710 coils

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Sweet. Looks like it works like a fucking charm!

A few more questions guys.

Now the auber rdk-300 guys...can I use a WiFi smart outlet with it? Or do I need to press power on?

Has anyone tried the 710 coil, regular bucket 25mm, on a axial cotter pin banger? Are the coils too tall or does it fit?

Is anyone using wire instead of the 710 prong s clip? Like twisting the wire and cutting it
Auber controller requires a button push to turn on. The 's' clips are so handy why would you want to use just wire? I use Shane's coils with a lot of bangers. Most fit - some require minor tweaks to the coil (tightness). I don't have any cotter pin style though.

biohacker

Anyone using these 25mm 710 axial coils on 25mm china bangers?
Yep, cannot beat Shanes axial heaters but I like the DHGate bangers more myself

Unless i'm missing something, 710Coils bangers ARE China bangers. And although i've seen some similar ones on DhG, I'd rather pay a couple of extra bucks for Shane's great QC. I've purchased maybe a dozen bangers from Shane over the years if not more (both 25 and 30mm) and every single one of them was awesome. And if they aren't, you know Shane has your back!

And on top of that FUCK DhGate to save a few pennies, I rather support Shane and his family even though the current shipping times are the same with the border backlog :lol:

Thanks again Shane for bringing the community AFFORDABLE QUALITY gear for us dab heads! Always looking forward to what you have in store next! :rockon:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
To add to what @biohacker said - there are some aspects of Shane's bangers that make them more desireable with a coil. One is the 6mm bottom puck and the other is a neck joint that isn't too 'worked'. I've got some of those HQ bangers that a standard axial won't fit on because the coil hits the neck before the banger is bottomed out. Additionally, you can have a conversation with Shane if you have questions or issues - always stellar customer service.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am not knocking Shanes bangers at all and believe he does a great job with QC and CS, I just like the style I showed more as it is different to Shanes style as discussed before, the ones I use have a habit of terp balls going down the neck...if not used with an insert. I also recommend noobs to get the heater coil, banger, and cap from Shane and fine-tune to their personal tweaks from that point.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
To add to what @biohacker said - there are some aspects of Shane's bangers that make them more desireable with a coil. One is the 6mm bottom puck and the other is a neck joint that isn't too 'worked'. I've got some of those HQ bangers that a standard axial won't fit on because the coil hits the neck before the banger is bottomed out. Additionally, you can have a conversation with Shane if you have questions or issues - always stellar customer service.

I don't know that I agree the 6mm puck is more desirable for e-nail use. In fact I think I tend to feel the opposite, that a thin floor is preferable for e-nail use due to faster heat transfer. Quartz is an insulator with low conductivity, a thicker puck inhibits the heat transfer by insulating the dabbing floor FROM the axial heater.

IMO quartz uptemps would also be much better with a thinner floor as it would ramp faster.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I don't know that I agree the 6mm puck is more desirable for e-nail use. In fact I think I tend to feel the opposite, that a thin floor is preferable for e-nail use due to faster heat transfer. Quartz is an insulator with low conductivity, a thicker puck inhibits the heat transfer by insulating the dabbing floor FROM the axial heater.

IMO quartz uptemps would also be much better with a thinner floor as it would ramp faster.
I thought the same, but I *like* the way the thick bottom behaves in the coil even if it doesn't make sense when using boost mode. I don't like the thick bottom for cold starts because it seems harder to get the temp correct. But maybe that's just muscle memory from doing so many on 4mm bottom bangers?

ivthatshatter

Great info guys. I see at least one comment said that because of where the stem is on these china worked seam production run bangers and how the seam is worked, they couldnt fit the coil all the way up the bucket.

So I don't feel bad that I spent 40 on a 710 banger now.

Coming from a torch, I RARELY chazz my banger and it usually looks good as day one because of how i swab between dabs. It seems like a lot of enail guys don't swab? I see a lot of chazzed dirty bangers in pics.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Most of us use gem inserts so the banger might look dirty cause you cant get a qtip between the insert without removing it, nor can you use liquids for cleaning when the insert is in. It's easier to keep plain quartz clean as you can just use ISO or distilled water.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@ivthatshatter my latest run of coils have a larger than normal hole and the cotter pin rod will fit through them easily =)
I am not 100% on the auber, but feel like a smart outlet would work with it. But will wait for someone that actually has one to confirm

Inserts finally will be back in stock later today and our 10k follower giveaway on Instagram will kick off on the 15th and it's just stupid!!!!!

multi color Dual controller
2 complete coil and banger setups
2 pieces of glass
2 crushed opal ball caps
1 terp kooler
2 710 coils mood mats
1 skillet tools master kit

I am working on getting more stuff to include. But like I said before. Its just stupid how much awesome gear I am going to giveaway. So don't hesitate to enter this shit!!!!!

LabPong

Sweet. Looks like it works like a fucking charm!
Now the auber rdk-300 guys...can I use a WiFi smart outlet with it? Or do I need to press power on?

Sorry...this will not work with a wifi switch....you have to physically turn it on.

I do not find any reason to turn it on remotely....but off maybe. The heat up time is fast enough for me.

In other news........

My spare 25mm deep dish banger works well with the regular 710 25mm coil.....this is my dab rig for my office work breaks. ☄

workRig.jpg

Last edited:

LabPong

Okay. Yeah I read the manual and realized that. I suppose heat up time is quick. How quick do you get to temp?

With an Auber 300...I use a lower temp of 440F....warm up is maybe 1:30.......I will time it and see what it is to 400...which is when I drop in.

EDIT:

At 70F room temp, auber 300, 25mm deep dish/banger, temp set to 440F-

1:40 mins to get to 400F
2:35 mins to get to 440F

Last edited:
LabPong,
Reactions: 710Coils

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
3-5 mins is probably the average start time when your surfing the net, talking to someone, watching tv.....what ever. That is my usual situation it seems...lol

Inverted.....what temps do you enail dabs at?

I usually hang out at 450-550F set temp, maxvapor controller, 25mm gear, 710gems faceted insert.

I recently noticed my vapor performance not up to par and I was going up to 600, turns out my axial coil was sagging a bit and not making great contact with the banger. Tightened it up a smidge and everything is back to normal :rockon:

biohacker

Fuck! :doh::ugh::bang:

The American Glass snaps at the neck but the 710Coils banger and ruby survived! Ruby flew off the table and rolled on to a yoga mat so I have some deep cleaning ahead of me but all in all just the glass :rip: unless I find someone local that could repair it. Diamond Glass makes some pretty sketchy American glass IMO... because my China rigs are thicker and built sturdier/beefier.

All because I blindly put my laptop down on the vaping table because I was going to get my credit card to pay for my 710Coils order! :lol: Still worth it! :rockon:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Glass is a consumable...unfortunately, I have resorted to pinning my dab rigs to my bench with rubber bands, so far so good.
Why bother fixing a suspect quality rig anyway...unless it has an amazing function I suppose.

ivthatshatter

Does anyone use wire to tie their coil to the banger instead of the s cable and o ring? I am thinking maybe you take a wire, wrap it around the same middle part of the bend before it flairs out toward the (14mm in my case) joint, you twist the wire like you do chicken coup wire and cut the ends maybe 1/4 inch with snips?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Does anyone use wire to tie their coil to the banger instead of the s cable and o ring? I am thinking maybe you take a wire, wrap it around the same middle part of the bend before it flairs out toward the (14mm in my case) joint, you twist the wire like you do chicken coup wire and cut the ends maybe 1/4 inch with snips?

Once you do that one time you’ll see why nobody does that anymore.

Top Bottom