Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Hi! I'm ThymeTraveler. I'm here because I know @Madri-Gal. We get together to have tea cakes, cucumber sandwiches, and sun-grown cannabis in one of our many vapes. Now she's invited me here. We'll see how this turns out.

Nice to meet you all.
I have NEVER put a cucumber sandwich in any vape, and the tea cake was just the one, one time. Tea cake, not cakes.
Glad to see you, @ThymeTraveler .

MSMPT69

Hi There. Medicinal vaper with MS. Have used the herb my whole life but now seeing its medicinal side. Gave up smoking a year ago and been an S&B slut with Volcano, Mighty and Crafty but just waiting on my Splinter (first delivery was damaged in manufacture, awaiting replacement from Italy), got an RXG3D and Sai atomiser is also on its way. Can't wait! AVB/ABV goes into brownies which are then used as well. This forum is superb!:):leaf:

Kaos7heory

Just signed up. Stumbled across these forums from reddit. Been recreationally vaping since 2017, started with a Boundless CFV. I have since acquired several Arizer vapes and am happy with all of them so far. Kinda disappointed that the wiki is more or less retired, but I get it. Not going to fault anyone here for that.

Anyway, glad to be here. Looking forward to the future of cannabis and vaping tech.

cannasoor

Hey everyone, long-time lurker here, finally joining up for real, and I thought I'd debut with some gear shots ... and a way-too-long post :) .

As for myself, I am a nearing-retirement male living in Oregon. I dabbled a bit with cannabis back in my youth, then took a 25+ year break for career and kids, getting back in a bit before legalization. With legalization (in WA and then here in Oregon) the situation improved dramatically, and I found my way into the vaping world via this board and places like reddit/r/vaporents. On the other hand, I am not "out" with friends or family, and I don't really know anyone who uses (or at least who admits it). During the days of lax tolerance, it was pretty tough for me to find a connection (in geezer voice: "Excuse me, stranger: you know where I could get some o' them maree-ju-wannas around here?" :myday: ). So legalization and the vaping community (especially here on FC) have been real lifesavers for me. (As you'll see below, I've become incredibly spoiled relative to those first years back.)

On to the gear shots!

The first shot is my collection of six vapes, most of which you'll likely recognize: MFLB, EpicVape E-Nano, RBT Milaana (1.5 roughly?), Sticky Brick Jr., and the Lotus. The odd one out (i.e. not seen as much around here) is a Sun Token, which works on solar power via a magnifying glass (I admit, I have yet to really master it :\ ).

all-Vapes-Cannasoor.jpg

The second shot shows off my daily drivers (mainly the Nano, also the Lotus and Milaana) along with some accessories and other "kit". I've made an effort to go for a classy look, mostly cherry wood and black accents. If it looks like I've gone a bit overboard with that, I'm probably just over-compensating: not being "out" as a vaper or user, nobody but me ever sees my collection ... until now :wave: . And aside from the vapes proper (and the BCG and water pieces), most of it is pretty cheap, lots of Dollar Tree and thrift store stuff, just selected and assembled with some care.

daily-Drivers-Cannasoor.jpg

(Technically, a few dispensary folks have also seen these pics recently: it was their positive reactions that finally encouraged me to de-lurk. Most of these people are interested in vaping, but don't know much about it—I've passed on links to FC in the hopes of helping them get more informed.)

