• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

710 coils

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Looking for opinions.

I currently have a 25mm deep dish banger, quartz insert, and pi ball cap. It is time to replace it. I am going to get the 25mm deep dish banger again, but see several new options for inserts and pearls.

Which insert does everyone prefer and why? Quartz, quartz slitted, quartz splash guard, clear quartz, opaque quartz, ruby, or SIC?

What pearls are recommended? Quartz, Ruby, SIC? 6mm or 8mm?

Thanks for any input.
Now I am running a 30mm set up but I love my ruby insert, that's my main insert unless its too dirty then I use my sic insert or just dab straight off the quartz. As far as pearls go, I like to use one 8mm ruby pearl and just slowly roll it around the banger but this changes with my mood. I recomend getting a few diffrent sizes and materials of pearls as they are worth experimenting with. Typically I don't use pearls while I'm using an insert.

LabPong

Looking for opinions.

I currently have a 25mm deep dish banger, quartz insert, and pi ball cap. It is time to replace it. I am going to get the 25mm deep dish banger again, but see several new options for inserts and pearls.

Which insert does everyone prefer and why? Quartz, quartz slitted, quartz splash guard, clear quartz, opaque quartz, ruby, or SIC?

What pearls are recommended? Quartz, Ruby, SIC? 6mm or 8mm?

Thanks for any input.
🐇 hole opened....lol

So many choices....I resorted to minimal parts......couple 6mm ruby pearls in opaque banger. I did not enjoy the complications of the inserts.

good luck

tharealmclovin

🐇 hole opened....lol

So many choices....I resorted to minimal parts......couple 6mm ruby pearls in opaque banger. I did not enjoy the complications of the inserts.

good luck
I actually felt the same way until I tried the 710coil inserts with my enail. Now I keep 1 soaking is ISO while I use the other one. This prevents my downtime when cleaning the banger.

I clean the banger itself maybe weekly, but the inserts get soaked every couple days.

The dirtier of the 2 is for rosin and the clean one is for my live sugars and sauces.

710Coils

Manufacturer
I would always recommend mastering the enail with nothing in the banger before moving into pearls and such as once you know what the dab should feel like, you can then use that to gauge off of when using pearls and inserts. Inserts will need a soak time for the heat and so you will usually add a bit more heat when using them to help speed this up. Where pearls get dropped in and left so they are always saturated with heat and ready to go. So they prefer a bit less heat since they are always hot =)

tharealmclovin

I would always recommend mastering the enail with nothing in the banger before moving into pearls and such as once you know what the dab should feel like, you can then use that to gauge off of when using pearls and inserts. Inserts will need a soak time for the heat and so you will usually add a bit more heat when using them to help speed this up. Where pearls get dropped in and left so they are always saturated with heat and ready to go. So they prefer a bit less heat since they are always hot =)
I may be one of the rare ones who never remove my insert except for cleaning. I swab it in the banger and keep dabbing.

I also typically have my enail on most of the day so heat up times are not an issue. However, imo that is why my banger and nail are slightly dirty always. It's like the grime is baked in.

710Coils

Manufacturer
I am happy to announce that I will have all deep dish bangers in 45 degree!!!! These are due in a week and I will also be having a black friday sale incase anyone is thinking about scooping some gear =)

Our next giveaway will kick off on instagram and this time we will be giving away a Max Vapor controller!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend

Shane

SatanLovestoVape

Will there be any 25mm SIC dish inserts available soon? It's the only thing that is missing in my 710 coils setup. I have the banger, bubble cap, and coil. I was stalking the 710 website for a couple of weeks, hopeful for a restock soon but recognized the listing is gone.

blackstone

I'm still having a huge great time with my 30mm clear deep dish with 710 coil to match and Auber controller! I also noticed that Troy from 420 vapezone recently acknowledged just how awesome this unique 710 coils type of setup really is in a recent video of his.

I once thought it may not be his thing as he seemed to like starting out cold with a butane type unit but no, no, he really likes it he said!!
The praise the system gets on here, plus my own feelings, is already enough anyway!

My unit didn't work for me one time, what was the problem......? I had just forgot to press the power button DUH!!!
So yeah that's about all that can go wrong with this baby!
I still didn't go back to trying my two little quartz terp pearls, or don't see a big need, and can't figure out if I'll ever try an insert, maybe I should watch a video on that.
I did a first little deep clean with iso soak, then iso wipes and a poker tool, not bad but took a while, maybe I'll need that DC cleaner stuff.

Some questions for people here if anyone is still reading!:
When you use pearls, are you supposed to level the banger and rotate the ball cap to make the pearls swirl around the base in a circle motion?

When you don't use pearls or insert, do you just plonk the ball cap on there sitting straight, or do you motion it around to point the air at different parts. I got this nice swirling habit from a video but not quite sure it's needed.

Does anyone do it dry, without water, or everybody use water in the rig?

Did anyone else ever take such a strong hit from one of these, that they needed to jump around the room for quite a while with their nose watering and stinging, and their legs in a very jumpy restless state!?:lol::evil:

(kind of joking) Did anyone ever consider filling the banger full of herb to make a fun, knockout conduction vape experiment?!

