About NewFC: how we got here and where we hope to go

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Can the page count/location be added to the top of each page as well as the bottom?
I'm not sure what you mean. Could you show me with a screen shot?
I’ve noticed the same thing on my phone. In addition, the page count at the bottom used to have more options. I have a pretty wide phone and had to drop the text size down to 50% to see the page count like it was on old FC. I don’t think a wider phone would work, we’re talking tablet territory here. I understand I can rotate my phone but that wasn’t necessary before. If there is no other way to achieve this could we possibly have a smaller text user style available in addition to the larger text, for more of a “legacy” feel? If not it’s a small sacrifice to pay, thanks for putting in the hard work to reestablish this community :rockon:

Top:
32ogCRT.jpg

Bottom:
jMRusMt.jpg

Top:
R7sk4K6.jpg

Bottom:
evdy1gt.jpg

75%:
XIIR7yo.jpg

50%:
jRDTs9n.jpg

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Here's what I don't understand:

1. What's the lightning bolt on the header next to the alert bell icon?

2. What does summarizing in setting alert preferences mean? And greater than?

"Alerts page skips summarizing - Viewing the alerts page will not summarize alerts

Summarize similar alerts with numbers greater than ..." ( the default is set to 4).

3. What is the eye(?) icon next to Forum threads listings? I know it's not to signify they are threads I'm watching since I'm not watching many that have the eye.

Summer,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Summer

1. The lightning bolt stands for „New posts“
2. um... um... beats me.
3. That's weird because that's exactly what the eye icon seems to indicate for me. You'll find a list of watched threads here → https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?watched/threads Maybe taking a look at your settings at „Preferences” → „Content options“ will help.

I'm so happy to see NewFC grow so quickly. Great job!

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
2. What does summarizing in setting alert preferences mean? And greater than?

"Alerts page skips summarizing - Viewing the alerts page will not summarize alerts

Summarize similar alerts with numbers greater than ..." ( the default is set to 4).
That's so that if you don't want to get notified 10 times that ten different people liked a post of yours, you can opt for a single summary instead.

Regarding your question about the sticker thread, things have changed (obviously) and I already have some ideas so don't really need more input right now. Stay tuned...

:peace:

Summer

Long Island, NY
OK, so as I understand it, the lightning bolt represents the new posts for all threads because I'm seeing threads I don't watch.

Nope, the eye icon is being shown on threads I'm not watching. (100% sure, checked my thread watch settings at top of these threads & preferences as you (@Siebter) suggested & the they do not appear in my watch list that you linked.) Some of these threads I've never even opened to read.

Summer,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Is something going wrong with the Old FC, I wanted to reply to a conversation I had and when I tried to sign in I got a message which told me I was banned for rules violations but I can't log out also (If I close it and re-open I got the same error page), strange cause I don't remenber I posted anything hurting...

TopGreenRep,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I dont i was seeing the members online field before. Thanks for adding so much of the old stuff to make us feel at home, i am really starting to appreciate the new thingies ,too. I have been clicking that lighting since day one,haha !
----------
Is there any way to insert instagram videos without the comments,or at least make them appear to the left and not in the middle ? BEAM FLAMELESS TORCH™ by Mr.Hotbox
Also noticed that the post number is now at the top,compared to the bottom on oldFC,but definetly will quickly adjust to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abysmal Vapor,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I’ve noticed the same thing on my phone. In addition, the page count at the bottom used to have more options. I have a pretty wide phone and had to drop the text size down to 50% to see the page count like it was on old FC. I don’t think a wider phone would work, we’re talking tablet territory here. I understand I can rotate my phone but that wasn’t necessary before. If there is no other way to achieve this could we possibly have a smaller text user style available in addition to the larger text, for more of a “legacy” feel? If not it’s a small sacrifice to pay, thanks for putting in the hard work to reestablish this community :rockon:

Top:
32ogCRT.jpg

Bottom:
jMRusMt.jpg

Top:
R7sk4K6.jpg

Bottom:
evdy1gt.jpg

75%:
XIIR7yo.jpg

50%:
jRDTs9n.jpg

All of the options aside from the post number are still there. I am not inclined to move the post number back to the bottom line because adding the membername and post timestamp has increased the length of that line already. People with phones will start to complain. ;)

I added new styles with smaller elements. Try one and let me know if you have problems.

Abysmal Vapor

Yours is nuts lol I only now finally realized who you are, just Abysmal ;)
Haha ,thank you ,i was in the mood and aimed at something hurtful to the brain. I laughed a bit when i saw @Lazylathe post about new users names ,but i must admit it is not as funny as you have to type it in order to login.. I confess that i have it saved for that purpose and here is me living with my choices ! Anyway my special grammar and cat avatars would have gave me away pretty quick. I could only imagine the mess if everyone decides to do something like that ,lol..

