Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

UrDoinItWrong

ARG, wand spontaneously pooped out today...light still comes on but it doesn't heat up. I'm hoping I can swap out my wand asap! I'm at least glad I got my Iolite and VG as backup!! But I have to admit I am DEF very grumpy about the prospect of NO VRIPS for a week or so!!! OH well! :(

UrDoinItWrong,

11eleven11

Uh oh... these really don't sound like very stable devices compared to the SSV/Purple Days/etc. :( So the warranty covers you and all? How long is the warranty by the way?

11eleven11,

UrDoinItWrong

They actually are very stable devices, the problem I have was a known issue with my production run. A simple grounding wire that comes uncrimped, wand powers up but no heat. This issue has been long since fixed, so I wouldn't worry about it on a new wand.

The standard warranty is 3 months, but they do it all on a case by case basis. So if you told them you dropped it in the toilet and it stopped working, it might be a different story. Everyone on this forum that had a problem/defect got it taken care of, so I wouldn't worry to much.

UrDoinItWrong,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yeah it's an easy fix mine did the same thing. Just had to take out the element and solder in a new one. Which they express shipped to me. I haven't had a problem with it since and that was almost 3 months ago. It's not anything to worry about.

minnesnowta,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
looks like this lady is already accessorizing her BM bowl..
vintage-toilet-paper-ad.jpg

jeffp,

THC(g)

Thinkin about a kind creations...

12.jpg

May have a glycerin chamber on it to freeze... I run my wand hot.

THC(g),

jxn88

hey everyone. After lurking around the forum for a while, I decided to pull the trigger and got my shipment. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it seems really difficult putting the lower bowl and upper shorty intake pieces together. I've tried reading instructions and whatnot (it also isn't rocket science to put two pieces together), but I don't know what I am doing wrong. They just don't seem to fit right. Any suggestions?

jxn88,

THC(g)

If you can get the lower bowl into the upper bowl and slide it up until it stops, good so far. If the orange ring around the lower bowl is pressed against the glass of the upper bowl that means you have a seal of great quality. It may wiggle a little, just like the wand's glass cover... everyone around here says that's ok.
Beside that, I guess check your orange o-ring and make sure it's on the lower bowl correctly.

All else fails, take a pic or two

THC(g),

gak hater

it doesn't need to go on any further
i would have to force mine to get even that far :o
the o ring provides a good seal
i just push mine on just enough to compress the o ring

gak hater,

jxn88

The problem is that the o-ring doesn't seal i.e. it's not pressed up against the glass. Does it require a lot of force? The two pieces just don't connect.

jxn88,

UrDoinItWrong

I can attest to the fact that the seal around the orange O-rings vary in tension. One of my slides has the perfect amount of ring seal resistance, the other makes me feel like I'm gonna break some shit getting it on and off because its so tight in the VCBS. Most likely you just have a slide that is 1/36th of a micrometer too small in diameter. Getting another O-ring that is slightly thicker would help I'm sure, or maybe you could swap it out for one that fits (OR maybe just your VCBS is too big, lol)

UrDoinItWrong,

VaporTre

Ugh. I've been religiously tracking my shipment on its way across the country and my wand was supposed to arrive yesterday. I log on to the tracking in the morning and the package status has changed to 'Out For Delivery', so I set up shop looking out the window and bust out some coursework to pass the time. "Glory, sweet Glory!" I think to myself as the UPS truck rounds the corner. I watch it stop at two of my neighbors houses...and then drive away. An hour or so later I check the tracking and it says it's been delivered to my front door! I checked with my neighbors...no luck :/. I'm thinking maybe this Connecticut UPS guy saw a 2 lb package from Oakland, CA and decided to nab it looking for the buddha :mad:? Anyway... called UPS, who told me to contact vriptech (of course), who will in turn contact them and UPS will then perform a 'tracer' (try and find it). Shot them an e-mail, must say they are good only took them 5 hrs to get back to me!...and now I wait. Vaporcannon for now, oh well.

VaporTre,

justvape

I just ordered a BM Bowl what size ti screen should i get.
also should i get one with 32 wire 40 wire or 60 wire

justvape,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Get the screen that allows max airflow :2c:

Get the 1" TI scree..It is a lil bigger diameter then the BM bowl...but you can bend it to your liking

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
hey guys, i know this has been touched on before but was wondering if you guys had any links to good glass to be bought online at a good price.

looking for a small bubbler, good quality, with a very wide and sturdy base. don't want it to tip easy. i need 18mm. thanks, if you come up with any suggestions.

IAmKrazy2,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I was about to post this...but thanks for asking iamkrazy

ehle 250ML tube
ehle 500ML tube
WS tiny tubes (without the 10 arm perc...just the single chambered tubes)

....now with all these tubes, you might like adding glass seed beads to the base of the tube to aide in added bubbly diffusion.

I'll add to this list as I can think of more....

Hennessy1414,

spikyvape

I have a new custom Roor for Sale ;) i am going to put it in the for sale section later today ;)

How is it with the BM bowls and screens do they fit well ? don't they flip ?

spikyvape,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Dude if it's a de roor don't sell it. That is an excellent tool for a vrip master vaporizer. Keeping in style remember :cool:

...the TI screen is a bit finicky, but so far I have bended my "1 piece of screen to the shape I like. At Times it will come of out place and all I have to do is take a flat head screw driver and direct the bowl to my liking in size. Also makes for as a great tool to scrape the resin on the side of the stem wall :brow:

...or you could go the route of shaping it to you're liking. Personally, I don't dare cut an $8 screen, but that's just me :/

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom