• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

710 coils

blackstone

. am I missing anything else for a great first time experience with an e-nail rig...? What do you recommend?
All I can think of is something to rest your dab tool on to keep the sticky end from touching surfaces! I use upturned Volcano bowls sometimes. I use the reducer bowl to hold the ball cap too but there are proper products for this.
I also keep a mini spray bottle of water around to wet qtips but apparently not everybody wets them.
Best of luck for Monday!
Usually if I'm going to be doing a few dabs back to back I'll just leave in my sic insert. Without an insert you would have to wait for the banger to cool down each time.
Is that so you could fully clean it between each dab, to reduce deposits?
And could you leave a ruby insert in like that too, I heard they don't really stain?
Thank you.

strech

I usually switch to the sic because it hides the dirty better and I'm an out of site out of mind kinda of dirty. On the sapphire it sours quicker even more so when your stoned and careless on the after dab clean up. Usually 10-20 dabs before it's to dirty for me. A soak in some dark crystal and good as new.

I keep a ruby purl in my sic insert. It dirties up but cleans up easy with a soak in some dark crystal. I don't have a ruby insert so can not advise on it.

I keep 4 inserts in rotation. 2 sic and 2 sapphire. A plastic shot glass with lid makes for a cheap and easy clean up bucket. Think cheap disposal jello shot cups. I like to keep two shot cups one with dark crystal and the other with ISO. Iso cleans up sticky tools and carb caps quick an easy. For stubbornness apply a bit of heat then iso wipe. I'm rambling now.

Last edited:

blackstone

Ah I see, thanks. I often used to mistakenly think of sic as a clear material but of course it's not, that must've been quartz.
I was also thinking of trying some clear inserts from the 710Coils site, maybe they are quartz too or Boro.
They could even possibly be put in a dishwasher or hit with a torch to clean, while I wouldn't do that with the banger itself.
And about the cooling down between each dab without an insert, is that the key to reducing deposits? Is it a deep or light clean needed each time?
Or maybe you were just talking about cold starts!?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
SiC is basically ceramic, no? Just dark and able withstand higher heat than traditional ceramics...? I was wondering about torching the quartz (boro is the same thing?) inserts, too, bad idea?

Edit: SiC terp pearls, yay or nay? (I like that they're already dark)...

Last edited:

strech

They could even possibly be put in a dishwasher or hit with a torch to clean, while I wouldn't do that with the banger itself.
I'm not sure about the dishwasher. As far as heat cleaning the banger I do it. Trick is to not over heat it to where it starts to chazz. I find torch cleaning the banger usually the quickest way to take care of it. With my use it usually every other day.
about the cooling down between each dab without an insert, is that the key to reducing deposits? Is it a deep or light clean needed each time?
Or maybe you were just talking about cold starts!?
I only let my banger cool down if I'm leaving the house or going to bed. Otherwise it's set to temp at the ready.

My cleaning is a qtip or 2 wipe after each hit. You can see the mess usually that needs cleaning after your dab. I start each day with 2 clean inserts. At the end of the day they go into a dark crystal soak and my back up pair comes out and is ready to go the next morning. I usually do a iso wash of my rig each morning. On the weekends or days I don't work I might do this again in the afternoon depending on how dirty things get and if it's effects taste or harshness of hit. Personally when my rig and stuff gets to dirty the hits become more harsh and makes me cough lots more. Once I get to that point it's always time for a clean.

Herkua

Hey guys, I assume most people who do use the inserts just leave their enail on while doing so, since it's replicating a cold start dab essentially do you need to increase the desired temps or does it just soak the insert in heat relatively quickly?

I can't wait to pick up a deep banger and all the goodies on black Friday sales, Cheers!

strech

Hey guys, I assume most people who do use the inserts just leave their enail on while doing so, since it's replicating a cold start dab essentially do you need to increase the desired temps or does it just soak the insert in heat relatively quickly?

I can't wait to pick up a deep banger and all the goodies on black Friday sales, Cheers!
I keep the heat around 460 on my controller. Once I drop the insert in takes 30-50 seconds to heat up the insert enough to start pulling.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How/why do they break?
Thermal shock, not as easily as ruby pearls but dropping them from 999f (auto clean on my Halo) into my ultrasonic cleaner has popped 1x SiC pearl so far (and about 6 rubies) that really is being ham-fisted but that is how it goes sometimes.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Sucks when you get notified that all your glorious high quality shit has been sitting in some distribution center less than 10 miles away since 3:08AM on a Sunday and it won't get delivered until as late as 9:00PM on Monday... :doh:

Yeah, of course, forgot about the dreaded thermal shock, @LesPlenty, haven't experienced that yet (since vaping), thankfully, but I hear ya, one thing you can rely on is shit happening... :brow:

