• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V2 Vaporizer (also Atmos Astra)

Ruta

https://vapefiend.co.uk/herb-pod

You can use these pods to put herb in, the ones mentioned above have no lid and are indeed for concentrates.

My input on charging is that it's best to put the unit on charge after each session, now i have upgraded to the Sony battery VTC6, it just keeps the unit with full power, obviously that depends on how often and long you use it.
I had an issue with removing the battery and using a battery charger, the threads on the unit are soft and after daily unscrewing it rendered the vape unusable, as the battery compartment would not stay screwed to the main heater. This was resolved by the vendor and i've kept taking the unit apart unless essential, it's all ok if care is taken.

This has been a great unit, especially for the price, easily as good as more expensive vapes i have owned or tried. And like i've mentioned before, the ability to upgrade the battery, as progress in that field is made, it gives a new lease of life to something that was performing ok in the first place.

Vitolo

Vaporist
nboocm.jpg

I love this unit!
It is so user friendly and sturdy.. a perfect on the go unit for patients.
The temperature settings are right on.
there are 5 settings so naturally I went to the middle (392º)
After a couple thick vaporous hits I went down to level two (374º) and finished my session there.
The top screen is a real screen that can be removed and cleaned as opposed to the new perforated metal circles being used in the pen shaped dry herb units of late.
I love also the top being made of a softer silicone material.. this is perfect for a patient being driven around (that is how I tested the unit today).
Bumps in the road?... no problem. The soft mouthpiece can bang against your teeth with impunity and no surprise.
The unit also has a memory.
When you touch the button 3 times (on/off procedure) it goes right back to where you were.
The heat-up time was under a minute also!
Battery life surprised me.
6 full sessions and the battery was only 1/4 of the way down.
I am a fan, and will be proud to provide these units to patients.

EDIT:
The unit comes with an oil "pod" that has wicking material topped by a screen.
The oil can (pod) works magnificently. The wicking material is very much like a length of old fashioned cigarette lighter wicks (without the wire).
The wax hits were thick and rich in flavor, and I did not have to baby the unit... once the wax melted in I could move as I wished without having to hold the unit upright.. the concave screen holds it all in the wicking material.
After two sessions, I was able to clean the pod in Iso, and also dip that wick in Iso, and squeeze it dry with paper towel.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I had a taste and smell issue with the older version's silicone mouthpiece. Had to cycle through an ISO soak, rinse and repeat until it went away. Really nasty.

One of the biggest improvements for me is the mouthpiece with the glass tube. Draws better and stays cleaner for me. https://www.puffitup.com/X-MAX-Glass-Mouthpiece-p/xv.101-v2_mp-gl.htm

The silicone mouthpiece doesn't screw in so when carrying it around you have to be careful that the mouthpiece doesn't come off and spill the goodies.

Having said all that.....the thing cleans fairly easy and hits like a freight train. The mouthpiece being silicone also lends to being able to use some bubblers (D020-D) just using the mouthpiece as a seal.

Ruta

One of the biggest improvements for me is the mouthpiece with the glass tube. Draws better and stays cleaner for me. https://www.puffitup.com/X-MAX-Glass-Mouthpiece-p/xv.101-v2_mp-gl.htm

The silicone mouthpiece doesn't screw in so when carrying it around you have to be careful that the mouthpiece doesn't come off and spill the goodies.

Yes, the glass mouthpiece is a must, but the silicone is useful for stealth when out and about.

The herb pods are quite good for combating spillages in your pocket, i bought one of the neoprene sleeves thinking that might be the answer but was way more hassle than using a pod.

This unit definitely hits well, and i got mine for £45, it easily performs as well as my previous, way more expensive, £169 vape that lasted about 4 months!

Bangjr

Should be receiving mine tomorrow from PIU...keeping fingers crossed. Cmon USPS, please do not let me down!!! :D Wait, tomorrow is Aprils Fools right...oh no!!!! :doh:

Also got a Sony battery as spare and since I have the Haze, the charger should work. Got the glass mouthpiece and bubbler too. Oh man...can not wait to try it out with the dry stuff and waxes...

His_Highness

Should be receiving mine tomorrow from PIU...keeping fingers crossed. Cmon USPS, please do not let me down!!! :D Wait, tomorrow is Aprils Fools right...oh no!!!! :doh:

Also got a Sony battery as spare and since I have the Haze, the charger should work. Got the glass mouthpiece and bubbler too. Oh man...can not wait to try it out with the dry stuff and waxes...

The battery life isn't bad for the form factor but isn't great either so you might want to get a couple batteries charged and waiting especially if you'll be doing the "new vape burn-off" before using with MJ.

You might want to do a burn-off with the mouthpiece in place to see if it needs a ISO soak before use. As I remember the unit itself had a little new electronic fart smell but the mouthpiece silicon was nasty till ISO soaked. The glass mouthpiece wasn't nearly as bad as the original all silicon mouthpiece.

Here's a link to a 'too much detail' review I did awhile back:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xmax-v2-vaporizer-also-atmos-astra.15773/page-13#post-852948

Bangjr

The battery life isn't bad for the form factor but isn't great either so you might want to get a couple batteries charged and waiting especially if you'll be doing the "new vape burn-off" before using with MJ.

You might want to do a burn-off with the mouthpiece in place to see if it needs a ISO soak before use. As I remember the unit itself had a little new electronic fart smell but the mouthpiece silicon was nasty till ISO soaked. The glass mouthpiece wasn't nearly as bad as the original all silicon mouthpiece.

Here's a link to a 'too much detail' review I did awhile back:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xmax-v2-vaporizer-also-atmos-astra.15773/page-13#post-852948

Thanks for the info!! Have a great weekend!!

I read your review. And too much detail is better than less details that's for sure :)

Last edited:

Davideus

Does anyone know if this device have ability to power from the wall charger without inserted battery. If not, can we modify it for this ability and how much amps power source will it need? Is there any technical specs for this device, watt, amps?
Thanks!

Davideus,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Not AFAIK (for the pass-through) or well, simply no: it's the battery cell that closes the electrical circuit, it must be present.

But you could create a "fake battery" by hooking a 4V 15A PSU (I'm adding an ample safety margin here for the amps rating) to the unit with a custom adapter. Just have to find or make a female cylinder with the correct screw threading, and make a spring loaded contact at the center.

I wouldn't go through all this trouble for this particular model though, it's not really what I would call a powerhouse...

Bangjr

What you mean by "powerhouse"? In which aspect it is weak?

Perhaps with regards to concentrates? That was my experience anyway. It's fine with dry herbs so long as one does not chase clouds. Have not found a way to get medicated with wax...yet. Anyone use wax with this guy? Any tips? I do not want to overload the guy :D

Bangjr,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have used wax in the Xmax 3 different ways, all worked very well.
  1. I use the technique in the video at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-clean-vape-parts-and-reclaim-resin.795/page-8#post-305494 , and I put it right in the chamber. This worked well, but required clean-up when done.
  2. I used the same technique but placed the wax in cotton in the "oil can" that comes with the unit (open side up always!)
  3. Finally I dropped a bead of wax into the oil can, and made sure it touched the screen. The screen has a piece of wick material under it like thick string. The heat lets the wax adhere to and go below the screen and get vaped using that wicking material. Cleanup is accomplished by removing screen and wick, dip wick in iso, then press it well between layers of paper towel, and allow to dry (same with screen)- then reassemble.

Vitolo,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
What you mean by "powerhouse"? In which aspect it is weak?

It's a ceramic conduction heater powered by a single cell, and it's not very powerful.

With conduction vapes having a ceramic bowl you can either extract slowly over a rather long session, doing temperature steps, and with moderate vapor output, or you can crank them up to get faster extraction and bigger clouds but at the expense of taste (as it roasts your bowl like a steak on a hot fry pan)

I don't think the heater peak power output figure was published, but judging from the heat-up time and the battery life (for a single cell) I don't think it's very high (probably around 20W, similar to other vapes designed the same way)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I wouldn't go through all this trouble for this particular model though, it's not really what I would call a powerhouse...
But it's simplicity and durability are right up the alley for new vaporists, or for those on the go, with no desire to spend a great deal of money on a portable.
I have at the grace of a donation of these units placed a few in homes already, and the users are singing praises.
Non eof these patients are new to vaporiziing, and they love the self enclosed simplicity and that the unit does what it is meant to do and it does it fairly fast.
What they especially like is no case... no container for a stem..... and throw the whole thing in your pocket and go!
I am not sure it was meant to be a powerhouse.
Like @KeroZen points out modification of a tool like this would be counter-productive.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes, I agree with what you said. It's quite good "as is" and trying to modify it to work like a plug-in would kinda defeat the purpose of this unit. I was just explaining what I meant by "not a powerhouse".

Amongst the "pen style" vapes I tested this is the best overall. I read good things about the Focus too but have no experience with. Then there's the Arizer Air but can it still be called "pen style"?

Maryanna

I own this vape too and it's great! Battery life isn't that great, though...lately it's been worse than it was few months ago.
So I'll buy a new battery... Would you recommend LG HG2 or MJ1?

Mirimi

But it's simplicity and durability are right up the alley for new vaporists, or for those on the go, with no desire to spend a great deal of money on a portable.
I have at the grace of a donation of these units placed a few in homes already, and the users are singing praises.
Non eof these patients are new to vaporiziing, and they love the self enclosed simplicity and that the unit does what it is meant to do and it does it fairly fast.
What they especially like is no case... no container for a stem..... and throw the whole thing in your pocket and go!
I am not sure it was meant to be a powerhouse.
Like @KeroZen points out modification of a tool like this would be counter-productive.

Plus the ability to use in bed without worrying about dropping glass or burning yourself on a hot stem. It's the reason I still use my Storm even though I have a better desktop vaporizer.

Lane Meyer

Hi everyone, brand new to the site, first post here. I'm thinking about getting a new vape, and having trouble deciding between the X Max v2 and the Focus Vape Pro. There both comparable in price so not sure if one has on edge over the other or not. Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice.

Lane Meyer,

His_Highness

Hi everyone, brand new to the site, first post here. I'm thinking about getting a new vape, and having trouble deciding between the X Max v2 and the Focus Vape Pro. There both comparable in price so not sure if one has on edge over the other or not. Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice.

I like the Focus better and have two of each unit. I'm surprised you'd have to pay the same for each. Most of the time I see the Xmax for around $59-$79 and the Focus Pro for around $99 at PotV and PIU.

Here's a detail review comparing them....
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/focus-vaporizer.20357/page-5#post-956284

Now here's the bad news....the Focus is up for a manufacturer mod to vent the battery cap. Some folks might wait till the mod is part of the production run or talk to someone at PotV or PIU to see what the customer recommendation is. Read the last two pages for an update on the cap.

His_Highness,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Note that the X-Max v2 Pro venting holes are also not adequate. It's been shown in the e-cig world that a few holes at the bottom of a closed tube are not enough when the cell vents by the top (they vent by the positive side)

Yet better than the Herbstick Eco which could create a real pipe-bomb...

Top Bottom