Anthony

Anthony
elmomuzz said:
USB expandability? That's hilarious. :lol:

I got the digit volcano btw. It's baddass!

Why is it hilarious? It does have USB on the back and will soon support software to make changes to the unit/upload data, as well as reset the unit encase there is an issue with it.

Also, the Zephyr is going to have a whip soon, so that means it will be more then just a bag unit.
What did you pay for your volcano? I really cant justify 2 times the cost for "less features"

Anthony,

stinkmeaner

The USB is obviously more of a gimmick than a selling point on a Vaporizer. Now on a Home Thermostat where the idea most likely originated, it would actually be useful for many people.

stinkmeaner,

Anthony

Anthony
stinkmeaner said:
The USB is obviously more of a gimmick than a selling point on a Vaporizer. Now on a Home Thermostat where the idea most likely originated, it would actually be useful for many people.

Agree'd but every little option added is nice to have I think.
That is also why I think these make it better then volcano:
1)The valve on the bags are very simple to use
heldopen.jpg

2)USB (I know this isn't excellent "selling factor", but still a nice feature IMO)
3) 50% less in cost
4)Display is large and easy to read and color changing display is neat\
5)Simple 1 handed changing of bowls
6)Will have a free whip mailed out to all uses to add to features

Maybe a few more points, but at the end of the day I think cost is the main reason it's better

Anthony,

phienomenal

I got a digital volcano after getting a Zephyr Ion. I got a really good deal on the Volcano as well. But honestly if I was given the choice between the two I would just shell out the extra 2 bills and get the Volcano because I went the Extreme and EQ (I was a big Arizer fan) route and the Ion route only to end up at the Volcano in the end.

I was just hoping for people to avoid my mistakes and just get the Volcano right off the bat to save them money if they prefer bag vapes. If you're a whip fan, DBV/SSV/PD there's plenty of choices out there.
if you want a multifunction vape, get a EQ and save the money.

The valve on the Ion is nice and all but the solid valve on the Volcano feels more natural to use. You don't even have to use your finger, just press it against your lips.

The USB is useless on the Ion.

Also, to be honest if cost was a factor for you in choosing a vaporizer then the EQ is a far superior choice as it is half of the Ion and while their remote is "gimmickey" it is far more useful then a USB port. Their whip are already included as well.

Sorry I just feel that the the Ion isn't really needed in the vape market with the Q being such a great vape for such a low price.

It's basically like this, if you're planning on getting an Ion save the money and get a Q or shell out the extra money and get a Volcano if you want to pay the premium.

I think the lack of posts in this thread shows how satisfied the customer base for the Volcano is, there just isn't much to discuss about it, it's a GREAT vape. Storz-Bickel had it right the first time, just because they're the first doesn't mean they're outdated...more in terms of reliability.

phienomenal,
Reactions: Linard

phienomenal

lwien said:
phienomenal said:
lol yikes it's just an opinion guys, i said I believed it is the best vape. Yeah it's my opinion.

In the context of what this site is about, that is, a place where people can come to get some great information about vaporizers, along with a group of experienced vaporists that just like to talk with each other about vaporizers, anytime some one raises their hand and proclaims that THEIR vape is the best, you can rest assured that it's going to be challenged, but hey, maybe that's exactly what you want. Most of the long standing members here though, would never say such a thing.

You made the following suggestion to whoever is reading this thread, "If anyone is thinking about getting a vape, just get a Volcano let that be the end of it." and THAT is the worst advice to give anyone without first knowing what they want from a vape and how they plan on using it. THAT wasn't an opinion, but a statement of fact and a fact that is simply not true.

Anyways, enough said. Off to get vaped..............

Gotta love quoting out of context, did you quote my entire quote? lolno.

Obviously my post was in context of this website. This is a discussion board and I'm giving my opinion.

I also said it came down to PREFERENCE because not EVERY person is going to like EVERY vape. How you missed this point twice is beyond me.

I made the claim it was the best vape, and that is what discussion boards are for lol... I've used other vapes and ended up with this one. That's what happened and that's what I'm sharing....

Yeah, I made this post to anyone who was reading this thread.
Maybe you're not reading my post in context to this thread about a Volcano Vaporizer, a premium vaporizer a bag only vaporizer.

The price is enough to steer a lot of people from even considering this Vaporizer. So yeah, if you're thinking about getting a vape, with the VOLCANO IN MIND (BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THEY'RE READING THIS THREAD),
Then yeah, get that. Whip wise? I don't know maybe go into a thread about Whip vapes?

G

Anthony said:
How is it a better deal to buy the Volcano over a Zephyr Ion, when the zephyr has more options, is digital, has USB expandability for future uses, and overall costs 50% less then a volcano.

i didn't say that, because i never tried a zephyr ion. the usb-thingy has already been cleared out and what could it offer as "future uses" as you state? the vulcano needs no update because it's already perfect for what its doing. and about digital. vulcanos are digital too. but i prefer the analog one because it seems more fault-prone to me than digital. i do not need and want a vape that does all styles. i got the best for each use - in my opinion. vulcano for bags, ssv for whip and the iolite for portability. every vape has it's use. and i don't need a vape that does all. like i wouldn't need a amphibian vehicle - i'd better like to get a boat and a nice car. ;-) the only thing i'm really looking for is a vape like the vhw, cloud, extreme or herborizer for direct waterfiltration without the need for a tube. that would be the last addition to my collection. no log-vape, because no one delivers them to germany :-( and i'm not a storz&bickel-fanboy because i'm german ;-)

p.s. whops.....sorry. this was my old account i thought i lost the password, thats why i made a new as countvapeula. but at my other pc, where im just at, the account seems to be stored in firefox. :ninja: vaped to much today.

Guest,

phienomenal

d-generated said:
Anthony said:
How is it a better deal to buy the Volcano over a Zephyr Ion, when the zephyr has more options, is digital, has USB expandability for future uses, and overall costs 50% less then a volcano.

i didn't say that, because i never tried a zephyr ion. the usb-thingy has already been cleared out and what could it offer as "future uses" as you state? the vulcano needs no update because it's already perfect for what its doing. and about digital. vulcanos are digital too. but i prefer the analog one because it seems more fault-prone to me than digital. i do not need and want a vape that does all styles. i got the best for each use - in my opinion. vulcano for bags, ssv for whip and the iolite for portability. every vape has it's use. and i don't need a vape that does all. like i wouldn't need a amphibian vehicle - i'd better like to get a boat and a nice car. ;-)

p.s. whops.....sorry. this was my old account i thought i lost the password, thats why i made a new as countvapeula. but at my other pc, where im just at, the account seems to be stored in firefox. :ninja: vaped to much today.

Yo that's exactly how I feel, SSV/Volcano/Iolite hahahahah I ditched multifunction vaporizers for good. I ended up selling the SSV because I was just so happy with the Volcano and because I might grab the VapeXhale cloud but that's only if I decide to go back to direct draw vaporizers.

phienomenal,

stinkmeaner

There is a lot of animosity towards the Volcano from people that haven't owned or used one extensively. All of these other bag vaporizers may be just as good in the vapor department but the Extremes are built like an alarm clock with exposed wires and computer fans and the Zephyr can have the best customer service in the world but there are more reported problems online in its short life than the Volcano has ever had.

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
There is a lot of animosity towards the Volcano from people that haven't owned or used one extensively. All of these other bag vaporizers may be just as good in the vapor department but the Extremes are built like an alarm clock with exposed wires and computer fans and the Zephyr can have the best customer service in the world but there are more reported problems online in its short life than the Volcano has ever had.

If Storz-Bickel was active here like Bruce is from Zephyr, I doubt very much if your statement above would hold true.

What is also true is that the Ion is in it's first year of production. I wonder how many issues the 'Cano had in it's first year of production.

lwien,

CountVapeula

lwien said:
I wonder how many issues the 'Cano had in it's first year of production.

but how could this matter? the volcanos first year is long gone. we live now, not back then. it is important how stable it is now. not what has been. the ion has to prove itself in longevity and stability, like the cano already has done. :2c: it's just storz&bickels advantage that they have been around on the vape-market for years. and yes, it still is expensive, but a mercedes/porsche is too and people still buy those cars even if they can get cheaper ones to do the same job, drive from a to b.

