Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Chubba

Vaporbonger
WS tiny tubes (without the 10 arm perc...just the single chambered tubes)
EDIT: LOL, wrong brand, my bad... thought you were suggesting someone buy a Weedstar

Chubba,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
got my VHW today, had to go pickup at UPS. I am about to go into work, but even if i wasn't i still have to wait for my BM bowls before i can try this puppy out.

IAmKrazy2,

VaporTre

I also got my wand today. I'm using it in conjunction with a very large bowl I picked up for it when I bought my new bong. First few hits are definitely very dense, but I don't know how efficient it is. I definitely don't run the risk of igniting the material, even when the wand rests slightly upon it. The weed will only vape to a very light brown, I'm pretty sure I could take it farther in my vaporwarez 3g. Either way, the taste is delicious and I still haven't totally surmounted the learning curve, so I'll wait to form my opinion on it. Definitely gets the job done, and i might be noticing a slightly headier high because of the lower temps than I'm used to.

So UPS sucks (at least round here), but I must commend Mark, who called me on Skype from Sweden today to respond to my e-mail. Chill guy, I was glad I could tell him that I had actually just received my package and that there was nothing to worry about.

About the learning curve... anyone have some favorite VHW tips?

VaporTre,

11eleven11

Well mine showed up all messed up. The screw was screwed into the glass too hard and it's cracked and it's just kinda messed up... I only have 1 thing to say about this...

1245295881-792533-343x268-1245295829fuuuuu.jpg

11eleven11,

UrDoinItWrong

That sucks 11eleven11, but you will get taken care of.

VaporTre, the best advice i can give you is on the technique for hitting it in a bong. Hit it until you start to see vapor and then stop, exhale to reset your lungs (continue to hold wand in place) and then take a long slow hit, but with some draw power behind it. The idea is to prime it with the small hit which then makes your actual large hit 100% dense vapor. I get mega-clouds this way and I find large flavorful hits are the best way to enjoy my wand. Nothing else comes close to how baked I get on giant wand hits.

UrDoinItWrong,

gak hater

stonemonkey55 said:
I don't have a BM bowl but figured I'd give you some feedback based on what I've heard.

The BM bowls do not require you to use the silcone tip to make a seal. So while you get a good seal, its not a 100% seal.

The Vriptech bowl gets very, very close to a 100% seal but is two pieces and don't look anywhere as nice.

If you are oK with the silicone tip, perhaps BM can make one with a slightly larger ID so that you can get a 100% seal with his bowls. Just my 2 cents
i just put my new bm slide thru its paces today :brow:
hard to believe but
it seals as well as the vrip bowl does with the silicone :2c:
the outer ring opening of the bm slide seems to mate up perfectly
to the open end of the wand,
putting your fingers over the intake holes while drawing there is
the same seal you would get with the vrip bowl w/ the silicone..
btw my slide looks 5x's better :cool: in my hands then in the pics..
its a work of art.

gak hater,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I am a bit disappointed right now. I got my VHW and am relatively certain it is not running hot enough. I turn it up all the way, and am unable to get any visible vapor even with my Blazemaster bowl filled all the way to the brim and the VHW turned all they way up. Do i need to contact Vrip for a replacement? Someone please help.

IAmKrazy2,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
get that screen high up....keep work shopping it bro. Make sure you press down hard on the wand when you press it to the bowl head.

good luck and enjoy the clouds

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I adjusted the screen and pinched it into an upsidedown dome, allowing great airflow, and still am unable to really get anything. a light taste, thats it. The wand itself is very close to the herb, but not getting that vape.

IAmKrazy2,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Is the element glowing orange hot on max? If not, you could try adjusting the vt1 setting.

Is the wand to bowl connection is fairly air tight? Try covering the intake holes on the wand with your fingers.

sm55 can probably help you out if you can't get it going.

vtac,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks for some tips. I was able to get a few real big rips, but am still having some trouble. I am thinking a variety of screens is my only option. Will go to local headshop and see what i can get. Will not have much more time to toy with it till Friday night.

