Winegums' Woodcraft

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I finally got a chance to update the listing for this box and will have the Cherry boxes listed tomorrow. I've been busy doing renovations and repairing/upgrading tools in my shop.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/569655847/wooden-box-with-funnel-lid
il_fullxfull.1456970744_f456.jpg
il_fullxfull.1504227565_6zny.jpg

il_fullxfull.1504227711_n0qb.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The small Cherry ABV bins and Vape station are available now with the wooden stopper.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/571726197/cherry-box-with-funnel-lid
il_fullxfull.1457863534_i8e1.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/601980451/cherry-vaporizer-station
il_fullxfull.1457869390_6bev.jpg

OR, maybe it would be more convenient (and effective) to use a small Jyarz or small glass vial with its own cap which could be switched in and out for quick access to different strains? Yeah, that makes more sense to me now that I think about it! :rockon:

What say you master designer? :bowdown:

I'll have to look up the dimensions of jyarz and see what I can do.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@Winegums I've about got everything from DV that I want and will use. It's time turn my DVAS $ into custom accessories. I believe I've found a good place to start. I LOVE the vaping station. But it's already sold. I will be paying closer attention to this thread as your pieces are selling very quickly. Kudos

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums I've about got everything from DV that I want and will use. It's time turn my DVAS $ into custom accessories. I believe I've found a good place to start. I LOVE the vaping station. But it's already sold. I will be paying closer attention to this thread as your pieces are selling very quickly. Kudos
I'm in the process of making Vape stations so if you have some custom features you're looking for send me a PM.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So this isn't vapour related but it is part of my woodcraft and the result of a lot of thinking about chop sticks. I'm half chinese and have been raised using chop sticks from a young age. The two fatal flaws of the round tipped chop stick are grabbing round slippery food, and acting as a scoop to get rice out of a small bowl. Thus the scoop sticks were born.

When held together they form a spoon shape with slight teeth on the inside of the sticks. The round edge of the sticks allows them to scrape the inside of a bowl and cover a lot of area quickly. The round paddles have excellent grip on round objects and the sharp tips make for very precise sticks.

They function the same as normal sticks with the added benefit of forming a spoon.

N2kdTN2.jpg

YFArDDn.jpg

5zyHCtH.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Sometimes I like to prototype things before I do custom work or approach a new way of making things. Today it was stone shaping and inlaying, along with the usual challenge of making these longer stems.

This is what I sketched up last night as a concept for a custom order and liked it enough that I decided I would make a prototype for myself. This irons out the process on the first go which makes the next piece I do much easier and more polished.
8xhvqG6.jpg

I started by selecting a Fraser River agate with a nice pattern that I liked and ground it into a triangular shape to match. I did further grinding and polish after this but here is the stone half way through. This was my first attempt at working stone so I'm pretty pleased. I used an oak stick with a cupped point and super glue to hold the stone in a manner I could work on it.
rArJrNn.jpg

Here it is finished. I decided to use figured Maple crotch wood in the center of the piece, Ebonite on the ends, and figured Cherry in between the Zildjian B20 rings. It's not a perfect piece with some rough spots here and there but I love it. The hits are nice and cool and the extra length is very nice to handle. The agate is half embedded in the maple so it makes for a nice worry stone under my thumb, stops the stem from rolling off the table, and aids in grip.
tSMMIIw.jpg

5MOye8j.jpg

@Winegums, what is your other half? :)
English, Irish, Dutch, and German

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I was able to make some progress on this run of Vape stations yesterday and today. Each one is unique and has a different pattern or combination of wood. I'll have holes drilled in all of them tomorrow and magnetically sprung plugs installed.
B7mo0E8.jpg

4SxbXFR.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
'Em sho is purdy!

Do you use a router jig for all those dovetails?
I built a special 45 degree route sled that holds the piece so that I can cut the dovetails. I was really unimpressed with the strength of mitered corners and this was the solution. It locks in the geometry of the corner and makes it impossible to flex unless you break the glue bond and the peg. The bow ties it creates is really nice and turned out better than I thought they would.
I'm really enjoying the ABV box I bought from you...and the plug is indeed MAGIC! :lol:
I'm really liking my ABV hole/plug in my vape station as well. It's one of those things I didn't realize I needed until I made it. I was using a small canning jar that was never quite satisfying and was prone to tipping over and spilling.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
They're pretty much done, only one more coat of finish to go. I'm thinking of offering the plug mechanism as an optional add-on, or is it a case of everyone wanting the feature?

Interesting question... some folks might not care about a little ABV odor in the garage or whatever. And if it saves them significant dollars it might move some boxes for you. Might be worth a try to see what the consumer response is?

Last edited:
Top Bottom