CountVapeula,

lwien

CountVapeula said:
lwien said:
I wonder how many issues the 'Cano had in it's first year of production.

but how could this matter? the volcanos first year is long gone. we live now, not back then. it is important how stable it is now. not what has been. the ion has to prove itself in longevity and stability, the cano already has done. :2c:

It matters because I was referring to Stinks quote in his post above. What you say regarding the Ion having to prove itself over the long haul is also true.

lwien,

CountVapeula

but as he said, there are less reported problems on the vulcano than on the zephyr ion(i'll just count on his statement). and even on here the cano is hardly discussed - maybe because it's that solidly built, foolproof and leaves no room for questions nor trouble even with the unexpirienced user. :ninja: compared to the q where users have a lot of great ideas to improve it by little modifications - nothing like that with the cano - because it is not necessary.

another advantage just comes to my mind(but i have to admit its the same advantage for all bag-vapes). you can use any herb with the cano and avoid the smell of diffrent herbs mix up by changing the bags of it. and the following costs of a cano are minimal. just get some "bratschlauch"(bags) in your local store, no need for something special just plain and cheap "bratschlauch"(it`s what its called in german). no need for online orders or looking for a headshop to buy expensive spare parts. they do sell them, even storz and bickel sells expensive bags, you just get some cheap bratschlauch. 3meters for 2 or so.

i do not want to use any other herb in my ssv or iolite, because changing the tube or cleaning it is more (time intesive)expensive than some new bratschlauch. i'd presume that its the same with logstyle vapes but i dont know how much they carry the smell of the herb used in it. but thats a big factor to me because i like to vape camomile and sage too. and they do smell pretty intense.

CountVapeula,

stinkmeaner

I have been on other Marijuana friendly boards since before the Volcano was even introduced, these boards still exist and you can still read old posts, there are simply not as many "Online Posted Problems". I am sure you have seen the pictures of the Storz & Bickel factory, they make their own products under direct supervision, they don't outsource as the Zephyr does, it is simply easier to keep quality control when you have direct control of your product.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

^^

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/673136-volcano-taking-long-heat-up.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-t...g-thick-thinking-about-asking-refund-bud.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/350030-broken-volcano-vaporizer.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/530905-disappointed-my-volcano.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/543858-help-volcano-easy-valve-fell-apart.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/512379-volcano-wont-heat-up-blaaah.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/504332-should-my-volcano-take-30-mins-pre-heat.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/general/183338-volcano-problems.html

This is just from one site, and I got tired copying the links.

The fact of the matter is, is that ALL vapes have problems, including the 'Cano.

The Ion is still in it's infancy and I have no doubt that they are constantly working on improvements. Like anything else, when you decide to purchase something, anything, early into it's production cycle, you are taking a bit of a gamble, and apparently, Zephyr knows this and they bend over backwards to take care of their customers. At half the price of a Volcano, I think the gamble is worth it, especially when you have direct access here to one of their top tier managers who can get things done if anything goes wrong.

lwien,
Reactions: Jared

Pappy

shmaporist
CountVapeula said:
even on here the cano is hardly discussed - maybe because it's that solidly built, foolproof and leaves no room for questions
Are you trying to convince other or yourself? It appears the latter because you sure haven't convinced me or anyone else. I've responded to posts here a few times because I used to own a Volcano. Notice I haven't endorsed any other brands. I dumped my cano years ago when I realized how stale second hand smoke is after stagnating in a plastic balloon. Why anyone would want vapor to go anywhere but directly into their lungs totally baffles me! Glass perhaps, but a plastic balloon would be my last choice on earth! Not to mention how utterly retarded people look hitting a cano and sucking the plastic bag. :2c: :peace:

Pappy,

lwien

One thing I should clarify. I am not bashing the Volcano. I've never owned one but from all of the positive reviews that I have read, I'm going to assume that it is a very good vape. My issue is when people say it's the best for there are just too many others who also say that their particular vape is the best.

Anytime anyone says that their vape is the best on the market, one needs to take that statement with more than just a grain of salt.

lwien,

CountVapeula

Pappy said:
Are you trying to convince other or yourself? It appears the latter because you sure haven't convinced me or anyone else. I've responded to posts here a few times because I used to own a Volcano. Notice I haven't endorsed any other brands. I dumped my cano years ago when I realized how stale second hand smoke is after stagnating in a plastic balloon. Why anyone would want vapor to go anywhere but directly into their lungs totally baffles me! Glass perhaps, but a plastic balloon would be my last choice on earth! Not to mention how utterly retarded people look hitting a cano and sucking the plastic bag. :2c: :peace:

at first i`m not trying to convince anybody. firstly because i do not care about what yout think as someone who already owned one, secondly because i own one and dont need to be convinced anymore. i just wanted to make a statement for potentially buyers of the cano.to me calling vapor out of a bag "second hand smoke" seems to be pretty tub-thumping. no diffrence to sucking it through a tube or bubbler - just the time passing between creation and consumtion of vapor differs and you don't have to let your bag sit for 10min and then start sucking on it and call it stagnated. i don't believe and have not expirienced that this affects the taste and effect of the vapor in any major way. about the way it looks. some people are over looks and do not care. i do not vape to look good. :2c:

@lwien: i'm not saying its the best vape. but i say it is the best bagvape. and i'd really love to try a prupledays, verdamper, herborizer or vhw. i think there's a best vape for every occasion.

CountVapeula,

stinkmeaner

We all know there are some problems but you can't convince me that the Zephyr is more or even as reliable as the Volcano.

The real question here is what didn't you like about the Volcano when you used it?

stinkmeaner,

CountVapeula

stinkmeaner said:
We all know there are some problems but you can't convince me that the Zephyr is more or even as reliable as the Volcano.

The real question here is what didn't you like about the Volcano when you used it?

i do not like how i could connect it, or not, to a waterfilter. that's why i bought the v-tower first and then the ssv(the ssv because of the better airflow compared to the v-tower). it's way easier and i really like that setup.

CountVapeula,

lwien

CountVapeula said:
@lwien: i'm not saying its the best vape. but i say it is the best bagvape. and i'd really love to try a prupledays, verdamper, herborizer or vhw. i think there's a best vape for every occasion.

I know.

And yeah, I'd have to agree that it is currently the best bag vape on the market and that the Ion needs some history behind it to prove it's long term reliability, but the big question is, is the 'Cano worth twice as much? Considering how Zephyr stands behind their product, I'm not convinced it is.

lwien,

CountVapeula

yeah, we come down to this. but to me it is worth it. its a question of opinion.:) and i do think people of storz&bickel stand as much behind their product as zehpyr ions owner does.

CountVapeula,

stinkmeaner

lwien the price can't be compared fairly, the Volcano is made in Germany and the Zephyr is made in China. People like you are what makes all production migrate overseas, do you realize how expensive Germany is, have you been there? I have family there and it is crazy.

For those that have not used the Volcano, it is pointless to argue about the Function of it, anything else like the design, etc would be fine. Just because Zephyr posts here on FC doesn't meant they stand behind their products any more than Storz & Bickel, frankly most manufacturers are doing themselves a favor by keeping their role here a minimum because it gives them less chances of acting like an ass like many have won gold medals in.

One thing I do find strange on this board is the sheer volume of FC members that back these manufacturers like they are blood, they are just manufacturers and not your friends, even if you have exchanged a few email with them once or twice. I feel like getting sick sometimes reading the sappy comments in distributor threads, there is a difference between appreciation and just plain butt kissing.

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
lwien the price can't be compared fairly, the Volcano is made in Germany and the Zephyr is made in China. People like you are what makes all production migrate overseas....

People like me? What does that mean?

lwien,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
CountVapeula said:
stinkmeaner said:

i do not like how i could connect it, or not, to a waterfilter. that's why i bought the v-tower first and then the ssv(the ssv because of the better airflow compared to the v-tower). it's way easier and i really like that setup.

Who says you can't connect the bag to a water pipe? With some ingenuity and about 5 minutes my dad and I were sucking down our bags through a water filter.

finchrock24,

phienomenal

I agree with ya stink. I don't think a lot of people realize this but a lot of people on these forums that are so gung ho about their "brand" are probably affiliated with that company.

It's pretty much free advertisement for them. FC might as well cash in on all these ads in people signature lololol

Like I said in the previous post, if money is an issue with you when purchasing the Ion, you might as well pocket the extra money and get the EQ why not save more?

If you're paying a premium over the Extreme Q then you might as well get the Volcano.

phienomenal,
Top Bottom