Thank you and Happy Halloween!

blackstone

I just found the part of the video where the Think Dank crew have a discussion about the great benefits of 710Coils, it's at the 57min 10sec mark in this:
(With some usage shots at 1:11:35)
While the video title suggests having a limitless budget, I think they mention 710Coils more in terms of if you want the best of the best performance dab equipment, than it actually being expensive!

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't fall into the category of limitless budget, but I will spend money on the finest equipment.

I've also found, and posted about it often in these threads, that 710 coils far outperforms my dnail coils. I've been able to lower the temps on my PID over 100 degrees when switching from Dnail to 710 flat coils. The coils are tighter, have more wraps, and transfer heat much better than stock Dnail.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
have more wraps
Don't know if that is correct when it comes to flat coils...my Dnail flat coil is double layered,
1604800856019 (2).jpg

But the quality is way down on the DNail coil compared to Shanes, look at the crappy old heat shrink (that was always too large a diameter for the job) is degrading and breaking/cracking up. and the sleeve is starting to fray, pretty sure the nice big neatly crimped S/S ferrule on the @710Coils job still looks like new!

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
That pic looks like they made a flat coil with one wrap above the base portion. Interesting idea, but I still believe you get better temps and have much less reclaim when using a banger and an axial coil. I have also never been a big fan of metal joints =P

Next week I am expecting a full restock of everything that is out of stock. That includes all the below
Coils
Bangers ( I now have 45 degree in deep dish 25 and 30mm and will also have female 14 and 18mm 90 degree)
Inserts ( All inserts will be back in stock)
Skillet dab tools

Its been tough to time everything to land around the same time and so I have been out of several items for a bit. But that should not be an issue going forward

I will also kick off a Black friday sale, so keep an eye out for that when we get closer to then =)

Hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying the weekend

Shane

LesPlenty

Company Rep
much less reclaim when using a banger
I find them about the same in making a mess but the Halo is 10 times easier to clean and keep clean than a banger and axial coil...the banger wins on outright better taste for me (with my ruby insert better again) but my SiC Halo just burns itself clean...too easy especially for myself that would have 30+ dabs a day.
My banger and axial coil also work better for bigger dabs (less splashes for noobs pulling too hard) and is the rig I use when I have company as it is also smoother... I think this might be due to the Ti wpa and lug on the Halo, as you said 'not a fan of metal joints'

strech

I have had my 25 deep dish and coil from 710 for a few weeks now. I pair it with either a sic or sapphire insert. Sapphire I use for cold starts and the six I will just leave it if I'm sitting back and banging dabs. The inserts really help keep the banger clean. The deep dish does seem to stay a bit cleaner in the stem part where the reclaim likes to build up. But its not that big of an improvement if your dabbing a bunch. For the dab before bed folks they might see it as a big deal. IDK. Anyways I've lost my train of thought guess it's time for another pull from the sweet 710 gear.

Thanks again Shane for swapping out that controller for me. You didn't have to but you did! This dabs for you.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
So, I'm an e-rig noob and I'm getting a 25mm 14mm male 90 degree opaque bottom deep dish banger/coil, ball cap, opaque bottom quartz slit and splashguard inserts, 6mm ruby pearls, Disorderly Conduction controller, and now, after reading back, a big bottle of Dark Crystal. I have a Sneaky Pete mini globe, plenty of Everclear/Q-tips, dab tools, Mendo Breath live resin, GMO live rosin and Larry Bird Breath x Ice x Critical Super Silver Haze live badder... am I missing anything else for a great first time experience with an e-nail rig...? What do you recommend?

Last edited:

strech

So, I'm an e-rig noob and I'm getting a 25mm 14mm male 90 degree opaque bottom deep dish banger/coil, ball cap, opaque bottom quartz slit and splashguard inserts, 6mm ruby pearls, Disorderly Conduction controller, and now, after reading back, a big bottle of Dark Crystal. I have a Sneaky Pete mini globe, plenty of Everclear/Q-tips, dab tools, Mendo Breath live resin, GMO live rosin and Larry Bird Breath x Ice x Critical Super Silver Haze live badder... am I missing anything else for a great first time experience with an e-nail rig...? What do you recommend?
A friend to enjoy it with!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Anyone curious, all my 710 bangers [including the deep dish] fit perfectly centered on top a RiO Makeover... much better than the previous v1 RiO.

Any of y'all into cold starts?

I am curious, do inserts and pearls really add to the experience when cold starting?
Part of me thinks it is somewhat counterproductive, in that I assume that when using inserts, it will take more heat for a longer time to get my concentrates to begin to melt.

What are yall's thoughts on this? Just ruminating...

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
In my head, cold starting live hash rosin in inserts seems to make sense for a multitude of reasons... maybe really good clean live resin, not so much...? I have no idea, really...

Bologna,
Reactions: 710Coils

strech

For me cold starts are simple with a insert. Turn on the controller. Grab insert fill with goodies. Once rig is up to temp it's a simple drop in the insert. Inhale. Qtip insert. Remove insert. This is where I can either wait or grab another insert and go again. Usually if I'm going to be doing a few dabs back to back I'll just leave in my sic insert. Without an insert you would have to wait for the banger to cool down each time.

Top Bottom