2ZM by Herbaltherm

EarthworldTim

Hey everyone, just wanted to reach out as the new Company Rep for HerbalTherm. Some may recognize my avatar (FC has been my fave forum since 2013) but I've mainly lurked recently. I love these forums and consider them my home. When I saw Ryan was back with new devices I reached out to offer my help. I love my Milaana, Zion, and Splinter and I miss having more unique vapes like that in our community. Ryan said yes so now I'll be running the front end while he focuses on building vapes nonstop. This will work out best for everyone as Ryan will be able to pump out vapes quicker, and I'll be here to provide customer service 24/7. All communications/service/everything will be provided by me. Ryan's a master vape maker but the customer service requires different skills which I've developed managing vape/smoke shops. I love helping people and there's nothing I like talking about more than vapes/TEDS/thermal liberators--whatever you call them! If anyone needs help or has questions on Herbaltherm or RBT please reach out!

Thanks to everyone who showed up to the Instagram Live tonight, it was great to chat with you all. You guys are so passionate I love it :) Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be taking over the Lives every Monday to show off the vapes and whatever else everyone wants to see. I can get a youtube/twitch going too-- whatever the community wants. I want it to be a safe space to chat about any and all vapes. I do have VAS after all lol

I'll be releasing discount codes too! Today's code is HT10 for 10% off everything

Thanks, I look forward to everyone's reviews on the 2ZM!
I would like to caution anyone who is considering ordering one of these or anything from Ryan. You may get the vape after all or you might get swindled. I'm surprised none of the other early adopters has chimed in but Ryan is not a stand up person as some have already said in the past. He pitched the 2zm early crowd fund as a buy in, from my understanding, where at least the $50 would go toward the vape and first choice of woods. Well he decided that he's entitled to that money and pulled refunds off the table because it appears he failed to properly plan and over invested in materials and his time(my best guess and who knows how much he inflates the values). The final price of the vape was higher than initially pitched(not the most surprising thing and probably the most understandable) but when I emailed to ask about pricing he ignored all of my questions and asked where to send the refund. I replied and told him that this was a weird way to treat me asking questions but gave him the email for a refund. The next email I got was announcing that refunds were no longer an option and we should "resell" the unique 15% code because it has a value of $70. This is a code that gave me a maximum of $40 off a select wood unit I priced out, not even matching the initial $50 the early adopters paid. The first code he sent out, which was what sparked my pricing questions, was the same amount as the code above and gave me $27 off the unit, not even close to the initial 50. I also asked if it was regular public pricing and if I could just have my initial buy in applied to the unit I order, didn't respond to any of it.

This guy is something else and I'd rather be out a small amount of money than give more to someone who is dishonest at best. Just know that he could have a meltdown at any moment and you could be out some money or receive something that's not what was agreed upon. In his final email he claimed that each 2ZM is worth $500 because 50k(the hole he claims he's in, materials + time invested) divided by 100(early crowd fund participants). Proceed with caution and just know that you're dealing with someone who has a history of this kind of behavior and volatility.

I hear the FW9 is a lovely device from a maker with an excellent track record, just set it to unregulated mode and save the headaches.

Razhumikin

With all due respect, I have been on this ride before, and it seems like this is your first time, so let me tell you something: he relies on people like you just having faith in him to avoid accountability. If he didnt have this rogue-engineering genius in the desert-shtick that people bought into, and they took a sober assessment of all the times hes been less-than-honest with people and all the times he has failed to do something hes said he was gonna do, he wouldve been permanently out of the game a while ago. When its a year from now and you still dont have a 2zm and hes quit herbal therm again, dont say I didnt warn you.
Seems like a relevant time to reshare this part of my post from February.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Heed the 2 warnings above!

I bought several products from him long ago. One order was missing a few items, no big deal. At the time he advertised being able to directly call him for support, so I did.
He went off on me for calling him, as he was out somewhere in the world, on top of a mountain in the search for new vapes, or whatever. While I did eventually receive the missing items, I immediately realized he was too high strung, and a bit of a nut job. That was the last time I did business with him.

Been following all the drama since, as an observer. There are many out there that believe in the theory that there is “a sucker born every minute”, so it’s best to remember another saying: BUYER BEWARE…..

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I would like to caution anyone who is considering ordering one of these or anything from Ryan. You may get the vape after all or you might get swindled. I'm surprised none of the other early adopters has chimed in but Ryan is not a stand up person as some have already said in the past. He pitched the 2zm early crowd fund as a buy in, from my understanding, where at least the $50 would go toward the vape and first choice of woods. Well he decided that he's entitled to that money and pulled refunds off the table because it appears he failed to properly plan and over invested in materials and his time(my best guess and who knows how much he inflates the values). The final price of the vape was higher than initially pitched(not the most surprising thing and probably the most understandable) but when I emailed to ask about pricing he ignored all of my questions and asked where to send the refund. I replied and told him that this was a weird way to treat me asking questions but gave him the email for a refund. The next email I got was announcing that refunds were no longer an option and we should "resell" the unique 15% code because it has a value of $70. This is a code that gave me a maximum of $40 off a select wood unit I priced out, not even matching the initial $50 the early adopters paid. The first code he sent out, which was what sparked my pricing questions, was the same amount as the code above and gave me $27 off the unit, not even close to the initial 50. I also asked if it was regular public pricing and if I could just have my initial buy in applied to the unit I order, didn't respond to any of it.

This guy is something else and I'd rather be out a small amount of money than give more to someone who is dishonest at best. Just know that he could have a meltdown at any moment and you could be out some money or receive something that's not what was agreed upon. In his final email he claimed that each 2ZM is worth $500 because 50k(the hole he claims he's in, materials + time invested) divided by 100(early crowd fund participants). Proceed with caution and just know that you're dealing with someone who has a history of this kind of behavior and volatility.

I hear the FW9 is a lovely device from a maker with an excellent track record, just set it to unregulated mode and save the headaches.
Sorry you're having a bad experience.
You are mistaken about the initial $50, it is being credited "automatically". Each person's order is being checked and must be a known initial backer. Ryan did state that in one of the emails, where he said the order period for "first" batch was open, with a 50% discount code. But he set the price at $400, then the code brought it to the $200, so that plus the original $50 made the price $250 total.

On the first two batch orders, the discount codes also worked for all the exotic woods and options.

As a backer, I realized a few days ago that I missed some of the opportunity (I had procrastinated) and so I did not get discount on those extra things.
My 2ZM, Cherry body (std maple everthing else) got the 15% off, down to 211.65.
Look back on Page 2 of this thread, it is confirmed that the eventual total price would be $250.

Ryan does not claim that the product is worth $500, merely stating that when time and materials are totalled up, that's what a unit came out to.

There is a lot of history people have with Ryan. My experiences have been good, but that was all later-stage RBT business.
I still use a Splinter V2 occasionally. I think he's made some awesome products over time, and I wish him success.
He is, so far, a sole proprietor trying to re-boot his business

EarthworldTim

Sorry you're having a bad experience.
You are mistaken about the initial $50, it is being credited "automatically". Each person's order is being checked and must be a known initial backer. Ryan did state that in one of the emails, where he said the order period for "first" batch was open, with a 50% discount code. But he set the price at $400, then the code brought it to the $200, so that plus the original $50 made the price $250 total.

On the first two batch orders, the discount codes also worked for all the exotic woods and options.

As a backer, I realized a few days ago that I missed some of the opportunity (I had procrastinated) and so I did not get discount on those extra things.
My 2ZM, Cherry body (std maple everthing else) got the 15% off, down to 211.65.
Look back on Page 2 of this thread, it is confirmed that the eventual total price would be $250.

Ryan does not claim that the product is worth $500, merely stating that when time and materials are totalled up, that's what a unit came out to.

There is a lot of history people have with Ryan. My experiences have been good, but that was all later-stage RBT business.
I still use a Splinter V2 occasionally. I think he's made some awesome products over time, and I wish him success.
He is, so far, a sole proprietor trying to re-boot his business
None of that was ever made clear and the way he worded the early emails was that the 100 people were grouped into two 50 unit batches. I thought I had to wait to place my order and then he pulled the rug and reduced the discount significantly for everyone after that and it's only more obvious his motivation for this with the whining about sunk cost. Only 30 people ordered one from that group according to him so by definition he has not "delivered" on what was promised, murky as shit or not.

Regardless, this could all be remedied if he didn't resort to immature behavior and just level with people which he is apparently incapable of doing. It's no wonder RBT has failed so many times and I'd bet it's going to again. Partnering with some new person to be the face just seems like the logical next move for someone who has grifting tendencies.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
The firefighter...

Allegedly. Probably blew out candles on a birthday cake.

I think if you wanted a vape that was 'low risk', where you knew exactly what you were getting with proven performance and a 5 year warranty, this was not the vape for you. If you needed to know exactly when, what colour, and how much to the dollar the vape will cost again the 2ZM startup was not for you.

If you wanted to take a punt, put $40 down on something that could be quite special then this was it. Ill let you all know, in a totally unbiased review when i get it.

I agree i think its too late for a refund, when the product is ready to ship.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I thought I had to wait to place my order and then he pulled the rug
I had the same confusion, I was in the 2nd group of 50.
Did you get his June26 email? It was for us,

"The new 50% off code is 2ZM89 which gives you a base price of $200 if the standard option is selected and gives you 50% off all of the upgrades. Again, each upgrade is listed as an individual item in the store (please see previous email for details). As part of the pre-order team you will also be receiving a DIY repair kit to include a glass / heater screen, battery contact and button to ensure a lifetime of service from your 2ZM. The code will expire on 7/12 as at that point sales will be open to the public. At that point a new code will be issued to anyone who has not yet ordered their unit."

vapviking,

EarthworldTim

I had the same confusion, I was in the 2nd group of 50.
Did you get his June26 email? It was for us,

"The new 50% off code is 2ZM89 which gives you a base price of $200 if the standard option is selected and gives you 50% off all of the upgrades. Again, each upgrade is listed as an individual item in the store (please see previous email for details). As part of the pre-order team you will also be receiving a DIY repair kit to include a glass / heater screen, battery contact and button to ensure a lifetime of service from your 2ZM. The code will expire on 7/12 as at that point sales will be open to the public. At that point a new code will be issued to anyone who has not yet ordered their unit."
I believe I did but I think it got lost in the shuffle and that is on me. What's not on me is some asshole giving an arbitrary time frame for me to get a refund when he had said the entire time that was an option. Furthermore he offered me a refund(and that's the only thing he said in the communication) in the only email reply I received from him and he never sent it and again arbitrarily decided that no one is entitled to a refund now. Especially when I just told him to credit my 50 and we're good(toward the 2ZM), he gives the middle finger.

I understand your experience was different but there's really no defense for this kind of behavior.

Last edited:

Yoosh

Company Rep
I believe I did but I think it got lost in the shuffle and that is on me. What's not on me is some asshole giving an arbitrary time frame for me to get a refund when he had said the entire time that was an option. Furthermore he offered me a refund(and that's the only thing he said in the communication) in the only email reply I received from him and he never sent it and again arbitrarily decided that no one is entitled to a refund now. Especially when I just told him to credit my 50 and we're good(toward the 2ZM), he gives the middle finger.

I understand your experience was different but there's really no defense for this kind of behavior.
I agree with you Earthworld! Nothing matters more than consistent, high-quality customer service and I'm really sorry you didn't receive that. Ryan will not be handling any communications at all anymore and in a perfect world he never would have. I can't explain or defend his actions before me all I can say is it all stops right now. I really appreciate people like you EarthworldTIm who protect the community and share your experiences. I have purchased many vapes based off the opinions and experiences of people like you. It makes me cringe to know you weren't treated right and I just want to make it better. I apologize that you had to deal with this in the first place---I will reach out to you and let's see how I can help :)

This goes for everyone---Feel free to reach out to me on FC, IG, or through the contact form on Herbaltherm. I will have an email out for everyone to use soon as well. I will make sure everyone leaves happy

sedentree

Hey @Yoosh, I have ordered a couple of items from Herbaltherm in the past year. Both times I received the item without any issue but I was never emailed to advise my parcel had been dispatched and never given a tracking number. Could you please ensure when the 2ZM starts going out that we get tracking emails please?

Yoosh

Company Rep
Hey @Yoosh, I have ordered a couple of items from Herbaltherm in the past year. Both times I received the item without any issue but I was never emailed to advise my parcel had been dispatched and never given a tracking number. Could you please ensure when the 2ZM starts going out that we get tracking emails please?
Hi Sedentree, thanks for asking, everyone will be receiving tracking numbers for their 2ZM orders. They should be dropping in the new few hours, if they haven't already :)

I was refunded some time last night. Thanks everyone for letting me relate my experience. Hope anyone having issues gets satisfactory resolution.

So happy we got the refund sorted out. I appreciate your experience. Reach out if you ever want to test out any of our vapes and I'll happily send one. If anyone has issues, please come straight to me and I'll take care of you. Cheers

Oden

Hi Sedentree, thanks for asking, everyone will be receiving tracking numbers for their 2ZM orders. They should be dropping in the new few hours, if they haven't already :)
How long will the 10% promo code be valid?
I want to buy a 2ZM when I get my salary, but it won't be until the 10th of August.

Top Bottom