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@pakalolo Thank you so much for taking the time to make an extra style and indulging my request! :tup:

Unfortunately that did not solve the issue of the page numbers being visible. Just to be clear I don’t mind if the post count is located on the top or bottom of a user’s post, I was talking about the page numbers being accessible at the top of each page. It’s no big deal, I figured it was a long shot. There are so many other enhancements and improvements to New FC, it’s a joy to use, thanks again to the staff for your hard work!

Abysmal Vapor

@pakalolo Thank you so much for taking the time to make an extra style and indulging my request! :tup:

Unfortunately that did not solve the issue of the page numbers being visible. Just to be clear I don’t mind if the post count is located on the top or bottom of a user’s post, I was talking about the page numbers being accessible at the top of each page. It’s no big deal, I figured it was a long shot. There are so many other enhancements and improvements to New FC, it’s a joy to use, thanks again to the staff for your hard work!
They are accessible at least on my screen both up and down,maybe pak fixed it meanwhile ?

Abysmal Vapor,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yours is nuts lol I only now finally realized who you are, just Abysmal ;)
Thank you! I could tell it was an old member - but couldn’t figure out who.
I gotta say Abysmal, you made it very hard to tag you! @/\β'/5/\/\ɐ|_ \//\|0[ ]® (I finally gave up trying to find the 3rd character and just copied it.- hopefully it worked)

Edit: nope, didn’t work... trying again @/\β'/5/\/\ɐ|_ \//\|0[ ]®

ginolicious

Or were you j
Haha ,thank you ,i was in the mood and aimed at something hurtful to the brain. I laughed a bit when i saw @Lazylathe post about new users names ,but i must admit it is not as funny as you have to type it in order to login.. I confess that i have it saved for that purpose and here is me living with my choices ! Anyway my special grammar and cat avatars would have gave me away pretty quick. I could only imagine the mess if everyone decides to do something like that ,lol..

Or were you just very high? lol.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

If you regret that decision (as I certainly do) then we can change it for you. Let me know.

Abysmal Vapor

@pakalolo Thanks for offering me a way out of it,if it ruins my peace down the line ,i would take that offer ,but for now it is fine :)).. I will take it as a training in embracing new things,which in the end may proove to be just a lesson in overcomming my stubborness,lol..
Out of that topic ,i am wondering if there is really a sense in transfering all of the threads about discontinued vaporizers without live user base and such will very little user report ..
I was thinking into re-doing the Obscure and Obsolete vaporizers thread and just mention them there and link to the old FC. which It was one of my all time favorites and regret very much for that the photo hosts expired ,i would take pleasure in trying to rebuild it thats for sure. I have also thoughts of just transforming it into a vaporizer history thread where we can mention all those fallen with or without glory :).
Another thing i like how the thread about Cera products got generalized into one legacy thread,maybe we can do the same for Vaporblunt and maybe also for the Vapolution series ? What do you think ? Imo there is sense in transfering single model threads maybe for those that still have live user base,but not very much in others.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@pakalolo Thanks for offering me a way out of it,if it ruins my peace down the line ,i would take that offer ,but for now it is fine :)).. I will take it as a training in embracing new things,which in the end may proove to be just a lesson in overcomming my stubborness,lol..
Out of that topic ,i am wondering if there is really a sense in transfering all of the threads about discontinued vaporizers without live user base and such will very little user report ..
I was thinking into re-doing the Obscure and Obsolete vaporizers thread and just mention them there and link to the old FC. which It was one of my all time favorites and regret very much for that the photo hosts expired ,i would take pleasure in trying to rebuild it thats for sure. I have also thoughts of just transforming it into a vaporizer history thread where we can mention all those fallen with or without glory :).
Another thing i like how the thread about Cera products got generalized into one legacy thread,maybe we can do the same for Vaporblunt and maybe also for the Vapolution series ? What do you think ? Imo there is sense in transfering single model threads maybe for those that still have live user base,but not very much in others.

Yeah that was my decision about thermovape, I've been pushing it for most vapes where it makes sense, since RBT kicked us off doing it with his own. I moved the bigger ones that I was active in, but there are some smaller ones that I didn't feel like are worth it (ie noochie)... I was thinking maybe we should have a new community thread to discuss what products threads are missing, some waiting for manufacturers or some members confused about how to set up the threads? And to decide which ones can be consolidated, and how to name them? I mean I know how I feel!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Consolidating threads makes sense in most cases. There are exceptions, such as the Arizer Solo/Solo II. They're both still sold and they are sufficiently different that I didn't see a reason why the threads should be consolidated. I'm not sure we can make a rule that applies in all cases. Common sense should be your guide, and if there are doubts, ask first.

Yeah that was my decision about thermovape, I've been pushing it for most vapes where it makes sense, since RBT kicked us off doing it with his own. I moved the bigger ones that I was active in, but there are some smaller ones that I didn't feel like are worth it (ie noochie)... I was thinking maybe we should have a new community thread to discuss what products threads are missing, some waiting for manufacturers or some members confused about how to set up the threads? And to decide which ones can be consolidated, and how to name them? I mean I know how I feel!

A separate thread for discussing these issues is probably a good idea.

Here you go: Moving threads from FC

Top Bottom