1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Mr. Me2, Dec 10, 2016.

1. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Ergh, what's that smell? :lol:

steama, needalift, The Beagle and 2 others like this.
  2. Slagzord

Slagzord Don't fuckle with shuckle

Bottle it. Very pure gas for your torch.

steama, needalift, cybrguy and 3 others like this.
  3. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

I finally completed my Portable case with an Aomai lighter. I liked this model because it cannot be accidentally drained and there's no clicker or button to hold down. It seems to be a solid little lighter that has enough fuel capacity for quite a few sessions. It performs strong until the very last drop of fuel which I like. This is definitely a lighter I can recommend. The only issue I've found is that the metal parts at the top can get quite warm during use. I use my case so there's no much to worry about for me but people who have thin pockets might want to let it cool down for a few moments. I find that I have to hold the black part during heating.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Black-Butan...040186?hash=item5b35b46aba:g:PA0AAOSwTM5Y31gq
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gray-Butane...685099?hash=item5d70846beb:g:SZUAAOSw42dZCUCy
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Red-Butane-...041235?hash=item5b35b46ed3:g:tiEAAOSwuxFY31i8
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Silver-Ciga...074334?hash=item5b36a9141e:g:dOsAAOSwRUhY-Ar3
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gold-Butane...038259?hash=item5b35b46333:g:jyUAAOSwsW9Y31Zd

[​IMG]

pigfoot, SloJimFizz, steama and 9 others like this.
  4. JetHead

JetHead Well-Known Member

steama, needalift and Squiby like this.
  5. asdf420

asdf420 Well-Known Member

got a mantello condor. It's ok? A bit sputtery but the flame is more regular than with my old oversized torch. Way better than a bic, lol. Dunno if a vertigo lighter is much better, this one was a couple of bucks less. Needed to refill the lighter every other day or so... Seems like an induction heater would really be worth it long term.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    steama, needalift and beyond6strings like this.
  6. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

I used to really like the triple inline that dynavap sells, but it's kinda janky after all the abuse it's seen. I have a triple jet in a triangle formation that is real solid, and I like it a lot. Sometimes I turn the double side to the front, or other times to the face and melt it off. :lol: Other times I move the double flame side of the lighter to toward the back of the cap. Lately I've been going for a flavor hit first, and I like that a lot. Double flame up front gives me that nice sweet flavor.
    It's a ZICO lighter and the only thing I don't really like about it is the tank that holds the butane...it's chambered and sometimes it makes filling difficult and sometimes it will go out because one of the chambers went dry and the butane didn't make it to the empty chamber. I'm trying to explain it. A picture could probably do it, but hey, I'm going to school now so I need to practice writing? :leaf: I don't know

pigfoot, steama, needalift and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

yeah, you mean the vertigo venom2 ?
    its not in the dynavap store anymore.
    maybe it comes back.

who has experience with the zippo like "z-plus2" ?
    also available at dynavap.

steama likes this.
  8. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I'm also curious as I love the look and lid action of the Zippos but have no use for a soft flame lighter and I hate the fuel smell it leaves behind. I read a lot of mixed feelings about the jet flame inserts so I never got one.

steama, Squiby, Jah1975 and 2 others like this.
  9. Jah1975

Jah1975 Well-Known Member

I had the z-plus2 it was ok, the butane it came with was terrible and had to be purged. the only problem I really had with it was the small amount of butane it carried and not really every strike reliability. The ronson torch has the same functionality as the insert, but is much more efficient with butane.

The best torches I have found yet are the Vertigo Cyclone triple torches. I bought a 3 pack off amazon for $27 about 6 months ago and have been set ever since. (still using the first one, the other two wait in my stash case for emergency)

steama, The Beagle, cybrguy and 2 others like this.
  10. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

11. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

those vertigo lighters at the dynavap shop are hard to come by in europe.
    the cost like 20$ here. insane.
    george sells them for less than half the price

steama, The Beagle and Squiby like this.
  12. Jah1975

Jah1975 Well-Known Member

Below are some decent fastech torches that might be better for you guys in Europe

Aomai Single

HONEST Single

HONEST Dual

pigfoot, ander, Milkaaa and 6 others like this.
  13. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Well-Known Member

That being said...i use the venom three flame(in a row) from vaposhop for my M and it has been flawless.
    If ever it breaks vsposhop has my back.
    Can't say that about the 10 euro eBay lighters.
    @VapoShop backs their shit up.

manujoe, steama, Mr.Sifter and 2 others like this.
  14. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

I like it for out and about cuz it gloms on to my Dynastash' magnet and cuz it looks like a Zippo. It's a nice lighter. At home I typically use either a lockable single flame or my Vertigo triangle three flame.

steama likes this.
  15. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I like these a lot too. They work well and are reliable. I recently bought a pair from Amazon. The only problem I have with them is they are kinda small and need to be refilled more often than I would like. I have another triple that is larger and I like a little better. Here is a pic of both of them side by side.
    [​IMG]
    The wide bottom isn't as pocket friendly but it isn't too bad.

steama, Jah1975, asdf420 and 2 others like this.
  16. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

17. Hogni

Nice found! Fear it's too hot for the VC even with flame in smallest size (it needs a certain size to burn). Got the Blazer GB 2001 a few days ago which has nearly the same power and it's too hot for the VC. But bought it for my Supreme v3 which is nearly a perfect pairing. Guess the shown one would be good with the Sup too if angle of the flame isn't too low. For sure the most stable standing lighter with such a power.

pigfoot, The Beagle, steama and 2 others like this.
  18. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Definitely will be too hot and Powerful a flame for the vapcap even on lowest setting it will just over cook the herb however far you heat from the flame. Looks really good though as another Blazer option next to Bigshot and Big Buddy.

19. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Like @Hogni and @Alexis were saying, that torch would likely bee too hot.

Also even at its reduced price its close to $50.

For a bit more dosh you could get an @Pipes induction heater.

steama, Alexis and Hogni like this.
  20. Hogni

...for sure a much better choice and investment!
    Induction heater, at least the ones from @Pipes ist the best heating source for the VC ever!

I nearly never use any lighter for my VCs anymore. Just on the go. Waiting for the PS Mini and hope it will do it's job on the go in a manner way.

BTW I'm waiting for my ordered Blazer Big Shot, Vector Ammo gunmetall and the Vector Thunderbird Zippo insert/2T. The last ones especially for my VCs

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    GreenHopper, steama and Alexis like this.
  21. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

When I saw it vapcap wasn't even on my mind for a second- but this looks like a potential non handheld option for the glass Elev8r though. Just hitting it this exact second and I found myself typing this post between taking a beautifully smooth large hit without clearing the still full UFO ... and clearing it! Done that now, but you know when you take a big hit sometimes and just compltely gaze out and lose track of things for a moment?

Thinking "eh, :hmm:what time is it? Is it friday? Shit how long have I been here? How did I get here? Oh shit Im supposed to be cooking dinner...:lol:"
    It happens to me anyway with such lovely sunkissed herb.
    Coo, that hit was potent. Was a perfect temp for better potency IME recently, not too high. Several more before and to come. Better go now.:wave:

Hogni and steama like this.
  22. steama

steama Well-Known Member

These are my favorite torches.

Vector Pyramid vapcaps at home is fantastic but weird looking triple torch for the table

[​IMG]

Vertigo dual torch for vapcaps on the road - I take two

[​IMG]

Most reliable torch single flame Vapman torch with huge tank

[​IMG]

For 7th Floor ELEV8R and the Supreme 3

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    pigfoot, Hogni, Alexis and 1 other person like this.
  23. Pustupillo

Pustupillo 100% CombustionFree

Alexis, GreenHopper and Squiby like this.
  24. Vapoleon

Vapoleon Vapoleon Bonaparte

armani likes this.
  25. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

No, those do unfortunately not work with the Vapcaps...

Alexis, steama and Squiby like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors