Discontinued Zion vaporizer

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
There's so much false info in here I can't respond to it all with my own novel, just will say that A more than 10 exist, B they were priced lower before and no one cared, C it will only be 200 bc he has the bodies pre cut and ready, D the heater was redesigned to be more complex (reason for initial delay) and it is definitely noticeably better as a result (not a hair dryer? I have a hair dryer, this is way way different...)

A) 27?, not counting madcaps, Mephisto, Maggie. My mistake I knew they were cutoff but forgot the betas, tkw, peanut, etc.

B) Ok. But you even say later in this post that rationale for price rise was to limit demand. But if there wasn't any demand at top, I don't get that, (not for me to get and horse been beat) from a business standpoint.

C) valid increase to the rarity imo

D) I was cursed with bald genes. I don't have a hair dryer :p when was it redesigned? I member someone took one apart and the insides resembled this

x1i2uFT.jpg

And a hair dryer is high surface area with quick heat up too :) just wondering how it's different or has been changed? Or way different? It seems like it works/worked good.

Hope this isn't construed as me harping on price, genuinely interested in heater

HellsWindStaff,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
A) 27?, not counting madcaps, Mephisto, Maggie. My mistake I knew they were cutoff but forgot the betas, tkw, peanut, etc.

B) Ok. But you even say later in this post that rationale for price rise was to limit demand. But if there wasn't any demand at top, I don't get that, (not for me to get and horse been beat) from a business standpoint.

C) valid increase to the rarity imo

D) I was cursed with bald genes. I don't have a hair dryer :p when was it redesigned? I member someone took one apart and the insides resembled this

x1i2uFT.jpg

And a hair dryer is high surface area with quick heat up too :) just wondering how it's different or has been changed? Or way different? It seems like it works/worked good.

Hope this isn't construed as me harping on price, genuinely interested in heater

Not to go into detail, but the heater looks nothing like that and I really don't feel like explaining how they're different, it should be obvious imo even without hair lol (but a hairdryer might make a hell of a vape itself!)

Re Demand: hypothetically it would be like, not enough people are interested, and they're a bitch to make, so need to price them based on that making each unit more money to offset the cost of building them, otherwise it's too much of a loss (and all who have one endorsed the value of the vape and agreed price could be raised given those factors and the quality of performance/materials, plus labor)

Could be more than 27, we don't know exactly, best I can say is, again, check my post working it out bc I think I got pretty close. There were more inaccuracies, those were just the most glaring. If you want to discuss further we should take it to PM instead of cluttering this already very cluttered thread further
:2c::peace:

killick

But I like it!
@VegNVape I forgot about them! They look awesome. It would be great to take one out for a testdrive, but it looks like a connoisseur device, and I'm more cannasewer these days - I'm kinda waiting for RBT to come up with something like TOD, but maybe with a huge chamber. Do they make a 45mm joint?

slatihe

Sorry I'm a bit out the loop here. Just jumping in mostly to say hi and see whats going on. Been a sleep on the ZION train (coma?) for quite some time now... Where are we?

-I see price increases and some bummed feelings about that...
I don't think that its that absurdly expensive now. Looking, at the pricing of the Mighty... I'd say its not THAT bad of a price for a JUST released unit (if slightly on the high side). I know I paid a lot less for my pre-order that I'm STILL waiting on but if I could just go grab one off the shelf right now so to speak...

I don't know, the Mighty was/is EXPENSIVE... And vapes tend to be expensive in general.

-And a comparison to hair drier elements...
Hair aside, there ARE similarities as well... Seen my Millianna heater and well... Not willing argue about it, but i think I'd be a liar if I said they weren't... kinda similar. There are some differences sure but... Yeah, any way...

It freaking works grate and it's reliable, that's honestly all that really matters IMO... I just want want to get mine all ready...And whats going on with TOD pre-orders any way? Was it canned? (sorry if asking in wrong place).

Was fun sharing my stinky opinions. :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Happy New Year to you too, @Nete88, and to all of our members and RBT customers.

I think we will soon have some action in this thread, but until then, Keep your Batteries charged, Your stems ready, and Your goods within easy reach.

2017 is going to be a crazy year. Somehow I have a feeling that I will spend more of it stoned than previous years, and I expect ZION to help a lot with that.

Bring on 2017!!!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey Zionites. I hope the holidays where good to you all. Santa brought me a batch of completed Milaana wood as promised. This will allow us to get the Milaana sales going again which will provide funding to get Zion going again. In the coming weeks we will be procuring the last of the parts to get Milaana assembly going. Once Milaana sales are underway, the focus will shift to finalizing Zion changes, then adding some improvements that we found manufacturing Milaana, and then getting both unit assembly and the wood working completed so Zion builds can run full tilt.

A plan and updates will start with the new year but the high level today is:

Jan
Complete testing of Zion revisions
Work with @cannabis.pro to fabricate electronics
Begin wood production

Feb
Complete wood and electronics fabrication
Begin small batch assembly and ship (1-5 per week)

March
Full production assembly (5-10 / week)

June
Complete back-orders

Thanks to everyone for hanging in there and being patient. It's a great feeling to finally get back to Zion with Milaana pretty much in the bag Zion should go fast. Rest assured that Zion will be completed prior to any significant time investment into the Mi-Log or the Mi-510 designs. @Alan will be doing the majority of the development for the Mi-Log power supply the first half of the year and @thekarmawhore will be doing the heavy lifting in the 510 design department which will leave me to focus on Zion while still advancing the RBT brand.

Thanks again for all of your support... Let's make 2017 the year the Zion train proudly leaves the station. See ya all on board.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1CHcgQXgAApG5P.jpg

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey Zionites. I hope the holidays where good to you all. Santa brought me a batch of completed Milaana wood as promised. This will allow us to get the Milaana sales going again which will provide funding to get Zion going again. In the coming weeks we will be procuring the last of the parts to get Milaana assembly going. Once Milaana sales are underway, the focus will shift to finalizing Zion changes, then adding some improvements that we found manufacturing Milaana, and then getting both unit assembly and the wood working completed so Zion builds can run full tilt.

Jan
Begin wood production

Feb

March

June
Complete back-orders

Thanks to everyone for hanging in there and being patient. It's a great feeling to finally get back to Zion with Milaana pretty much in the bag Zion should go fast. Rest assured that Zion will be completed prior to any significant time investment into the Mi-Log or the Mi-510 designs. @Alan will be doing the majority of the development for the Mi-Log power supply the first half of the year and @thekarmawhore will be doing the heavy lifting in the 510 design department which will leave me to focus on Zion while still advancing the RBT brand.

Thanks again for all of your support... Let's make 2017 the year the Zion train proudly leaves the station. See ya all on board.

Have my babies please omg. So excited.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Jan
Begin wood production

Feb

March

June
Complete back-orders

Thanks so much for the update and timeline!! Love my Mi so much and so anxious to get my Zion.

Glad all going well with Mi and hope sales skyrocket in 2017. Great vape many would love and I'm sure will purchase once they know of it.

Happy New Year to you and the rest of the RBT team!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, one of my battery pairs is aging out so I need to pick up another. The 2 pairs for the Zion are the yellow HE4s, and they have been fine, but I am using the brown HG2s for Bam Bam and I wonder if I should get a pair of them for Venus, or hopefully, for the new Zion that I hope to see relatively soon. What are you guys using?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
They are slightly under-rated and the LG HG2 is slightly over-rated. All these cells, including the new Sony VTC6 are about 18A continuous and 3000mAh. The 30Q is the cheapest and the VTC6 the priciest but they are in the same league.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ults-a-great-battery-equaling-hg2-30q.754649/

...and following...

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-vs-samsung-30q-vs-sony-vtc6-shootout.757553/

I haven't tested the VTC6 but the 30Q is my new favorite and it has a funky pink color.

EDIT: interesting extract from the second thread >> "The VTC6 datasheet in the last page reports an astonishing poor cycle performace : after 300 cycles @10 A the VTC6 retains a min. of 53% of its initial capacity."

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
I share the enthusiasm and hope that the 3 of us will be reunited with our Zion returns very soon.

Heck yeh, getting back to the stranded three makes me so so happy :)

Great news... Milaana is just about caught up which means in a few weeks we will be ahead of the small demand allowing us to really focus on Zion.

RBT has chosen to focus marketing efforts on Instagram. We will be dropping pics and vids of Milaana from the past along with real time pictures of Zion to keep everyone in the loop.

RBT will be limiting retail sales of Milaana to ensure Zion is expeditiously completed. Projects like the Log and 510 will be minimal until all Zion pre-orders are complete. All Zion/Milaana, Zion and Milaana owners will receive right of first refusal and special pricing for the 510 and the Log Heat Island partnership projects. This both allows RBT to say thanks but also stack the deck with elite, knowledgeable, professional (in most cases lol) vaporist who are encouraged to stay for life ;)

I can't thank all of you loyal supporters enough. I don't blame folks for getting upset, heck, I would... but I do very much appreciate that you all hung in there and believed in RBT. Now I can use my Milaana trained hands to give you Zion's you never would have had. Man, this is going to be such a blast!

So, yeh, I have another sander on the way to run one more finer grit, have these new ultra fine 3M sanding sponges to try, and working on a solution to give the voltage knob that feel of a 1996 high-end receiver... if the knob fits, wear it :).

Last edited:
Top Bottom