Welcome Back to FC!

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I just pointed the domain to this server and amazingly some of you are already here!

This is a thread for discussion about the migration. I'll be making a here's thread with some help on the new software soon.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
McLovin' it!

But I've now got a month of unread posts to get through :uhoh:

WatTyler,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I still don't know how you made it here so fast. You must be from the future.

But I've now got a month of unread posts to get through
I went ahead and clicked "Mark forums read" from the main page. :lol:

vtac,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm not really here until tomorrow myself, but nice work Vtac!

Now, where did I park my car? :tup:

OhTheAgony,

Qbit

cannabanana
Oh yeah, nice work Vac. And congratulations. :cool:

Good to see you kept the classic smileys. The drop-down menu icon smiley had me worried for a moment. I can't stand that ridiculous caffeinated toddler style.

Qbit,

MagicBartender

THE MagicBartender
Looks Gr8! Thanx for the Hard Work!
Cheers `*>~[
P.S. I think my gif stopped animating (profile avatar) but there are bigger issues in the world! :lol: LMAO!

MagicBartender,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol.. I'm here ;) Little lost but here.

Is there an unread post button still... Is what's new the same thing?

The forum looks really snazzy with it's new facelift, now to learn my way around :D

Lo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
What's new is your new unread posts button. All my last read pointers are wrong, however. I simply went to the last page in each thread I'm following and scanned backwards. Once you get past the first visit quirks, it will be easier. Threads with unread posts appear in bold, and clicking on the title will take you to the next unread post.

pakalolo,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Glad you all made it. :)

I didn't get everything finished but it's been a long night and my brain is shutting down. Can't pull all nighters like nothing anymore... must be getting old. :uhoh:

Now I hope to god that nothing breaks while I'm sleeping. Have fun!

vtac,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Big ups for the change.. Totally love the new stuff !!! It is very stoner friendly :)! Vake on dudes.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: AGBeer

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Oh no, the FC is now blue. I have to repaint my avater gif.

Seek,

Jiltut

I didn't think I'd like the change but I love the new set out, everything seems easier to read it looks & feels so much smoother. It's still got that hidden cave feeling that I liked but with lots more warmth, I especially like the addition of the pictures to the thread titles, it looks brilliant plus makes it far easier to navigate around the site.

TY

:peace:

Edit to ask:

Vtac would it be possible to have a picture of the vaporizer displayed for every thread in the vaporizer discussion section instead of the avatar of the person who started the thread?

Maybe you could give the person who started the thread the ability to upload a thread vaporizer avatar instead of using their own avatar by default, also on the other sections of the site where someone wants to discuss say a specific glass adapter or condition etc, when starting the thread they could upload a thread picture to better illustrate what they are actually asking/talking about.

Jiltut,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Looks good (although I'll be glad when more theme's are avail for my old eyes, lol).

Also glad to see the hover thread option here now at FC to preview without opening the thread.

Great job at getting the upgrade down so quick & without major issues.

Thanks for what you do FC !!

Edit: And also an indicator to show which threads you've posted on... SWEET !

smokum,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I found if I use the IP rather then fuckcombustion in my brows, I can finially visit site from work. The firewall blocks the name tag. COOOL Wish I knew that before.

Pipes,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Like the layout with the new software. Like the features it adds.

Design-wise, I'd prefer having stayed with green (color) theme and there needs to be a pot leaf graphic, on the opposite side from FuckCombustion (btw, I'd add the .com to the end of it). Maybe we could get the color scheme in a theme? Leaf is a must, however.

If I show you my tits, will that help?
boobs.gif

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Qbit

Qbit

cannabanana
This is probably already on your to-do list of things to fix, Vtac, and not a high priority, but the plain white square avatars, for members who haven't uploaded a pic, look a bit funny in an 'under construction' kind of way. Mind you, a possible alternative to having (like the old forum) no image at all, would be to have a default FC logo or pic of some kind.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I think it's much better with no leaf. :2c:

I like minimalistic design. I just like a clean look, not a lot of busy stuff for your eyes, other than the content. I feel its just a little to generic artistically, for such an awesome collection of wisdom and shared passion for all that is vapor. :leaf:

Will it help what? Are your tits in need of some fresh air? :shrug: (jk, of course)

Yeah, they get sweaty underneath. Have to air 'em, out every now and then.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: placetime
Top Bottom