Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Hotboxvapebongin

im gona replace my VHW element and glass casing and get this thing operational again. Lately I bought a new inline ashcatcher to use with my VHW in hopes of nicer vapor hits. Tell me what you all think.

Hotboxvapebongin,

standard

Just put in an order for the vhw and a bm slide. Impressed by blazemaster's work and the customer support from vriptech. Looking forward to the tastiest vapor...mmmmm.

Though I like the champagne glass stand that they sell, I'm trying to think of an alternative. I could use a pyrex measuring cup, but I'm thinking the 'plink' of the glass on the wand against it might give me shivers. Anyone have ideas for what could be made as a simple stand. I saw the posts with the microphone stand, which is cool, but was hoping to find something a little smaller/simpler.

Also, I have a technique question. Do people place their bong in their lap or on a table during use, to have one hand free to operate the slide, or do you put the wand down and then clear with the slide?

standard,

UrDoinItWrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6D031HtveA

Monster hit video. Notice the small warm up hit, followed by the LONG yogic inhalation. Please rate 5 stars to compensate for the people who hate me and come along and mark it 1 star, lol.

Standard - as you can see in this video I use a bowl to cradle it in to prevent ANY clink, it rests right on it's silicone tip and on it's handle, the glass is suspended in air. This option goes out the window though if you remove the silicone tip for a BM bowl. A buddy of mine uses a silicone kitchen pad/mat/cutting board, it works great.

Hotboxvapin - honestly, it looks like it might be easier and cheaper for you to just buy a new wand. UNFORTUNATELY, the days of quick wand replacement are over, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a kinda' pissed about the fact that I have to wait 3+ WEEKS and pay $30 bucks for the element PLUS shipping both ways to replace a heating element that I didn't even know would shit out without the use of a surge protector (I was never told until very recently to use one)...especially when people who broke their wands recently got replacements instantaneously shipped to them as soon as they shipped theirs back. Add the 90 bucks to your cost for the glass cover plus the time you have to wait for his tech to fix it, and you are def better off just buying a new wand.

THAT BEING SAID, I understand that Vriptech HAS to protect it's bottom line, and If I didn't like the product and the company so much I would def be more miffed about it. I've spoken to Mark several times and I am continually impressed by how he personally handles his business. In fact, it's only because I LOVE my VHW so much and miss it daily that I am pissed at all, haha.

UrDoinItWrong,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Umm they haven't sent out replacement wands in a long time. They couldn't keep track of all of them so I don't blame them. I got a replacement heater sent to me because I'm an engineer major and I like tinkering with things. They were going to fix it but I would have had to wait like you so. This was 3-4 months ago. It's a PITA but there's not much of a choice......

minnesnowta,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I am simply waiting to hear back for replacement of a VHW that didn't heat to full temp even when i first got it. I will use the surge protector with it though, if it might help prevent future damage.

IAmKrazy2,

standard

UrDoinItWrong said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6D031HtveA

Monster hit video. Notice the small warm up hit, followed by the LONG yogic inhalation. Please rate 5 stars to compensate for the people who hate me and come along and mark it 1 star, lol.

Standard - as you can see in this video I use a bowl to cradle it in to prevent ANY clink, it rests right on it's silicone tip and on it's handle, the glass is suspended in air. This option goes out the window though if you remove the silicone tip for a BM bowl. A buddy of mine uses a silicone kitchen pad/mat/cutting board, it works great.
Many thanks for the post, and that is a killer vid, dude! I'd give it 100 stars if youtube would let me. Once my wand arrives and I've mastered technique, I'll try to outmilk your vid, if possible.

Can the sillicon tip be taken off and on easily, or do you get one choice on or off? I've got a BM slide in the works, but it would be nice to have options if I tried the stock bowl down the road.

standard,

yolky

Can someone tell me the benefits and or negatives regarding the use of the silicon sleeve? I have a heat wand coming with the vrip vcb. I'm sure i'm gonna hit up Blazemaster and get a bowl off him as well to add some spice as well.

yolky,

UrDoinItWrong

It's not a sleeve anymore, it's just a small silicone tip. I like it because it is like a safety bumper for the glass tip of the wand, and it does provide a good seal. I'm not sure if it's easy on/off, I haven't tried.

UrDoinItWrong,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
It's easy to remove before the first heat up. after that It tends to stick abit. I left mine on just incase I need to switch back to the vcb for some odd reason

minnesnowta,

11eleven11

Anybody heard from Josh (the blazemaster bowl guy) lately? I ordered from him a while ago but I haven't heard back from him in 2 weeks. Hopefully everything is well with him.

11eleven11,

standard

11eleven11 said:
Anybody heard from Josh (the blazemaster bowl guy) lately? I ordered from him a while ago but I haven't heard back from him in 2 weeks. Hopefully everything is well with him.
Same here. Hopefully he's OK and blowing that killer glass...

standard,

yolky

Yes, I spoke to him via email a couple of days ago inquiring about his slides. He has a couple of weeks worth of work, so fear not.

yolky,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Expect about a month maybe more. He's a busy guy and custom stuff takes time. It'll be worth it in the end

minnesnowta,

yolky

I just got my Heat Wand! Now the problem... My new RooR water pipe fits the 18mm, and I ordered the 14mm. I'm not up the creek without a paddle though, the 14.4 fits my HVY piece. It looks like i'm going to need to order the 18mm piece. If I just order the 18mm ground joint GonG for $29.99 is that all I need? Will the upper VCB accept both sizes, or do I need to order another upper VCB to match the 18mm joint?

yolky,

yolky

Cool Cool... looks like I will have to wait until next Tuesday for my 18mm joint to come.
Now to place the order.

yolky,

yolky

It seems like the glass part pivots a little, as if it wasn't secure. I guess from what I have read this is normal? K.... time to plug it into the surge protector and let it warm for 15min for initial trial.

yolky,

yolky

Hey guys, the red light in the handle intermittently goes off and on. Is it suppose to do that? It will light up red for like 3 seconds, then go off for about 10 seconds, then comes back on for 3 seconds and then back off again. Is this right?

Update:

I have had the unit plugged into a surge protector now for about 15minutes, and turned the dial about 3 notches from the hottest setting. (that was a temp range that stonemonkey uses i've read). The red light keeps coming on and off intermittently still, and now it appears as if there is some condensation building up within the handle? What the heck is up with this gentlemen? I haven't attempted to actually use it yet and won't until I hear back from you fellow board members.

yolky,

yolky

Okay, after using superhuman speed reading :brow: post #623, or page 25, Stonemonkey confirms that the red light cycling off and on is normal operation of the wand. Do other members have this issue to besides us two? Also, if somebody can confirm if condensation buildup in the wand handle is normal, I would greatly appreciate it. Seems to me the condensation buildup within the handle could pose problems with the circuitry in the handle no?

I took a picture of the condensation, but I've never posted a pic in a forum before, might need someone to walk me through it. I'm waiting to hear back on the condensation consensus, then I can decide to try it or not.

yolky,

gak hater

my wand's red light does the same thing
my wand had condensation when i first used it
normal happenings :)

gak hater,

yolky

Thanks for your response gak hater, nice name btw. After I read your post I gave it a go. I packed the bowl; not sure how much to pack, I decided to start small, maybe a .2 or .3? Took maybe a total of 4 or 5 vrips. This is hands down the best vape experience I've ever had. I couldn't be happier with the results, honestly. The taste is so pure and clean. We're packin' kush here fellas, nothing but.

I couldn't seem to get too many more rips then 5. Granted, I packed a very small amount. Question, Can I pack that VCB all the way up to the point where the vripmaster logo is on the VCB? I would imagine if I packed a larger amount, I would be able to get bigger and thicker vrips? Also, If I cranked the dial to the max and still wanted more heat, is there a way achieve more heat? I thought I read somewhere back about V1 or something? Holla back....

yolky,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
What you do is grind your herb up and lightly pack your lower bowl. Not crazy hard or anything the. Slap the upper bowl on and your good to go. I stir every other hit and go till it's dark brown or tastes bad.

And the light is perfectly fine. It is only on when the heater is on. So right when you rip it you'll notice the light will come on. No worries. Condensation has happen with alot of people like gak said and can possibly happen again of you wash your heater cover if needed. Vt1 setting can be turned up but it will get hot enough to combust on the highest setting. Some people suggested that for hash which I haven't tried. If it's not hot enough for you turn it a click. I'm on the 3rd from the top and I will get a super dark brown spot at times if I hit it hard enough(with a BM bowl though).

Sorry for the rant. I'm 3 stems deep and wish I could hit my wand right now

minnesnowta,

UrDoinItWrong

I got my repaired wand back and I'm happy as hell.

Yolky, I pack my lower bowl to the brim and slap on the VCBS, no need to pack it more imo. I get giant hits this way. I always use 90-100% heat and find that is perfect for getting everything that is tasty and potent out of it. With higher ambient temps, my wand will make the duff VERY dark brown at 100%, so I see no need to turn my vt1 up.

UrDoinItWrong,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Yolky - glad to hear everything is going well with your VRIP experience, let us know if you experience any additional trouble.

UrDoinItWrong - i have yet to face the ironronin on 360 after a VHW sesh, lemme know when you'll be on

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom