710 coils

biohacker

What are the pros/cons with inserts and regular 710coils bangers and the deep dish? For those that switched to the deep dish, are you satisfied?

The reason i'm asking is because I presently have the regular style, and they're great, the inserts that I use are 19mm tall and sit 2-3mm below the hole, which I figure allows for the most efficiency (I guess right at the hole might be even better). However my Quartz Pi cap snouts dip into the inserts, and i'm not sure how I feel about this.

What do you guys think in terms of performance? Is it better to manipulate the oil with the cap outside of the insert, or plunged into it? I'm thinking of going deep dish just so I don't have to be mindful of knocking around the inside of the insert, but curious if there would be any disadvantages?

Just my evening stoner thoughts as I think about what to buy next..

710Coils

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@biohacker The deep dish are 6mm deeper and this is the same thickness of the puck on the bottom of the bangers. I would think you would enjoy the extra depth so your ball cap has plenty of room between it and the insert. They also help with reclaim being blown into the neck =)

I prefer the deep dish over the standard purely for the reduced reclaim

@ivthatshatter You can use a small gauge wire. But the clips are much easier to use and to remove and put back on.

But if you needed to go backwoods on it. The wire will work =P

ivthatshatter

After receiving the merchandise from 710 and trying the clips out I will say they work god damn great!! I was turned off by the silicone but its growing on my as a grippy texture.

I am really liking this setup. I am officially an enail user now and will rarely pick up the torch. I feel like it is cheating now.

biohacker

I prefer the deep dish over the standard purely for the reduced reclaim
Totally THIS!
Can you guys expand on this? Reclaim isn't something that's ever an issue for me so i'm having trouble understanding why. I mean I guess eventually the neck gets some condensate, so how would that be less likely to occur? The only real reclaim I see is some condensate boogers on the front of my glass, but I assume that's just due to the water.

Looks like i'm going deep dish!

710Coils

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@biohacker Ball and flat caps pull air downward into the banger and this will always cause the dab to want to go upward towards the neck since this is where the air is being pulled out from. The deeper banger helps combat this and the main thing to be looking for. Is a cap that does not introduce more air than needed. Most caps that spin or create some sort of vortex of air need to allow more air than preferred. The biggest thing I see watching insert dabs is the amount of air being added is what is causing the mess. This is why most of these videos that are successful are on the hot side as this is the only real way to bring balance back to the dab. So they are coming in hotter than needed since the cap they use is introducing more air than needed.

Hope everyone is having a great day and make sure to enter my 10k follower giveaway on instagram. It has 3 glass rigs and a terp kooler as some of the items that you could win =)

http://instagr.am/p/CFLVNSWMnGp/
Shane

Top Bottom