Zephyr Ion

Im willing to but have no idea what the issue is or how to diagnose what it might be. Or were replacement. Parts may be.

rabbit runner,
I recieved an email from Zephyr a year ago asking what the problem with my Ion was. I told them and they offered up something for me to try.

"Have you tried dialing down the temp to 100*F and then changing to Celsius by pressing both the plus and minus buttons at the same time and then pressing them both again to change back to Fahrenheit? Give this a shot and if it doesn't work, we can get the units serviced shortly."

It worked for me, it's worth a try.

When was it purchased? If it's less than 2 years ago the Zephyr website has a page for requesting an RMA to return them for service under the two year warranty http://zephyrvaporizers.com/service/

respect, tireless
Yah I did this, but no such luck unless there is a trick to it or something. I sent them the request for repair but the one that broke was sent to me by Bruce so I don't have a reicpt

rabbit runner,

Derf

Zephyr is back in business I heard... hopefully they will supply you with a replacement heating core if yours is defective and you feel like replacing it yourself. Otherwise you might be able to ship it to them and just pay them for repairs. If they are reasonable in cost I wouldn't hesitate - the Ion is hands down the best vape I've ever owned or tried IMHO - totally worth it to get it back to life.

Derf,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
They have been "back in business" for a while and nobody has heard a peep.

CentiZen,

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
Hey Guys,

I heard some surprising news earlier this morning from one of my suppliers. I was notified that the Zephyr ION is finally back in stock, and that units are now back in production. I just checked the Zephyr Vaporizers website, and it's been updated for the first time in almost two years. It looks like the Zephyr ION might have a new beginning folks. As soon as I get anymore updates, I'll be sure to pass this along. I'm just now finding out about this, so any details are quite scarce.

Sincerely,
Taylor S.

Modnote: Merged into the Ion thread.

TheOtherSideVapes,
Reactions: Cheesequake

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Taylor, are you capable of ordering replacement parts; namely the bags and bag valves from this supplier at this point in time? I have been trying to get my hands on some of those for ages.

CentiZen,

TheOtherSideVapes

Retailer
Taylor, are you capable of ordering replacement parts; namely the bags and bag valves from this supplier at this point in time? I have been trying to get my hands on some of those for ages.

I'm not sure yet, but I'm trying to find out as soon as possible. I'm also trying to find out 100% for sure that this supplier is selling brand new Zephyrs, and not just NOS units leftover from a couple years ago. I've heard gossip that some retailers are selling leftover units from before Zephyr was shutdown or they've possibly managed to get ahold of old inventory that was eventually released from customs. There's no way I'm going to get the Zephyrs back in stock, unless I know they're really back up and running.

Sincerely,
Taylor

TheOtherSideVapes,
UUmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................I may have a dumb question for Bruce or anyone else with Zephyrs..but how the HELL do you change bags????? I have one i need to replace, but when i grabbed my replacement bags-it was one 10ft bag almost. NO perforations....Its not a like a roll of trashbags, just one big continuous bag with 11 logos...So-did the 400 dollar vaporizer i have purchased screw me on my extra bags and not leave perforations?? Or,am i supposed to cut and melt the end on each bag i want to use???

Sorry if this seems rude-just a lot of money for something as simple as perforated bags to be messed up....
Me too! I "opened" the bags and out lays a 12 foot condom, with only one seal at the end! So cut off the sealed end (too short), resulting in too small a bag after tying it off :lol:. I told local retail seller that the maker of a product costing me $350 should be able to make bags right. He didn't respond much, and didn't have Zephyr replacement bags. So he sold me a 5 bag pack of Phantom bags (I don't recall which other vap it goes on) for $15.
Here's the SOLUTION: Screw the regular Zephyr bags and buy those Phantom bags! They're made extremely well and are even tapered at the one business end that makes it a breeze to fit it over the valve before tying it off.
The BASKET WASHER is my nemesis...the one that fits into the top behind the screen. It's constantly falling out. I don't even know which way it goes into top. Aside from a washer there's a lip that sticks out the inner part. Does that go up or down? The "manual" (not clear) suggests putting the "lip" up, but that's what never works for me getting it in there. Manual then says to try putting the washing lip up in there first and with the screen after it, dome down. To me this would mean top of basket against screen instead of plastic, ruining some of the sealing effects. I need help here...
Idea: Has anyone tried just putting the lip down ON TOP OF THE BASKET and not even messing with fitting it into the top? Help!

jamaicaman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I feel you jamaicaman...that gasket drove me nuts.

I think the long bag you reference is the party bag they included with some units. I used it at a party once and it was fuckin awesome! I think we used two or three loads to full the one bag.

stickstones,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Which company is listed under bbb? If I'm not much mistaken the Zephyr Vaporizers name is just a brand, not the company that made it; and since "Zephyr Vaporizers" is used in all product literature it makes it tough to figure out which company made it.

Today the main distributor of the Ion is Changzhou Runhe Tools Co, but they are only listed as a trading entity by Alibaba, and they mostly deal in power tools. They don't have a BBB rating.

CentiZen,

ghobs

Created this account to make this post... One of my Zephyrs broke down the other day. Worked fine all day and then I went to turn it on in the evening and it was not giving out any heat. I tried the 100 degrees reset and that seemed to make the heat work briefly, but then it shut down again. Of course I was panicking at this time - I love my Zephyrs (best vapes I have ever used). Luckily I have 2 so I was somewhat fearless and decided to take it apart (if you have a warranty - don't do this!). Some of you were asking for pics so I took some - hope these are of use to some of you! Anyway I disconnected the wires and then reconnected them really tight and made sure there were no loose connections. The air flow tube came off at one point too (the wires and tube are barely big enough for the unit) but that was fairly easy to put back on. Anyways, I managed to take it apart and put it back together with no issues or problems. Once back together, the unit worked perfectly again! So if you are experiencing the same problem as me and the 100 degree reset doesn't work, maybe try opening up the unit and making sure all of your connections are tight. I would say this is pretty easy as long as you are careful - I repair electronics but I think anybody with a philips head screwdriver could probably do this as long as they are careful.

Ok shoot I don't know how to post the pics - they are not URLs. If anybody wants to see em just let me know how to post them or where to upload them to so that they are URLs.

ghobs,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well, I usually prefer to use TinyPic to upload my pictures and it will create several URL's for you. Copy and past the ones that start with [.IMG] (without .) into your post and they will show up here.

Be sure to choose the crop option and set it to message board size too.

CentiZen,

ghobs

xeicrm.jpg

33e2zae.jpg

io24v6.jpg

ghobs

Well, I usually prefer to use TinyPic to upload my pictures and it will create several URL's for you. Copy and past the ones that start with [.IMG] (without .) into your post and they will show up here.

Be sure to choose the crop option and set it to message board size too.

Don't know if I followed all of your instructions properly but it seemed to work. I like that TinyPic. Useful little tool.

ghobs,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Oh yeah baby, show us your chips...

@hippiedickie good to know I'm not the only one ;)

I have to say, the unit looks really well built; but is that heater wrapped up in something? That might be contributing to the seeming low life span some units are getting.

CentiZen,
Reactions: ghobs

ghobs

Oh yeah baby, show us your chips...

@hippiedickie good to know I'm not the only one ;)

I have to say, the unit looks really well built; but is that heater wrapped up in something? That might be contributing to the seeming low life span some units are getting.

Glad you guys enjoyed. Yes it is wrapped in something that I guess is meant to absorb the heat. Not the greatest of materials. Everything else looked very clean though and well built - although they could have gone a little easier on the glue. I guess better too much than too little.

ghobs,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Looks like a hybrid of EQ and cano. Electronics look like in the EQ and the heater like in the cano. I also love seeing vapes inside :). Now I want to see a Cloud inside. Someone? :D

Seek,

TheOtherSideVapes

Retailer
I'm not sure yet, but I'm trying to find out as soon as possible. I'm also trying to find out 100% for sure that this supplier is selling brand new Zephyrs, and not just NOS units leftover from a couple years ago. I've heard gossip that some retailers are selling leftover units from before Zephyr was shutdown or they've possibly managed to get ahold of old inventory that was eventually released from customs. There's no way I'm going to get the Zephyrs back in stock, unless I know they're really back up and running.

Sincerely,
Taylor

Hey Guys,

Well I've got an update on the Zephyr situation, and supposedly everything is legit about them starting back up. I just got the new Zephyr IONs in stock, and I can definitely tell that these are freshly produced units, and not just NOS (new old stock) Zephyrs from before the company was shutdown.

There are a few changes in the new version:
- The product packaging has changed from black and green, to black and blue.
- The temperature controls now operate slightly differently. The temperature is now adjustable by the individual degree, instead of like two or four degrees at a time (it's been a while since I've used an original Zephyr, so I forgot the exact number of degrees it changes when you toggle the up or down arrows);
- There is now a liquid pad included with the Zephyr, similar to what's in the Volcano or Plenty Vaporizers
- There is now a lavender aromatherapy herb sample included in the package.

I just spoke to a representative of Zephyr Vaporizers on the phone yesterday, and I placed an order for Zephyr ION replacement parts. I'm hoping to have these in stock within about 2-3 weeks. They're still in the early stages of getting setup again in the United States, but Zephyr is definitely back...

Sincerely,
Taylor

Top Bottom