dopefiend

My Volcano digit just came last friday and I was wondering if coughing a lot is normal, I have it set at 375 usually but ive tried 365-385 and they all seem to make me cough the same. I'm thinking that its just a vapor thing and not really a temperature problem at this point but was looking for some confirmation.

I got my medical card in february and had been smoking most of the time but would only cough on really large hits, with the volcano I seem to cough even with small hits.

There are two things going on here: firstly I have heard that smoking numbs certain parts of your lungs, which is why regular smokers don't really cough, but may develop a cough when they stop smoking. Cannabis vapour is also a bronchial expectorant, so unlike smoke it will be working to clear out any phlegm that you may have in your lungs, hence the coughing.

But I have loads of vaporizers and out of all of them, I find the Volcano is the one which makes me cough the most. My theory is that it has something to do with the bag system- the vapour seems dryer and more irritating to me than direct-draw vaporizers. I've heard it said this is something to do with the vapour particles condensing on the inside of the bag, but I've no idea if this is true or not.

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is a vapor thing... not temp.
The temp in a Volcano Bag is very low.
Some strains are more likely to make one cough than others.
I also use 375 as my general heat setting.
Why not drop to 350 once and see how that works....
then perhaps you can work back to 375 and remain coughless~

Vitolo,

chant121

foursecondpin, Do you smoke at all, if not when was the last time, How damp is the material.. if it has a lot of moisture it will create a lot more of a dense vapour, whereas using a dryer material may be quite harsh, try letting the vapor in the bag cool down for at least 30 seconds before using, i mean i even have my classic on setting 8 alot of the time as i feel it gives best possible extraction for minimum amount ( i only like to cover the screen just enough, and do fresh bags more often... You should also think about doing Vape bonging ( something i want to do in the future with my volcano and TV ) :))

chant121,

Vapenstein1

Heres another nice way to vaporbong with the volcano:

Not me who's baking in this video ;)

Tried it last weekend with a poor bong but it worked pretty good. The heat on 7 and some fresh LSD(strange name for a strain) i got really big and tasty hits.
Haven't figuered out the perfect way how to tie up the bongs bowl yet - a cable strap alone is not enough, a little whisp of vapor escapes, maybe adding some sort of rubber under the strap will work.

Bouldorado

I did something similar to that, only I attached a hose to a short length (3-4 in) of bag. works like a champ

Bouldorado,

chant121

Can someone with a volcano classic clarify something for me that is worrying me slightly, Look with a torch at the top mesh bit and what do you see ?,, it seems as tho the white ring near the gaps for me isn't consistent, also there is a weird rough bit to the top right section in the gap there that i can just make out - what is this part and is it a hazard to my health - If some1 cud clear up what they see on there's this would be helpful as volcano don't seem to respond to emails...

Cheers

chant121,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Can someone with a volcano classic clarify something for me that is worrying me slightly, Look with a torch at the top mesh bit and what do you see ?,, it seems as tho the white ring near the gaps for me isn't consistent, also there is a weird rough bit to the top right section in the gap there that i can just make out - what is this part and is it a hazard to my health - If some1 cud clear up what they see on there's this would be helpful as volcano don't seem to respond to emails...

Cheers

The white is insulation. Quit messing with it. :)

elmomuzz,

chant121

The white is insulation. Quit messing with it. :)

I haven't messed with it, not been inside yet - although it is 2 - 3 years old now, have only noticed the problems described above lately, this foreign cluster of wires looking out of place in the top right grill gap, and the white insulation which doesn't seem to go all the way around - is doing my head in.. Might just have to bite the bullet and send it to get repaired in Germany but its an extra cost for something that might not be that bad.. ( have had bad experiences with sending stuff back in the past too )

O well ..> <.. Sorry to bore you all with my problems, but been so health conscious i just believe its important that our units are not letting out bad off gas/ foreign vapors

chant121,

chant121

Vaping some lovely organic jack flash in the volcano ATM.. wake and bake session.. temp is on about 210 degrees Celsius.. Soo tasty i have to have another bag straight after ,, very medicated now tho lol :p

chant121,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I have a 2 bag minimum just to turn it on. Wouldn't want to waste electricity. :D

elmomuzz,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
There are two things going on here: firstly I have heard that smoking numbs certain parts of your lungs, which is why regular smokers don't really cough, but may develop a cough when they stop smoking. Cannabis vapour is also a bronchial expectorant, so unlike smoke it will be working to clear out any phlegm that you may have in your lungs, hence the coughing.

But I have loads of vaporizers and out of all of them, I find the Volcano is the one which makes me cough the most. My theory is that it has something to do with the bag system- the vapour seems dryer and more irritating to me than direct-draw vaporizers. I've heard it said this is something to do with the vapour particles condensing on the inside of the bag, but I've no idea if this is true or not.

It is the bag that causes this. the bag uses far more air/vape ratio which makes it dryer and harsher ... also the more you hold the vapor in the more chances that you'll cough....

Of course, there's tons of vaporizer that produce harsher vapor and softer vapor because of a proper airflow ...

m0sh,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
When the vapors are hardcore white, don't take big puffs, when I do so, I cough like hell, take slow, small hits.

Roger D,

chant121

That is right Cash, it all depends on a lot of variables, such as

+Dampness of material

+Temp Setting

+Amount of material used

+How finer grind

+Size of balloon

I generally grind it pretty well and cover the screen with maybe about 0.1 g i usually like to have It at 210 - 230 degrees, :nod: with about a 50 - 70 cm long bag

only bother doing 1 bag and save the rest for rainy days or w/e

chant121,
Reactions: Vitolo

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Got an offer to get a Volcano classic solid valve for about 150-175$. I wanted to try it out before jumping on that offer, because that price is suspicious. It has blown quite potent and tasty bags. The extraction was great, satisfying. I liked how the bowl could be resised. Didn't like how the bowl is only put on the heater. Has falled down and leaked a bit multiple times in one session, but i think I could deal with it. But I noticed it was blowing really slow and was really noisy. Searched on the net a bit for it and was quite sure it was collapsed tube. Opened the cano and it was. Replaced the tube with cleaned one from my MFLB (oh yes, it was the right size thanks god!). Also notices there was wire touching the pump making loud noise. Fixed that too and now I think the cano works as new. Oh also cleaned it well. Now I am going to try it again with it's full power and new 2 meter bag. :ko: Wish me good luck I think this cano is not dead at all.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The pump speed improved with the tubing fix, but the airflow is still slow for a volcano. It is still two times slower than every video of bag filling i see on youtube. Better, than before, when it was slower than EQ. Any idea what is causing this?

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So I've checked the pump model on the net and the speed is correct. It blows only 6 liters per minute. This Volcano must be the oldest model. They've replaced these pumps with much faster ones years ago. So I think the cano is working like new now, but is a really old model and is performing only slightly better, than my EQ. I think I will not get it. It will be better for someone else who doesn't have EQ and is not saving for the Cloud.

Seek,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
You could resell it for more. You seriously don't see them on eBay for less then $300. It may have a date of manufacture on the inside. Mine does.

elmomuzz,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
A bang for the buck offer.. Maybe you can ship it to S&B for a pump upgrade. This is a awesome gear

Roger D,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yeah, was thinking about pump upgrade too. Faster pump is all this cano needs. But imo it would definitely cost me more than I'm willing to pay. I like how everything is precisely engineered form the best materials and how it is robust. The heater seems to keep massive power, but without fast pump it's not working to it's full potential.

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Seek,
Top Bottom