The wood boxes and small black cases in the next few shots are my own little storage system: I call it Cannabis a la Carte™. I keep a whole lot of strains available, all at once, purchased in one-gram quantities and stored in borosilicate glass vials. The bigger vials (in the wood cases) are my un-ground stores; the smaller vials (in re-purposed black eyeglass cases) hold pre-ground strains. The smallest vials are 5/8 dram, about the size of the last joint of my pinky finger: that's around 5 to 7 Nano doses for me, at about 1/30th of a gram per dose (i.e. roughly 0.03 grams).

boxes-Closed-Cannasoor.jpg

Big-Boxes-Cannasoor.jpg

open-Box-Cannasoor.jpg

open-Vials-Cannasoor.jpg

Yeah, I know: some people reading are probably clutching their pearls right about now over the "pre-ground" bit. But these small, air-tight vials keep things very fresh, even for long periods. And I really like having 30+ strains to choose from, at my fingertips throughout the day, all ready to go in seconds. (I keep my Nano on and at my desk pretty much all the time, except a couple of times a year when I'm gone for vacations.) I'm especially fond of doing "head-to-head" comparisons of similar or disparate strains, alternating between Nano stems to compare and contrast the flavors. (As I said above, I've become very spoiled :rolleyes: .)

To be frank, keeping track of all those strains requires some effort at inventory management: this final screenshot shows a little interface I've used to track my stores. It also shows off my (old-style) Leafly-inspired labeling system a bit better than the over-exposed outdoor photos do (yeah, I know: I'm not too good with a camera yet :doh: ). The vial pics and screenshot are from summer 2018, by the way, so a bit out-of-date (whoops).

inventiory-Mgmt-Cannasoor.jpg

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy the pics, and thanks to everyone here on FC for all kinds of info, advice, opinions, pics, etc., over the years, and especially the board staff and moderators :bowdown: . And also to all the artisans and manufacturers, accessory makers, and retailers who have helped me build my collection :tup: . And not to forget all the local bud-tenders who have kept me in so many delicious strains, and Leafly for making exploring and shopping a breeze! :wave: The larger community, and the vaping world it's revealed to me, have really made a huge positive difference in my life. I am starting to try and give back in my local community with some modest cannabis and vaporization evangelism efforts, and I hope to ramp that up a bunch in the near future.

Thanks again, for looking and reading, and for everything else!

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Hey everyone, long-time lurker here, finally joining up for real, and I thought I'd debut with some gear shots ... and a way-too-long post :) .

As for myself, I am a nearing-retirement male living in Oregon. I dabbled a bit with cannabis back in my youth, then took a 25+ year break for career and kids, getting back in a bit before legalization. With legalization (in WA and then here in Oregon) the situation improved dramatically, and I found my way into the vaping world via this board and places like reddit/r/vaporents. On the other hand, I am not "out" with friends or family, and I don't really know anyone who uses (or at least who admits it). During the days of lax tolerance, it was pretty tough for me to find a connection (in geezer voice: "Excuse me, stranger: you know where I could get some o' them maree-ju-wannas around here?" :myday: ). So legalization and the vaping community (especially here on FC) have been real lifesavers for me. (As you'll see below, I've become incredibly spoiled relative to those first years back.)

On to the gear shots!

The first shot is my collection of six vapes, most of which you'll likely recognize: MFLB, EpicVape E-Nano, RBT Milaana (1.5 roughly?), Sticky Brick Jr., and the Lotus. The odd one out (i.e. not seen as much around here) is a Sun Token, which works on solar power via a magnifying glass (I admit, I have yet to really master it :\ ).

all-Vapes-Cannasoor.jpg

The second shot shows off my daily drivers (mainly the Nano, also the Lotus and Milaana) along with some accessories and other "kit". I've made an effort to go for a classy look, mostly cherry wood and black accents. If it looks like I've gone a bit overboard with that, I'm probably just over-compensating: not being "out" as a vaper or user, nobody but me ever sees my collection ... until now :wave: . And aside from the vapes proper (and the BCG and water pieces), most of it is pretty cheap, lots of Dollar Tree and thrift store stuff, just selected and assembled with some care.

daily-Drivers-Cannasoor.jpg

(Technically, a few dispensary folks have also seen these pics recently: it was their positive reactions that finally encouraged me to de-lurk. Most of these people are interested in vaping, but don't know much about it—I've passed on links to FC in the hopes of helping them get more informed.)

The wood boxes and small black cases in the next few shots are my own little storage system: I call it Cannabis a la Carte™. I keep a whole lot of strains available, all at once, purchased in one-gram quantities and stored in borosilicate glass vials. The bigger vials (in the wood cases) are my un-ground stores; the smaller vials (in re-purposed black eyeglass cases) hold pre-ground strains. The smallest vials are 5/8 dram, about the size of the last joint of my pinky finger: that's around 5 to 7 Nano doses for me, at about 1/30th of a gram per dose (i.e. roughly 0.03 grams).

boxes-Closed-Cannasoor.jpg

Big-Boxes-Cannasoor.jpg

open-Box-Cannasoor.jpg

open-Vials-Cannasoor.jpg

Yeah, I know: some people reading are probably clutching their pearls right about now over the "pre-ground" bit. But these small, air-tight vials keep things very fresh, even for long periods. And I really like having 30+ strains to choose from, at my fingertips throughout the day, all ready to go in seconds. (I keep my Nano on and at my desk pretty much all the time, except a couple of times a year when I'm gone for vacations.) I'm especially fond of doing "head-to-head" comparisons of similar or disparate strains, alternating between Nano stems to compare and contrast the flavors. (As I said above, I've become very spoiled :rolleyes: .)

To be frank, keeping track of all those strains requires some effort at inventory management: this final screenshot shows a little interface I've used to track my stores. It also shows off my (old-style) Leafly-inspired labeling system a bit better than the over-exposed outdoor photos do (yeah, I know: I'm not too good with a camera yet :doh: ). The vial pics and screenshot are from summer 2018, by the way, so a bit out-of-date (whoops).

inventiory-Mgmt-Cannasoor.jpg

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy the pics, and thanks to everyone here on FC for all kinds of info, advice, opinions, pics, etc., over the years, and especially the board staff and moderators :bowdown: . And also to all the artisans and manufacturers, accessory makers, and retailers who have helped me build my collection :tup: . And not to forget all the local bud-tenders who have kept me in so many delicious strains, and Leafly for making exploring and shopping a breeze! :wave: The larger community, and the vaping world it's revealed to me, have really made a huge positive difference in my life. I am starting to try and give back in my local community with some modest cannabis and vaporization evangelism efforts, and I hope to ramp that up a bunch in the near future.

Thanks again, for looking and reading, and for everything else!
Really interesting to see your arrangement and setup, thanks.

cannasoor

Really interesting to see your arrangement and setup, thanks.

Thanks @Mushroomturtle — I'm glad you liked it! As I said, I've gotten incredibly spoiled by access to so many strains, both on-hand/at my desk and also in terms of shopping where I live: we have something like 60 shoppes in town, and more within a half-hour drive. And Portland has hundreds: it's quite overwhelming … but extremely delicious! (I'm just in the middle of a head-to-head between some straight-up Cherry Pie and some Black Cherry Cheesecake on two standard, adjustable Nano stems. Very similar flavors, helps me understand the "cherry" references. But a few differences as I ramp up the temp … . I also have a big shot of Do-Si-Dos sitting in the Lotus: I usually take 2-3 hits on that and then let it cool down a bit, back again, etc. Spooooiiiled! :D )

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Thanks @Mushroomturtle — I'm glad you liked it! As I said, I've gotten incredibly spoiled by access to so many strains, both on-hand/at my desk and also in terms of shopping where I live: we have something like 60 shoppes in town, and more within a half-hour drive. And Portland has hundreds: it's quite overwhelming … but extremely delicious! (I'm just in the middle of a head-to-head between some straight-up Cherry Pie and some Black Cherry Cheesecake on two standard, adjustable Nano stems. Very similar flavors, helps me understand the "cherry" references. But a few differences as I ramp up the temp … . I also have a big shot of Do-Si-Dos sitting in the Lotus: I usually take 2-3 hits on that and then let it cool down a bit, back again, etc. Spooooiiiled! :D )
Yes, you're pretty fortunate there to say the least!
If I were in your position I'm pretty sure I'd have done the same and got organised, especially as that's the kind of organising that's fun :)

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Welcome @cannasoor - that is one beautiful collection of vapes, accessories and herbs! :razz:
Thanks for sharing!

