2ZM by Herbaltherm

popitup

Lemme take a stab at it, is it walnut heater, zebra wood top and bottom pieces, and padauk for the door maybe..?
Yes, walnut select throughout, zebra on top, sapele for the door.

Few more notes about the vape, after having ~30 sessions with it.

- Like the TM2, it burns through batteries, but because it has 2, it takes longer to burn through them
- As noted by others, the first session off freshly charged batteries hits harder
- There is very little conduction, other than where the material hits the screen
- I love this spiked stem from TRWW, I can pull "really hard" (open airflow doesn't make it as much of a chore), and it doesn't dry me out as bad
- "Do you ride it, or go easy?" Yes. I tend to ride it in the beginning, then you try and maintain that temperature, lastly you temperature step, and ride it at the end for full extraction
- When I debowl, my previously sticky icky is bone-dry, lightly brown and a little roasty where material was closest to the heater. Because it's bone dry, it falls out when the poker touches it, a sign of good extraction
- No feedback on usage with a water pipe yet. I have the adapters, but I don't think any of my pieces are appropriate for the size

Note to mods: Isn't this released now?

Last edited:

AnAirlessCell

- I love this spiked stem from TRWW, I can pull "really hard" (open airflow doesn't make it as much of a chore), and it doesn't dry me out as bad
I just got mine in... I have to agree 100%. It's not necessary but it does make the experience. I was a little worried about the taper being restrictive but it really doesn't make a huge difference vs the cooling it offers. Thanks again for turning me on to that. Question though... is the joint kinda tight on yours? Not like I'm gonna break it tight, but I kinda have to twist it a little to get it to go in that last little bit.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
One of these things is not like the others! :rolleyes:
Yes we will have some exotic wood 2ZMs available next week on the store!
Dont't know why this video wasn't posted here, I saw it in different thread, but wrote this about it there;

I watched the video posted by @Yoosh , some great combinations and colors going on.
Excited to see the one that I think is mine, it reads lighter in color than most, with a cherry body and maple battery surround.

But can you spot the ONE thing that makes it really different than the rest? Start at 1:30!

?!?!?

vapviking,
  • Love
Reactions: Yoosh

coolbreeze

One of these things is not like the others! :rolleyes:

Dont't know why this video wasn't posted here, I saw it in different thread, but wrote this about it there;

I watched the video posted by @Yoosh , some great combinations and colors going on.
Excited to see the one that I think is mine, it reads lighter in color than most, with a cherry body and maple battery surround.

But can you spot the ONE thing that makes it really different than the rest? Start at 1:30!

?!?!?
Ah! Yours is the upside-down one! Brilliant--hope you got a big bong!

Yoosh

Company Rep

Thanks vapviking for quoting the video! These are all the different premium 2ZMs which will dropping on the Herbaltherm shop in the next week or 2.

Don't forget to use code HT10 for 10% off any of these 2ZMs

Definitely something up lol. But like I said, doesn't feel like I'm gonna break it putting it in, more like it locks in place. Honestly like it better this way... way less wobbly than the stock stem.
As long as you don't twist the stem while in the joint it should be ok! We'll want to avoid twisting the stem inside the joint to make sure the wires stay put :)
One of these things is not like the others!

?!?!?

I love it!! I need to see a video of you hitting that on the biggest bong possible :razz:

AnAirlessCell

As long as you don't twist the stem while in the joint it should be ok! We'll want to avoid twisting the stem inside the joint to make sure the wires stay put :)
It ended up being the screen. The basket folded weird and it was sliding to the side a little. You couldn't tell looking at it, but when I went to change the screen I could feel the play in it. Made an amusing picture though 😆

AnAirlessCell,

Yoosh

Company Rep
It ended up being the screen. The basket folded weird and it was sliding to the side a little. You couldn't tell looking at it, but when I went to change the screen I could feel the play in it. Made an amusing picture though 😆
Ah okay, good catch! Cool picture for sure :D

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
At the moment the 2ZM is the one i reach for at home. Not sure if this is the honeymoon period, but i am really liking it.

Flavour is on point. Does not knock the flavour crown from TetraX, but comes very close. TetraX takes a bit of fiddling, with the 2ZM you just hold the buttons and go to flavour town.

Will be interesting to see how it compares to the 4MI.

stonedBBer

What is the difference between stainless steel and brass in regards to the retaining plate

These work on the same stem as the mi4 right? The tetrap80s from GVB?

Also do they come with batteries or do we need to get our own and if so what is the best one reccomended by herbaltherm

stonedBBer,

popitup

Agree with others stating this is a good Desktop vape that you can take a hit of, leave and come back to. A little bit goes a long way. If you temp step and go through the hole bowl in one session, you get ripped, yeah, but the flavor isn't as good. I mix it up :).

What's the name on their website for that blue straw . I can't find it

with

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They will not come with batteries, standard recommended for artisan high-powered vapes, 18650 like molicel P26 28A and the comparable Samsung, Sony, LG cells
What's your feeling about need for a matched pair? I'm thinking maybe not super critical? given the zero electronics in the circuit.
I think the batch mine is in may be finished soon...so time to be ready!

with

Question, with the 2ZM bowl at 19/26, should we be looking for a deeper joint on a stem or a WPA?
Or will a 19/22 joint be okay? A 19/19 (from SplinterV1)?
Main question here, do I need the longer glass, to be the right distance from heater?

Last edited:

stonedBBer

Agree with others stating this is a good Desktop vape that you can take a hit of, leave and come back to. A little bit goes a long way. If you temp step and go through the hole bowl in one session, you get ripped, yeah, but the flavor isn't as good. I mix it up :).

with

On the herbal thermal website they actually just uploaded video of thr new desktop vape they are making. Seems very rugged and simple but powerful. 4dm I think is the name.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

That is the same as the mini j hook offered by Lamart, these hooks are extremely common, offered in a wide variety of colors, you can buy them even cheaper direct from China (using DHgate or eBay)

What's your feeling about need for a matched pair? I'm thinking maybe not super critical? given the zero electronics in the circuit.
I think the batch mine is in may be finished soon...so time to be ready!

Yes, as said above, that is why we need it, however there is not much risk in Zion days from testing if they are not perfect, but always better to keep matched pairs together and use them as one accordingly

Question, with the 2ZM bowl at 19/26, should we be looking for a deeper joint on a stem or a WPA?
Main question here, do I need the longer glass, to be the right distance from heater?

Yes all those joints are going to be fine now, it just means the load will be a little further from the heater if you are using a shorter joint, so that could be desirable potentially

Yoosh

Company Rep
What is the difference between stainless steel and brass in regards to the retaining plate

These work on the same stem as the mi4 right? The tetrap80s from GVB?

Also do they come with batteries or do we need to get our own and if so what is the best one reccomended by herbaltherm

The retaining plates are aesthetic, they don't affect performance, but they do protect your glass. Yep they work on the same stem as the Milaana4 or any similar stem vapes. 19/26 joint!

The Molicel batteries Shitsnacks recommended are perfect. We will have batteries, chargers, etc on the Herbaltherm website soon!

We will have a variety of stems available on our site soon!

You could use any of those joints for sure but I'd recommend 19/26 for optimal performance.

On the herbal thermal website they actually just uploaded video of thr new desktop vape they are making. Seems very rugged and simple but powerful. 4md I think is the name.
4MD preorders are now live!
HT10 for 10% off your 4MD
4MD FC Thread
4MD Preorder

Last edited:

dutchey666

The retaining plates are aesthetic, they don't affect performance, but they do protect your glass. Yep they work on the same stem as the Milaana4 or any similar stem vapes. 19/26 joint!

The Molicel batteries Shitsnacks recommended are perfect. We will have batteries, chargers, etc on the Herbaltherm website soon!

We will have a variety of stems available on our site soon!

You could use any of those joints for sure but I'd recommend 19/26 for optimal performance.

4MD preorders are now live!
HT10 for 10% off your 4MD
4MD FC Thread
4MD Preorder

I'm in the group that pre ordered and hasn't got the 2zm yet. When is it going to be sent out?

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
The battery chamber door on the 2ZM appears to have a bit too much stand off and seems aesthetically unpleasing. For those of you that have one, does it throw off the elegant lines of the rest of the unit as much as it appears in the images and videos I've seen? Is the door easily removed without the handle?

popitup

The battery chamber door on the 2ZM appears to have a bit too much stand off and seems aesthetically unpleasing. For those of you that have one, does it throw off the elegant lines of the rest of the unit as much as it appears in the images and videos I've seen? Is the door easily removed without the handle?

It's only aesthetically disappointing. It is easy to remove without a handle, partially due to this choice.

The unit feels great in hand. High-quality finishing.

Top Bottom