2ZM by Herbaltherm

popitup

Fun fact, the OD of the 2ZM stem fits the TM2. You can stick the stem that comes with the 2ZM into a Tiny Might if you want. Maybe JoDa can make a 18mm 2ZM stem that can double as a TM WPA?

I have gotten a little char where my material is up to the heater on a tight pack. I've been moving to light packs and trying to get ~4 hits per session will temperature stepping. Feels a little odd putting a small amount of herb in a large device, and I haven't figured out how to get a dense vapor hit that doesn't taste popcorny yet. Ordered a 19/26 dimpled stem from TRWW, we'll see if the basket screen fits it, or if I have to mcguyver something.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Assuming you mean one of the videos linked above. The only mention of conduction i found was in the start-up video. The start up video says that the screen is close to the heater, does that mean that the screen is adding conduction? It's an odd claim as that would definitely add uneven heat given that the conduction would not surround but would only come from below. Unlike convection systems where the airflow through would even the extraction. I think the claim is odd but I will leave it alone because who cares actually 😀

I think the DIY repair kits would probably do away with any "trade secret" in the heating configuration and position. I assume that's still part of the plan?

Yep! Good catch. Typo corrected in the original.

This poses an interesting question. There is never 100% pure convection. Devices need to use metal, glass or ceramic as they are inert and heat resistant. All of these add some conduction to varying degrees. Mesh screens also add a tiny amout of conduction. So no pure convection device is without some conduction. How much conduction is allowed before we call a vape hybrid?

My 2ZM is travelling across the pond as we speak. I will be testing and reporting back along with my guess on how much conduction / convection is going on.

However my current guess, based on other vapes i have tried, this would still be classed as a convection device not hybrid. I might be proved wrong once i try it.

For me this is okay. I dont like the taste of conduction anyway.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Quick question, can a 18-14mm adaptor be used? I used to love ripping little bowls out of my mi.

Don't see why not, should be even better, if it is now 19/26, more reducers will fit better... I used to have a really nice 19/22 one from the old days, lost it and the newer ones are longer, but personally I don't like to hit them that way regardless so all good by me

PossumMD

Don't see why not, should be even better, if it is now 19/26, more reducers will fit better... I used to have a really nice 19/22 one from the old days, lost it and the newer ones are longer, but personally I don't like to hit them that way regardless so all good by me
Yeah, I tried a few then just got one from ddave back in the day. I'm basically sold, just need to see some usage videos to allay my final concerns!

AnAirlessCell

If it is now 19/26 it would actually be really nice to use all the variety of lamart stems...
I can confirm that the stem that comes with it is 19/26. Too bad I got a ton of old RBT stems but none of the lamart. Guess I'll be hitting up GVB soon. For now though, I'm about to go grab a mtm and use the dry tube from the 8RD to make a truly huge handheld lol

Oden

I ultimately decided not to purchase 2ZM.
Looking at the photos I see that it’s a huge portable vape 😂
I'm going to wait for a next model from Ryan.
With a reasonably smaller size.

Grummbler

OverVaped
Is this correct? can anyone confirm and help me fill in the missing woods? @Yoosh that would be cool 🙂

Thanks!
All of your ones identified already are correct!
As for the other 3:
Under Lacewood is the Mango wood
To the right of Purpleheart and Padauk is the Canary wood
To the right of the Leopard and Walnut is the Cherry wood

I ultimately decided not to purchase 2ZM.
Looking at the photos I see that it’s a huge portable vape 😂
I'm going to wait for a next model from Ryan.
With a reasonably smaller size.
Yeah this is definitely his desktop portable model, like the zion. Would be kick ass if this got off the ground soon enough so he could make another pocket portable similar to the Milaana form factor 🤘

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Based on my experience with the Zion style heater, and considering the increased surface area of the heater on this device, i know it is a beast.

I like the increased depth of the female joint, making it very adaptable to tons of glass options that i already own, and more that are readily available.

Size is big, but seems to be a more around the house style portable, or even a beautiful piece you can leave out as a "portable desk top" instead of the alternative true corded desktop.

The real cold to on demand style of almost instant and powerful convection heavy vapor has really never been matched outside of what Ryan had produced IMO. Tafee comes to mind, not nearly as powerful but fun quality vapor. Tiny Might? Great (better) vapor quality too but always a pain in the ass to clean/maintain IMO, and doesn't have the top end power as Ryan's products.

