What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

almost there

Most of the time at home, which will be most of the time I use the mod, I will be using it on glass. I would really like to be able to leave it there sometimes and too much weight above the glass might not be good, especially on small glass pieces. I would also be concerned about the weight being off center to the joint.
These aren't necessarily deal killers but they go in to the equation.
I see folks leaving their mods and attys attached to their bongs and I cringe, lol. I had a 510 deck come loose on a splinter and that’s without any unattended water play or accidents.

Last edited:

little maggie

I notice that when dna mods are suggested no one mentions the hcigar vt75d. It doesn't work for me because of my limited hand strength but it is in the sixties and is the one Alan chose for the iheat.

As an aside I might get the ravage- I like that it doesn't need special software.

little maggie

https://eciggity.com/reuleaux-rx-gen3-dual-mod-by-jaybo-design-wismec/#product-reviews

This one has a nice look and price, but I guess its not DNA? And not Tubo compatible either it seems lol
I don't understand what the sur_myevic software is but it does cover that one. I ended up buying a couple of inexpensive mods: a cuboid and a sinuous p80 for my splinters while I decide whether to keep the Hcigar. I wish I had an easier time with it because it seems like a great low cost DNA mod.

2hrs

https://eciggity.com/reuleaux-rx-gen3-dual-mod-by-jaybo-design-wismec/#product-reviews

This one has a nice look and price, but I guess its not DNA? And not Tubo compatible either it seems lol

it doesn't take funky junky? I was looking at this exact one but I thought that was RX2/3 from the compatible list on lamart?

I liked this because I think I want a 3 battery and I was thinking I'd like the cruise mode of FJ sometimes for mini seshes.

Can anyone recommend a 3 battery mod that would allow for a sesh mode software mod. I was thinking I'd like something FJ compatible since I also have a tubo on the way, but doesn't matter really if there's something else taht will allow the "cruise mode" auto fire sort of functionality.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
it doesn't take funky junky? I was looking at this exact one but I thought that was RX2/3 from the compatible list on lamart?

I liked this because I think I want a 3 battery and I was thinking I'd like the cruise mode of FJ sometimes for mini seshes.

Can anyone recommend a 3 battery mod that would allow for a sesh mode software mod. I was thinking I'd like something FJ compatible since I also have a tubo on the way, but doesn't matter really if there's something else taht will allow the "cruise mode" auto fire sort of functionality.

Yeah the other RX a lot of people use with 3batt and with FJ software is the 200S I think just checking the supported list . I didn't see the one I linked to though, the 2/3 is w different one that has capability to do 2 or 3 batteries I believe... There is a DNA RX too

I don't understand what the sur_myevic software is but it does cover that one. I ended up buying a couple of inexpensive mods: a cuboid and a sinuous p80 for my splinters while I decide whether to keep the Hcigar. I wish I had an easier time with it because it seems like a great low cost DNA mod.

Oh does it? I think @HerbieVonVapster built mysurevic? But I too know little about it... I thought it was for DNA but I guess not. It is like Tubo software but works on more devices then? With settings for SplinterZ in TC already?

I am curious about the P80 too, if it can also be loaded with the same that would be great. Nicer mods but still without DNA however... I wonder how well the Z will fit on the P80 too, I'd like a single

But yeah if I can get Tubo software or good temp control with mysurevic or something I think I'd get this RX Gen3 despite not having DNA just bc I dig the form factor... But still want proper TC! lol

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: 2hrs

2hrs

yeah i loved the rx gen3 form factor. smallest 3 battery mod.

But I'm curious if it would take the @funkyjunky software, but he just hasn't tested/updated the list on the site.

2hrs,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I am also in pursuit of a 3 battery mod that can run the cruise control software. It would be great to have a powerhouse with cruise control.

Shit Snacks

yeah i loved the rx gen3 form factor. smallest 3 battery mod.

But I'm curious if it would take the @funkyjunky software, but he just hasn't tested/updated the list on the site.

Yeah it may work anyway? I don't know, want to be sure before buying... But btw RX Gen3 is 2batt mod (the one I linked to) with hatch door instead of different shells like the 2/3

I am also in pursuit of a 3 battery mod that can run the cruise control software. It would be great to have a powerhouse with cruise control.

Yeah the RX200S is the one @AJS has for that, the RX300 is 4batts while the RX2/3 is 2 or 3 optional. The RX230C is the 3batt DNA version

Shit Snacks,

little maggie

The sur_myevic software seems to be an updated version of FJ's software. It mainly covers the same evic and wismec mods with some newer ones added. I'm going to try it with my P80. The software has cruise control.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
FunkyJunky compatibility list
http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

Sur_myevic compatibility list
https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/blob/master/git_doc_en/usageandcompatibility_en.md

Wismec reuleaux RX200s and the RX 2/3 will run either firmware and take 3x 18650 batteries (the RX2/3 can also run with 2 batteries)
What is the difference between the funkyjunky firmware and the mysurevic firmware?

Thanks @little maggie as it seems you answered my question as I posted it!

little maggie

The mysurevic software is not from FJ. I'll be able to compare because the other mod I bought is an evic cuboid which will work with FJ's software.

Hippie

What is the difference between the funkyjunky firmware and the mysurevic firmware?

All explained in those links, the Tubo thread and the box mod firmware thread :)
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic.22992/
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tc-box-mods-firmware-discussions-and-customizing.23742/

They are both based on the myevic open source firmware.
@funkyjunky has added some features and tuned the settings for his Tubo - like the cruse mode, temp stepping, and eco cruise modes
Sur_myevic has been updated so it is compatible with a few newer devices that have the same chip inside. It has none of the weed vaping features FunkyJunky has added as it is developed by ecig vapers, altho it does have an Autofire mode which acts in a similar way as Cruise mode to give you hands free operation for upto 25 seconds or an unset time length.

Shit Snacks

Thanks @Hippie!

Ah I had presumed it was made by @HerbieVonVapster (did you make one yourself or did I make that up?) and would have profiles for other 510 convection Vapes to use TC... Is there anything that has that? Or did I misread somewhere, could've been for DNA but I'm not sure... Maybe none have that

So just to get a 20sec fire cut off and a 25sec cruise it would be worthwhile to have surmyevic on the RX Gen3, but I would still need to figure out how to get an accurate safe TC working for my SplinterZ myself? Hmm I like the look of the mod a lot, and the price, but should I just save for a DNA mod instead I wonder... Not too thrilled with any of their designs honestly, even Triade or RX

almost there

Thanks @Hippie!

Ah I had presumed it was made by @HerbieVonVapster (did you make one yourself or did I make that up?) and would have profiles for other 510 convection Vapes to use TC... Is there anything that has that? Or did I misread somewhere, could've been for DNA but I'm not sure... Maybe none have that

So just to get a 20sec fire cut off and a 25sec cruise it would be worthwhile to have surmyevic on the RX Gen3, but I would still need to figure out how to get an accurate safe TC working for my SplinterZ myself? Hmm I like the look of the mod a lot, and the price, but should I just save for a DNA mod instead I wonder... Not too thrilled with any of their designs honestly, even Triade or RX
@HerbieVonVapster 's fc share files for DNA devices come with profiles all set up for iheat, stempod, splinter and splinter z. You can make a few fine adjustments but it's really simple.

Shit Snacks

Damn I really think I want the RX Gen3 Dual, form factor wise it seems perfect ergonomically and superficially, but so it won't give me the easy temp control DNA offers then. Wish they had a DNA chip in the same body version like they do the RX200... Ah what to do, I am so close to grabbing it for $40 anyway even just for wattage since the Cuboid kinda sucks lol (the Mini is nice though) wish I could get money back or sell it to justify this MAS!

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

from where?

Eciggity, they've got 16% off going on right now, only have the brushed gunmetal I think which is the one I wanted. All together it came to like $41 or so with first class shipping, so I did it...
If I like it then hopefully they'll come out with a DNA version some day, when I can actually spend more money lol I would have gone with the RX DNA230C cept the size/shape with 3batts (plus bronze may not match my Canarywood too well) makes me prefer the Triade a bit, but yeah I just really like the look of this Gen3 Dual and expect to like the feel as well

almost there

Eciggity, they've got 16% off going on right now, only have the brushed gunmetal I think which is the one I wanted. All together it came to like $41 or so with first class shipping, so I did it...
If I like it then hopefully they'll come out with a DNA version some day, when I can actually spend more money lol I would have gone with the RX DNA230C cept the size/shape with 3batts (plus bronze may not match my Canarywood too well) makes me prefer the Triade a bit, but yeah I just really like the look of this Gen3 Dual and expect to like the feel as well
It’s always good to go for the one you like best, less chance of buyer’s regret;). But.....the bronze dna 250 can be had for $68 and looks fantastic with canary wood, I have a canarywood UD and I just stacked them to see:D. Please keep us informed, I’m more comfortable with the tubo fw but if surmyevic works well for you I may join you

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

It’s always good to go for the one you like best, less chance of buyer’s regret;). But.....the bronze dna 250 can be had for $68 and looks fantastic with canary wood, I have a canarywood UD and I just put them together to see:D. Please keep us informed, I’m more comfortable with the tubo fw but if surmyevic works well for you I may join you

Haha yeah I already regret the Cuboid but I thought I liked it! The Cuboid Mini is much better at least, just not super useful... I only know Tubo too, so we'll see, maybe stock software is fine even (has cool hex layout). If it cuts off at 10sec I'll probably need to try surmyevic for sure then, don't need cruise but it is nice to not always have to hold the button (seems surmyevic gives you a 25sec autofire as opposed to a real cruise)

That is an amazing price on the RX230C, very very tempting... I just wish it was a 2batt, don't feel like buying new batteries just yet as I have plenty singles and a few pairs already... Though if I did I would just keep them internal anyway, but how big is the mod in hand with the Z? It is just so tempting to be able to use specific profiles with proper temp control all set...

Top Bottom