2ZM by Herbaltherm

Been in as a supporter of this. Since I was on the second 50 of the orders I just thought let’s hang out and see if anyone has usage videos etc. as I never had or used prior rbt vapes. Keeping my eyes on this thread to hear some feedback on the device.

Things I would like to see:

Native usage, since I only have a j hook or two and no bongs.

Exactly how large is this thing? I own a TM so a side by side would be nice if possible.

Is it more conduction or convection? I kind of want more conduction with my next purchase since I have a TM.

I also am not good at picking things so wanting to see the wood selections you guys get lol.

Oden

Been in as a supporter of this. Since I was on the second 50 of the orders I just thought let’s hang out and see if anyone has usage videos etc. as I never had or used prior rbt vapes. Keeping my eyes on this thread to hear some feedback on the device.

Exactly how large is this thing? I own a TM so a side by side would be nice if possible.

Is it more conduction or convection? I kind of want more conduction with my next purchase since I have a TM.

I also am not good at picking things so wanting to see the wood selections you guys get lol.
It is a pure convection vaporizer.
People describe it as different from TM

Yoosh

Company Rep
Wow what a beauty!! Enjoy and please let me know what you think!

Hey, thanks for supporting. As a big fan of prior RBT vapes I think you'll like the 2ZM. Ryan is creating a video so I will have some usage vids posted here for you soon!

To respond to the things you'd like to see:
-Yep, you can use it natively!
-It is a 2 battery model so it is larger than the TM. I will post a bunch of pics/vids comparing the size once mine arrives.
-It's a convection/conduction hybrid but you can adjust that with usage. In my experience even "100%" convection vapes have conduction/radiation that creeps into the bowl as it heats up.

I'll be posting the wood selections here as well as on Instagram. If you have any questions about exotic woods feel free to reach out

It is a pure convection vaporizer.
People describe it as different from TM
For the 2ZM Ryan wanted it to hit even harder than the Zion so he made adjustments to the heater tech. It is larger heater than the Zion heater and closer to the bowl so it provides some conduction along with the convection to provide smooth, full-bodied hits.

-------

Cheers everyone! I'll be posting usage vids soon

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Please, what is the stem arrangement?
Is this an 18mm joint?

Yes, always 18.8 mm, RBT and Zion

Yes that is typically the best way to use it, since it is unregulated you will want that direct feedback imo should be really nice with a hook!

Yeah more than twice as large as the TM, you can look in the old Zion threads to get more of a sense?

Absolutely essentially pure convection on demand, traditionally as all RBT has been... So you are in the wrong place for a more conduction based experience imo

For the 2ZM Ryan wanted it to hit even harder than the Zion so he made adjustments to the heater tech. It is larger heater than the Zion heater and closer to the bowl so it provides some conduction along with the convection to provide smooth, full-bodied hits.

Oh really?? Wow, I knew it was much larger, more complex, advanced with more power... I guess if it is closer to the edge of the bowl that makes sense it could radiate more heat into the glass and possibly build up some conduction too... Very interesting, but I'd still consider it primarily a pure convection on demand vape?

Yoosh

Company Rep
Yes, always 18.8 mm, RBT and Zion

Yes that is typically the best way to use it, since it is unregulated you will want that direct feedback imo should be really nice with a hook!

Yeah more than twice as large as the TM, you can look in the old Zion threads to get more of a sense?

Absolutely essentially pure convection on demand, traditionally as all RBT has been... So you are in the wrong place for a more conduction based experience imo

Oh really?? Wow, I knew it was much larger, more complex, advanced with more power... I guess if it is closer to the edge of the bowl that makes sense it could radiate more heat into the glass and possibly build up some conduction too... Very interesting, but I'd still consider it primarily a pure convection on demand vape?
You're the hero this city needs ShitSnacks thanks for answering questions :bowdown:

Yes the 2ZM heater is TWICE the size of the Zion heater and 30% bigger than the Zion M heater. It's right below the bowl so you can radiate heat and technically avoid a lot of that 'hot air' feeling that convection vapes can sometimes provide. It'll come down to usage but It is still a convection powered device, now with hybrid conduction effects for extra strong hits if you want em!

Sorry y'all, I was working. I'll be testing this bad boy out pretty soon. Cannot wait.
Gorgeous pics popitup! Love seeing the 2ZM next to other great vapes. Enjoy!!!

popitup

Just finished charging batteries, but realized there is no indication for orientation in the vape.

Advice on how I should be inserting my batteries? Last image in my previous post should help.

Shit Snacks

Advice on how I should be inserting my batteries? Last image in my previous post should help.

Maybe in a video could see? They should be going in opposite directions, but I'm not sure which one in which direction or if it matters

Shit Snacks,

popitup

Maybe in a video could see?
Cheers, CSIed: https://www.picuki.com/media/3381694727304151441

Nice vape. Delicious, clean, great airflow with 18mm and the size of the airflow hole. Feels great in hand, nice edges, joining, and finishing, though it is kind of comically large, I can press both buttons without issue.

I'm easing into technique, but so far ~5 seconds hold then start inhale and pull for another ~3-5 seconds before releasing then release. Similar to the technique I use with the the Firewood 9, but I can probably go much harder with this.

Signature reminds me a little bit of the TM2, solo III, lotus, and log vapes.

Will like to try the WPA next. Usually when I use my vapes dry, I have a dimpled, balled and/or bent stem.

Like most times I try a new vape, though I only used a small amount of material, and have been using other vapes, this just got me high as shit... so I'll update with more info later.

Last edited:

DgN'R

Sounds good.. beautiful :tup:

It seems that the size of the glass joint has been increased to 19/26 vs 19/22 for the original Zion, right?

Is it German Schott Glass? What is the insulator? Mica or ceramic? What is the SS ribbon grade?

I'm still hesitating between a standard Maple with Zebra wood or a other custom exotic unit. I appreciate having a neutral wood for the heating element. So many choices and I'd like to catch them all :brow:

Edit: some additional information, don't hesitate to activate the subtitles if you have trouble with English like me, it works pretty well..

Last edited:

AnAirlessCell

Just got mine in. I knew it was gonna be big but daaaaamn. I'm a big dude and it's still a little awkward. Gorgeous though, really love the way mine came out. Build feels really solid, other than the battery door. Being held on magnetically there's a little play. It sticks out a little bit for the folks that didn't want the handle so you can feel the wiggle a little. It doesn't negatively impact anything. I only mention it because outside of that, it feels solid enough to use as a weapon lol. I've only had it long enough to take the pictures and run a couple bowls through it. So far I'm very happy with it. It feels like a bit more gradual of a heat up than my milaana. That thing feels like you get vapor as soon as you press the button and it will combust super easily. I almost never let other people use it because honestly it's more hassle than it's worth. I love it but I know it. This I would feel comfortable sharing. The heater is absolutely powerful enough to combust but it doesn't really seem like there's a lot of danger of it unless you really love riding the line. It seems to heat much more evenly as well. I'm only 3 bowls in but so far they've all come out very evenly cooked. With my milaana I always had to rotate my stem cause one side of the heater got a little hotter a little faster. It just became part of the ritual with that one. This time though no spinning and so far I haven't noticed any hot spots. Obviously I've not gotten to really play around with it but a few people were asking for early impressions, I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

coolbreeze

Just got mine in. I knew it was gonna be big but daaaaamn. I'm a big dude and it's still a little awkward. Gorgeous though, really love the way mine came out. Build feels really solid, other than the battery door. Being held on magnetically there's a little play. It sticks out a little bit for the folks that didn't want the handle so you can feel the wiggle a little. It doesn't negatively impact anything. I only mention it because outside of that, it feels solid enough to use as a weapon lol. I've only had it long enough to take the pictures and run a couple bowls through it. So far I'm very happy with it. It feels like a bit more gradual of a heat up than my milaana. That thing feels like you get vapor as soon as you press the button and it will combust super easily. I almost never let other people use it because honestly it's more hassle than it's worth. I love it but I know it. This I would feel comfortable sharing. The heater is absolutely powerful enough to combust but it doesn't really seem like there's a lot of danger of it unless you really love riding the line. It seems to heat much more evenly as well. I'm only 3 bowls in but so far they've all come out very evenly cooked. With my milaana I always had to rotate my stem cause one side of the heater got a little hotter a little faster. It just became part of the ritual with that one. This time though no spinning and so far I haven't noticed any hot spots. Obviously I've not gotten to really play around with it but a few people were asking for early impressions, I thought I'd throw my two cents in.
That's frikkin gorgeous! Yours gives me some idea how mine will look. I just ordered a sepele heater and door, red palm box.

Yoosh

Company Rep
Is this due to a change in the bowl material? I don't see how even a larger heater could change this.
The hybrid effect will come from the frontloaded heater which will heat the glass bowl/joint the longer you hold down the button
Cheers, CSIed: https://www.picuki.com/media/3381694727304151441

Nice vape. Delicious, clean, great airflow with 18mm and the size of the airflow hole. Feels great in hand, nice edges, joining, and finishing, though it is kind of comically large, I can press both buttons without issue.

I'm easing into technique, but so far ~5 seconds hold then start inhale and pull for another ~3-5 seconds before releasing then release. Similar to the technique I use with the the Firewood 9, but I can probably go much harder with this.

Signature reminds me a little bit of the TM2, solo III, lotus, and log vapes.

Will like to try the WPA next. Usually when I use my vapes dry, I have a dimpled, balled and/or bent stem.

Like most times I try a new vape, though I only used a small amount of material, and have been using other vapes, this just got me high as shit... so I'll update with more info later.
Awesome, thanks so much!! So glad you're enjoying it. I've been using ball vapes lately with big amounts so I'm excited to get ripped off a small amount with the 2ZM. Brings me back to my lotus/log vape days :D If you don't mind I'd love to repost your beautiful pics on IG?
Sounds good.. beautiful :tup:

It seems that the size of the glass joint has been increased to 19/26 vs 19/22 for the original Zion, right?

Is it German Schott Glass? What is the insulator? Mica or ceramic? What is the SS ribbon grade?

I'm still hesitating between a standard Maple with Zebra wood or a other custom exotic unit. I appreciate having a neutral wood for the heating element. So many choices and I'd like to catch them all :brow:

Edit: some additional information, don't hesitate to activate the subtitles if you have trouble with English like me, it works pretty well..

Thanks for the questions DgNR! Yes the size of the joint is 19/26. Heater is stainless steel and insulator is mica. Thanks for posting those vids too!

If anyone wants to see something specific in a video or photo just let me know and I'll get it posted here, youtube, IG etc :)

----------------------

I'll be hosting an Instagram Live tonight at 7pm PST / 10pm EST on the Herbaltherm Instagram! I just received my box of goodies from Ryan so I will be unboxing and testing everything out tonight, and every following Monday at 7pm PST on IG. Most excited for the 2ZM of course but I can't wait to try the 1MT ball vape too! Cheers

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The hybrid effect will come from the frontloaded heater which will heat the glass bowl/joint the longer you hold down the button
I'm a bit dubious of this claim. In the first place, glass is a terrible conductor but an excellent insulator. That's why all my RBT vapes are great pure convection devices. Being unregulated doesn't really change that, although you can hold that button down long enough for radiant heat to combust the flower.

What does "frontloaded" mean here? Is the heater in a different position? Or are you referring to soaking the heater before drawing? Is the configuration or position different from the ZionM? I know you mentioned it was larger, but that would not have an impact here of course.

Last edited:

Yoosh

Company Rep
I'm a bit dubious of this claim. In the first place, glass is a terrible conductor but an excellent insulator. That's why all my RBT vapes are great pure conduction devices. Being unregulated doesn't really change that, although you can hold that button down long enough for radiant heat to combust the flower.

What does "frontloaded" mean here? Is the heater in a different position? Or are you referring to soaking the heater before drawing? Is the configuration or position different from the ZionM? I know you mentioned it was larger, but that would not have an impact here of course.

I'd refer you to Ryan's videos explaining the science, again I'm not an engineer I'm just passing along info :) Rather than try to explain why I believe it works I'll leave it to others to test it out.

Yep the heater is closer, and yes soaking the heater is one way to increase the hybrid effect imo. Radiant heat is underrated ime. The configuration is Ryan's trade secret for now but the heater is twice as large as Zions and 30% bigger than ZionM.

The RBT vapes weren't conduction, might be a typo, they were convection dominant. Cheers!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'd refer you to Ryan's videos explaining the science, again I'm not an engineer I'm just passing along info :) Rather than try to explain why I believe it works I'll leave it to others to test it out.
Assuming you mean one of the videos linked above. The only mention of conduction i found was in the start-up video. The start up video says that the screen is close to the heater, does that mean that the screen is adding conduction? It's an odd claim as that would definitely add uneven heat given that the conduction would not surround but would only come from below. Unlike convection systems where the airflow through would even the extraction. I think the claim is odd but I will leave it alone because who cares actually 😀
Yep the heater is closer, and yes soaking the heater is one way to increase the hybrid effect imo. Radiant heat is underrated ime. The configuration is Ryan's trade secret for now but the heater is twice as large as Zions and 30% bigger than ZionM.
I think the DIY repair kits would probably do away with any "trade secret" in the heating configuration and position. I assume that's still part of the plan?
The RBT vapes weren't conduction, might be a typo, they were convection dominant. Cheers!
Yep! Good catch. Typo corrected in the original.

Shit Snacks

screen is close to the heater, does that mean that the screen is adding conduction? It's an odd claim as that would definitely add uneven heat given that the conduction would not surround but would only come from below. Unlike convection systems where the airflow through would even the extraction. I think the claim is odd but I will leave it alone because who cares actually 😀

Yeah I'm curious what it amounts to, practically, based on the first usage report above, seems the radiant heat builds and adds a little more conduction with the heater closer to the load (I remember with the OG design it was a concern, to see how long you could hold the button, to confirm no vapor would be produced, that it was pure convection, with enough space between the heater and the load) because they said they were impressed how even the extraction was without any effort on their part?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The only mention of conduction i found was in the start-up video. The start up video says that the screen is close to the heater, does that mean that the screen is adding conduction?
I think Ryan suggests a five sec button press, then wait, as much as 30 sec, and maybe repeat. So, the glass, not necessarily the heater, may be getting s chance to heat-soak and act as conduction oven?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think Ryan suggests a five sec button press, then wait, as much as 30 sec, and maybe repeat. So, the glass, not necessarily the heater, may be getting s chance to heat-soak and act as conduction oven?
I don't see 30 seconds as long enough to build up enough heat in glass for any meaningful conduction. I have access to many glass bowls and powerful heaters and I can show reliability that a glass bowl won't vape your herb if you heat it in any reasonable way. Five minutes with a ball vape isn't enough. I can't see even an improved Large Mass heater doing this in 30 seconds.

Top Bottom