Zephyr Ion

Aesan

Hello All,
I have owned my Zephyr Ion for about a week now, and I will never use my Volcano Classic again.

I purchased the Zephyr after reading/hearing first hand many reviews. Even though I originally wanted a digital Volcano, I could not bring myself to give that kind of money to a company I had already given over $500 to. I have used the digital Volcano and I can see virtually no advantage to the digital volcano over the Zephyr.

I have ZERO leak, and I feel like the temp is exactly perfect every single time. I could not be happier with my Zephyr. I just wish the Software was out already so I could take full advantage of my purchase, However I would not be able to knock it down a notch for anything at all.

If you are in the market for a bag vaporizer- the only clear choice to me is the Zephyr. 5/5

By the way I purchased mine for $295 after tax at a local shop.

Aesan,

Egzoset

Banned
Hummm...

I wonder.

Is the range still 100 F to 440 F or are there plans to include salvia divinorum (465 F) in any eventual/future plans?...

:peace:

Egzoset,

Aesan

yup 100 to 440.... LOL which is not a big deal for me but I could see where it would be to some people.

Also, it did not come with a whip. :/

Aesan,

tireless

Beezleb said:
Good news is always welcome. Hope things continue in this direction.

Zephyr might be about to make their comeback. I recieved an email from Zephyr asking what the problem with my Ion was. I told them and they offered up something for me to try.

"Have you tried dialing down the temp to 100*F and then changing to Celsius by pressing both the plus and minus buttons at the same time and then pressing them both again to change back to Fahrenheit? Give this a shot and if it doesn't work, we can get the units serviced shortly.

Thanks,
Zephyr"

It worked and my Ion is back on-line... yippee :D must have been something hung in the software

Keep a tab on the website, you may see changes soon :cool:

tireless,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
This is all very good news. This is huge for the vaporizer market, what with the govt finally acknowledging that you can vaporize more than just weed with these things.

aesthyrian,
only if they would have informed their customers before their inavailability of this glitch. I continued to see decline in the speed of the units fan back when I used it in the day. Saw that it was slowing down and those switch over to my more reliable non-forced pumped vapes. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

biojuggernaut,

Beezleb

Good news and thanks for keeping people updated on your experiences with them. I look forward to their accessories being available again.

Beezleb,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Flatland said:
So does the Zephyr Ion still have a problem with leakage?

Not sure what you mean. As long as I keep my Ion clean and replace bags when needed, I don't have any leaks.

CombustionJunction,

Beezleb

Provided the bag and ring is in place correctly their are no issues. Easy enough.

Beezleb,

Raf007

Retailer
Does anyone know if there is an email adress to contact them?

Coz I don't see one and it looks like Bruce is not working for them anymore...and there is no email adress on his profil.

Raf007,

Beezleb

Sorry, does not seem they have a business up. I will believe when I see it but hopefully the ball is headed in the right direction.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
Does anyone know if there is an email adress to contact them?
See post #955 by tireless. If they sent him an email, then he should have an address.

it looks like Bruce is not working for them anymore
He's not. That relationship ended back when customs shut them down.

max,

Flatland

Beezleb said:
Provided the bag and ring is in place correctly their are no issues. Easy enough.

Okay I just got the Ion today and it leaks pretty badly out the side of the straw. I have no idea where it's coming from but it's definitely leaking. Everything seems to be in place correctly.

Flatland,
You need new silicone rings it sounds like. I'd start with ebay or calling puffitup and seeing if randy has any in the back or something. . .

Your bag might be leaking too. Try looking around the base of the mouth where the mouth piece clamps. Is your unit new?

biojuggernaut,
The silicone ring at the top is fucked up. PRESS your bag into the top of your unit should help to get a better seal. Try buying some good medical grade silicon tubing and try using it as a whip; just be wearing about noobs blowing into the vape (happens a lot -__-) it messes with the fan's motor IMO.

biojuggernaut,

Flatland

Pressing it down actually made it worse. I'm still thinking it's the mouthpiece because I'm using the 2nd one that it came with and it's a lot better but still leaking.

Flatland,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I had to flip my o ring once, as it was put in backwards at the factory (I think). Also, push the valve all the way down on the stem when filling up the bag.

stickstones,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Speaking of the O ring.... I remember when I first got mine it used to pop out of place, which makes it leak. The solution is to put the O ring in first, then put the screen in. The screen kind of hold the ring in place. You could give that a try and see if it works out better for you.

CombustionJunction,

Flatland

I'm now using the 2nd O ring that it came with and it's still leaking. I've tried flipping the O ring over and it doesn't help. Again, I don't think it's the unit because I plugged the stem and turned it on and didn't see any leakage. Where can I get parts for the Zephyr now?

Edit: I can pretty much confirm it's the mouthpiece now. I can see vapor coming out of the valve button.

Flatland,
Top Bottom