Last edited:

strech

sucks when you get notified that all your glorious high quality shit has been sitting in some distribution center less than 10 miles away since 3:08AM on a Sunday and it won't get delivered until as late as 9:00PM on Monday... :doh:

yeah, of course, forgot about the dreaded thermal shock, @LesPlenty, haven't experienced that yet (since vaping), thankfully, but I hear ya, one thing you can rely on is shit happening... :brow:
Wait till your told it's out for delivery then your mailman gets lazy and never brings it till the next day.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I grabbed an Auber controller and a 710coils 25mm deep dish coil on Reddit for $100. F-yeah. I grabbed everything else I needed from 710coils. Banger, inserts, carb, coil clips. My only e-banger experience has been with NewVapes DCup which has been an awesome experience. I’m looking forward to joining this club.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I was feeling kinda worried about the stability of the SP mini-globe with the 710 setup... just ordered a Dew Drop from @PuffItUp... $40 delivered? Can't beat that domestic.... would've ordered a drop down, preferably with an inline reclaim catcher and some sick clips, but alas they had no such items...

On my way to Maine to restock should be home by 3... my stuff will be delivered sometime between "12:45-4:45"... 🙄

Enjoy your day everyone!

Edit: update: by 6:30PM now... grrrr

Last edited:

PuffItUp

Retailer
I was feeling kinda worried about the stability of the SP mini-globe with the 710 setup... just ordered a Dew Drop from @PuffItUp... $40 delivered? Can't beat that domestic.... would've ordered a drop down, preferably with an inline reclaim catcher and some sick clips, but alas they had no such items...

On my way to Maine to restock should be home by 3... my stuff will be delivered sometime between "12:45-4:45"... 🙄

Enjoy your day everyone!

Edit: update: by 6:30PM now... grrrr
Enjoy the Dew Drop man! We all love it in the shop.

We have a couple drop downs, I'm not sure why they aren't listed yet. I just asked the team to get them up though

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Enjoy the Dew Drop man! We all love it in the shop.

We have a couple drop downs, I'm not sure why they aren't listed yet. I just asked the team to get them up though
I will, I'm sure....! I got the mini globe specifically to run a dynavap thru and the occasional dab with cheap bangers (that apparently isn't so rare these days, or cheap!)... it isn't the right tool for the job. And backup glass can only be a good thing...

I have a very specific drop down in mind.... I've seen them out there... mostly only on eBay tho...

PuffItUp

Retailer
I will, I'm sure....! I got the mini globe specifically to run a dynavap thru and the occasional dab with cheap bangers (that apparently isn't so rare these days, or cheap!)... it isn't the right tool for the job. And backup glass can only be a good thing...

I have a very specific drop down in mind.... I've seen them out there... mostly only on eBay tho...
can you pm me a link ?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@710Coils @PuffItUp
Inboxes to both you guys... thanks!

edit: the mini globe is surprisingly stable all set up... probably didn't need the new bubbler, but oh well, having 2 is good, too...

I'm digging this so far... I guess I eventually "chazzed" (?) my first dab at 500... cleaned it up and then tried a splashguard insert... worked perfectly at 460 like @strech said. I must've put too much in cuz I had to pull the insert out and recover and dropped it back in 2 more times... nuts!

Last edited:

mudshark

Vaporist
New to concentrates. Received my order for a 25mm clear quartz banger, coil, banger stand, pi ball cap, and clip kit from @710Coils yesterday. Paired this with my recently acquired Auber RDK-300B controller and 7" TAG bubbler. Had fun testing out the fully completed dab rig. :ko:

Thanks Shane for assisting me with a pre-order invoice and promptly answering my questions. Excellent product quality and great customer service.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I had my first experience with a quartz e-banger last night. I loved the experience. The size of the 25mm banger and inserts are perfect. My DCup 30mm dish is impressive but for the size dab I like it’s a little to big. I felt like I was getting a lot more mileage in the 25mm banger inserts.
30375334-3161-4E47-9AD6-E9C971F6123A.jpeg

I used a k-type multi meter with a ribbon prob to check some temps. I settle on 550 on my Auber which was putting my insert dabbing surface at around 500.

I’m a little uneasy about leaving the setup on my rig. My NewVape heat post and stand is working great for an alternative.
59C10635-39E9-4EB0-A0C1-BDA093D0D14E.jpeg

710Coils

Manufacturer
@The Stray Fox You can safely leave the banger and coil on your piece after use as there is no real heat saturation beyond the bend of the neck
The only reason I would remove it is if it was tipsy on the piece =)
Looks like you have a nice setup and there should not be any tipsiness out of that piece you have

Our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale will kick off Friday at 11:59pm (PST) and run till Monday at 11:59pm (PST)
20% off everything and I will have a full restock of controllers before the sale kicks off =)

Hope everyone is staying safe

Shane

Fkn0wned

Any chance of any 25mm 90° 10mm male deep dish bangers going to be available I only see 45° opaque bottoms in on that size.

I'm not really concerned about it being clear bottomed or opaque I'm just on a 20mm banger atm and want to be able to get an AIN insert and most are 25mm.

I would like it to be a deep dish and then I can order and coil and a banger from you as my axial coil is made for my 20mm currently.

Fkn0wned,
Reactions: 710Coils
Top Bottom