Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Maybe at some point but we've heard that song and dance before and the # has stayed at 10. So even rarer :D

This is why I questioned who they are marketed too. You're saying they are priced high because of a lack of a demand from a broader market. But, that's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying, they lack demand from a broader market, because they are priced high. (And the fact they don't really exist sans the 10)

It's by and large the most expensive vape on your roster easily by at least $100. I'm aware you didn't pay list, but I would hope that at that listed price point that it works great (seems like it does). Just saying, seems quite high...you did keep your $150-$200 Hydrotube from your $400 EVO package right? $420 is high (period for any vape too) no matter how you cut it.

Most vapes, IMO, are overpriced. It's a niche market. I can accept that markup across the board. But when your marketing strategy was "American Made Simplicity" with the idea of it being a device with minimal breakable parts and minimal things that can go wrong and minimal design/formfactor, etc, I don't understand the MO of rising the price. Hairdryer heater in a block of wood with regulation is beautifully simple and effective seems like (I'm not saying this sarcastically..all 10 of you love em so there is something to it...)....so why the $ of something more complex?

$150 and $270 and $300 and $330 and $369 and $420. They were able to be sold at those lower prices before is all I'm saying and that better fit in with the mold of the simplicity nature of the device. $270 of price increases later, with nothing to really show for why. M

Literally the only news of any value in this thread for the last year + is the new hikes in price. ( I do love the pictures though :) ) Should it not be mentioned? The vape is closer to vaporware than not...2 year old thread, 10 of you. So what do the rest of us talk about? We can only reminisce about the beauty of long and short stems so much ;)......so nothing? Fair enough...? But there has been news because the price has risen and risen. I do think it's pertinent to comment on the price when it's rose 4-5 times. I feel it's the only thing worth talking about, since it's the only actual news.....just was reiterating what @ZC said and agreeing with his PoV.

It may be but probably will never try one :lol: if they ever reach more than 10 than I will consider buying one at the list price but again reiterating what has been said by other members, that price is too much for me but hey he can do what he wants, no skin off our bones.

@AJS I have faith he will eventually fulfill the orders placed (Q1 2017?) but the trend has been an increase in $ everytime, so while I can say I admire your faith I do find it unrealistic :p just statistically speaking that has never happened yet here lol.

Have a good weekend guys, wasn't trying to poo poo "the precioussss" :) just saying I didn't understand the dichotomy between the OG Price and the current listed price for literally the exact same $150 product that touted/marketed itself on simple parts.

Edit: This looks like such a novel on the page! :lol:

There's so much false info in here I can't respond to it all with my own novel, just will say that A more than 10 exist, B they were priced lower before and no one cared, C it will only be 200 bc he has the bodies pre cut and ready, D the heater was redesigned to be more complex (reason for initial delay) and it is definitely noticeably better as a result (not a hair dryer? I have a hair dryer, this is way way different...)

I agree most all vapes are overpriced, life in the niche, and he specifically raised the price to properly reflect the ordeal of producing them, match the market and his modest standing in it, while limiting the demand even further. He doesn't want to build more than 200, simple or not, it's still not as simple as it originally was, not as simple as Milaana... The learnings from this will make for faster/cheaper/simpler follow up products in the coming years

So yeah, I get you're not trying to poo poo or rain on parades, but when you say everything is exactly the same as when it was $150 that's just not true, sorry man I just can't let that stand without a reply :peace: and sorry to everyone else

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There's so much false info in here I can't respond to it all with my own novel, just will say that A more than 10 exist, B they were priced lower before and no one cared, C it will only be 200 bc he has the bodies pre cut and ready, D the heater was redesigned to be more complex (reason for initial delay) and it is definitely better as a result (not a hair dryer? I have a hair dryer, this is way way different...)

I agree most vapes are overpriced, life in the niche, and he specifically raised the price to properly reflect the ordeal of producing them, while limiting the demand even further. He doesn't want to build more than 200, simple or not, it's still not as simple as it originally was, not as simple as Milaana... The learnings from this will make for faster/cheaper/simpler follow up products in the coming years

So yeah, I get you're not trying to poo poo or rain on parades, but when you say it's exactly the same as when it was $150 that's just not true, sorry man I just can't let that stand without a reply :peace: and sorry to everyone else
If you perpetuate the conversation regarding pricing by justifying it, I would imagine you will get a reply? :cool:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Quick price thought. I have said it before.

I use the Zion more than any other vape. More than the Evo, Herbalizer, Supreme 3, Vapolution 3, Grasshopper, ect.

Does that mean it is the "best" vape on the market? Not for everyone, but IMO the Zi is the best direct draw vape on the market, not just best direct draw portable. The fact it doesn't need to be plugged in is simply a huge bonus. It vapes nug chunks unground like no other plug in desktop or battery powered portable on the market. It is fast, flavorful, devine.

Would i WANT to pay $400 for a Zion? Hell no. That said, if my Zion died or got lost and $400 was what i would have to pay to get a new one i certainly would. Hell id sell off a bunch of other vapes if i had to.

For dry hits, and personal daily use i personally feel the Zion is the best of the best. But ultimately one must make their own decision on the value.

Edit. Just a reminder, i was a paying customer too, although i jumped on board when the Zion was still under $200

Last edited:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
FWIW mine is Number 13, and hand signed. So I named her after this little ditty...

Does it have a tattoed tit?

The first Pixies song i ever heard in fact, and i was hooked. (still am)

My 2 cents on the 'price rise' issue is that all prices at least up to $200 or maybe $229 were pre order prices and thus never a reflection of, and much lower than, the final price, whatever that was going to be.

That is why i jumped on board as i knew it was a saving of $100 at the very least. Turns out to have been a mich more massive saving than i had anticipated.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think you have one of the last ones. Mine was 20 and had to be returned.
And as far as I'm concerned if someone chose not to preorder then they chose to pay a higher price.
I suspect I've been waiting the longest for my zion.

Yeah 20 and the 10 betas, so more like 30 give or take if we wanna get technical (a while ago I did work it out with a run down of all the known wild Zions, if anyone wants to search, or scroll back and check my math ;)) and I agree with Krazy, I'd give up all my other vapes if i had to for Zion, one size fits all vapor :tup:

killick

But I like it!
Oddly enough my Zion is waiting to go back to the hospital. I'm slow at that because I now have 2 Millies in her place. It's amazing how handy these widgets are. And for those that are twitchy of the Zion price, and who isn't, there are some darn good vapes out there. Heck, start with a Milaana and that might be just the ticket. Zion was ensuring my session vapes get very little action. By the time they are heated I've moved onto something else. Which means they are now more for special occasions. Like tonight - I found The Wall on Bluray - that outta be enough time to warm up...

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Yeah while I respect and enjoy @VegNVape 's outlook on price, I can't agree with it. This is a vape review forum, and part of any good review is assessing value for money.
O.k. now just to be clear - I have no issue with others assessing value for money when it comes to vape hardware - and as you've already said, this is a dedicated vaporizer forum after all, and price is certainly a major consideration for most.

However, it does get very old very fast when those same few names keep cropping up in the thread regurgitating usually already aired and nearly always negative opinions. There is no value in that imo, and as far as I can see it only serves to create friction and divide our community - with the added bonus of potentially hurting the manufacturer. This is especially irksome when those continually criticising (or 'assessing') have no actual first-hand experience of the device in question.

And anyway, as highlighted in the post above by @Office_Printer - the perceived value of anything is ultimately completely subjective. So sure, anyone can post that a device is what they perceive to be as over-priced, and therefore out of their range. But then please move along . . . . :tup:
FWIW mine is Number 13, and hand signed. So I named her after this little ditty...
Ah, my lucky number . . .

I do love the pictures though
Just for you, bro :)
LL3yNBH.jpg

Ms2fx9D.jpg

821832smilie011.gif

Peace+GoodWill2All!
:peace:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Nobody can really leave much honest feedback on here anymore without getting swept under the rug by defensive product owners and the FC Status quo beta testers who never have anything bad to say about anything as long as manufacturers keep hooking them up with new toys. This site is still cool, but it was great 3 years ago when you could actually openly express question and concern about a product. I would like to see a rule implemented where beta testers / compensated reviewers must disclose their relationship with these companies so the rest of us "little guys" can filter the bias. When you've been here long enough you start noticing strange always positive comments even when they allude to not really liking the vape. Most of these brands already know what's good about their product, sorry if some people can't handle one drop of rain on their little parade but what really hurts manufacturers it's not knowing why people ARENT buying their product.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Nobody can really leave much honest feedback on here anymore without getting swept under the rug by defensive product owners and the FC Status quo beta testers who never have anything bad to say about anything as long as manufacturers keep hooking them up with new toys.
This is untrue imo. I am an early customer & I paid for my device. And fear not, you can be honest here with your opinion - you & many other members have demonstrated that.
sorry if some people can't handle one drop of rain on their little parade
I say bring the rain, brother - but don't get upset cuz we brought brollies! :)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I've always been extremely clear about my relationships with the manufacturers when I'm doing reviews. I've never refrained a single time to express openly my criticism and negative opinions. Just re-read the FlowerMate8, Herbstick Deluxe and Elo threads for clear unambiguous examples.

With Ryan/RBT, I've been literally a pain in his ass during the entire development phase, nagging him about materials safety and possible improvements.

Now that the devices are out you don't see me saying negative things because there simply are none to say: they are the best vapes I used so far, period. You can nitpick 'til the end of the night but that won't change the reality.

For the current price yes it's probably too high, but that's precisely what Ryan with his twisted mind wants, don't ask me to justify his choices. He has his reasons.

Now keep in mind most log vapes are pricey and they are just a cartridge or ceramic rod heater plus a stem holder inside a turned piece of wood. Here we are talking about a custom hand assembled heater, some electronics, several glass and mica parts, inside a wooden body requiring much more machining operations.

If it's as cheap or easy to make as some of you pretend, I invite you to build your own and show us the results. You might even try to start your own company while you're at it. I wish you good luck because you will definitely need it!

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Nobody can really leave much honest feedback on here anymore without getting swept under the rug by defensive product owners and the FC Status quo beta testers who never have anything bad to say about anything as long as manufacturers keep hooking them up with new toys. This site is still cool, but it was great 3 years ago when you could actually openly express question and concern about a product. I would like to see a rule implemented where beta testers / compensated reviewers must disclose their relationship with these companies so the rest of us "little guys" can filter the bias. When you've been here long enough you start noticing strange always positive comments even when they allude to not really liking the vape. Most of these brands already know what's good about their product, sorry if some people can't handle one drop of rain on their little parade but what really hurts manufacturers it's not knowing why people ARENT buying their product.

Like i just said above i paid to play on the Zion. In fact, the majority of the testers did. If i was still waiting, i would likely be unhappy, probably would have requested a refund by now. That said, damn glad my ego didn't get me because i would have missed out on a vape that for me, is a game changer.

Also, if you watch my Zion and Milaana videos i do make some negative comments about the stem system, the learning curve, unregulated nature of the Mi, ect. I also have commented on the pitfalls of the Zion/Milaana in their respected thread. No need for me to reiterate them all now, but they have been said.

So, @inverteddisdead, to say beta testers "never have anything bad to say about anything" is utter bullshit. I paid for this device and if i was at all dissatisfied i would certainly be vocal about it. I am not coy in this way.

But i think the fact is, those who have tried the Zion really really like it. That includes myself who has a very extensive vape collection and has been an FC member for over 7 years (my first time beta testing was the VXC Cloud around 5yrs ago), and someone like Stickstones who has a even more vast collection and was the second member of this forum.

I will not recommend a vape and build it up if i don't honestly believe it. I have bought multiple vapes i never use, that i was unsatisfied with. I certainly don't want to stear someone into doing the same.

The Zion isn't perfect. No vape is, but IMO saying i personally believe it to be the best direct draw on the market and my most used vape, is a pretty hefty endorsement considering all the vapes i own (please see signature).

Ok. Cheers all. About to Zion.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Notice I didn't call anybody out, because I knew they couldn't resist revealing themselves.

There's nothing to reveal, you just have to read this thread to know exactly who participated in the Zion alpha and beta testing phases.

In all my other reviews I made an explicit introduction explaining how I got my sample unit, if I got it for free and it it was part of a pre-production test run. I have no website nor blog to generate ad revenue from, no financial nor any vested interest in any of the companies I helped so far.

In order to reveal things you need to have something to hide in the first place. This is not the case for me.

I literally said not one single word about RBT or Zion or any specific product at all and look at the comments. Look at how desperate some members are to defend what was not even criticized! WHY?

This is the Zion thread, so we discuss RBT products here, that's the idea.

I didn't call anybody out, why do you think I was answering you? :p

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nobody can really leave much honest feedback on here anymore without getting swept under the rug by defensive product owners and the FC Status quo beta testers who never have anything bad to say about anything as long as manufacturers keep hooking them up with new toys.
This statement is impugning the integrity of a handful of FC members that are beta testers (most paid for the privilege btw). It's insulting and begs for replies from those impugned.
I literally said not one single word about RBT or Zion or any specific product at all and look at the comments. Look at how desperate some members are to defend what was not even criticized! WHY?
You are posting in the Zion thread, so unless you were attempting to make the most OT post in history, the implication was clear and feigning otherwise is just silly; edited post notwithstanding.

You are free to criticize of course, but broad generalizations like those you have made do nothing to add to the value of this thread and only causes to disrupt the harmony of the thread and FC in general. Please keep that in mind going forward.

Thank you.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This statement is impugning the integrity of a handful of FC members that are beta testers (most paid for the privilege btw). It's insulting and begs for replies from those impugned.

You are posting in the Zion thread, so unless you were attempting to make the most OT post in history, the implication was clear and feigning otherwise is just silly; edited post notwithstanding.

You are free to criticize of course, but broad generalizations like those you have made do nothing to add to the value of this thread and only causes to disrupt the harmony of the thread and FC in general. Please keep that in mind going forward.

Thank you.

Do you think everyone that liked my post did so because I'm a self righteous asshole, or do you think they did so because they see a valid point? It's easy to dismiss my post but the fact is others agree; why won't you consider WHY?

Also, Ryan from RBT has personally reached out to me via PM thanking me for some of my suggestions on his business, so I have to say you are plain off base regarding any "implications." My post was clearly not a dig at RBT or Zion whatsoever, and I'm absolutely a potential Zion customer; this just so happened to be where I spoke up about a certain FC FISHYNESS that other members clearly see.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Do you think everyone that liked my post did so because I'm a self righteous asshole, or do you think they did so because they see a valid point? It's easy to dismiss my post but the fact is others agree; why won't you consider WHY?

Also, Ryan from RBT has personally reached out to me via PM thanking me for some of my suggestions on his business, so I have to say you are plain off base regarding any "implications." My post was clearly not a dig at RBT or Zion whatsoever, and I'm absolutely a potential Zion customer; this just so happened to be where I spoke up about a certain FC FISHYNESS that other members clearly see.
I'm sorry that you mis-interpreted my post as an invitation to continue discussing the topic in this thread. Feel free to discuss whatever you like privately amongst yourselves, but keep it out of this thread or warning points will start flying.:goon:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Need more pics and videos if I'm going to start saving my pennies now. :)

Where's that dude with that massive water attachment. Please man. We need sweet sweet videos.

I see no reason to think too hard about spending whatever is asked (within reason...) after having experiencing how sweet Mi is.

muunch,
Reactions: VegNVape
Top Bottom