lwien

phienomenal said:
I agree with ya stink. I don't think a lot of people realize this but a lot of people on these forums that are so gung ho about their "brand" are probably affiliated with that company.

While I totally agree that shills visit this forum, and in some cases, are quite active here, like in the No2 thread as well as a few others, I doubt that any of the veterans here are secretly affiliated with any vape company.

lwien,

Gandalf

When I first attempted to transition from smoking to vaping, I immediately went out to find the "best" vaporizer. I looked through many online forums and read several opinions, and in the end decided to buy a digital Volcano. I didn't care about the cost because I saw it as a preventative measure I was taking for the health of my lungs.

The Volcano, of course, was amazing. Solidly built, worked exactly as advertised, and was just so simple to use. But even though there was nothing wrong with it, at all, I still couldn't make the transition to vaporizing. The bag system was so different from smoking joints. Because of the low vapor density, I felt like I was just inhaling air and it wasn't satisfying. Don't get me wrong, I was able to get very, very high, but the experience was lacking. So after just a few days owning the Volcano, I went back to smoking joints and let the Volcano collect dust for some time.

Eventually I decided (again) that I really needed to quit smoking for good. I found this site and read through many of the vaporizer threads, and decided on the MFLB. This felt a lot more like hitting a bowl, and I was taking the vapor directly into my lungs, which was much more satisfying than inhaling from a bag. After a couple of weeks going back and forth between using my Launch Box and smoking joints, I finally made the switch and have been really happy about it! No more smoking for me. I now also have a SSV, and a PD arriving next week.

The whole point of this story is to show that the Volcano is most definitely not for everyone, and I cringe when people say things like, "Just forget about the other options and go with the Volcano from the start." It's much better to match a vaporizer to a person's smoking/vaping style - something most members of this forum do very well.

lwien

Gandalf said:
The whole point of this story is to show that the Volcano is most definitely not for everyone, and I cringe when people say things like, "Just forget about the other options and go with the Volcano from the start." It's much better to match a vaporizer to a person's smoking/vaping style - something most members of this forum do very well.

Amen. :tup:

lwien,

Pappy

shmaporist
Gandalf said:
When I first attempted to transition from smoking to vaping, I immediately went out to find the "best" vaporizer. I looked through many online forums and read several opinions, and in the end decided to buy a digital Volcano. I didn't care about the cost because I saw it as a preventative measure I was taking for the health of my lungs.

The Volcano, of course, was amazing. Solidly built, worked exactly as advertised, and was just so simple to use. But even though there was nothing wrong with it, at all, I still couldn't make the transition to vaporizing. The bag system was so different from smoking joints. Because of the low vapor density, I felt like I was just inhaling air and it wasn't satisfying. Don't get me wrong, I was able to get very, very high, but the experience was lacking. So after just a few days owning the Volcano, I went back to smoking joints and let the Volcano collect dust for some time.

Eventually I decided (again) that I really needed to quit smoking for good. I found this site and read through many of the vaporizer threads, and decided on the MFLB. This felt a lot more like hitting a bowl, and I was taking the vapor directly into my lungs, which was much more satisfying than inhaling from a bag. After a couple of weeks going back and forth between using my Launch Box and smoking joints, I finally made the switch and have been really happy about it! No more smoking for me. I now also have a SSV, and a PD arriving next week.

Mirrors my experience. Was going to suggest whip vape but you're way ahead of me. You may also want to investigate water filtration. :peace:

Pappy,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I hold the easy valve to my bong stem. It works really well since hardly any negative pressure is required to get vapor from the bag.

elmomuzz,
elmomuzz said:
I hold the easy valve to my bong stem. It works really well since hardly any negative pressure is required to get vapor from the bag.

I use the vrip tech bowl, and just remove the screen; this gets a tight fit with my solid valve system even despite the presure from the mouth peice. You can even place your pipe on the table holding it down with the weight of that empty heads of ours, using our predominate head to squeze the bag, while using the opposite hand to operate the 14mm adapter. Vapor milk :brow:

biojuggernaut,

GreenLeaf

lwien said:
One thing I should clarify. I am not bashing the Volcano. I've never owned one but from all of the positive reviews that I have read, I'm going to assume that it is a very good vape. My issue is when people say it's the best for there are just too many others who also say that their particular vape is the best.

Anytime anyone says that their vape is the best on the market, one needs to take that statement with more than just a grain of salt.

QFT.

When I was first looking at getting a vape everyone said just to get a volcano. I don't know about you but I don't have $500+ just to spend on a vaporizer for the heating element and a bag.

GreenLeaf,

Egzoset

Banned
My case as well and even if i had i smell something fishy about all of the 300+ $ vaporizers in general. Perhaps 250 $ makes sense as it can be explained in a somewhat reasonable manner (see the Bud Toaster to get an idea of the economics it may involve when such a project is still young)... Somehow i don't think the prices will drop as when the VCRs hit the market, etc. What urge is there to reduce the costs when it's obvious that a part of those who really need that sort of product will buy one anyway?

Egzoset,

lwien

Many manufacturers have cut out a niche for themselves in the marketplace by making their product the most expensive. The strategy behind it is, if it's the most expensive, then logically, it must be the best and there will always be those that want the best, even if it's just a matter of perception.

lwien,

Egzoset

Banned
I just finished visiting the website of a smoke shop located in Toronto, in Canadian dollars "the most expensive" translates as 620 $... I guess sometimes i forget that almost everything we buy on our side of the borders will cost more no matter what's the exchange rate.

Egzoset,

Pappy

shmaporist
lwien said:
Many manufacturers have cut out a niche for themselves in the marketplace by making their product the most expensive. The strategy behind it is, if it's the most expensive, then logically, it must be the best and there will always be those that want the best, even if it's just a matter of perception.
Prices Slashed To Retail!

