710 coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
Here are some side by side shots of the standard and deep dish bangers. Along with slit inserts in them to reference how deep they sit in the bangers

The slit inserts sit right under the neck hole on the deep dish and almost dead center on the standard version. I personally like them DEEP =P

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

The hair on the side of the banger is for size reference :razz:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@LabPong I had to break my lightbox down and had forgotten what having 2 cats can do for pictures :doh:
It did make me really appreciate my lightbox and today I am finding a spot to set it back up =)

@strech That thing looks like a small planet in there :razz: Bet it holds the heat forever when combined with that insert =)

Time for me to handcuff myself to the line and start working =P

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!

Shane

strech

I'll grab a picture of the 6mm in there. That insert is short. It sits about the same spot as the insert above in the deep but in the short. In the deep is well below the hole a couple mm.

Edited to add.

Is the cap supposed to whistle? Wife is very turned off by it.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@710Coils
Are there taller clear non-slitted quartz inserts for deep dish bangers, Shane? I guess I only have the opaque slitted ones to compare and the non-slitted clear ones are a good bit shorter than those.... are only the slitted ones tall?

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Bologna I am going to get some non slit inserts made taller, just for the deep dish bangers. They will most likely get completed after the new year =)
Non slit are typically shorter than the slit version since they are supposed to sit below the neck hole

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!

Shane

strech

What are the advantages or disadvantage of insert height? Does it matter if in a deep dish? Short tall Idk let's fucking try em all!

strech,
Reactions: 710Coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@strech There is no real advantage to a taller insert in a deep dish banger, beyond keeping the concentrates contained. Most have some splash over if loaded too much. I will get some deep dish version inserts made after the holidays are over.
just ordered new mood mats with updated art =)

Shane

710Coils,
Reactions: LabPong

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
There is no real advantage to a taller insert in a deep dish banger, beyond keeping the concentrates contained. Most have some splash over if loaded too much. I will get some deep dish version inserts made after the holidays are over.
just ordered new mood mats with updated art =)

Shane
Pardon me @710Coils, but I beg to differ, my rather bad eyes and I find that the taller inserts are quite a bit easier to fish out of the deeeep dish (splashguard are easy tho)...

operation-a-battery-operated-board-game-initially-produced-by-milton-bradley-and-now-made-by-hasbro-MF34F7.jpg

Looking forward to a complete complement of inserts designed specifically for deeeep dish....!

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just noticed a pic of a new deep dish coil that has me concerned about the quality of the new items,
1607914500800.png
It looks a lot like my DNail flat coil, down to the kevlar colour and heatshrink to cover the crimp that looks like it was done with pliers compared to my old 710coil version coil, the old 710coil crimp looks a lot better than the new design or the DNail,
1607859034247.jpg
1607914834970.jpg
The Dnail has a single crip on each side almost like an automotive hose clamp done with pliers whereas Shanes old version looks like a hydraulic multi-point crimp, my Dnail is also fraying at this junction.

710Coils

Manufacturer
I was trying out a different manufacturer and they had some minor differences. The sheath is just the standard style all coil manufacturers offer. But I am planning on going back to my old manufacturer so if you wait a month or so I will have those back in stock =)

Regardless of manufacturer, I stand behind my gear and if anyone has any issues, all they need to do is shoot me a direct message and I will get things sorted =)

Shane

cloudblower

My spatial reasoning is off I believe. On US Thanksgiving weekend I ordered a setup with 25mm Opaque Deep Dish Thick bottom banger with a 45 degree angle. I am going to be using it with this piece (more pictures of it at the link):

Will this work or should I have ordered the 90 degree elbow? I'm leaning toward me screwing up.

Also, is an inline tube even optimal or nominal to use with an enail? It works well with my E-nano (with a straight Joda 14mm stem). I'm completely new to enails; hell, I just am beginning to understand what ball caps are used for. ;) So please excuse my novice questions.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
My spatial reasoning is off I believe. On US Thanksgiving weekend I ordered a setup with 25mm Opaque Deep Dish Thick bottom banger with a 45 degree angle. I am going to be using it with this piece (more pictures of it at the link):

Will this work or should I have ordered the 90 degree elbow? I'm leaning toward me screwing up.

Also, is an inline tube even optimal or nominal to use with an enail? It works well with my E-nano (with a straight Joda 14mm stem). I'm completely new to enails; hell, I just am beginning to understand what ball caps are used for. ;) So please excuse my novice questions.
Nope, you're good, the 45 degree banger should be fine. As for the bong/bubbler...? Personal preference. I prefer small handheld bubblers and "sipping"... rather than milking a big tube. Here's an idea... try both!

Good luck and enjoy!
:peace:

Edit: Sorry, I just read the description... "slight angle"....? so you can lean back with it? If that angle is 45 the you're good with your banger and the piece stationary... otherwise, using a 90 you're gonna have to tip it to keep it level, which is def something to consider, especially if you want to spin pearls etc. A level banger is good.

Last edited:

cloudblower

Groovy. Thank you both.

Now I just get to continue being patient with USPS in the time of the covids.

Nope, you're good, the 45 degree banger should be fine. As for the bong/bubbler...? Personal preference. I prefer small handheld bubblers and "sipping"... rather than milking a big tube. Here's an idea... try both!

Good luck and enjoy!
:peace:

Edit: Sorry, I just read the description... "slight angle"....? so you can lean back with it? If that angle is 45 the you're good with your banger and the piece stationary... otherwise, using a 90 you're gonna have to tip it to keep it level, which is def something to consider, especially if you want to spin pearls etc. A level banger is good.

Using a protractor app, I learned that it's 22°ish. This is not boding well for this working.

I don't think the 90° would work either though.

strech

That looks similar to one of mine. Neither fit great but the 90 I prefer.

Please excuse the mess I wasn't planning on taking pictures!:lol:

Edited to add. The 45 you have to lean the rig forward with the 90 you lean it back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom