Zephyr Ion

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I look foreword to reading your updates, lwien :D (especially because you have convinced stickstones to dabble in the low temperatures :p).

It seems like you will find more and more ways to use the Ion as you have more time to use it ;) .

From my use of it (limited access and use :/ ) all I can say is that it seems very accurate, feels/looks durable, and is definitely easy to use. :tup:

I have never had to use it, but it seems that the Ion customer support is VERY accessible and the company is likely to be around, competing in the vape scene, for quite some time (a definite plus in my book). :)

Progress,

lwien

Progress said:
I look foreword to reading your updates, lwien :D (especially because you have convinced stickstones to dabble in the low temperatures :p).

It seems like you will find more and more ways to use the Ion as you have more time to use it ;) .

From my use of it (limited access and use :/ ) all I can say is that it seems very accurate, feels/looks durable, and is definitely easy to use. :tup:

I have never had to use it, but it seems that the Ion customer support is VERY accessible and the company is likely to be around, competing in the vape scene, for quite some time (a definite plus in my book). :)
Yeah, the jury is still out on it's long term reliability, but this vape is built like a tank, so at least judging from outward appearances, it should hold up really well. I'm likin' it, especially for nailing down consistent and accurate low temp usage, which I'm REALLY liking right now.

lwien,

Derf

Bruce!

SOrry I've been away, mate! I've had a terribly busy last couple weeks. But I owe you a solid review of the beautiful vape you sent me, and I intend to write or possibly do a video review of it soon. But my girlfriend is here visiting on her spring break and so it may have to wait. You see... she does not approve of certain, shall we say, recreational hobbies I may or may not possess, if you catch my drift. Too much information, I know, but hang with me. I've had plenty of time to evaluate the unit, put it through some paces, and get to know it better, so I can give it some really good praise, because it really deserves it! And so do you! Dealing with you here on this forum has been a real pleasure, and tell Zephyr I say that they owe you a Raise for being such a great presence on here for them. Keep up the great work!

Oh, and come on, guys, those whips look BEAUTIFUL! You should be so lucky to have such an amazing piece of kit included with this already fabulous vaporizer, and the price isn't even going up! Personally I think they look fantastic, and can't wait to see the final product!!

Ok, three cheers for Zephyr Vaporizers and their exciting new entry into the vaporizer market, I think we really have something to seriously look at here!

Derf,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
the ion finally arrived!
so far i'm quite impressed with it :ko:
i'll post a review after some more testing.
bruce, you should think about an european model, it's pretty laborious to use a power converter. especially because you need one that can handle at least 350 Watts.
but so far it's worth the effort.

Heisenberg,

lwien

Ok, more time spent with the Zephyr and comparing efficiency to the PD. In my previous post, I mentioned that they seemed pretty equal, but I was eyeballing what went into the basket and guessed that I was putting in 4 stems worth. Well, a few days ago, I continued the experiment but this time loaded up 3 PD stems and emptied each one in the basket to see if I could make that basket stretch for 3 days like I would be able to do with 3 stems in the PD. Didn't quite equal out. Came out to about one and half days worth, or about half as efficient as the PD is. Kinda did this same thing with the VG after I got the PD about a year ago, with basically the same results.

So, done experimenting. The PD will continue to be my "personal" daily workhorse, but.................when I have company, power will be applied to the Ion. Two very different vapes serving two very different situations. Nice combo.

lwien,

lwien

Heisenberg said:
have you also experienced that there is quite some leakage?
any advice?
I have mine in front of an off-white background, so if there was leakage, I wouldn't be able to see it. Next time I use it, I'll put something dark behind it to see if I can see any leakage.

Edit: Tested it tonight. No leakage.

lwien,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
Beezleb said:
I have no leakage that I have noticed anyways, where is your leaking at?
it comes out of the air vent on top.
but it also depends on the amount in the basket: if there is little in there, you hardly see any leakage.

Heisenberg,

Beezleb

Ive filled mine up 2/3rds full and I have just covered the screen. I wonder if your heating element is not seated correctly or something along those lines. It was written earlier their where some experiencing a leak if the basket handle pointed to the right side or something like that.

Is it like that maybe or with each bag no matter?

Is it possible you have a leak in the bag where it connects? I went to use my second bag for the first time and the bag was broken with a slight rip but after I changed the bag it was all good.

Beezleb,

Neverender

Heisenberg said:
Beezleb said:
I have no leakage that I have noticed anyways, where is your leaking at?
it comes out of the air vent on top.
but it also depends on the amount in the basket: if there is little in there, you hardly see any leakage.
Did you check the o-ring around the upper screen? The only time I had a leak was after I took out the screen to clean it a bit and didn't secure the o-ring in place all the way.

And like Beezleb said, check to make sure the basket is in place properly. In some units, apparently, the basket will not sit properly when set in certain directions.

Neverender,

kazzy

Did you check the o-ring around the upper screen? The only time I had a leak was after I took out the screen to clean it a bit and didn't secure the o-ring in place all the way.

And like Beezleb said, check to make sure the basket is in place properly. In some units, apparently, the basket will not sit properly when set in certain directions.
>>>>>>>>
this is absolutely key in my personal experience especially the O-ring on top.Make sure it is seated flush and you are ready to go :) :2c:

kazzy,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
Neverender said:

i don't even have an o-ring around the upper screen:

2ydqf9w1laxj.jpg

i've already tried different positions of the basket with no improvement.

edit: i found two o-rings in the packaging. these must be the missing ones. did your ion come with them already in place? do i need them around both screens?

2abuyrpsoc7h.jpg

Heisenberg,

stinac

Can anybody compare ion to HerbalAire ? HerbalAire is cheaper a lot, and everybody wrote that is/was best bag vaporizer.
I would like to see 220V ION.

stinac,

Beezleb

Heisenberg, looks like you need to attach an o ring. Mine did come with it already attached, otherwise I probably would have the issue you ran into. I would read the book that come with it. I didnt read it either but I didnt have any issues and wanted to see how easy it was use right out of the box.

I think they just made a mistake with yours as I think they probably come already in standard. I use a little brush to clean the screens after each use to prolong its use before needing to be changed.

Stinac, I cannot compare the two. I would imagine the Ion and Herbalaire are similar in comparison with bag use but I can only speculate that based on I feel the Herbalaire is one of the better bag vapes in its class but not as good in whip mode. I believe the Ion is comparable due to my ion being very efficient.
If you look at my 2 reviews with the pics you can see for yourself the difference between the ABV from each bag and I did this at 375 and another session at 385. Both are on page 8, heres a link to the page but I cant link to individual post. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2041&p=8

With whip use, the Ion whip is not out yet so I have no idea how that compares. The Herbalaire is not generally considered a good vape for whip mode but it shines in bag mode. If your looking at cost as a factor and whip mode is not that important to you as far as getting large draws on par with box vape, than a herbalaire is a great option. Hopefully soon after Ion releases a whip I will review that as well.

The Ion has some other attributes and unfortunately these are not all completed yet but I am thrilled with it and it has at this time become my vaporizer of preference.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
stinac said:
everybody wrote that is/was best bag vaporizer.
I own the herbalAire (and like it a lot), but I'd disagree that everybody wrote that it's the best, and also disagree that it is the best. While you could argue that it's the best bag filler for the money, I think, all things considered, that most would vote for the 'cano as the all around best bag vape (considering bag use only), and you could certainly argue that the Extreme and Ion are as good as (or better than) any, including the Volcano, especially since the 'cano is bag fill only. With an external (and cheaply replaceable) pump, and no digital, you could argue that the herbalAire is less likely to have problems, and it's certainly great at fully extracting all the good stuff out of every load, but it's also the slowest to fill a bag and leaves a lot to be desired in the direct draw dept, as far as satisfying hits.

max,

stinac

max said:
stinac said:
everybody wrote that is/was best bag vaporizer.
I own the herbalAire (and like it a lot), but I'd disagree that everybody wrote that it's the best, and also disagree that it is the best. While you could argue that it's the best bag filler for the money, I think, all things considered, that most would vote for the 'cano as the all around best bag vape (considering bag use only), and you could certainly argue that the Extreme and Ion are as good as (or better than) any, including the Volcano, especially since the 'cano is bag fill only. With an external (and cheaply replaceable) pump, and no digital, you could argue that the herbalAire is less likely to have problems, and it's certainly great at fully extracting all the good stuff out of every load, but it's also the slowest to fill a bag and leaves a lot to be desired in the direct draw dept, as far as satisfying hits.
im interested in only bag vape, cos i got DBV for direct draw.
i also want little sessions, because i vape it myself and efficiency .
herbalAire has additional faster pump, so speed isnt problem.
I need a reason why should i pay 100 bucks more for ION with leakage ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uze-7C-rQhI
tnx