IAmKrazy2,

gak hater

IAmKrazy2 said:
Thanks for some tips. I was able to get a few real big rips, but am still having some trouble. I am thinking a variety of screens is my only option. Will go to local headshop and see what i can get. Will not have much more time to toy with it till Friday night.
i would second the vt1 adjustment that max pointed out
my wand did the exact same thing until i made a few adjustments
once i dialed it in :ko: :brow:

gak hater,

NoSmoke

What kind of screens are you guys using for the BM bowl I'm having a lot of trouble getting the screen to sit on the bottom of the bowl without moving :( Is there anyway to get the screen to sit or do I have to get a giant sized screen?

NoSmoke,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
yea, I'm having troubles as well.

here's what I suggest. Flip the screen around so it domes upwards, buy screens in all sorts of sizes and see what works best (but I would only suggest getting the 1" size) and also mess around with getting screens with different hole sizes.

Patience pays ;)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Blazemaster

Josh S.
Glass Blower
sorry guys, im still learning. i dont really vape much, or use screens so some of this stuff is new to me. i might have to alter the design in the future, i wanna get it right. one thing you could try is using a little teeny nug as a screen, then put your ground up material on top of that

Blazemaster,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Don't feel bad man. Your the only one makin bowls for us now. It's awesome that you care and want to help us out. I'm sure they'll get figure somethin out. Have any of you guys tried glass gauzes yet?? Maybe they'll work out. It's still gonna move but that doesn't sound like much of a change. I have a roor one that comes close to fitting in my glass pinch but the shaft is a hair to thick to fit in. Just throwing ideas out

minnesnowta,

NoSmoke

Yeah that star glass gauze you gave me works nice, but I want more airflow! :brow: Nonetheless I like it!

NoSmoke,

VaporTre

I use something very similar to that glass star gauze, though mine is shaped a little more like a flower (daisy with a stem + petals). Works really well, just have to be careful to not knock it out of place when stirring. But I'm with you guys, I too have bbeen trying to think of a way to maximize airflow without losing nugget. Who woulda thought that nasty resin building on the side of your bowl was actually key

VaporTre,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Here's my tip , keeping in mind I've got an ice pinched BM bowl. What I did was put the screen under the pinch where the joint meets the glass. Kinda like you would in a SSV/DBV gong wand. If anything gets passed the pinch it falls on the screen. When the bowl is cached i tap out the contents and blow out anything that made it passed the pinch.

Skunkypete,
CONGRATULATIONS MR & MRS MARK MCCOY ON THE BIRTH OF YOUR SON ! WOOHOO! Anyone who's had the pleasure of dealing with Mark personally will know thats worth shoutin about! Re the screen issue, the standard vriptech shorty vcb 2 piece aint nowhere near as purdy those BM puppies but boy fuck they work a treat. Peace peoples

thevapedcrusader,

UrDoinItWrong

thevapedcrusader said:
CONGRATULATIONS MR & MRS MARK MCCOY ON THE BIRTH OF YOUR SON ! WOOHOO! Anyone who's had the pleasure of dealing with Mark personally will know thats worth shoutin about! Re the screen issue, the standard vriptech shorty vcb 2 piece aint nowhere near as purdy those BM puppies but boy fuck they work a treat. Peace peoples
I was actually about to post this as well (not the baby part, congrats Mark!!!). Regardless of what aftermarket bowls you have, I highly suggest that everyone still own the stock VCBS and lower bowl with the stainless steel screen. It pulls great, fits well, maintains good airflow, is easy to stir, and is my tool for delivering the monster hits. It seems a lot of people are buying the BM bowls as their only starter bowl and daily driver, which might not be the best idea especially if you're a VHW noob.

UrDoinItWrong,

NoSmoke

I woulf have to disagree with you there, I've used every single bowl (Reg, Jet, GonG) and none of them come close to the Blazemaster bowl, they have been collecting dust for awhile as a matter of fact, sorry there is just no comparing IMO.

NoSmoke,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Can a couple of people post pics of their screen placement inside a BM bowl? Planning on heading to the head shop in a couple of days for some screen selection. Not even planning on breaking out the VHW again for a couple of days, only time for work sleep and PD for a couple of day, lots of work.

My VHW is glowing just a little orange... seems to be less then in videos, but may be deceptive. Temped to try mod to basically just check to see where my dial is set. With my current screen selection i will hold off. Get some new ones, before trying mod.

IAmKrazy2,
Top Bottom