About NewFC: how we got here and where we hope to go

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hi folks. :wave:

It's great to see so many familiar faces. Of the handful of communities on the internet this is easily my favorite and feels like home. It's been far too long and there's no excuse. I let personal struggles get me down and neglected some of the most important things in my life. It felt impossible to get out of a hole and I was ashamed to come back here. Sounds ridiculous I know.

Speaking with pakalolo and Stu today was illuminating for me. Two of the best. It's exciting to be back and I hope to be a positive part of the community. :)
The maaaaaaaaaaaaaan is back !!! OMG ! Welcome back vtac ,you've been missed!!!! I was trying to reach you via telekenesis for some time !Even had a prophetic dream not long ago,that this will happen.Haha someone even assured me that you you always come at the last moment to save the day :)) !
It's so weird commenting here now, after everyone left.
So are fixing the old hole back or what ? :D So much happened to me too,including a dental surgery involving a small bone implant and i had to quit vaping for 6 months.There were a lot of times that i wouldnt even open FC for weeks .I was locked into my world of trouble..,but after a while i realised that it was a great mistake,cause i am a kind of a hermit and didnt realize how helpful and supportive this community can be.It is also a great distraction from the daily horrors and already feels better than home. It might seem really out of logic that you have been in a hole once that you are out,but i do know what it is. There is not place for logic when you are in the pit.... The most import thing is that you are back with us ! Gonna do a rotation of all my vapes to celebrate this memorable day :) ! Cheers everyone !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Hi folks. :wave:

It's great to see so many familiar faces. Of the handful of communities on the internet this is easily my favorite and feels like home. It's been far too long and there's no excuse. I let personal struggles get me down and neglected some of the most important things in my life. It felt impossible to get out of a hole and I was ashamed to come back here. Sounds ridiculous I know.

Speaking with pakalolo and Stu today was illuminating for me. Two of the best. It's exciting to be back and I hope to be a positive part of the community. :)

Glad to see you here!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
In case you haven't noticed, we have added a third administrator. Please welcome the return of the Founder, @vtac.

@Stu, @vtac, and I had a long and rewarding chat yesterday but we did not work out what to do next. We really didn't talk much about that at all, but clearly it's something we'll discuss in depth ASAP. I don't know what solution we'll come up with but I ask everyone to please be patient. We will let you know as soon as we figure it out ourselves.

The most important thing is that now we know @vtac is safe. Almost as important, we know he's as eager as we are to preserve what he started. We no longer need to worry that OG FC would be lost, and we now have the access needed to fix things. Stand by for further developments.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice to meet you. I've heard good things.
Don't believe everything you hear. Seriously I'm just someone who happened to be here early on. This community grew organically and I'm honored to be a part of it.

Thank you everyone for all the very kind and thoughtful messages and PMs. I know there are a lot of questions, requests etc. As @pakalolo said we're working on it. Thank you for hanging in there. It might be impossible to please everyone, however you can rest assured that we all want what's best for the community and will let that be the guide.

So does this @vtac guy even vape?
Not nearly enough lately!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It felt impossible to get out of a hole and I was ashamed to come back here. Sounds ridiculous I know.

Not at all, sounds very familiar in fact :/

But welcome back :) Hopefully that shame is now off your back and you feel a little lighter :)

Question for all...

Is there a way to combine the two forums? And then just have both domains pointing to the one forum?

Baron23

I'm not quite as understanding and sympathetic. Any of us of with almost any significant length of life have gone through very difficult times and personal crises.

None the less, its a key aspect of being an adult to NOT cut and run on your obligations and responsibilities, which I believe @vtac has done more than once.

A key aspect of being an adult is showing up whether you feel like it or not.

The fact is he hung his staff, and the community that is the ONLY thing of any real value on FC, out to dry. I don't believe that he couldn't once pick up a phone, or get online in all of these months, and give his staff the passwords or permissions needed for them actually admin the site in his absence.

Just the way I see it and yes, I am currently very sensitive to this as its lot like another recent occurrence with another vape board owner.

As a final note, I have had in my life multiple periods of real acute clinical depression and when I'm not there then I'm in dysthymia which means I generally run a quart low. No, its not fun at all and yes, it can be brutal......but nonetheless....my obligations and responsibilities still demanded that I show up....and I'm not special, paticularly brave, or strong of character. This happens in in the lives of regular run of the mill people all of the time. The only question is how are you going to handle it.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'm not quite as understanding and sympathetic. Any of us of with almost any significant length of life have gone through very difficult times and personal crises.

None the less, its a key aspect of being an adult to NOT cut and run on your obligations and responsibilities, which I believe @vtac has done more than once.

A key aspect of being an adult is showing up whether you feel like it or not.

The fact is he hung his staff, and the community that is the ONLY thing of any real value on FC, out to dry. I don't believe that he couldn't once pick up a phone, or get online in all of these months, and give his staff the passwords or permissions needed for them actually admin the site in his absence.

Just the way I see it and yes, I am currently very sensitive to this as its lot like another recent occurrence with another vape board owner.

As a final note, I have had in my life multiple periods of real acute clinical depression and when I'm not there then I'm in dysthymia which means I generally run a quart low. No, its not fun at all and yes, it can be brutal......but nonetheless....my obligations and responsibilities still demanded that I show up....and I'm not special, paticularly brave, or strong of character. This happens in in the lives of regular run of the mill people all of the time. The only question is how are you going to handle it.

Classic example of mistaking your experience of problems and how you were able to deal with it, with how other people 'should' have behaved under what you deem similar circumstances.

Not in any way how the world or humans actually work. No one can go back in time. And you dont have any of the information or the full story. Nor are you owed it.

Be nice.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I bet I got more of the back story than you do.
If you want to compare back stories, please do so via PM. This is not the place for it.

I strongly disagree with your sentiments above and I'll just leave it at that. Feel free to PM me to discuss further if you wish.

Pak and I are thrilled to have vtac back and the three of us will figure out the best way forward to make this community better than ever and we are excited about the future of FC.

:peace:

Top Bottom