Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Hello FC!

My name is Jeff and I'm a member on a couple of other cannabis sites under the same handle: JJ420. Anyways, this site seems pretty down to earth compared to some of the others out there. I've finally decided to join up because for the first time, I'd like to see what vaping is all about and perhaps start a small collection of devices.
I'd finally gotten into scientific glass around this time last year - and that's after a decade of toking. For years it used to be all about having a budget of $200 and spending like 180 of it on bud, and then twenty on some cheap little color changing pyrex pipe. My evolutionary steps over time have been: starting out by poking holes in a soda can with my friends way back in junior high, then making disposable pipes using a Bic pen and aluminum foil(yuck!), then there were those cheap three-piece metal pipes during the first half of my high school years where I would stash a dime in the middle and let it resonate heavily over the course of the bag, then on to mostly rolling joints with the aid of a Zig-Zag hand roller throughout the latter part of high school and a few of the following years after that. Took a big break for a few years due to moving and having no connect. I had grown tired of the ritual of fronting money and/or waiting all day just for some bullshit to finally come around my way. Seeing during that time the state of California becoming much more lax in their attitude towards cannabis and consequently the quality, variety, and dispensaries blowing up out there, I'd just decided to give up the old school method of getting the hookup in lieu of waiting for the country as a whole to shift its attitude and relax laws like they had done in Cali. Why should I be paying like fifty bucks for a half-ounce of utter, vile crap and going through the whole rigmarole to get it while in another state people have options and access and don't have to put up with BS? So I quit for a long while. I'd started sparking up again with a friend at work a few years after that, but still had NO idea about quality glass or anything else. I was still rolling those joints with that hand roller.
Fast forward to this time last year and I had bought a HVY 4-arm waterpipe off my local CL. The male joint on the ash catcher was chipped, so I had decided to drop by a notable head shop in Dallas(where I was living at the time) to seek out a replacement ac for the tube. Now every other head shop I had been into up until that point was more like an adult novelty store selling cheap acrylic and Pyrex stuff. When I stepped into this place I was shocked at all this high end glass displayed there before me. Toro, Illadelph, US Tubes, Fathead, Hops, and custom after custom heady piece. I had never seen anything like that before! So I bought the replacement ash catcher and then a Toro circ/circ during the following week and that was it - I had lifted off into the world of $$$ all glass on glass tubes. So now a year later I've got a decent collection of tubes numbering somewhere around a dozen, not to mention quite a few ac's and an assortment of diffused downstems and slides, all culminated in about a year's time and mainly funded through selling other stuff on CL from past hobbies and whatnot.
So here I am now with my collection of scientific glass pretty much maxed out. Anything more at this point would be a linear move seeing how I've basically got every popular style of perc out there. So now I am looking to start a small collection of vaporizers. I've never vaped before and all of my friends never had or have used one, so this will be a first and a new direction.
I've got my mind pretty much set on an SSV, PD, and VHW. Really the VHW is the one that led me to here. I'd found out about it's ability to mate with your existing tubes and came on here looking to find out more info on them. I've been back and forth all weekend trying to pull the trigger on it, but some of the reviews are scaring the hell out of me. I don't doubt that it works and works very well, it's just when it works. All of the stories of failed units and people being on their [insert number here] wand have made me real gun shy about it. But I'm still open to the idea and will probably end up making a decision either way on this Black Monday while the deals are still around to be had.

I very much look forward to participating on this forum! :)

Regards,
Jeff

JJ420,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
ive been reading this forum for awhile and i just got around to registering. been smoking for 20 years but i need to be more discreet because my kids started to question the strange smoke smell. so i purchased a MFLB due to the research done using this site. best purchase ive made in a while..peace folks...

pinoy,
I'm 18, and I live in Ferndale, MI. When shopping around for my second vape, I lurked around here for the majority of my research and I went with the Extreme Q. Very satisfied, indeed. My first one was a $80 vaporite that I sold off to my idiot friend. Not much to say, really. I go to school, I work, I love weed. Particularly my medicali and my vape.

purplemudkip,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome everyone! You've come to the right place for vapor information.
And purplemudkip, it's always good to see the D represented by another vapist. There are a few of us here.

Happy vaping. :D

momofthegoons,

BookWorm

OO said:
Welcome bookworm, readers are great people, and usually remain smart into their later years.

btw, is there any particular reason you choose to identify yourself as a democrat.

Thanks for the welcome =)

I identify myself as a democrat because between the GOP, and the Dems, i tend to agree more often with democrats on political issues. Why i told everyone here? hmm... I guess it's simply a matter of politics are important to me, and i like to share things that are important to me =)

Egzoset said:
What about "Gothic" music?
mmm, could you give me some band names? "gothic" music sounds like something i'd like.

danalee48 said:
I like you already. lol
d'aw thanks danalee =)

BookWorm,

PuffnPass

Proud Vaporist
:peace: Whats up fellow Vaporists!! Isn't vaping great man?! I'll tell ya my quick story. Started smoking herb back in the late 90s, started in HIGH school. I was always a pipe user, and had very anti-marijuana conservative christian parents who would not compromise with me. So I quickly began trying the stealth method of sneaking outside to toke a bowl, and come in, and worry myself about the smell and smoke and all that crap. My throat would burn and I'd feel weird breathing...and ugh..I got use to smoking, but I never really enjoyed it. Except bongs, bongs are the sh*t.

So after years of getting caught by my parents and smoking, I finally moved the hell out and went to college. Now I'm 1 year away from my degree in communication from UCSB. I've smoked 7-8 years and vaped for 2. My first vape I ever used was a non-hands free VB one. And I instantly fell in love, vaping is something I wish was invented like 10 years before it gained a lot of mainstream support. Like 1 and a half years ago I finally bought my own dark coffee VB and despite the high price (supported my local head shop), I love the damn thing.

