What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

little maggie

It’s always good to go for the one you like best, less chance of buyer’s regret;). But.....the bronze dna 250 can be had for $68 and looks fantastic with canary wood, I have a canarywood UD and I just stacked them to see:D. Please keep us informed, I’m more comfortable with the tubo fw but if surmyevic works well for you I may join you
Where is the dna 25o for that price? I am worried that I'm developing MAS- mod acquisition syndrome. This is not good.

almost there

Unfortunately they’re all sold out now at Vapesourcing.com , still can be had for $80 on eBay but the deals was sweet at $68. Indeed, MAS is a killer, somehow I find myself with 4 mods, it's so easy to keep buying them because they're always on sale, lol

If anyone is looking for a Gen 3 dual

https://vapesourcing.com/wismec-reuleaux-rx-gen3-dual-tc-box-mod-230w.html

coupon code "Xmas" brings the price down 15%, mod can be had for $32 shipped

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And apparently the RX Gen3 Dual can run Tubo software according to @Lozo with the SplinterZ so that is even more exciting for me now. Really shouldn't have jumped on that Cuboid, despite the screen haha, oh well trying to return it...

I am going to continue to hold off a DNA mod for now though that Triade deal is so fucking tempting... I just don't want to buy 3batts yet and yeah too many mods now, so the Dual will be for my Z, we'll see if we can ever figure out the proper settings for TC, but Watts are very fine

Shit Snacks

Are there problems with just leaving the battery in the mod and charging via usb instead of using a battery charger? I always take my batteries out when they aren't in use.

No reason to take them out in fancy mods like these, they all offer protection so its not like an unregulated device, perfectly safe to leave in and charge in. You can absolutely just leave them in to charge and recharge in the unit, you will never need to replace them if you dont want to until they eventually weaken. There is of course the benefit of having a charged up pair ready to go and swap in when you run out of battery life, but if you don't need to rely on that, there's no reason you would have to. Just treat it as a fixed battery or however you like!

almost there

No reason to take them out in fancy mods like these, they all offer protection so its not like an unregulated device, perfectly safe to leave in and charge in. You can absolutely just leave them in to charge and recharge in the unit, you will never need to replace them if you dont want to until they eventually weaken. There is of course the benefit of having a charged up pair ready to go and swap in when you run out of battery life, but if you don't need to rely on that, there's no reason you would have to. Just treat it as a fixed battery or however you like!
Every video review I ever watched about the Wismec Reuleaux besides the dna units recommend you do not charge the batteries in the mod bc no one is confident they actually have balanced charging ;)

@little maggie I never take my batteries out when the mod is not in use and I don’t charge my batteries is the mod either

Shit Snacks

Every video review I ever watched about the Wismec Reuleaux besides the dna units recommend you do not charge the batteries in the mod bc no one is confident they actually have balanced charging ;)

@little maggie I never take my batteries out when the mod is not in use and I don’t charge my batteries is the mod either

lol jeez why wouldnt it have balanced charging? Ridiculous

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So y'all like the $31 rx gen3 dual deal for tc with a Splinter? Will it run sur_myevic and/or Arctic Fox?

I have a vtc dual for my og Splinter but I ordered one of the new Chinese ones so that'll be here eventually.

bossman,

Hippie

Arctic fox wiki and compatibility list
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...nt7COsrCWytwYN5Yfk/mobilebasic#h.fvjpwtw0kb39

Software and tools
https://nfeteam.org

Their device monitor works with sur_myevic and tubomyevic so it may be possible to backup profiles but I don't think anyone has done that other than backing up the whole device as Funkyjunky has.

At $31 I think I'd rather have the RX gen3 dual than another Invoke in my collection - as the RX build quality and battery door in particular looks a little more robust than the invoke.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
At $31 I think I'd rather have the RX gen3 dual than another Invoke in my collection - as the RX build quality and battery door in particular looks a little more robust than the invoke.

Super helpful: it's actually my Invoke on my og Splinter (vtc dual is on my Tubo X).

The last thing that's confusing me as I go to check out is that I like that bronze color but don't know if that's purple/brown or gold. I don't want gold if it's that bright orange one.

This is the color I was trying to select:

https://vapesourcing.com/media/cata...i/wismec_reuleaux_rx_gen3_dual_box_mod-05.jpg

Edit: I went to the Wismec site and I'm pretty sure it's the purple/brown! We'll see.

Thanks again @Hippie

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yowza, checkout on my phone via PayPal was fucking up so I checked out on a computer and the little color thumbnails are more helpful on the non-mobile site.

The rx gen3 dual does look less cheaply made than my Invoke.

bossman,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I see folks leaving their mods and attys attached to their bongs and I cringe, lol. I had a 510 deck come loose on a splinter and that’s without any unattended water play or accidents.
I get that. Frankly that is why I am trying to stay at 2 batteries and one that carries the weight directly over the joint.

I don't leave it on the WT for overnight or anything like that, just occasionally for a few or several minutes between sessions on a multi session evening. I am also pretty compulsive about not threading on or off when it is warm.
But.....the bronze dna 250 can be had for $68 and looks fantastic with canary wood
Oh shit. Who has that price?

Found one for $10 more on Ebay with free shipping, but "autoshoppingmall" even with 99% positive feedback doesn't really instill confidence...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WISMEC0-Re...734231?hash=item41f17337d7:g:jtMAAOSwmNlbzmSw

And then there's the off center weight...

Last edited:

almost there

@cybrguy the $68 deal is gone but that $78 eBay price is still amazing, keep in mind that mod is discontinued so these prices are to liquidate existing inventory. I had a chance once to get one of those Vapeman steam engines(dna75) for $50ish but procrastinated too long and now they’re no longer available at all. At that time I thought why would I need 3 mods but here I am awaiting the 5th

Last edited:

almost there

I will fight MAS tooth and nail...

Uh... I do kinda like that steam punky look of the faux brass/copper...
dude......you said you didn’t need a splinter and here you are shopping for mods for ....splinter z?:D Just accept it, you need one mod for every atty and more attys are being released every season:lol:. it’s like a vapcap, you don’t have to have a tip for every stem, but.....you know

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yep, I get it for sure. As @almost there pointed out above I said I wasn't even gonna board this train, mostly because of the potential for MAS, and now I have a Splinter, a SplinterZ and I am contemplating my second mod.
As I have learned (witness the DV thread) resistance is futile...

Grifo

aww man they dont have the colors i want for the wismec that ship from the US

Grifo,
Reactions: JCat

little maggie

I'm getting ready to start a box mod for idiots thread. My cuboid mini arrived today and I spent hours trying to figure out how to open it to install a battery. I couldn't figure out why none of the "unboxing" videos included that. And why I didn't have this much trouble with my lost evic.
I hope my p80 is more brainless.

Top Bottom