2ZM by Herbaltherm

ADULTSWIM

All Kids Outta The Pool!
I'm in the group that pre ordered and hasn't got the 2zm yet. When is it going to be sent out?
i'm in a similar position. My order was placed on August 2nd and i emailed herbalthermservice last week and have heard nothing back. I wish that they would email people about progress or delivery date. This silence is killing my enthusiasm, especially when the site starts to sell and move on to other projects.

PossumMD

i'm in a similar position. My order was placed on August 2nd and i emailed herbalthermservice last week and have heard nothing back. I wish that they would email people about progress or delivery date. This silence is killing my enthusiasm, especially when the site starts to sell and move on to other projects.
Mmmmm, yoosh hasn't replied to a direct message either.

stonedBBer

Fingers crossed he gets back soon.
Its makimg me nervous myself

stonedBBer,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So are the units listed on the site now not available for immediate purchase?
Right. Most of them say to allow 2 weeks to complete assembly.

The batch 'in progress' (batch 2, with mine in it) seems to have gone a little longer than expected...
Maybe he's hoping to sell the orphan bodies on the site before assembling any of this batch, which, seems like it will also be the last batch?

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Right. Most of them say to allow 2 weeks to complete assembly.

The batch 'in progress' (batch 2, with mine in it) seems to have gone a little longer than expected...
Maybe he's hoping to sell the orphan bodies on the site before assembling any of this batch, which, seems like it will also be the last batch?
Man, would really like to know that the ones listed are completed units before dropping that kinda coin. Thanks for the info.

Grummbler

OverVaped
Hey there, im on there all the time, but didnt hear about this. What was the problem? And was the same issue, a problem for multiple units in the wild already? Thanks.
IIRC there was some kind of overheating problem on someone's 2ZM. It was sent back to Ryan and he expects it to be a quick fix. He also mentioned recalling all the 2ZM's already sent out to be fixed too. This all is delaying the 2nd preorder shipment :\

ADULTSWIM

All Kids Outta The Pool!
Received an email correspondence so i'm happy to keep waiting.
"Your order has not been shipped yet I believe. You will get an email the moment we ship out your tracking number. Can't wait for you to receive your 2ZM!!! Ryan is hard at work on them so they'll be shipping soon."

Yoosh

Company Rep
Sorry for the delays everyone, Ryan is still working on the next batch of 2ZMs but you will get emails the second they are shipped. This current batch is the first priority so he's working on those before anything else!

Sorry for my disappearance the past few days, personal emergency, but I have now gotten through all the emails and dms so we should be all good!

Man, would really like to know that the ones listed are completed units before dropping that kinda coin. Thanks for the info.
The premium 2ZMs listed on the site are 15 extra rare models that Ryan hand-picked. It's just a special one-off thing we're doing. The wood is built but we are allowing users to choose their metal plate and battery door. They will take 2 weeks to finish as the custom 2ZMs are the first priority. We will have fully completed units available in the future but they won't have premium woods. Cheers

popitup

This vape has been great in groups, I think the simplicity of the device helps people understand it without getting overwhelmed. I wouldn't even say there is a learning curve. I give the basic instructions and they are good to go, even if they don't get optimal vapor production. The wood is obviously a great conversation piece as well.

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
This vape has been great in groups, I think the simplicity of the device helps people understand it without getting overwhelmed. I wouldn't even say there is a learning curve. I give the basic instructions and they are good to go, even if they don't get optimal vapor production. The wood is obviously a great conversation piece as well.
How about for strictly individual use for someone who already owns a Mi2, overkill or still recommended? Still fence sitting on this one.

CanikUser19,

popitup

How about for strictly individual use for someone who already owns a Mi2, overkill or still recommended?

It's a very personal choice. They are beautiful one of a kind pieces that get you high efficiently and quickly. You may also want to consider the upcoming 4Mi and 4MD.

I'm happy with my purchase and it's part of my daily rotation because of speed, ease of use, signature, and cleanliness of the device.

stonedBBer

It's a very personal choice. They are beautiful one of a kind pieces that get you high efficiently and quickly. You may also want to consider the upcoming 4Mi and 4MD.

I'm happy with my purchase and it's part of my daily rotation because of speed, ease of use, signature, and cleanliness of the device.
Don't have mine yet but I'm a person who loves to pack big ass bowls. Is there a way to with this device ?

stonedBBer,

popitup

I would say the basket takes about the same amount that would go into a Storz & Bickel capsule which I think holds ~0.2g.

For a really big ass bowl, I usually resort to a log vape, when I can easily crush double that.

All that to say, if you like big ass bowls, you might also want to check out the 4MD.

Do we have a recall coming?
From the HerbalTherm forums:
Most of the second batch has been shipped minus a few units that need to be reworked in the next batch. The batch was delayed as a customer sent back a unit that had an issue and needed to investigate. Turns out that the drop of epoxy that holds the female 19 mm glass from turning was insufficient to stop it from rotating. If a mouthpiece gets stuck and it is turned it can break free of the epoxy. If a mouthpiece gets stuck, it is best to rock it back and forth to release it. It is also a good idea to insert with light pressure. The second batch has an increased epoxy surface area and has been tested to ensure that the problem will not reoccur. A note will be sent to the first batch and they will be sent a small packet of epoxy to do the simple repair with the help of an instructional video so no recall is required.

Third and final batch will be done by early October and then units for direct sale will be made sometime later this year as the 4MD and 4MI builds are taking priority. Plan is to have all 3 completed by year end which is a ton of work but the demand is low so it should be easy to catch up. Due to the lack of demand, these will be the last works of the HerbalTherm. Once the pre-orders are complete, the www will be shut down and the last of the units will be sold here on the forum. After a weak reception of the first 5 products it has been nice to get enough interest in the 2ZM, 4MD and 4MI to support these last 3 works.

Appreciate all that have helped support over the years and I am happy to build these final works for my friends.

stonedBBer

I would say the basket takes about the same amount that would go into a Storz & Bickel capsule which I think holds ~0.2g.

For a really big ass bowl, I usually resort to a log vape, when I can easily crush double that.

All that to say, if you like big ass bowls, you might also want to check out the 4MD.

From the HerbalTherm forums:
Damn sad to see them closing. Will that mean the remaining inventory is gonna be discounted ? In that case may want to grab a back up unit

Would this work in the 2zm as well or does the capsule cause issues

Last edited:
stonedBBer,
Reactions: Grummbler

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have been asked by Ryan to post this

"Herbaltherm was designed to be a Lean Start-Up company. Lean Start-Up is a cost effective way to test your business plan. With the vaporizer market in the valley of it's fall from grace, a quick market test was still in order.

Given the declining condition of the market over the past few years, no one in there right mind would decide to make an entry. However, I had been designing the last few years and still had the old machinery and tools so minimum effort was required to execute a lean start-up plan.

I also had a secret weapon, my friend and mentor Pakalolo2. An accomplished business man that thought like me, a healthy and flavorful way to consume has to blow up given the health techno conscience consumer. So we build a plan to sustain a business on the low volume of a niche industry... we called it Craft Batch Collectibles.

So, with the plan in place we started making Minimal Viable Products to test market with. A MVP is a "product" made using the least amount of elements, materials, steps... aka as low cost as possible and still deliver the core value. In our case, it was quality thermal liberators.

Started with the 3TM which received rave reviews but did not impress the Dynaverse. The second release was the 14DE or Daberb. Again folks loved the secure cap and hybrid vapor produced but interest remained low. So, we made a bigger one, the 19DX and suffered to same fate of minimal demand. For fun, the 8RD was released bring back 2017... again no sales but no worries.... they can be used for cooling mouthpieces for the 2ZM. Then the 5DT and 1MT were released along with the hot hole which makes them cordless. These devices cordless produce the best (1MT) and hardest hitting vapor on the market imo.... still no love. The 2ZM was a chore as the woodworker backed out of making them. Given that there was a strong demand at the pre-order the 2ZM was redesigned to use a 3D printed part to enable it to be fabricated using the tools I had on-hand. Unfortunately, only 30% of the folks that put down a deposit came to claim their 2ZM. Another bust. Given the issues with the 2ZM execution it was theorized that the addition of the 4MI and the 4MD could collectively make HerbalTherm sustainable, however this does not appear that it will provide long-term sustainability.

I do have to admit, I believe the plan was solid and making 11 designs in just over a year is an accomplishment that I am proud of. However, the numbers don't lie, the industry is cooked lol. No one is posting about vapes, the forum are down to a slow crawl of "experts" and the help me pick my new vape guys. viewer count is down from 50k to 500 most places and even the Puffco is gasping for air with it's new budget peak. We are now past the freak out sales and the industry seems to be a ghost town maybe foreshadowed by the Ghost? This I new, but thought some fresh offense in the midst of the defense would pan out. What I found out, is that RBT tech is ho hum as best, but there is always a silver lining.

The plan was to leverage existing designs from the past and spring board off of them to by the necessary machinery, tooling, etc. required to design fully custom vaporizers and there is already a design for an unregulated, variable heat intensity, battery indicator, ceramic housed redesigned heater, POD or not, integrated cooling, USB C charging, fuse protected design... so unfortunately we wont be getting there but, there is good news in it if we look at the data and take what the universe was so gracious to give.

There is strength enough in the 2ZM, 4MD and 4MI that they will be executed as "projects". This allows me to do what I love which is the design, proto, test, refine process as you can see by the 4 videos on the 4MD on the LubeTube. The great thing about lean start-up is the data is there to predict how many to make based on the pre-order signal. These projects are a high number of intricate steps so they most be done as a batch so you need to decide the "lifetime demand" and make them all in one batch step by step in order to gain any level of efficiency.

So rather than try and force the universe to give me more, I will graciously accept what has been given to me. QTY 50 - 2ZM 100 - 4MD and 200 - 4MI will be made to fullfill the pre-order demand with 25% extra to sell direct post launch. Once the pre-orders are complete the www will be shut down and the remaining units will be sold on Herbaltherm.freeforums.net. This should be around the first of the year. The price of the pre-orders have been adjusted to reflect that every unit will come with a repair kit and videos will be released to aide in repair. Guess I saw this coming and the DIY repair design philosophy will ease those worried about my going out of business. Additional repair kits will be available at this time. This will leave a home base for the 400 people who will own a device and the DIY repair should keep these devices going for decades as the RBT has proven the reliability of the tech and the Herbaltherm will make one last go as perfecting it.

Thanks again to all who came along for the ride with the godfather of the unregulated portable thermal liberator ;) I am proud of the work done in executing the plan that Pak and I put together and the joy is in the work, and not in the results as they are well out of my control. No lie, it is hard to lay it down after a decade of fukin with it, but I am excited to find my next role in mechanical engineering design!

Peace, Love and Happiness,

Ryan"

popitup

Would this work in the 2zm as well or does the capsule cause issues

I actually haven't used a S&B capsule, I was just using it as a visual comparison. I will try and get back to you.

Okay, interesting. I just tested with an S&B caspule.

1. You cannot effectively use a 19/26, but you can use a 19/22 joint
2. You have to ride the battery harder
3. I cannot get as much vapor
4. Seems less efficient overall, and you have to almost constantly be pulling warm air over it

I cannot say I recommend this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom