Zephyr Ion

Abysm

I dunno if this is off-topic, but I was wondering how much you managed to sell your used ion for?

I am trying to decide if it is worth keeping mine.

Abysm,

Slow Twitch

My Zephyr Ion, the same one that I've loved for so long, has passed away. It filled one last bag -- with SMOKE -- and hasn't warmed since. If they were a decent company I'd buy another. What is out there that is similar? I'm not too into the whip thing.

Slow Twitch,

tireless

Slow Twitch said:
My Zephyr Ion, the same one that I've loved for so long, has passed away. It filled one last bag -- with SMOKE -- and hasn't warmed since. If they were a decent company I'd buy another. What is out there that is similar? I'm not too into the whip thing.

I have the extreme q, the valve and bag setup from your zephyr will work with it. You slip the zephyr valve setup onto the nipple the extreme q's hose uses; be careful not to push it too far onto the nipple because it's a bit hard to get back off if you do. It' not a tight fit but doesn't leak until the bag gets real tight.

tireless,

max

Out to lunch
If they were a decent company I'd buy another.
You couldn't buy another one period, unless you found a reseller that has old stock. Seems like you're not aware that US Customs raided the company and shut them down.

Dear Customers and Zephyr Fans,

We write to inform you of an important matter regarding Zephyr Vaporizers. Recently, questions have been raised by government authorities about the appropriate uses of our product as well as similarly designed products from other manufacturers. Aromatherapy enthusiasts are well aware of the benefits of herbal remedies and the value of extracting the essential oils of herbs through vaporization as compared to ingestion. The Zephyr's patented vaporization system, effective in releasing the flavors and active ingredients in a wide variety of spices and herbs, also lends itself to a variety of culinary applications. And given the myriad toxic substances found in tobacco smoke as a by-product of combustion, the Zephyr Vaporizer provides a beneficial smoke-free approach for tobacco users, one that may also aid in smoking cessation. We take pride in the quality of our product and are committed to ensuring that its manufacture and distribution be in conformity with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. We are working hard to address the concerns and questions raised by the government about our product. In the interim, and until we are assured that we can continue marketing the Zephyr in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, we have voluntarily elected to suspend temporarily operations at Zephyr. We are hopeful that Zephyr will be in a position to resume operations shortly and we thank you for your continued patience and support.

Sincerely,
Zephyr Vaporizers

What is out there that is similar? I'm not too into the whip thing.
The herbalAire is, without doubt, the best buy in a dual mode vape. You can get one for about $170 on eBay without worrying about the authorized dealer situation. 3 yr. warranty and outstanding customer service. In my experience the direct draw/whip function is its weak point, but if bag use is your preferred method, you can't beat it IMO.

max,

tireless

Dear zephyr, kindly honor your warranty and tell me where to send my vaporizer, which stopped working the second time I used it, for repair. Otherwise the poster you quoted is correct and you are not a decent company. If you want to portray yourself as one act like one and tell us how to get repairs for your faulty product or give our money back.

Shutting down your phones and leaving customers hanging is wrong.

Hundreds of dollars and mine worked once.

Respectfully, an unhappy customer.

max said:
If they were a decent company I'd buy another.
You couldn't buy another one period, unless you found a reseller that has old stock. Seems like you're not aware that US Customs raided the company and shut them down.

We write to inform you of an important matter regarding Zephyr Vaporizers. Recently, questions have been raised by government authorities about the appropriate uses of our product as well as similarly designed products from other manufacturers. Aromatherapy enthusiasts are well aware of the benefits of herbal remedies and the value of extracting the essential oils of herbs through vaporization as compared to ingestion. The Zephyr's patented vaporization system, effective in releasing the flavors and active ingredients in a wide variety of spices and herbs, also lends itself to a variety of culinary applications. And given the myriad toxic substances found in tobacco smoke as a by-product of combustion, the Zephyr Vaporizer provides a beneficial smoke-free approach for tobacco users, one that may also aid in smoking cessation. We take pride in the quality of our product and are committed to ensuring that its manufacture and distribution be in conformity with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. We are working hard to address the concerns and questions raised by the government about our product. In the interim, and until we are assured that we can continue marketing the Zephyr in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, we have voluntarily elected to suspend temporarily operations at Zephyr. We are hopeful that Zephyr will be in a position to resume operations shortly and we thank you for your continued patience and support.

Sincerely,
Zephyr Vaporizers

What is out there that is similar? I'm not too into the whip thing.
The herbalAire is, without doubt, the best buy in a dual mode vape. You can get one for about $170 on eBay without worrying about the authorized dealer situation. 3 yr. warranty and outstanding customer service. In my experience the direct draw/whip function is its weak point, but if bag use is your preferred method, you can't beat it IMO.

tireless,

lwien

tireless said:
Dear zephyr, kindly honor your warranty and tell me where to send my vaporizer, which stopped working the second time I used it, for repair. Otherwise the poster you quoted is correct and you are not a decent company. If you want to portray yourself as one act like one and tell us how to get repairs for your faulty product or give our money back.

Ummm..........you're talking to a company that at least for now, does not exist. Did you not read the post that you quoted?

lwien,

tireless

Yes I'm aware of that, and I know max didn't write the text from zephyr he copied and pasted it.

My comments are driven by that small glimmer of hope which whispers in the back of my mind "perhaps someone still associated with them will read it and do the right thing."

lwien said:
tireless said:

Ummm..........you're talking to a company that at least for now, does not exist. Did you not read the post that you quoted?

tireless,

lwien

Unfortunately, tireless, I think you're requests are going to fall on deaf ears, only because they don't exist at this point in time.

But I hear ya. It's a bummer having a vape that doesn't work. :(

lwien,

tireless

Yes it is a bummer, if it had worked for some period of time before it died it would be easier to take. Trying to call a number which never got answered and sending emails which probably just disappeared into cyberspace was a drag too.

I bought the extreme q when it became evident something was wrong and it works like a champ. I think the zephyr was just a tad better vapor though and wish I could get it going again to find out :)

Fixed my post so it doesn't look like I was ragging on max; my apologies max

tireless,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
zephyr ion is still being made in china. $315 with free 3 day shipping to usa. 1 year warranty.

Hippie Dickie,

VapeSpace

lwien said:
^^ It is? Wow. Didn't know that.

It is indeed. Looks like the factory Zephyr was using in China is still pumping them out. You can find plenty of them on Alibaba. You just have to take the risk of getting them through customs in the U.S.

Just because the U.S. operations were shut down, I often wonder if they are still operating elsewhere. Zephyr is listed as one of the exhibitors at the Treating Yourself Expo in Toronto at the beginning of June. This may have been booked before they were shut down at the beginning of the year but Zephyr was never removed from the list.

VapeSpace,

lwien

Good to know, but considering that they're under the customs microscope, even if I could send them a unit for warranty repair, I think it be kind of iffy in trying to get the unit back. It would be interesting to see someone try though and report back as long as they don't put themselves in danger of getting busted.

lwien,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Or contact china for warranty repair --- who knows, maybe they might acknowledge the serial number and cover it under the 1 year time limit.

Hippie Dickie,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Just passing this on. :D

http://zephyrvaporizers.com/

Welcome to Zephyr Vaporizers

We are pleased to inform you of an important update regarding Zephyr Vaporizers. The questions raised by government authorities about the appropriate uses of our product as well as similarly designed products from other manufacturers have been favorably resolved. Following a thorough review of our business operations and product the government has acknowledged the existence of several legitimate applications for the Zephyr Ion and given its approval to our once again bringing the Zephyr to market. We take pride in the quality of our product and remain committed to ensuring that its manufacture and distribution be in conformity with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.

We are excited about the prospect of resuming our sales of the Zephyr Ion and allowing more persons to experience the benefits of aromatherapy through Zephyr's patented vaporization system. Although it will take a little while to resume business as usual, we assure you of our continuing commitment to providing the highest quality aromatherapy product at the fairest price.

Please check back for further updates.

Sincerely,
Zephyr Vaporizers

vtac,

Fiend

Excellent news! I'm glad to see that they finally got this resolved. ;)

I can't even remember the last time I had the opportunity to use my zephr (for anything other than collecting dust). :(

Fiend,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I really did have my eye on this product for a party vape for a long time. The unfortunete news about Zephyr prevented me from buying, but if they come back strong it seems to be the best bag vape to get IMO. Never tried one, but have used a Volcano, Extreme, HA.

IAmKrazy2,

tireless

Hippie Dickie said:
Or contact china for warranty repair --- who knows, maybe they might acknowledge the serial number and cover it under the 1 year time limit.

The warranty paperwork on mine said "2 Year Limited Lifetime" not one year. Seven months of it has been used up with it working only once and that on the first day of purchase. I hope they do get going again so it can get repaired and still have a year left..

The transfer of items from a consumer to a manufacturer for repair sometimes fall under a different set of rules than the original purchase or shipment to the indvidual. For instance... purchase of a firearm requires it go through a dealer who is a Federal Firearms Licensee or FFL Holder and is stricly controlled as to how it ships; sending a firearm for repair from an individual owner to a manufacturer and back to the individual requires no FFL Holder interaction whatsoever and can occur via UPS from and to the owners front door.

Perhaps the same is applicable from individual to vaporizer company for a repair, it would only make sense it would be so as it isn't a purchase..... but who knows; not me.

In any case, I hope the resumption of sales occurs prior to my warranty expiring so I won't be out $$$.

Best of luck to us all, tireless

tireless,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i was just referencing the warranty i saw on the china website for the manufacturer (search on www.alibaba.com: Supplier: Changzhou Runhe Tools Co., Ltd.) -- it sure looks like the same machine, although the warranty was not listed when i just checked it now.

Hippie Dickie,

tireless

Hippie Dickie said:
i was just referencing the warranty i saw on the china website for the manufacturer (search on www.alibaba.com: Supplier: Changzhou Runhe Tools Co., Ltd.) -- it sure looks like the same machine, although the warranty was not listed when i just checked it now.

Thanks for sharing the info, I signed up for an account and queried the supplier about warranty, we'll see.

tireless,
Top Bottom