Is this run expected to be short like many other products produced?

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Based on my experience with the Zion style heater, and considering the increased surface area of the heater on this device, i know it is a beast.

I like the increased depth of the female joint, making it very adaptable to tons of glass options that i already own, and more that are readily available.

Size is big, but seems to be a more around the house style portable, or even a beautiful piece you can leave out as a "portable desk top" instead of the alternative true corded desktop.

The real cold to on demand style of almost instant and powerful convection heavy vapor has really never been matched outside of what Ryan had produced IMO. Tafee comes to mind, not nearly as powerful but fun quality vapor. Tiny Might? Great (better) vapor quality too but always a pain in the ass to clean/maintain IMO, and doesn't have the top end power as Ryan's products.

Is this run expected to be short like many other products produced?

Are you planning to get one?

PossumMD

I know you weren’t asking me, but I’m torn. This is probably not for me; i sold my Zion M because it was a bit too over the top for me and this sounds like it might be even more so. But it is kind of beautiful in a brutalist kind of way. What are they running for?
State secretary. Idiocy aside, $USD229 is the starting price and I too am torn. There's the tempest and this vying for my attention. And there's no usage videos for this yet with the tempest dropping this weekend...

Razhumikin

This is not true, anything based on the iheat coil/glassless design produces powerful convection vapor more quickly than does an RBT style coil, so the iheat, lil bud, elite and timber elite all come to temp from cold faster.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
2ZM

20240804-085434.jpg

20240804-085441.jpg

20240804-085444.jpg

20240804-085449.jpg

20240804-085454.jpg

20240804-085500.jpg

20240804-085626.jpg

20240804-085642.jpg

20240804-085655.jpg

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Its a walnut select heater, and cherry battery box.

The 2ZMs looked damn pretty on IG. It looks even better in person.

I cant fault the craftmanship. This is functional wooden art.

Okay i had my first go.

The first word that comes to mind is it feels like a train. When you hold down the buttons the heat is not instant, it needs time for that big coil to heat up. However when it gets to temp the heater has a lot of surface area and a lot of momemtum.

In regards to the conduction element, i need more goes to make a judgement. There is a momentum to it. Is this stored conduction heat? Or just the massive coil taking time to heat up? Not sure. My guess is the later, but thats not my final answer, need more time.

One tiny pinch seems to have got me to cloud nine. It does hit your hard. I think its going to be very economical.

So did the leap of faith come off? I paid a slightly crazy, slightly eractic mad scientist / fireman across the pond to make me a vape. I knew things would be a bit up and down, and there was some risk it might not even happen.

It happened and so far it does not disappoint.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have been using the 2ZM all day.

Like the Milaana, fresh batteries have an initial boost then performance falls back to more normal levels.

Its really very smooth and very controllable. Combustion is possible, i got close, but only if you try to ride the line.

I dont think there is any significant conduction going on, which for me is a good thing. Its the heater that has the momentum.

Oden

I have been using the 2ZM all day.

Like the Milaana, fresh batteries have an initial boost then performance falls back to more normal levels.

Its really very smooth and very controllable. Combustion is possible, i got close, but only if you try to ride the line.

I dont think there is any significant conduction going on, which for me is a good thing. Its the heater that has the momentum.
Compared to your Milana, the power is significantly more powerful? Or is it close?
I'm trying to figure out if the excessive size of this vaporizer is worth it

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
This is not true, anything based on the iheat coil/glassless design produces powerful convection vapor more quickly than does an RBT style coil, so the iheat, lil bud, elite and timber elite all come to temp from cold faster.

I will certainly say, I am not up to date on all that is currently available on the market. I also forgot to mention Lamart products.

I am sure there others I have missed, but the market is certainly not deep for on demand instant convection, and really mostly smaller boutique shops making and selling themselves.

Are you planning to get one?
I do want one, but not pulling the trigger at the moment. I may still get in while still available

Beautiful unit. Glad to see pictures of another. enjoy

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Compared to your Milana, the power is significantly more powerful? Or is it close?
I'm trying to figure out if the excessive size of this vaporizer is worth it

I would say differnt. I did own a Milaana OG for quite some time, but sold it a few years ago.

This has a slower heatup than a Milaana, seems more forgiving, but has more momentum.

The biggest down side i can see with the 2ZM is the size. This wont leave my house.

Ryan should consider an updated pocket portable. A no glue Milaana, with updated heater.

Top Bottom