stinac,

lwien

stinac said:
im interested in only bag vape, cos i got DBV for direct draw.
i also want little sessions, because i vape it myself and efficiency .
herbalAire has additional faster pump, so speed isnt problem.
I need a reason why should i pay 100 bucks more for ION with leakage ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uze-7C-rQhI
tnx
I wouldn't want to pay an additional 100 bucks more for an ION with leakage either, but mine doesn't leak and neither does Beeze's, so the assumption that all ION's leak is unfounded.

That being said, "little", "personal", and "efficient" sessions are typically not what bag vapes do best, imho.

lwien,

stinac

lwien said:
That being said, "little", "personal", and "efficient" sessions are typically not what bag vapes do best, imho.
yes i know that, but those are facts, i will 90% of time vape myself and for second vaporizer i want best bag vape (dont want volcano). Why should i give 100 bucks more for ION, can somebody convince me?
I can see that ION is very easy to use, it has lcd screen for temp, what else is his advantage?
tnx

stinac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
stinac...you probably won't get an answer to your question right now. The Ion is very new and not a lot of people on this forum have one, let alone that and an herbalaire. You may need to wait longer to get the kind of comparison you are looking for.

That being said, if the only thing you want is a bag blower, then the only bag only units I am aware of are the Volcano, Ion and the Vapir 5.0 (the Vapir comes with a whip, but can only be used in 'fan on' mode, so that doesn't count for me). I have used them all and think the Vapir is a piece of shit, the Volcano is overpriced, and the jury is still out on the Ion. I like my Ion, although I am still working out the kinks (I get trace amounts of leakage on occassion and have found at least one reason why that was correctable). The temp control on the Ion appears to be excellent, making it great for those wanting to be very certain of temp specific vaping.

I personally recommend the Ion for those wanting a bag only vape. The Ion has a bag valve system that the Herbalaire does not have.

Ion pros: fast warmup time, fast blow up time, easy to use, great temp control, bag valve system.
The only con I can think of is the reported leakage issues. I think these are correctable.

stickstones,

Beezleb

I will add, I dont talk on vaporizers to sell them. I care not for what type a vaporizer a person selects. As far as I am concerned, when someone makes an informed decision and selects a vaporizer that bests suits them than that is a win. Simply because in order to stay with vaping its gonna have to fit into their habits and system so to speak. When someone buys a vape that does not fit them they often become sour to the vaping concept.

The only way to decide which is best for you is to look at the aspects that have meaning to you. No normal poster is trying to sell you anything but if you have a specific question people will likely try to help you with their opinion and view points but we are not salesman.

Good luck in your decision.

Beezleb,

stinac

Yea it is very hard decision. In my country i cant even buy vaporizer, maybe 5 people have some kind of it, so i must depend on yours review and recommendation. Money is not problem. The only thing that concern me about ION is that unit is just for 110-120V, i have converter 110-220V but nobody can tell how this unit will work with it.

stinac,

stinac

stickstones said:
stinac...you probably won't get an answer to your question right now. The Ion is very new and not a lot of people on this forum have one, let alone that and an herbalaire. You may need to wait longer to get the kind of comparison you are looking for.

That being said, if the only thing you want is a bag blower, then the only bag only units I am aware of are the Volcano, Ion and the Vapir 5.0 (the Vapir comes with a whip, but can only be used in 'fan on' mode, so that doesn't count for me). I have used them all and think the Vapir is a piece of shit, the Volcano is overpriced, and the jury is still out on the Ion. I like my Ion, although I am still working out the kinks (I get trace amounts of leakage on occassion and have found at least one reason why that was correctable). The temp control on the Ion appears to be excellent, making it great for those wanting to be very certain of temp specific vaping.

I personally recommend the Ion for those wanting a bag only vape. The Ion has a bag valve system that the Herbalaire does not have.

Ion pros: fast warmup time, fast blow up time, easy to use, great temp control, bag valve system.
The only con I can think of is the reported leakage issues. I think these are correctable.
thanks!
did you try herbalaire 2.1?

stinac,
Top Bottom