What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

almost there

Ah yeah that's kind saw that, I dono I just find that one so so ugly lol not sure the DNA makes it really worth the appearance for me... just so cheap and plasticky with design like a kids toy haha I dono, thanks dude

https://vapesourcing.com/wismec-reuleaux-evolv-dna250-limited-version-250w.html

A few of us picked up this unit from the link @Summer posted. You can select shipping from the US warehouse and it comes out to like $70 with the current coupon code displayed on the site. I'm currently using this one with my iHeat and it's been working great.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Rock Bottom Vapes carries the Evic Mini for $38.00 here They are in the US and you don't have to buy 10 at a time, like DHgate wants.
Since you got a handle on using the Tubo, integrate the same engine for your I Heat.

Ah thanks, yeah been thinking that might make sense but I do feel like the cuboid looks a little cooler? Any downsides to it?

It's acutaly not made of plastic, sorry for wasting my time trying to help you dude . Could have been more class then suggesting that "to you" I bought a kids toys . I'm looking at performance over esthétique myself. Rather buy a DNA chip first rather then wonder and buy a DNA later anyway.. cheers ! The all leather vapeman DNA is at a decent price too , don't know if it's too senior looking for you or over your budget . Was abit over mine but niceness mod all the same.

Sorry to have offended you, design appearance is a very subjective thing, did not mean to insult anyone. Yeah performance is paramount, good to know its not plastic, I dono why it just turns me off a bit. The steam too frankly, yeah price and design is tricky it seems with these mods. Don't want to spend so much time researching but I am pretty picky I guess so we'll see lol I find a lot of these mods to be unnatractive, maybe a kids toy would be better for me even! I appreciate your advice, why I don't want to rush into a non DNA mod either, had been looking at the paranormal before and the prism is cool, but yeah can't justify spending much on this unfortunately...

https://vapesourcing.com/wismec-reuleaux-evolv-dna250-limited-version-250w.html

A few of us picked up this unit from the link @Summer posted. You can select shipping from the US warehouse and it comes out to like $70 with the current coupon code displayed on the site. I'm currently using this one with my iHeat and it's been working great.

Ah yeah I saw this too, it does seem like it'd work great (with tubo software?) and price is semi-reasonable, the bronze look is kinda cool too, but its just so big... I guess with 3batts I'd keep em inside anyway, but then I'd have to buy 3 new batts to pair then too? Ehhh

Thanks everyone for helping me, sorry if I make it difficult to do so lol

aoaiwof

Need to get something for an iHeat now, want to save so I guess any DNA thing is out... Someone said eleaf ipower was good and I do like the idea of not having to swap batteries, but maybe I should stick with something that uses tubo software since I am already familiar with that? Cuboid perhaps, but which... Theres way too many potential options, I just want one small and simple and cheap
I have just bought a Wismec Sinuous P80 in bronze for an iHeat, although my iHeat is still on the way. But the mod looks only £30 delivered, supports Arctic Fox custom firmware, and imho looks nice -- I think the bronze will look good with my walnut iHeat ^__^

Summer

Long Island, NY
To many aesthetics don't matter, to others it does. For me, I don't want a glass of wine if it's in a regular drinking glass. Aesthetics & ambience matter to me as it makes for a more sensual, thus pleasurable, experience.

@Shit Snacks, here's the compatible tubo firmware link. I'm with you, I have no need for a heavy 3-batt mod.
I went with a 2-batt. But if you are willing to charge after ever 1 or 2 uses (depending on your usage) go with a 1 batt. And consider getting an extra battery so you aren't left high & dry in your time of need.

http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

Refresh these threads a couple of times everyday to check out the deals & subscribe to their daily emails which contain special offers:

https://cheapvaping.deals/category/vape-deals-by-category/box-mods-deals

http://vape.deals/category/regulated-mods/box-mods/

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Thanks everyone, probably does make sense to stick with the tubo software and find a way to work it with IH, then I'll have it for any others as well.

Thinking of the RXmini just for simplicity, though I suppose the battery might be a little small at 2100mah, I wonder if it works well otherwise?
https://www.litecigusa.net/Wismec-Reuleaux-RX-Mini-Mod-p/wismec-rx-mini-mod.htm

Alternatively I think I would go with the Cuboid, but I would need two batteries for it. The cuboid 200 looks pretty cool actually too, but it looks like it takes three batteries even... Yeah too big. Here is the 2batt Cuboid for $30, maybe thats best

https://www.eightvape.com/products/joyetech-150w-cuboid-tc-express-kit
(Ah apparently it would have been another 30% off a few days ago, now just an extra 8% off helps offset shipping I guess... Not sure how reliable this places though. Anyone have any experience with them? Reviews for shipping hmm...)

That eleaf ipower had a 5200mah batt I think but I guess the software I dono what it is. That was $37 so closer to the RX mini with more than double the battery power however... I guess cuboid with new batteries may be worth it

Orrrr just going with a Cuboid mini, 2400mah for $18 here could be the cheapest safest option to start https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Origina...ull-Kit/362462045815?var=&hash=item54646be677

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Thanks everyone, probably does make sense to stick with the tubo software and find a way to work it with IH, then I'll have it for any others as well.

Thinking of the RXmini just for simplicity, though I suppose the battery might be a little small at 2100mah, I wonder if it works well otherwise?
https://www.litecigusa.net/Wismec-Reuleaux-RX-Mini-Mod-p/wismec-rx-mini-mod.htm

Alternatively I think I would go with the Cuboid, but I would need two batteries for it. The cuboid 200 looks pretty cool actually too, but it looks like it takes three batteries even... Yeah too big. Here is the 2batt Cuboid for $30, maybe thats best

https://www.eightvape.com/products/joyetech-150w-cuboid-tc-express-kit
(Ah apparently it would have been another 30% off a few days ago, now just an extra 8% off helps offset shipping I guess... Not sure how reliable this places though. Anyone have any experience with them? Reviews for shipping hmm...)

That eleaf ipower had a 5200mah batt I think but I guess the software I dono what it is. That was $37 so closer to the RX mini with more than double the battery power however... I guess cuboid with new batteries may be worth it

Orrrr just going with a Cuboid mini, 2400mah for $18 here could be the cheapest safest option to start https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Origina...ull-Kit/362462045815?var=&hash=item54646be677
Now , those look like plastic mods! loll . no offence taken , what might be ugly and toy like to one might not to another . True , appearance matters when pairing a mod to handcrafted cartridge , I just get a feel that mods don't last and are constantly upgraded / discontinued from one model to another . I figure I'll try a low cost DNA , if I really really like it , and if it lasts a good year plus , then I can buy a better mod if need be to cater my mod/cartridge match appearance needs .

That P80 suggested looks neat , houses cartridge up to 25mm, the size of the iH.

Wish you the best in your search,it might make sense to stick to tubo , i wouldn't know .. I'll post pics of the Macro II when i receive it so we can all see how cheap or not it looks :lol:

Shit Snacks

Now , those look like plastic mods! loll . no offence taken , what might be ugly and toy like to one might not to another . True , appearance matters when pairing a mod to handcrafted cartridge , I just get a feel that mods don't last and are constantly upgraded / discontinued from one model to another . I figure I'll try a low cost DNA , if I really really like it , and if it lasts a good year plus , then I can buy a better mod if need be to cater my mod/cartridge match appearance needs .

That P80 suggested looks neat , houses cartridge up to 25mm, the size of the iH.

Wish you the best in your search,it might make sense to stick to tubo , i wouldn't know .. I'll post pics of the Macro II when i receive it so we can all see how cheap or not it looks :lol:

Yeah the more I look at the Micro the better it seems even lol not bad at all... We'll see what I end up with, might be a while before I try, or may just grab the cuboid mini for a cheap play thing :ko:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Yeah the more I look at the Micro the better it seems even lol not bad at all... We'll see what I end up with, might be a while before I try, or may just grab the cuboid mini for a cheap play thing :ko:
It does grow on you! I've been eying it since pre-order. I do recall not liking the red Y at first plus fasttech changed the photos last couple days . (New photos might have plastic film packaging on the red part) the sbody website photos look nice and in silver and red , but also look like they are digitalized. Anyhoot , not sure what I'll get but I'll share with you's, lol.

It should , I hope, be compatible with @HerbieVonVapster iHeat DNA files ? I'll probably just use stock at first to figure shit out.

HerbieVonVapster

For smallest mod I go with the wismec sinuous p80. For nice looks the wismec 250dna looks great with both the iheat and splinter/splinterZ.

The wismec sinuous is getting a beating this trip scratch to shit from being dropped so much. Rolled down side of a canyon good 8-10 foot bouncing on rock and cactus. Felt for sure it was a goner.

Add the small size. The side led Indicator light for cruise control and side firing that allows you to palm this mod in use. Really can’t say enough good things about it.

Yes any DNA mod will work with my fcshare file :) the theme in complete download is worth the download I feel. Plus give you some good material files to play get started with.

Sorry about above responses on road and broke phone and not use to using iPad mini for forums. The free state park WiFi sucks here so doing the best I can do to respond. :( Been off the grid the last week so just skimming thru threads well have internet trying answer few questions.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
The wismec sinuous is getting a beating this trip scratch to shit from being dropped so much. Rolled down side of a canyon good 8-10 foot bouncing on rock and cactus. Felt for sure it was a goner.

I recommend to everyone a ModShield silicone protector, if only minimally, for use outside the house. ModShield sells on amazon, ebay & their own site. They are highly rated. I have one for my Eleaf & am now picking up one for my Wismec. They are available for the most popular vapes. I haven't seen the colored ones which look to be a little thicker than the translucent one I have. Works great, no obstruction & provides a good hand grip & feel.

https://www.amazon.com/ModShield-Wi...8-1&keywords=modshield+for+wismec+sinuous+p80

little maggie

This is probably the wrong thread for this question but not sure where to go:
I am a total boxmod ignoramus. I just bought an HCIGAR VT75D for an upcoming iheat. With my tubo I just followed FJ's set up instructions. Is there something like that for the HCIGAR or can someone familiar with it tell me what settings to use?

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
This is probably the wrong thread for this question but not sure where to go:
I am a total boxmod ignoramus. I just bought an HCIGAR VT75D for an upcoming iheat. With my tubo I just followed FJ's set up instructions. Is there something like that for the HCIGAR or can someone familiar with it tell me what settings to use?

Alan wrote down his settings for hcigar and Ihaeat (in IH thread i believe)
I have hcigar too and really there is little to play for good performances: power (30w) and temperature
(Preheating too but it seems you can leave factory settings)

For each puff hcigar will show a graph, you will see if temperature is steady (horizontal line) or not, if not you have to push up power (watt) to adapt to your faster draw.

Then you play with temperature knowing it is coil temp not your load. I have it @242-247C 30w

Andreaerdna,

little maggie

Alan wrote down his settings for hcigar and Ihaeat (in IH thread i believe)
I have hcigar too and really there is little to play for good performances: power (30w) and temperature
(Preheating too but it seems you can leave factory settings)

For each puff hcigar will show a graph, you will see if temperature is steady (horizontal line) or not, if not you have to push up power (watt) to adapt to your faster draw.

Then you play with temperature knowing it is coil temp not your load. I have it @242-247C 30w
Thank you so much. Mine came with a usb connector but I don't know why.

little maggie,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Thank you so much. Mine came with a usb connector but I don't know why.

You are welcome :)

Usb is for charging and connecting to a PC windows

When you connect to a pc you can access same settings and more through a software called escribe

To use most of hcigar fonctionalities though it isn’t necessary, rather to fine tune it (and use that replay mode i never used)

I forgot to mention the tc mode is « SS316 »

Shit Snacks

My Cuboids are finally arriving today, so I will get them loaded with the tubo software. I can search later, but anyone know offhand what value to change to what so I can use some form of TC with the iHeat? Would help me get going quicker :D Will also need it for the SplinterZ soon, I could also post in their dedicated threads I suppose, but figured I'd just start here again. Thanks!

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Alright yeah I have no idea how to get this to work lol no option to update software in tubo firmware updater, its grayed out with cuboid connected, recognized as "unknown device" ... Oh sorry for double post too, edit was gone

Nevermind, found the instructions here, for anyone else needing it:
tubo evic

And now I think this will help me navigate the menus to set up?
What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

The screen on the cuboid is super difficult to read, very dark, not sure if that brightness can be adjusted... it is nice and bright on the cuboid mini however

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Awesome, thanks! Yeah I saw that option in the mini, needed to get the atty attached before I could get into the menu it seemed. Will try on the 150w later to see if I can set it up the same, but the screen does seem different perhaps...

A big thank you to @SloJimFizz bc that post I linked to got me going with the iHeat on the Cuboid Mini for starters with the M value and other settings --I have it at 2 clicks switch to power mode (I think, haven't tested yet) then 3 to cruise and 4 to edit. Editing on the main screen is indeed tricky at first, but then easy to figure out and quick to learn for me at least.

It is great being able to adjust your power/watts on the same main screen as your temp setting. I have the power set to 27w (and may even try less for battery efficiency one the mini, though of course must try more as well) and it is working at 365 so well after a manual preheat that I took it back down to 345. Will need to see if they feel like true temps, but I know most vapes have their own feel anyway so I am fine to adjusting to how it is here like I did with Tubo (though I am stuck on 5s going up by 10 degrees here, don't need single degree increments, but would like to be on the evens at least? since I am familiar with that from Tubo so I ca do like 360, 380 etc vs 385...)

Anyway still a lot to figure out, but now I can start to play... Will probably keep the IH on the Mini since my Splitner Z comes tomorrow and will make more sense on the Cuboid until I get a DNA mod... IH on the Mini is super compact btw, tiny overhang on screen side and rear, though the 150W is also pretty damn compact.

Back to it, thanks again to everyone here!!

Edit: and actually does seem to be dropping excessively during an inhale so I probably need to adjust that M value though I'm not sure I am up to the test... not sure if it should be higher or lower, or even by how much at a time? Its been awhile and I just honestly don't want to spend so much time and energy researching and testing anymore lol a little out of my element here! :ko:

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Yes, helps to see the screen during draws while fine tuning. I turned on the power bar in the menu, which gives a good visual when the watts drop and kick back up. Your pretty close @Shit Snacks I'd say bring up the M value in .002 increments and try and get the temp only dropping 10-15° when you start drawing.
To change the 10° step to 5°, go to Interface menu and turn on 1C5F.
Glad my earlier post helped you a bit. :peace:

Top Bottom