Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Makes sense to me to use screw-in magnets on the unit itself and then use a metal plate on the door. Screws won't come loose and the metal plate could have a ton of surface area to glue to.

Makes sense to eliminate glue entirely.:horse:

tblast

This is definitely the longest I've waited on a preorder in my life (about 16 months!)... obviously I'm not a hopper owner! Honestly though, it would be nice to get an email or something, I find myself getting paranoid that my preorder will be forgotten. I know that's crazy, but like i said, this is uncharted water for me and I can't help but feeling nervous.

ZC

This is why I never pre-ordered, despite the price continually rising. I already sat waiting for my Hopper for months and they had the capital to actually start producing.

I do believe RBT will make good on his promise to produce these but I can't trust any timeframe when it's already been pushed back so many times. RBT said he's only working on this company for a couple hours a day. He calls it a hobby.

I would like to buy one when production starts, but not if the price actually rises to the $420 listed. That's way too much for any vape in my eyes. I have like 20 amazing vapes and none of them cost that much. Lots of them are handcrafted by "companies" that are just one dedicated person. I've added regulation to my Mi via power cord and while it's great, it still doesn't justify that much money IMO.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Still pretty worth it to me, in my experience it is a total VAS killer, but to each their own. It offers more than just regulation comparing to the Milaana, its kinda the most ideal vape I've used

He's still working on wrapping up the Milaana bodies so he can switch over to the Zion set up to finally get them all made and out to everyone

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I know the zions still seem to bit of a ways off, but it has been so long since I ordered (August '15) I don't recall what is supposed to come with them. I figure I already have most of what I need (batteries/charger and stems), but I am curious if anyone remembers what is supposed to come with the zion.

fluffhead,
Reactions: grokit

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I know the zions still seem to bit of a ways off, but it has been so long since I ordered (August '15) I don't recall what is supposed to come with them. I figure I already have most of what I need (batteries/charger and stems), but I am curious if anyone remembers what is supposed to come with the zion.
Stems, screens and set of batteries. Stir tool.

Shit Snacks

Yeah supposed to be long stem, medium stem (fits with cap) a few screens and the stir tool, I think it might come with one pair of batteries too, but that may depend on if you ordered them or not (like the charger)

turk

turk
...think you had only one option...maybe wrong...but I believe it comes with everything..

turk,

Shit Snacks

...think you had only one option...maybe wrong...but I believe it comes with everything..

Na it was sold at 3 different times, at different prices, different packages. Originally it was just the unit alone with two stems for $150 (what I paid) and batteries were 4 for $40 or 2 for $24. Later Milaana started coming with a battery after originally being sold alone too, and I recall maybe Zion was said to be coming with a pair as well then, so people use the right ones.

little maggie

This is definitely the longest I've waited on a preorder in my life (about 16 months!)... obviously I'm not a hopper owner! Honestly though, it would be nice to get an email or something, I find myself getting paranoid that my preorder will be forgotten. I know that's crazy, but like i said, this is uncharted water for me and I can't help but feeling nervous.
I waited a bit longer for my HI than most of the Zion preorders. )Mine was one of the original preorders so longer than 16 months). I guess it's different since the HI wasn't a preorder but a long long wait.
Still I'm ok waiting. It's been quite a struggle for RBT but at least he's not disappearing like Trihouse.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I waited a bit longer for my HI than most of the Zion preorders. )Mine was one of the original preorders so longer than 16 months). I guess it's different since the HI wasn't a preorder but a long long wait.
Still I'm ok waiting. It's been quite a struggle for RBT but at least he's not disappearing like Trihouse.

Apples to oranges. Being on a list is different than paying money to be on a list.

I would like to buy one when production starts, but not if the price actually rises to the $420 listed.

The $150 was fair enough with regards to it being interest free loan/kickstart, but the price has risen and risen (270,300,330,369, final asking price of $420)

I'm not really sure who marketed too either other than niche people on FC. People who like simplicity in their vapes, IMO, won't pay upwards of $420 for that simplicity. You can get American made wood, glass, and class for half that price.... Simplicity should keep the cost down. At $400 you are getting into the range of "high tech" and I don't know why I wouldn't just spend $80 more at $420 and get microprocessor controlled Herbalizer or save myself $20 and get an EVO + Glass, etc. Not trying to be confrontational, but I do think these are crazy overpriced :2c:

I'll go back to the corner now

Shit Snacks

Just want to mention, again, that I sold my Evo when I had Zion back (and only bought it after I had and lost Zion) so I absolutely believe them to be comparable in performance and practicality... Ofcourse there are differences but they're trade offs as each has pros and cons... And remember there may only be 200 of these lovelies in existence, so paying for handcrafted uniqueness i suppose too. Ultimately they are priced based on the work and everything they involved, including a lack of demand for broader market as you say. These really are just for the FC crowd of hardcore vaporists in the end, that was learned a while ago and that's why there will be other more accessible models in the future... I'm sure some Milaana owners won't get Zions but the next creation after it (which could do better than Milaana too) but I don't know, all I can say is having been around the block with many many vaporizers including low end and top tier, I still think Zion is the overall best and worth whatever price it commands
:2c::peace:

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Oh brother, there are so many vapes on the market that are (imo) not deserving of my hard earned cash due to one or more various factors, such as price; function; performance and materials - yet I tend not to post my negativity in those threads. I do my research, discover they are not for me, then I move on.

And I especially don't go into those threads and start telling everyone that I think the vape is over-priced!

But that's me.

The Zion is not for you @HellsWindStaff. Believe me, we get it! ;)

lEjRhr7.jpg

PeaceBeWithYou.
:peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Oh brother, there are so many vapes on the market that are (imo) not deserving of my hard earned cash due to one or more various factors, such as price; function; performance and materials - yet I tend not to post my negativity in those threads. I do my research, discover they are not for me, then I move on.

And I especially don't go into those threads and start telling everyone that I think the vape is over-priced!

But that's me.

The Zion is not for you @HellsWindStaff. Believe me, we get it! ;)

lEjRhr7.jpg

PeaceBeWithYou.

You didn't think you were the only cool kid in town did you??

Patiently waiting for my Zion since February 3rdish, and it's easy with the Milaana. These babies were better than I ever thought possible from a portable, and I couldn't be happier to be on the Zion preorder.
Soon....everything comes in good time.

LCkelZ4.jpg

Edit: for those of you disliking the price...
The Milaana on the right was more expensive than my Zion pre order ;) .. Just teasing tho, I agree, 420 is a very steep price for any vape, but I have faith it'll be lowered eventually once everything is moving smoothly.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
And remember there may only be 200 of these lovelies in existence, so paying for handcrafted uniqueness i suppose too.

Maybe at some point but we've heard that song and dance before and the # has stayed at 10. So even rarer :D

Ultimately they are priced based on the work and everything they involved, including a lack of demand for broader market as you say.

This is why I questioned who they are marketed too. You're saying they are priced high because of a lack of a demand from a broader market. But, that's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying, they lack demand from a broader market, because they are priced high. (And the fact they don't really exist sans the 10)

I still think Zion is the overall best and worth whatever price it commands

It's by and large the most expensive vape on your roster easily by at least $100. I'm aware you didn't pay list, but I would hope that at that listed price point that it works great (seems like it does). Just saying, seems quite high...you did keep your $150-$200 Hydrotube from your $400 EVO package right? $420 is high (period for any vape too) no matter how you cut it.

But that's me.

Most vapes, IMO, are overpriced. It's a niche market. I can accept that markup across the board. But when your marketing strategy was "American Made Simplicity" with the idea of it being a device with minimal breakable parts and minimal things that can go wrong and minimal design/formfactor, etc, I don't understand the MO of rising the price. Hairdryer heater in a block of wood with regulation is beautifully simple and effective seems like (I'm not saying this sarcastically..all 10 of you love em so there is something to it...)....so why the $ of something more complex?

$150 and $270 and $300 and $330 and $369 and $420. They were able to be sold at those lower prices before is all I'm saying and that better fit in with the mold of the simplicity nature of the device. $270 of price increases later, with nothing to really show for why. M

Literally the only news of any value in this thread for the last year + is the new hikes in price. ( I do love the pictures though :) ) Should it not be mentioned? The vape is closer to vaporware than not...2 year old thread, 10 of you. So what do the rest of us talk about? We can only reminisce about the beauty of long and short stems so much ;)......so nothing? Fair enough...? But there has been news because the price has risen and risen. I do think it's pertinent to comment on the price when it's rose 4-5 times. I feel it's the only thing worth talking about, since it's the only actual news.....just was reiterating what @ZC said and agreeing with his PoV.

The Zion is not for you @HellsWindStaff. Believe me, we get it!

It may be but probably will never try one :lol: if they ever reach more than 10 than I will consider buying one at the list price but again reiterating what has been said by other members, that price is too much for me but hey he can do what he wants, no skin off our bones.

@AJS I have faith he will eventually fulfill the orders placed (Q1 2017?) but the trend has been an increase in $ everytime, so while I can say I admire your faith I do find it unrealistic :p just statistically speaking that has never happened yet here lol.

Have a good weekend guys, wasn't trying to poo poo "the precioussss" :) just saying I didn't understand the dichotomy between the OG Price and the current listed price for literally the exact same $150 product that touted/marketed itself on simple parts.

Edit: This looks like such a novel on the page! :lol:

ZC

Yeah while I respect and enjoy @VegNVape 's outlook on price, I can't agree with it. This is a vape review forum, and part of any good review is assessing value for money.

And as @HellsWindStaff has said, we have hundreds of dollars in price hikes with absolutely nothing to show for it. I know RBT has to price his vapes so he makes money, but customers also have to be able to afford and justify that price, and right now I don't see that part going in a good direction.

All I can do as a Mi customer and prospective Zion customer is post how I feel about the price. I'm not gonna beat a dead horse, I've said how I feel. I just want to reiterate that I think discussion of price is as important to any review-like discussion and shouldn't be considered taboo.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Alrighty... There are a couple members in this thread who are not actual Zion customers and have voiced their opinions on the price hikes several times now.. and it needs to stop. I am not trying to squash the conversation regarding this, but when you make essentially the same post more than once voicing displeasure with any facet of any vape manufacturer it falls into the realm of breaking this rule:

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
  • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
You all know who you are. Please don't make me break out the whip or thread ban you.

Top Bottom