But.... you know that feeling of like being downtown or out somewhere and wanting to vape and not comedown/get sleepy, and than I just wanna go home sometimes to vape in peace. So 1 week ago I finally looked into the MFLB after seeing a ton of ppl talking about it on grasscity. So I ordered one and have been excited as can be, and it just came today and I'm lifted on it, I love the little sucker and I'm so happy to have a portable vape! I'm a daily vaper and I never wanna be without it! Unless I'm t-breakin hehe.

Anyways I love FC, the name of the websites awesome, and I love this website more than any other weed related website because it cators to people who are devoted to vaping versus smoking. Smokings fine, I love glass like the next guy. But I've done enough smoking ( i use to smoke cigs for a couple years to off and on.) 7-8 years and vape 100% of the time, get exercise, and live a healthy lifestyle. Very happy to be here!!

PuffnPass,

redheadedeskimo

I've been browsing FC for a while. I got my mmj card a while ago, and the smoke has started getting just a little too harsh. I've vaped out of a few different pieces before, so I've been browsing around looking for the ideal piece for purchase. I think I've found it, and am hoping to be ordering a Woodeez very soon!

redheadedeskimo,

PuffnPass

Proud Vaporist
Wow I'm hearing crickets up in this mofo, damn. Thanks for the warm welcome vaporist assholes! And since you never check this thread merry f*ck you all, I hope santa rapes your buttholes with a candy-cane. I didn't get a single welcome, so fc, im out.

PuffnPass,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
PuffnPass said:
Wow I'm hearing crickets up in this mofo, damn. Thanks for the warm welcome vaporist assholes! And since you never check this thread merry f*ck you all, I hope santa rapes your buttholes with a candy-cane. I didn't get a single welcome, so fc, im out.

Hey chill out we're on vaping time - might take us a few days but stay if you want and welcome.

jeffp,

Qbit

cannabanana
jeffp said:
PuffnPass said:

Hey chill out we're on vaping time - might take us a few days but stay if you want and welcome.

What Jeffp said. It's not the busiest thread, so we don't check it all the time. I try to check each week, but sometimes not.

Welcome anyway, and chill out a bit please. Things are more relaxed around here.

Qbit,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Puffnpass, not only is it not the busiest thread, it is the busiest time of year. Often people will just check their favorite thread.

I'd like to welcome you, but feel the need to warn you that if you are as confrontational with the rest of your posts, you will not be here long. Hopefully, the disappointment you felt at not having an immediate warm welcome has passed, you've vaped a little, and realize that no one was snubbing you intentionally.

So.....finally.....welcome to the forum to both you and redheadedeskimo. :D

momofthegoons,

OO

Technical Skeptical
PuffnPass said:
i love you already!

guess i have a new favorite board member.

OO,

PuffnPass

Proud Vaporist
Sorry for being an asshole, I usually refrain from losing my temper on the internet.

Mod note: You'll need to refrain more often than usually here. If you'll take the time to read the rules you'll find that your unhappy post above was a flagrant violation of our #1 rule.

PuffnPass,

BookWorm

Egzoset said:
All right! Lets see if i can offer you a couple samples that will fit adequately then:

thanks for the links! if this is pretty exemplary of goth music, i like it :)

BookWorm,

laoxinat

Hi everyone!
When I read the beginning of this thread, I thought I was going to have to introduce myself as "your mom". But then I saw there are some of us ancients about. :lmao: I'm caregiver and am hoping that by April of next year to be a MMJ card bearer, assuming my state doesn't steal the voters' choice AGAIN. My husband as spinal stenosis, and I have severe chronic pain, possibly rheumatoid arthritis. I am hoping to be employed by a dispensary or to build my own MMJ-related online business in/over the next little while. I am a huge proponent of vaporizing over smoking, and harp incessantly on my still smoking friends, and the huzz, who is still smoking, though is slowly being brought over to the light. My next trick is going to be to soak the crud out of our bubbler, get appropriate adaptation, and forbid its use for combustion :whip: I am considering a log-type vape as we mostly vape by ourselves, plus the medical prices really necessitate a truly efficient system. I will very likely add some kind of hydration. I am pretty sure that with just a plug-type adapter our bubbler will work fine in that role, otherwise, I'll be shopping! I love the idea of the Cloud, but we just cannot be trusted with glass. I can replace a bubbler or little Ehle 100 ml piece a lot easier than the glass that comes with the cloud. I love this forum, there seems to be a nice shared feeling of community here, with lots of helpfulness and a lack of tolerance for ass-hattery. Nice! I am using my original vape, the Vapor Brothers, which I like just fine, though I have had it for around 5 years, and I admit I am a little bit concerned for its future. I most definitely do not want to get caught with no vaporizer (shudder). So I am thinking either the MZ or the WDz depending on how much I have to spend, and on whether or not I can find the pieces I'd need to convert our bubbler. Well, that's about it folks! Happy vaping and I will definitely see you all around.

laoxinat,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Welcome laoxinaut. I use and enjoy my Vapor Brothers which I had bought used through a Craigslist ad for $70 which was eventually repaired and made current for a nominal charge by the manufacturer. I'm pretty sure they offer a lifetime warranty if you have your receipt. Even better I bought a used VaporBox from an ad from right here, which again needed a repair, and the manufacturer replaced the heater, gratis. I don't notice any difference between the two units quality wise. So i would look at the used market and refer to the warranty specifics of each model you're interested in. Aside from that you can't go wrong with a good log vape; also consider the PD. A new promising vape is called the OCD - Old City Diffuser. Should be interesting reviews posted here very soon.

jeffp,
Top Bottom