Woodeez Aromatherapy Diffuser/ Vaporizer !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezleb

Best of luck to you and if you make these for normal sale I hope you do a thread for it or contact a company like vapor outlet and the like to see if and what they can do for you in selling it for you maybe.

Beezleb,

Rick

Zapman
Highendvapes
Rick told me that he had no problem with me copying any of his design,and I would have,
but the reason that I went the SS route is that it is easier and quicker to make. Same with the turned wood body, its the fastest design to shape. Even easier and quicker than a square. Its not about ergonomics, its all about time. Zaps are much more labor intensive to assemble than either the PD or
Woodeez.

Very interesting. I kind of wondered about that when I saw the PD heatport. Zaps take roughly two hours to complete per unit. That includes the fabrication of all parts.

Rick,

lwien

Tom says it takes him about 4 hours per unit. So when it's said that Zaps are much more labor intensive, something doesn't quite jive here.

lwien,

reece

lwien said:
Tom says it takes him about 4 hours per unit. So when it's said that Zaps are much more labor intensive, something doesn't quite jive here.
It's jibe, unless you're saying someone is a jive turkey.;)

reece,

lwien

reece said:
lwien said:
It's jibe, unless you're saying someone is a jive turkey.;)
And here all this time, I thought that jibe had to do with swingin' a sale...... ;)

lwien,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
lwien said:
Zaps have much more work in the heatport than my design. Hmmmmm Maybe I didnt copy the PD? I can build one in 2 1/2 to 3 hours without jigs of any sort. If I were making alot of them, I'm sure I could cut that time down quite abit. Of course, thats not including any of the office work, ordering materials, packaging or shipping. That all takes time as well.

highendvapes,

Skuzzer

I don't see anything in here about international sales but I imagine these are available international too (if any more are produced that is).
As someone who had been saving for a PD only for them to no longer be available in Australia (which I totally understand) I'd welcome something new to the market and I say well done to highend here for producing a viable alternative :)

Skuzzer,

Purple-Days

"Hmmmmm Maybe I didnt copy the PD?" :buzz: :lol:

3 hours doesn't include 100% of the process as you point out. ;) Pretty difficult to ship an un-packaged un-addressed product. Component prep time adds up too, and is easily overlooked... With all the parts prepped things go quick, but start adding all those 'extra' minutes in and you are going to see the true build time. Count the time it takes to chop a big slab into blocks for the lathe, or marking centers on them? Count shop clean-up time? Or running to the Post Office to ship? Or cleaning and sharpening tools? Cutting screens? There are no shop elves and it's all part of the build time.

Oh, and 44 e-mails back and forth with a customer. Good luck with that (I don't include that).

When I say 3-1/2 to 4 hours I have counted a lot of the hidden minutes. So though you think you are building them faster, it isn't likely, a saw only chops so fast, a lathe or drill only cuts so quick. ;)

MrMisty, the Aromazap didn't loose any 'war'. He will continue to sell his vape and many folks will be happy with his product as you can see in his thread. We used an Aromazap and were well served by it. :2c:

Purple-Days,

reece

MrMistyTokes said:
good for you man

this ends the pd vs mz war :lol:
No, the two grapplers are still in the ring.
MZ takes a forearm to the head.
MZ slings PD against the ropes and gives a clothesline.
OH NO, THE REF WAS KNOCKED OUT!!
Here comes Woodeez into the ring with a steel chair AND a two-by-four
smeared with Woodeez Wax
(stay tuned after the commercial break to find out which side Woodeez takes.)
(yes I watched too much wrestling as a kid)
:)

reece,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
This Phrog is glad to see all of the 'wrestlers' in the ring (no hitting below the belt tho ;) ).

International orders do seem to be a possible untapped market if you are interested, Highendvapes (also, selling them or giving them away...helping the sick/suffering is still helping the sick/suffering :tup: ).

Despite many likely feeling more comfortable with tested, tried and true units, all of the other craftsmen had to begin building their reputations at some point. :)

Progress,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Beezleb said:
I would be interested if this version is easier to pull with. I know for people who read this I make it sound like these style vapes are hard to draw with but only for very weak and ill people and my experience is very limited so I would not take it as gospel matter of fact but im not about to have to deal with a sick individual in virtual panic mode because they cant their medicine effectively for them. I felt very bad and sick inside about it that day but it all worked out.
Beezleb, what you're saying is interesting. Do you think a forced air type vaporizer would be easier for a sick user?

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
regardless, you have to admit that building vaporizers for sick people is a noble act.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i was so baked when i wrote that last night. all this sour diesel everywhere lately. you were saying....

jeffp,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
It's funny how everybody is trippin out about this shit but all three of the vape makers here seem to be totally cool with everything and have no problem... An open source PD download thing with detailed instructions would be pretty sick so everyone could make there own. Maybe ship some vital parts that are hard to find and then you can charge a lot less and those who are crafty and good with engineering and electrics can make their own vape!

bluntfaced,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
bluntfaced said:
Mannnnn I'm tryna cop some of that sour diesel I looove that shit
you know it's Sour D if it stinks the house up like nobody's business.

jeffp,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Purple-Days said:
"

3 hours doesn't include 100% of the process as you point out. ;) Pretty difficult to ship an un-packaged un-addressed product. Component prep time adds up too, and is easily overlooked... With all the parts prepped things go quick, but start adding all those 'extra' minutes in and you are going to see the true build time. Count the time it takes to chop a big slab into blocks for the lathe, or marking centers on them? Count shop clean-up time? Or running to the Post Office to ship? Or cleaning and sharpening tools? Cutting screens? There are no shop elves and it's all part of the build time.

When I say 3-1/2 to 4 hours I have counted a lot of the hidden minutes. So though you think you are building them faster, it isn't likely, a saw only chops so fast, a lathe or drill only cuts so quick. ;)
:
I'm gonna have to side more with Rick on the build times. I put one together today just too see. Started with rough cut lumber that had to be cut and marked. All steel needed to be cut to length. All stems had to be cut along with the screens. Nothing was prepped, and I had it built in just under 2 hours. I personally only clean the shop once at the end of the day, not after each build and it takes about 15 minutes a day. Post man comes right to my shop. Shop elves...... Thats Rich.

On another note, the ones that I had went suprizingly quick. I've had several requests so I'm going to be building some more. Email me if anyone has interest. Will offer a discount to FC members who email me thru the fourms email. :peace:

highendvapes,

Purple-Days

Since you use the PD design, and most of the materials, build times should be similar. Now that I can see. :2c: (Most build times quoted were from when I was blind)
But, I'm not in a race.

Todd says, "I'm going to be building some more. Email me if anyone has interest."

Since you are going commercial, and we knew you were (you don't make up product names for gifts to friends, do you? ;) ) ... you might as well state your Warranty (three years?), FC discount %, and International sales policy.

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Tom is right, warranty info and unit cost after FC discount would be viable info to have

IAmKrazy2,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Any plans for different woods in the future? Or maybe doing some custom wood ones?

Durden,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom