What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Adjusting the M value is only to change the temperature offset between what you experience and what's displayed on screen. To setup temperature stability you need to adjust the PI(D) coefficients as well as the max power.

Don't forget that tuboevic is fine-tuned for the Tubo only, which ships with 70W max power as the basic setting and has quite some inertia due to the heater mass. He tuned the PID around these constraints. So you can't just transpose that to another vape and hope it will work flawlessly.

little maggie

I thought that FJ's worked for the wismec as well as the evic. If so I might by that wismec relueaux given the price.

little maggie,
Reactions: ataxian

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hmm that's a lot involved that I don't know anything about lol

Thanks @KeroZen, I really just wanted to find a step-by-step set up and it was not so easy, even harder when you don't know what's what... Wanted to do the same for my new Z now as well, hope I'm not fucking things up though

Thanks again @SloJimFizz! Power bar is a good idea too, I do have good visibility when using upside down with this custom stem:

6xroz8.jpg

I should probably just be trying wattage mode, but I guess like many of us here, the allure of temp control is too much to resist...

Edit: Hmm even watts was weird, but that was with the Z on the regular cuboid, which by the way has a horribly dim screen even with the contrast all the way up. Seems like that one could be trickier to set up... I don't know this all might be too much for me honestly, I guess DNA could be better but it all feels like an ordeal of experimentation right now lol

Edit Again: okay I am guessing the cruise bar popping up when I hold the fire button in power mode is meant to be the power bar? Trying again a little more carefully now at 33 Watts with my Z on the cuboid and it seems to be working pretty well... I guess there's a lot for me to get used to too, between mod software and vape

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@Shit Snacks the cruise bar coming on in power mode is normal on the FJ firmware. It is like a cruise for as long as you hold the fire button with no cutoff until you release, which makes fj's power mode a nice mode too.
Both modes work well, tc or power, not a competition between the two.

Summer

Long Island, NY
t is like a cruise for as long as you hold the fire button with no cutoff until you release

I was under the assumption that with FJ cruise, you just click the fire button to engage & then click it again when you're done with the hit, nothing about needing to depress the fire button for the entire firing time. Please elaborate.

Summer,
Reactions: ataxian
Hmm that's a lot involved that I don't know anything about lol

Thanks @KeroZen, I really just wanted to find a step-by-step set up and it was not so easy, even harder when you don't know what's what... Wanted to do the same for my new Z now as well, hope I'm not fucking things up though

Thanks again @SloJimFizz! Power bar is a good idea too, I do have good visibility when using upside down with this custom stem:

6xroz8.jpg

I should probably just be trying wattage mode, but I guess like many of us here, the allure of temp control is too much to resist...

Edit: Hmm even watts was weird, but that was with the Z on the regular cuboid, which by the way has a horribly dim screen even with the contrast all the way up. Seems like that one could be trickier to set up... I don't know this all might be too much for me honestly, I guess DNA could be better but it all feels like an ordeal of experimentation right now lol

Edit Again: okay I am guessing the cruise bar popping up when I hold the fire button in power mode is meant to be the power bar? Trying again a little more carefully now at 33 Watts with my Z on the cuboid and it seems to be working pretty well... I guess there's a lot for me to get used to too, between mod software and vape
Nice stem!

Shit Snacks

Nice stem!

Thanks lol

Now it needs to be cleaned because of an accidental scorch trying to figure out TC before successful switch to power mode. I have another nice one in blue that doesn't narrow like this one, posted them in other threads before. I'm going to do another photo here of both mods with both vapes, with my wooden stems they are actually super sleek... Can't wait to try this new shorty cooling stem though too

Went up to 37 Watts last night and it extracted very well without any char. You do have to ride the wave with the button like an unregulated vape but it is much more stable hitting that plateau rising only slightly. It does kind of depend on your draw of course, so many variables with these things, but at least it can work pretty well pretty simply. I will have to play around to get temp control working properly with both vapes and cuboids

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh also @SloJimFizz I forgot to mention, you said .002 increments up, but mine only has round numbers? Like the IH says 105 even, unless it is already at .105 actually? So 107 would be next attempt?