Pappy,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Still satisfied with my Volcano.

My first bag was getting pretty dark so I decided to try washing it with iso and seeing what I could collect. I got more then I anticipated. :)

So I tried a few drops of it using the wire mesh pad the volcano comes with. I turned the temp to maximum. It tastes like crap but is quite potent. :)

honey.JPG

lwien

elmomuzz said:
Still satisfied with my Volcano.

My first bag was getting pretty dark so I decided to try washing it with iso and seeing what I could collect. I got more then I anticipated. :)

So I tried a few drops of it using the wire mesh pad the volcano comes with. I turned the temp to maximum. It tastes like crap but is quite potent. :)

http://www.bracky.net/images/vape/honey.JPG

Which is one of the things that bag vapes has going against it. Many of us are concerned with the condensation that builds up in our tubes and whips and glass. But man, look at all the surface area that is going on in the insides of those bags for lost THC to occur due to condensation. It's a hell of a lot more surface area than a typical bong or whip. Being able to harvest some of it is nice, but it sure is nicer not having it happen in the first place.

lwien,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
It took a lot of filled bags to make that happen. :brow:

Maybe you lose few % of a hit? I'm not to worried about it. This thing is a appliance that dispenses a buzz. Of course it won't be the most effecient. But I love it. :)

elmomuzz,

vapirtoo

I use my friends digital volcano at least once a month, and I think that it is an excellent
"appliance" with a reasonable price.
Bags cannot capture the taste of a whip, but there is some taste and the
hit in the lungs can be awesome! :ko:
The mouth piece is well thought out and fun to use with minimal loss of vapor
in transistion from machine to mouth.
I like hits with a whip sometimes, so the 'cano would not be for me.
Dark bags, man you must be a toking animal! :lol:

vapirtoo,

stinkmeaner

lwien said:
Which is one of the things that bag vapes has going against it. Many of us are concerned with the condensation that builds up in our tubes and whips and glass. But man, look at all the surface area that is going on in the insides of those bags for lost THC to occur due to condensation. It's a hell of a lot more surface area than a typical bong or whip. Being able to harvest some of it is nice, but it sure is nicer not having it happen in the first place.

Ideally for less condensation it would seem that a direct draw vaporizer like a log vape would have the lead, but I would hardly choose a vaporizer according to condensation and here is why:

Anytime you exhale a big cloud of vapor that you loose much more THC than what collects on the walls of a bag or whip. So unless someone has a way to trap all of that wasted THC it is probably useless to debate on the negligible amount of vapor that collects on a bag. There has also been evidence to suggest that THC collects in water from the vaporizing study which uses a heat gun, they showed less THC with the sample they filtered through water.

stinkmeaner,

the_germinator

Received my volcano today :brow: had never even tried a vape before. I ordered it before I found this site. Plan on keeping it and acquiring others also :p you guys crack me up...thats why I joined... and hopefully I can contribute :peace:

the_germinator,

Pappy

shmaporist
stinkmeaner said:
Anytime you exhale a big cloud of vapor that you loose much more THC than what collects on the walls of a bag or whip.
So right... Vapor vapor everywhere. To reiterate what I stated earlier, as a former Cano and current Q user, I consider vapor from bags second hand and stale. I'd rather smoke a joint than suck a bag. Luckily I don't need to do either! :2c:

Pappy,

2Supra4U

The thing that turns me off from the cano is first the price. i dont see a point paying 600+ just so I can have that thing. I dont see a point to it unless you always have people around to use it with.

second, that it forces you to fill up an entire bag.....which then you are basically wasting 50-75% of what is inside of the bag because you are exhaling it all out.

its how our lungs work....out of 100% of the oxygen (or gas if you consider the mixture of different things we take in each breath) we take in every breath, the percentage that is actually retained by the body is very low, compared to what you exhale back out. I cant remember the exact number and dont feel like checking....but someone correct me if i`m wrong, but isnt the oxygen intake something like 10 or 15% of what you take in? might be a bit higher.

thats why i think having something that can do both is a no brainer. why i chose the extreme q to be my pick, once i have $250 to blow.

cano get my pick for a party vape.....but then why not pay 250 and get something that performs just as well....and has more features and functions.

anyways, thats my opinion...i know some people are similar....thats just a glimpse of how I look at things. not that anyone give a shit :lol:

2Supra4U,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
You can still make the Q a party vape...just flip it upside down and use a bong. If your friends can't handle a vape and some glass then its not a good idea. In my small circle of friends, I can trust them to operate my rig accordingly. Also, if 3 or 4 people throw in .5,.75 or a G, then the bowl/whip combo can really put out a lot of vapor.

But the cano would be easier to operate and overall probably provide a better experience compared to the Q in whip mode with a big bowl. However, if the Q is used with a binger in 'direct connect' fashion, then I believe the Q can possibly considered better.

finchrock24,

Pappy

shmaporist
lwien said:
the_germinator said:
... you guys crack me up...

Yeah. Pretty opinionated group we got going here...............except me. :brow:
Dont know why they just don't adapt the Cano to a whip? And while they're at it they might consider changing its shape. :lol:
Just a joke, couldn't resist. :p

Pappy,

stinkmeaner

They don't implement a whip on the current model because the airflow problem with the way the fitting of the valve to the machine wont allow it, with that said you can put a whip on the Easy Valve but it is not the same because the machine has to be on.

There have been rumors online of a new model from Storz & Bickel but no solid confirmations, hopefully they will fill in the gap from the Volcano to other vapes.

stinkmeaner,
Top Bottom