Vitolo

Vaporist
volcano.gif

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Anyone knows what pump new 'canoes use? And if it's compatible with the old VP0100?

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Thanks, couldn't find this info on the whole internet. Well if its not here then it's not on the internet :D.

Seek,

Bouldorado

I've had my volcano about a month now, which I love. However, recently I've been wanting to use full-melt hashes. Kief and dry hash work very well, but I feel any full-melt will just create a sticky mess.

So, how effective is the liquid pad?

I would be using it for:
-solvent hash (bho, co2)
-full-melt bubbles

It's only 10 bucks for a two-pack, so price isn't the issue. I just don't want to buy something that may not work that well.

Bouldorado,
A few months ago I invested in a digital Volcano for my at home unit, I've never had expirience the convience and luxury that comes with the digital Volcano before. I had to do a ton of saving on my budget to be able to afford this unit but it was such a smart investment on my part. I have blend bowls that I would maybe get a couple hits from outta my old at home vape where I'll load up the same amount in my volcano and get more then 2 full bags from! as someone who doesn't want or need to waste anything I spend my $$ on thats a huge game changer for me! Not to mention the amount of ease that comes with setting the temp., the crazy fast heat up rate for the unit, and the smart auto shutoff so I make sure no harm will come to my Volcano threw heat damage. But seriously I recommend this to anyone!AMAZZZINGGG

sarahtillly08,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The Volcano got returned. Had it for few days. Just don't blame me. It's a great vape. Have tried it several times, even tried to direct draw from it (Put mouthpiece on the chamber, connect whip, hold it together and draw). Here is my "review". Remember that this must be one of the oldest 'canoes there.

Heat:
The heater is massive, with 6 airchannels evenly distributed, so the heat is very uniform and powerful. But even on the highest setting i could only get medium brown after bag (2 meters long) and dark only by some more and whispy ones. I would like that Classic cano to get a little higher.

Pump:
Normally being one of the pros of these canoes, but this old one had an old weak one that fills only a bit faster than my EQ on F3. Only because of this I have returned it. It it not worth it for me having an EQ ang getting this. It is as loud as F3, but different sound.

Durability & sturdiness:
This won't break. Nothing more to say.

Size:
It seems it's the last thing they were thinking when engineering it. It could e done much more compact, it's like a PC, a lot of empty space inside. But the design is great and solid.

Convenience:
They tried thei'r best. Few parts to assemble, no glass, a valve, temp knob and two buttons (pump can work while the heat is off). Can a bag filler be easier? No. I had a solid valve to try. With the metal thingy you need to put there, it is good as it makes the bowl resizeable, but bad as it get hot and you can't stir easily. The chamber is only put on the cano and happened several times it fell off. But it is also good for convenience as you can just grab it when it's done.

Taste:
Clean, I could describe it as a bit "technical". Like a Iolite.

Extraction:
It makes some satisfying clouds even from like 0.1g.

Time:
Heat up is classic - few minutes. Didn't measure. Cooldown can take a lot of time as the heater is massive.

So overall is is imo better bag blower than an EQ, if it had faster pump (current do) it could be worth it having it also with the EQ. If it didn't cost that much.

chant121

I've had my volcano about a month now, which I love. However, recently I've been wanting to use full-melt hashes. Kief and dry hash work very well, but I feel any full-melt will just create a sticky mess

So, how effective is the liquid pad?

I would say your best bet is using multiple gauze's for bho or kief - this will act like better than the pads, though i have yet to experiment with the bho side of things.. I do know however that anything with plant matter in it will not work too great as it gets clogged with it and then is hard to fully clean even with iso.

The last time i used bho in the metal pad it just sucked up some of the oil and did not produce as much vapor as the gauze method.

I have had great results with just laying a bed of herb and then putting the mentioned concentrates on top to melt down on top ( 2 gauzes just to make sure it wont go through - even if it does, im sure it will eventually just evaporate into thin air if its good quality) i have even used up to 4 gauze's b4 when just using bho

Hope this helps...

chant121,
Reactions: Vitolo

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I prefer to use herbs in the volcano. Hash is not convenient at all, spreads all around and mess your gear up, making it tough to clean.

Am I the only one here with two solid valve kits ?
I have one for the first shot only to provide a top notch taste, and a second one when I want to push it with second passes, high temperature..

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have two easy valve, and two solid valve... but have not used them in this fashion.... just keep them for "backup'... but I do like the idea, and find your method to be what I consider "elite"... very nice.
I vote you give your Valve #1 a nickname, that I chose for it.
I dub thee "Flavor Grabber"

Vitolo,
Reactions: hoptimum

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I prefer the easy valve over the solid. It's much simpler with less to clean.

elmomuzz,

togepi258

I've been following a few other thread on this forum, because I was looking for a portable device, and came across this thread. How, in all my reading, did I miss the thread for the vaporizer I actually have?!

I LOVE the Volcano. I have the Classic with the Solid Valve and the Easy Valve (Solid bag for blowing up huge bags. Easy Valve because it's AWESOME)

I little bit on my vaping/smoking background. I began smoking at 17, never cigarettes though. Throughout the years, I tried multiple vaporizers. But, no matter how hard I tried, I could NOT get medicated. When I smoked, I would have to load one decent size bowl, and hit the entire thing in one hit. That is the ONLY way I was able to get medicated.

Last year, I finally got the opportunity to try the Volcano, and it was an incredible experience. I decided to try other vaporizers (again), since it had been some years since my first experience. I tried the SSV, VaporBros, a shitty globe thing, Extreme Q, and the Solo. None of these worked for me, so I bit the bullet last month, and got the Volcano. It has been 4 weeks, and every day, the thing gets better. For the big bags, I begin at 5.5, then increase by .5 every so often. When it gets near the end, I have it at 8. (This "method" is my own little twist of information I got from reading all your posts =) )Taste, staleness, and all that stuff is not an issue. It still tastes much better than smoke, gets me medicated, and all my friends could care less about the taste. (These are guys who still smoke resin when they run out).

The Easy Valve is much better for when I'm by myself. Although, I sometimes enjoy the novelty of kicking back and sipping on a 7 ft long bag.

The best part is, I sleep MUCH better. I feel incredible throughout the day. I used to have to take 400mg of Ibuprofen in the morning, and 400mg at night, because of my TMJ. I haven't even touched the Ibuprofen bottle since I began vaporizing, my lunch capacity has increased dramatically, and I'm very energetic.

I spent the money on the Volcano because I wanted reliability and a life-time product. I was also tired of having to send back Vaporizers that just weren't doing it. The Volcano has truly changed my life. Now that I've gotten used to Vaporizers, I feel that I could enjoy others. I tried my friends Extreme Q recently, and actually liked it. But, I will most likely never get rid of my Volcano.

As for my portable situation, I ended up buying the ThermoVape, will be here tomorrow. I got my eye on the PAX and PuffIt though. They're looking pretty good.

P.S. This was the picture that sold me on the Volcano.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Solid valve all the way, liquid pad for concentrates= 6 balloons with thick vape...if really you have a problem with the liquid pad put a ceramic disk form 7th floor or a Health stone with waxes in your chamber...and it will work perfectly!

togepi258

Solid valve all the way, liquid pad for concentrates= 6 balloons with thick vape...if really you have a problem with the liquid pad put a ceramic disk form 7th floor or a Health stone with waxes in your chamber...and it will work perfectly!

Nearly impossible to find concentrates in my part of Texas =(

Through my reading of this post, I did see the suggestion to use the liquid pad for anything, including herbs. I'm going to try that out, since I haven't even used it before.

I'm supposed to stick the liquid pad, all the way to the bottom. Then, cover the screen with herbs, right?

Or, do I put in the herbs first, and then add the liquid pad? Thanks ^_^

togepi258,

Bouldorado

that's awesome. I have a ceramic disc for my lsv, so I'll have to try this. one thing does come to mind though since the flavor disc is pretty small. does the ceramic disc blow around in the chamber, or do you need to close the plunger down on it?

also, are there generic replacements for the liquid pad? like if I were to go to a hardware/cooking store, could I find a safe substitute for it? From pictures I've seen of the liquid pad, it just looks like a stainless steel brillo pad. I'm sure scotch-brite would work, but that would be pretty sketchy to vape off of.

Bouldorado,

monacokid

HIGH ABV
so... im slightly unsure how this works, do you heat up and drip either bho or wax onto the metal screen that comes with the volcano/ or easy valve (cant remember) and then put it into the easy valve and vape or do you put it directly onto the screen then material ontop?

monacokid,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Use the pad instead of the screen in the bottom of your chamber, as simple as that! Then just but some oil (stable or not on the pad), and you will get between 6 & 10 bags of thick vapor!

Yes bouldorado french press pushing the disk!

Yes scotch Brite would work but you can find pretty nice liquid pads replacement prices on Ebay or the web...

chant121

Quite funny how everyone has there methods of madness to get the best experience etc but at the end of the day i just turn it right up to 7.5 and just get one nice tasty bag then jar it and give to peeps in need :))

chant121,
Reactions: togepi258

Bouldorado

Use the pad instead of the screen in the bottom of your chamber, as simple as that! Then just but some oil (stable or not on the pad), and you will get between 6 & 10 bags of thick vapor!

Yes bouldorado french press pushing the disk!

Yes scotch Brite would work but you can find pretty nice liquid pads replacement prices on Ebay or the web...

Ok I tried using the flavor disc with bho and it somewhat worked, with the volcano on max. How much oil do you typically put on the disc?

I used maybe 3 dabs worth of oil, but didn't really get that thick of vapor. I'm using like a 2.5 ft bag, and the first one barely filled up. I figured it might have been an airflow problem, so I made an aluminum skirt around the disc. This seems to have helped, as the second bag looked like an herb bag on 5.5/6, pretty thick vapor. For the third bag, I took the skirt off, and put the disc on the side of the chamber (rather than centered). This gave almost nothing; barely visible exhale. Does the volcano just require a lot of oil, or am I doing something wrong?

Bouldorado,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Ok I tried using the flavor disc with bho and it somewhat worked, with the volcano on max. How much oil do you typically put on the disc?

I used maybe 3 dabs worth of oil, but didn't really get that thick of vapor. I'm using like a 2.5 ft bag, and the first one barely filled up. I figured it might have been an airflow problem, so I made an aluminum skirt around the disc. This seems to have helped, as the second bag looked like an herb bag on 5.5/6, pretty thick vapor. For the third bag, I took the skirt off, and put the disc on the side of the chamber (rather than centered). This gave almost nothing; barely visible exhale. Does the volcano just require a lot of oil, or am I doing something wrong?
First of all have you tried the Cano liquid pad with oils cause when I'm saying 6 to 10 bags it is with .1 of bho and on the liquid pad, properly "spread" in a thin layer for maximum surface exposure & melting. Then it will blow bag after bag.
The ceramic disk was a proposal but I have used only the Healthstone (wich is a bigger 7th floor disk basically ) and WITH the liquid pad...so I had no air/vape ratio problem...

FLskwat,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
spread the oil on the disc as carefully as you would spread ground herb over the volcano screen, when herb is limited..... so that a thin touch of oil is in most porous openongs across the pad.
I have found success using the ceramic filter from the VaporGenie, as my "dab" holder in the volcano!

Vitolo,

Bouldorado

I haven't tried the liquid pad [yet]. I just wanted to see if there was a household substitute for it, since I wasn't able to find it in a headshop. However I called up a place today, and they sell the liquid pad set for $10. Probably just going to get that, although a healthstone would've been nice.

thanks for the help

Bouldorado,
Top Bottom