Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

lwien

The Budget Gourmet said:
I'm a 34 year old cancer survivor for anyone who finds that sort of thing interesting.

A warrior in the true sense of the word. Welcome.

/salute

lwien,

The Budget Gourmet

Lurky turkey
i too consider myself a "budget gourmet".

please share any and all interesting recipes!
Hi OO,
I do plan on participating in the cooking threads. So far, everything that I have learned has come primarily from these boards. I will definitely share all that I can. Thanks

A warrior in the true sense of the word. Welcome.

/salute
Thank you lwien,
I appreciate the welcome:)

The Budget Gourmet,

OO

Technical Skeptical
your recipes don't need to be cannabis related. at least the ones you care to share via email.
;)
Thanks!
and welcome to the boards, i hope to see growth in these boards in the next few months.

OO,

Radie

Hello out there in HappyLand...

Radie is the name and I am really new to the Vaporizing scene.

I have been a daily smoker for upwards of 18 years and my only vape experience was with an old (possibly broken) Volcano... Oh yeah, I was also drunk at the time... so my impressions are a tad muddled.

Anyway, I recently decided to buy a Zephyr Ion and I am looking forward to enjoying it. Expect me to be a regular here on the site as I enter this new world of enjoying the kindest bud of all.

On a personal note... I am a freelance (read: unsuccessful) blogger. I have done things for video game and sports sites (NY Rangers/NY Mets).

I am also the author of BAKE'D, an upstart web comic that I am shamelessly plugging in my sig*.

My motto used to be "Pot dont smoke itself", but I think I am going to have to change it to "Pot dont vape itself".

* After looking around at other sigs, I believe my sig falls under the Rules, but if I am mistaken, please let me know and I will fix it.

Radie,

Nycdeisel

Hello, I have been vaporizing for a couple of years, and have been on the grasscity forums for a while, but to be honest I dont actually smoke all that much anymore because I really prefer vapor. I have owned a Vapor Bros handsfree, a regular VG, now I have whats in my sig
Hope I can contribute here. :)
:peace:

Nycdeisel,

lwien

Hey deisel, welcome. You too, Radie.

Deisel, regarding your future contributions here, I have no doubt that you will. I've seen your helpful contributions at GC, so.................very glad you're here. Welcome to the family. A bit dysfunctional at times, but hey, aren't most ?

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Radie said:

* After looking around at other sigs, I believe my sig falls under the Rules, but if I am mistaken, please let me know and I will fix it.

Hey Radie, welcome. Queens here as well....happyland indeed. Sort of...

jeffp,

Radie

jeffp said:
Radie said:

Hey Radie, welcome. Queens here as well....happyland indeed. Sort of...

No doubt kid... Ever play softball? Maybe we played each other... Went to high school in Bayside.

Ordering my vape (Zephry Ion) on Tuesday... 2 day delivery so.. if anyone in Queens wants to party.. Look for the HUGE vapor cloud on Thursday... oh wait, you cant see the vapor?... eh, you'll figure it out.

Radie,

upriver

combustion-free
Hello-

Not exactly new here but don't think I've said hi. I'm a medical grower for myself and another patient in lovely coastal Oregon. Been trying to vape exclusively for a year or so. I have been combusting on rare occasions to "QA" the herb I grow (taste test) but I am close to giving that up since I think I can now detect the subtleties via vape. I started vaping many years ago with a Vapor Bros but gave it up after a while as too much trouble and not enough quality, but the SSV has changed me and now the MFLB has me even more convinced. Now when I combust its so harsh and nasty tasting, and I feel it for days.

I'm amazed that since making this switch my supply has lasted longer than ever. Combine that with the fact that I have a large greenhouse to grow in, and its looking pretty good around here.

I'm glad this forum exists; a good place to share otherwise esoteric information. Thanks to the guy who told me about it.

Does anyone want to talk me into a Purple Days to add to my lineup? I kindof want one but can't figure out why or what it can do that my others don't. I just like that he's another coastal oregon dude and its made by hand.

upriver,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum upriver. Great to have another "convert" here.

If you are like the rest of us, you will have multiple vapes before long. :lol:

The log vapes (Zap, WDZ, PD) are wonderful for herb efficiency. Since you are growing, this might not be a concern for you. Being a wood lover and needing to conserve, this really appealed to me and I bought a Zap, which I love. Whichever log vape you would choose, the efficiency is the biggest plus. I would suggest you read up on all of them.

(And the PD maker is in Arizona now.)

momofthegoons,

upriver

combustion-free
momofthegoons said:
Welcome to the forum upriver. Great to have another "convert" here.

(And the PD maker is in Arizona now.)

Thanks!

Bummer to lose a good Oregonian, though I guess Arizona has some appeal too. Sedona is one of the most spectacular palces I have ever seen. I was actually hoping to get a chance to see the PD shop at some point, guess I will just have to hope he posts pics of the new setup.

Its hard to imagine a device more efficient than the MFLB, but that is good news. Even though I do tend to have plenty of excess, thats no excuse to be wasteful.

upriver,

kraken

of sound mind
Hello all. I'm kraken and I live in the pacific nw. I've just recently reunited with my good friend mj after a 7 year hiatus. I used to smoke when I was young but don't like the harshness of it anymore so I picked up a vape to treat my medical condition.

I enjoy a number of activities like cooking, brewing, longboarding, videogames, and spending time with my family.

kraken,

OO

Technical Skeptical
kraken said:
Hello all. I'm kraken and I live in the pacific nw. I've just recently reunited with my good friend mj after a 7 year hiatus. I used to smoke when I was young but don't like the harshness of it anymore so I picked up a vape to treat my medical condition.

I enjoy a number of activities like cooking, brewing, longboarding, videogames, and spending time with my family.
rad!

welcome to the boards.
i'm a bit of a newb as well, but we all share similar interests.

BTW, your name reminded me of...
kraken.png

OO,

crawdad

floatin
dont think ive said a formal hello here, yet. so....hello.

im not really a crustacean but ive been known to chase em down and eat em like there was no tomorrow. just a human with a wife and children who has evolved to enjoy vaped herb.

i spent about a year and a half researching mj, watching documentaries, reading, talking to people, thinking, etc before i took my first toke and it was early this year. i find life more enjoyable when living an informed life, it's more fulfilling to appreciate something when you know a great deal about it. glad i looked past all the myths and dug deep for answers. the past 5 years of my life ive been cutting through a lot of bullshit on various things and this (cannabis) was just one of them.

i typically get from mj either a relaxed "i fell a lot better now" experience or quite often i have earth shaking clarity of the mind about all things that enters into my consciousness and results in me feeling more alive than i ever have. the latter is probably the main reason i continue with it, i quite often reach for greater understandings in all things around me and appreciate the help this beautiful herb provides. it is truly a gift from mother earth.

this site in particular helped me locate my first vaping device (glass vapor genie) as did a few other sites, but mostly this one. appreciate all the thorough reviews people took the time to post, very helpful! im still struggling with some of the terms and usage of things but there is time.

ive stuck around here as i dig the positive vibes i get from those who frequent the site and enjoy reading about others experience and knowledge. props to the admins/mods who help to maintain the site, i know it can be tiresome at times.

thanks. :peace:

crawdad,
Wassup, I'm Nick. 21 Years old been smoking for approximately 2 years. I didn't smoke when i was younger b/c my step-dad was and still is a chronic weed smoker. And when he gets baked he gets really stupid. I mean he'll ask the same question til you wanna choke him. Now i smoke ~5 times a day (major lung damage...espically for me since i seem to get bronchitis everytime i start to smoke frequently). But anyway...... I've only smoked out of a vaporizer once. It was out of a hotbox it worked great and it got me really baked. I remember i was attempting to watch Shutter Island while i was vaping and i was so baked that i couldn't follow the movie. I still combusted for a while through glass (I HATE BLUNTS AND J's). Recently my chillium broke and cut me really badly on the thumb. I had some emergency rolling papers that i used......Then i ran out. I live in Syracuse, NY and i just moved here not too long ago so i don't know where any headshops are. So i resorted to the worst........http://www.fuckcombustion.com/img/smilies/uhoh.gif. Poking holes in a soda can and smoking through that. I smoked an entire 8th of headies through that. Wasted a shitload of weed and my bronchitis got really bad. Probaly killed a bunch more braincells than necesarry also. Then i made the decision to never combust again. My Aluminum Vaporgenie came in the mail today. I haven't used it yet b/c i can't find any weedhttp://www.fuckcombustion.com/img/smilies/sad.gif. (Hopefully i find some before black friday b/c i work a 12 hour shift...from 12 til 12.) But if it is as good as i read (I've done alot of research) then i will be happy and will become a beneficial member of this forum.
PS: If you love great music get really baked and listen to "The Bad Plus - Silence Is The Question"

themusicguy1989,
crawdad said:
quite often i have earth shaking clarity of the mind about all things that enters into my consciousness and results in me feeling more alive than i ever have. the latter is probably the main reason i continue with it, i quite often reach for greater understandings in all things around me and appreciate the help this beautiful herb provides. it is truly a gift from mother earth.

Great quote there thats exactly what i love about it. Often i'll smoke herb when im about to fix, clean, or make something.

themusicguy1989,

BookWorm

Hi all,
I'm BookWorm.
I live in California.
I'm a Democrat.
I don't adhere to/believe in any sort of religious organization or entity.
I'm 21.
I'm an English major, on my way to becoming a teacher.

I love love love progressive rock. melodic/death/black/folk metal is acceptable as is industrial, trance, folk, classical(even opera!), and punk caberet music.

I LOVE reading. I'm typically a fiction reader, especially horror and sci-fi/fantasy stuff. The Dark Tower series by Stephen King is by far my most beloved story.

I currently own one vape, the launchbox, and I love love love it! I'm hoping for a log vape for christmas =)

BookWorm,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Welcome bookworm, readers are great people, and usually remain smart into their later years.

btw, is there any particular reason you choose to identify yourself as a democrat.

OO,

danalee48

BookWorm said:
I love love love progressive rock. melodic/death/black/folk metal is acceptable as is industrial, trance, folk, classical(even opera!), and punk caberet music.

I like you already. lol

danalee48,

L Bow Pack

I stopped smoking spliffs and cigarettes nearly 3 years ago,and instead used a bong and the occasional cannabutter. The bong was heavy on my lungs and the butter took hours to take effect.
On holiday this year my wife noticed a smart shop which sold vaporizers and I haven't looked back since.
I've progressed via the VP500 the Iolite to the Extreme Q what a brilliant machine, clean and tasty vapes
and user friendly, as long as you treat the glass with respect.I now use the iolite for going out visiting.
As a regular visitor to Amsterdam, now I can stay at all those no smoking apartments, that is if I can convert my friends to Vaporism.

L Bow Pack,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
High everyone, a few months ago I was searching for a cure for my ailing iolite when I stumbled upon "fuck combustion". Well, I found the answers to all my questions and so much more! I also found out that I was far from alone in my love of vapor over smoke. Thanx to FC I discovered the log style vape, and promptly ordered a myrtlezap. A week later I had a new favorite vape! Now, a little about me. I'm 35, married, 1 kid, live in Oregon. Smoked everyday for 19 years and now I really can't stand it at all. I'm a vapor man for life!!!

Albert Hofmann,
Top Bottom