live in it if you want to be present in the here and now and be able to move forward into the future. As for what site to use, corporate sponsors, rules and everything else I leave to decisions up to our very capable mods and I'm just happy to be part of the community.
And @Baron23 please don't go spouting off that old bs about yourself from everything I know about you your moral fortitude and strength of character are herculean and your a man of high standards, have a little pity on us who haven't as abely overcome life's obstacles lol

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I am so happy to know that @vtac is well and wants to be part of the community again. I am also relieved that the information on the old FC will not be lost to the ages. That info is so helpful to so many and its loss was unthinkable. I look forward to a bright future for the FC.

BTW, I love how you no longer have to scroll to the top of the page to view your alerts.

Time for a sweet dynavap bowl outside in the sunshine. This one's for all the mods. :wave:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Hey. I looked around and didn't see one, and I had a question/request and expected it would get lost in here.

Well if my recent post doesn't get answered in a couple of days, I repost there, & include 2 other questions that didn't get answered from days ago. Then I think I'll be done with having questions.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Welcome back @vtac! I know I have gone through similar periods in my life, even recently, and I offer no judgement. It is too easy to judge someone without knowing their situation, true strength is found in forgiveness and moving forward. This situation has certainly caused some anxiety for me and probably the community at large, the important thing is that I feel it has strengthened us and rekindled our spirit, which is a testament to the community that @vtac created in the first place. Thank you sincerely for planting this seed and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help! :peace: :leaf:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
It's not that I don't like changes.... but I don't like changes!

Can we all move back to the old safe hole now? :>
Ahahha made my day ! Always in great in spirit ,you we're missed,dude :p !
I am also +1 to getting the old SAFE hole fixed..We can leave all the disturbing sections on the NFC,and be chill worldwide :D :D :D !

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Well if my recent post doesn't get answered in a couple of days, I repost there, & include 2 other questions that didn't get answered from days ago. Then I think I'll be done with having questions.

I'm not sure which questions you mean, but we've been a bit swamped and I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one whose questions have been overlooked. I know I've gotten a few requests and/or suggestions that I've put on the shelf until we sort out the future. I've tried to respond to them but I'm sure I missed some.

so does that mean we get to use the old site and I can keep my hard earned trophy points and pixel likes? :D

We kind of crippled the old site quite a bit as we tried to make the transition here since the assumption was that we would not be able to rely on it for much longer. If you want to use OG FC, go for it, but remember that while we're no longer closing threads, we're not re-opening any either.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I do hope that things to evolve back to just one site, hopefully NFC for the added security it offers all users.

I LOVE WHAT YOU ALL ARE DOING! This is not going to happen overnight. You have a completely engaged set of contributors to these forums, let us know how we can help make your job easier!

RedBeard

The fact vtac was instantly embraced and made admin here makes me love this community more. That's an instant positive move. That's understanding that people deal with things different, life is fuckin complex, and being negative or questioning motives gets you nowhere. Well, it gets you a spiteful paranoid existence, and who the fuck wants that.

Welcome back @vtac

Onwards and upwards!

Top Bottom