Whoops double post please merge

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, so I'm in ask mode instead of answer mode. Which are among the least expensive DNA mods that would still have all the features that make the DNAs stand out? I don't really want another mod but feel compelled to get one cause I really like the idea of controlling temp better. And I would like to keep the 18650s under 3. 2 batteries makes a mod heavy enough I think...

buddingglasshead

OK, so I'm in ask mode instead of answer mode. Which are among the least expensive DNA mods that would still have all the features that make the DNAs stand out? I don't really want another mod but feel compelled to get one cause I really like the idea of controlling temp better. And I would like to keep the 18650s under 3. 2 batteries makes a mod heavy enough I think...

The chip is all that matters when it comes to DNA mods. If it's a DNA250c from x brand it'll have the same features as y brand. Your best bet it to stick with a DNA250c or DNA75c mod as it has the replay feature.

buddingglasshead,
Reactions: Summer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The chip is all that matters when it comes to DNA mods. If it's a DNA250c from x brand it'll have the same features as y brand. Your best bet it to stick with a DNA250c or DNA75c mod as it has the replay feature.
Yeah. If your buying...
No offense but I am just not throwing another $120 at a mod. I will instead keep using wattage mode or the iffy temp control in my RX 2/3. I might be talked into $75 if I must, but that is an upper limit.
The Z was a BD present to myself or I wouldn't have even done that. I guess I just won't be one of the cool kids... :rolleyes:

almost there

Yeah. If your buying...
No offense but I am just not throwing another $120 at a mod. I will instead keep using wattage mode or the iffy temp control in my RX 2/3. I might be talked into $75 if I must, but that is an upper limit.
The Z was a BD present to myself or I wouldn't have even done that. I guess I just won't be one of the cool kids... :rolleyes:
I really like my Wismec Reuleaux dna250, costed $68 shipped from a domestic warehouse. It’s 3 battery mod which also kept me from buying it for a while but after I did I realized it feels much better in hand than a 2 battery mod. There are some recent photos posted on the last page of the iheat

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Yeah. If your buying...
There is the sbody DNA75 Macro II, $54 at fasttech, single cell. I Should receive mine soon .

P.A.M.,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I really like my Wismec dna250, costed $68 shipped from a domestic warehouse. It’s 3 battery which also kept me from buying it but after I did I realized it feels much better in hand than a 2 battery mod
I do love to look of the copper body on that one. It apparently has a retail price of around $200 so you got a great deal. I'll keep an eye on it but...
There is the sbody DNA75 Macro II, $54 at fasttech, single cell. I Should receive mine soon .
Now you guys are at least in my price range... ;) Looks pretty big for a single battery. Do you find a single battery is enough?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, it's gonna be a Splinter, either the Z or the regular one. If I get a new mod it will likely be for the Z, and what I am really after is avoiding swapping them for the sake of the 510s.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Is anyone running the tuboevic software on a 3 battery mod? I am looking for something that has a long battery life for extended cruise control sessions.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I really like my Wismec Reuleaux dna250, costed $68 shipped from a domestic warehouse. It’s 3 battery mod which also kept me from buying it for a while but after I did I realized it feels much better in hand than a 2 battery mod. There are some recent photos posted on the last page of the iheat
Most of the time at home, which will be most of the time I use the mod, I will be using it on glass. I would really like to be able to leave it there sometimes and too much weight above the glass might not be good, especially on small glass pieces. I would also be concerned about the weight being off center to the joint.
These aren't necessarily deal killers but they go in to the equation.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Most of the time at home, which will be most of the time I use the mod, I will be using it on glass. I would really like to be able to leave it there sometimes and too much weight above the glass might not be good, especially on small glass pieces. I would also be concerned about the weight being off center to the joint.
These aren't necessarily deal killers but they go in to the equation.

https://eciggity.com/lost-vape-mirage-dna-75c-box-mod/
Xmas16 discount code

Top Bottom