Now that you have broken the seal (posting on FC), looking forward to hearing from you more.
I assume you know about the Nomad - but if not, you should DEFINITELY take a look (get on the waiting list) - it would compliment your collection for sure.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Welcome @cannasoor. And adding to what Jill suggested, take a look at the Splinter Z & Tinymight, both are
wood vapes. But being a long-time lurker you might already have checked these out.

All you need now is a couple of vape
buddys to get high and shoot the shit.
You called it @TheThriftDrifter. :nod:His collection is nice.

@cannasoor, we'll be your online vaping buddies & we'll shoot the shit. :cheers: :spliff::brow: Anytime you want to sts just start a thread in the Lounge. And there's a Random Thoughts, a FU & a Cannabis News thread that may interest you.

cannasoor

Welcome @cannasoor - that is one beautiful collection of vapes, accessories and herbs! :razz:
Thanks for sharing!

Now that you have broken the seal (posting on FC), looking forward to hearing from you more.
I assume you know about the Nomad - but if not, you should DEFINITELY take a look (get on the waiting list) - it would compliment your collection for sure.

Thanks, @Jill NYC ! (Gee, isn't there a "blush" emoji? :).)

"broken the seal"? Don't tell PETA! (I had no idea what gory rituals were necessary to induct a new member! :lol: .)

Re the Nomad: indeed, I know the Nomad, and reeaally want one. But the price, the long wait, ... . I've been saving up for something, but it has been tough between the Nomad (or Nomad II, I guess), the TinyMight, some kind of nice wood vapcap, or perhaps the Vapwood Timber. (The Timber has the appeal that it would be my first regulated vape.)

I suppose I should just sign up anyway: by the time I got to the end of the Nomad waiting list, I'd have saved up some more :lol: .

Thanks again!

Welcome @cannasoor. And adding to what Jill suggested, take a look at the Splinter Z & Tinymight, both are
wood vapes. But being a long-time lurker you might already have checked these out.

You called it @TheThriftDrifter. :nod:His collection is nice.

@cannasoor, we'll be your online vaping buddies & we'll shoot the shit. :cheers: :spliff::brow: Anytime you want to sts just start a thread in the Lounge. And there's a Random Thoughts, a FU & a Cannabis News thread that may interest you.

Thanks, @Summer ! Yes, I have thought about a lot of possibilities for my next addition—see my reply to @Jill NYC above. (Am I supposed to "at" people if I am not addressing them directly? Hmm ... .)

There are such a lot of nice, artisan-made wood vapes out there (luckily for me ... or is it unluckily for my VAS?). Too little time, too many vapes! I have the same issue with strains: gotta vape 'em all! Just waaaay too many available around me ("1st world problems"? "Oregon problems"? Hmmm.)

I will have to explore some of the more social parts of the forum now that I am really "here": thanks for the invite!

Last edited by a moderator:

Summer

Long Island, NY
(Am I supposed to "at" people if I am not addressing them directly?

6-of-1; 1/2-dozen-of-the-other. :)

"broken the seal"? Don't tell PETA!

I had to actually goggle this as I never heard this expression before.

"The term '"breaking the seal"' refers to an urban myth that says when drinking alcohol, urinating the first time will break some sort of seal in your body, and you'll have to get up every five minutes to go to the bathroom."

There's this really long article explaining biologically why this is a myth. Who would have thunk. :lol:

https://www.healthline.com/health/breaking-the-seal#why-you-shouldnt-hold-it

Anyway, Jill was referring to you breaking the seal on your 1st post so now you're gonna be posting regularly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom