• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CanadianBakin

Anyone have ideas for some sort of GonG adapter with the mouthpiece (on the baloon) or just anything at all that will function will make me happy :D

The Volcano mouthpiece can be held against the opening of most water pieces, as seen in this video.

Solid valve and easy valve mouthpieces have the same profile/shape and they fit both 18mm and 14mm joints. 14mm works better for me, 18 feels sloppier.

arthritisbites

Chewy 2 is easy on the hands but if it is a fine grind you seek, the NewVape fine grind is what you may want.
You should measure the choice carefully to figure which is most important.

No loss of potency, but after 3 or 4 bags, the vapor becomes thinner.... less flavorful and medicating.
Hey there, and WELCOME! I see some new names out here who seem to be going through the same thing...

To answer your first question; Yes, there is a definite potency/flavor and overall degradation in quality of your product when you run 1 bag, Wait, and then run another. The logic here is to not let your herbs cool down. And inflate as many bags as possible.
My advice would be to use the Reducing Chambers if you are someone who medicates off 1 bag and saves the rest for later extraction. That way the herb loss is kept at a minimal.

To answer your 2nd question: The orange grinder that comes with the unit gives you the perfect consistency for vaping. Use it!!

I just looked up the grinder and it looks like you shouldn’t be having any problems with your grind. There are many out there with this design and I used a similar Aerospaced on for years.

slide-image1.png

As for the green I find my AVB can be sometimes really light.. it also depends on the strain and as you start using your Volcano more you’ll see what I am talking about. But yeah, I’ve had bits of green but as long as I’m medicated I don’t feel like I’m wasting any and feel it is spent.

Try running more bags at once, and like Vitolo said shake the chamber... I do this in between bags.

Running more bags at once definitely makes sense, I had been letting it cool off in between bags so I’m sure that will make a difference. And thank you for going through the trouble of looking up my grinder. I can’t tell you how much it means to find a welcoming community during what can be a scary time.

And I’m glad you mentioned the difference strain can make in the ABV color. I really started noticing the hint of green when I changed to a new strain and I’ve been using that same strain since, so that’s probably part of the issue.

I have found this in internet, anyone have tried it before? Seems very intresting

https://www.magma-industries.com/altabout/

I have one and don’t use it as much as I should. It really does do wonders for your vapor tho especially if you are a cougher. It really shines at the higher temps.

I picked up the traditional red one, but the glass one cools down the vapor more still. These things DO WORK!!

My only gripe is I am not sure how I feel about getting water in my lungs. I mean it’s great as a novelty but daily driving? This is literally the only reason why I don’t use it as often.

Can anyone else add/object to this??

Running more bags at once definitely makes sense, I had been letting it cool off in between bags so I’m sure that will make a difference. And thank you for going through the trouble of looking up my grinder. I can’t tell you how much it means to find a welcoming community during what can be a scary time.

And I’m glad you mentioned the difference strain can make in the ABV color. I really started noticing the hint of green when I changed to a new strain and I’ve been using that same strain since, so that’s probably part of the issue.

Hey by picking up a Volcano of all vapes you made an excellent investment! Everything gets compared to it, I think that says a lot.

I also read that you have a Solid valve so actually running bags would not be possible unless you have multiple (Solid valve) units.. alternatively you can just make a bigger bag when that time comes to rebuild.

This site has a ton of knowledge that I am sure you will appreciate :D

Vitolo

Vaporist
I had been letting it cool off in between bags so I’m sure that will make a difference.
Don't forget... if cooling things off, remove the EZ valve and set it down near the unit to remain cool, as you turn Volcano off.... the residual heat rising further bakes the herb.
To keep dust out of the unit while the EZValve is off(it covers entire top to keep it dust free inside)..... see video at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/volcano.220/page-46#post-557170

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Stuck a tiny pebble in one and got a pretty thin bag... kind of finger crushed it a bit and ran it through again and got 2 more bags LOL

It works better when you cram it full with a nugget. You need to fill the capsule so air doesn’t just rush around the bud. I don’t have to crush or stir...just full extraction.

arthritisbites

I have one and don’t use it as much as I should. It really does do wonders for your vapor tho especially if you are a cougher. It really shines at the higher temps.

I picked up the traditional red one, but the glass one cools down the vapor more still. These things DO WORK!!

My only gripe is I am not sure how I feel about getting water in my lungs. I mean it’s great as a novelty but daily driving? This is literally the only reason why I don’t use it as often.

Can anyone else add/object to this??

Hey by picking up a Volcano of all vapes you made an excellent investment! Everything gets compared to it, I think that says a lot.

I also read that you have a Solid valve so actually running bags would not be possible unless you have multiple (Solid valve) units.. alternatively you can just make a bigger bag when that time comes to rebuild.

This site has a ton of knowledge that I am sure you will appreciate :D

Yes, I do have the solid valve, and yes, the multiple bags was a misunderstanding on my part. I thought running multiple bags meant breathing in the first bag as fast as possible to get to the next one before everything cools off (smacks forehead). It sounds like I do need to make a bigger bag.

And you are absolutely right, there is a ton of excellent information, I’ve been looking through old posts a little every day. Part of the problem is “you don’t know what you don’t know”. I’m having trouble figuring out what to ask questions about - there are a ton of basic tutorials about the volcano, but learning how to fine-tune it has been really hit or miss.

It works better when you cram it full with a nugget. You need to fill the capsule so air doesn’t just rush around the bud. I don’t have to crush or stir...just full extraction.
Are you running a dosing capsule in the volcano? I thought they were just for the portable vaporizers? Does it work better? And I thought you were supposed to do a fine grind, how does an unground nugget get extracted, like the stuff in the middle?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitolo

Vaporist
To use S$B dosing capsules, you would but another EZ Valve made for that purpose.
See https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/easy-valve-filling-chamber-with-reducer.html
You can get away cheaper just by buying the "insides" and change it on your EZ Valve by yourself, but it becomes a chore, when you wish to change back and forth between micro-dosing, and regular use.
See https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/easy-valve-filling-chamber-reducer.html
You can also buy the needed p[arts to male one, by also buying a housing, and top screen....
all of the related pieces are at; https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store.html?p=6
I Personally just used the separate reducing chamber, and the regular EZ Valve for convenience.

I thought running multiple bags meant breathing in the first bag as fast as possible to get to the next one before everything cools off (smacks forehead).

Hey Beast-mode works just as well LOL

I really would recommend to you then, the EZ Valve setup. As Vitolo mentioned;

To use S$B dosing capsules, you would but another EZ Valve made for that purpose.
See https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/easy-valve-filling-chamber-with-reducer.html
You can get away cheaper just by buying the "insides" and change it on your EZ Valve by yourself, but it becomes a chore, when you wish to change back and forth between micro-dosing, and regular use.
See https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/easy-valve-filling-chamber-reducer.html
You can also buy the needed p[arts to male one, by also buying a housing, and top screen....
all of the related pieces are at; https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store.html?p=6
I Personally just used the separate reducing chamber, and the regular EZ Valve for convenience.

I have 2 also - a Reduced Chamber for me and a Regular Chamber for when I have company. I bet the reduced chamber will be exactly what you are looking for.

I didn’t buy my Digit with the Solid. Only because it seems like S&B is going more the EZ Valve route or seem to be pushing it more. They even have new bag valves that can be replaced. https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/easy-valve-balloon-with-adapter.html Making the once disposable EZ Bags reusable.

IMO Solid valves are more for people who are Veterans with their Volcanoes and I wouldn’t really recommend them to a newbie. But that doesn’t mean that by research or tinkering alone you won’t find the results you are looking for! The Solid valve was the only option with a Volcano for a long time when it made its debut.

It’s too bad you can’t just drop a Dosing Capsule in the Solid valve..
Can anyone confirm if this is possible or not?

Vitolo

Vaporist
Can anyone confirm if this is possible or not?
Sorry to say it is a "not".
I had both for many years .... Solidf Valve and EZ Valve.
I had the solid valve 1st.
The very first time I tried the EZ valve was the last time I used the solid valve.
This has been the exact sentiment, and course of action as
every patient locally that I know, who had a Solid Valve.... but later tried an REZ Valve (and then permanently converted to EZ Valve use).

Last edited:
Sorry to say it is a "not".
I had both for many years .... Solidf Valve and EZ Valve.
I had the solid valve 1st.
The very first time I tried the EZ valve was the last time I used the solid valve.
This has been the exact sentiment, and course of action as
every patient locally that I know, who had a Solid Valve.... but later tried an REZ Valve (and then permanently converted to EZ Valve use.

Thanks for checking on that, V! That’s good for future knowledge should I decide to get a Solid. I’m sure @arthritisbites will appreciate that also.

grnmtnvaper

Hey everyone! I am about to pull the trigger on a classic volcano. Where is the best place to purchase one? I see that a few places were offering a free carry bag with purchase but can't find any that are still doing it. I know cost is pretty much the same all over so I am looking for someone to bundle a freebie or two with it.

Thanks for the advice!

Hey everyone! I am about to pull the trigger on a classic volcano. Where is the best place to purchase one? I see that a few places were offering a free carry bag with purchase but can't find any that are still doing it. I know cost is pretty much the same all over so I am looking for someone to bundle a freebie or two with it.

Thanks for the advice!

Hey man!! Congrats on your decision!! This is the website where I got mine from:
https://www.vapeworld.com/volcano-vaporizer/
(I actually got my Mighty from here also)

Use this code for an extra 20% off

CLICK HERE to get your summer vacation started early with 20% OFF SITEWIDE | code: SUMMER20 *exclusions apply

DdKhaUZU0AExGmM.jpg

Baron23

Thanks for the advice!
Yep, when I bought my digit I got it from Vapor Nation and they threw in some stuff including the $59.95 carry bag but I see that's no longer offered.

It sounds like @Mr. Gusto Himself has a good line on 20% off which should easily cover the price of the bag.

grnmtnvaper

Hey man!! Congrats on your decision!! This is the website where I got mine from:
https://www.vapeworld.com/volcano-vaporizer/
(I actually got my Mighty from here also)

Use this code for an extra 20% off

Yep, when I bought my digit I got it from Vapor Nation and they threw in some stuff including the $59.95 carry bag but I see that's no longer offered.

It sounds like @Mr. Gusto Himself has a good line on 20% off which should easily cover the price of the bag.
Thanks for the info. That 20% off coupon is gold! That will cover the cost of the bag and at least something else. Probably a good idea to get one of the easy valve adapters so I can make my own bags. Any recommendations on brand of bag I should look for? Thanks again!

Thanks for the info. That 20% off coupon is gold! That will cover the cost of the bag and at least something else. Probably a good idea to get one of the easy valve adapters so I can make my own bags. Any recommendations on brand of bag I should look for? Thanks again!

I would suggest getting those off the actual S&B website;

https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/ev/volcano-balloon-tube-set-3.html

They’re the cheapest here. I’d get the unit from VapeWorld and the accessories from them (S&B)

Mr. Gusto Himself,
Reactions: Baron23

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I was trying the Volcano with extracts the other night using both the big ss pad and the crafty ss pad crammed into the reducing chamber. I used small amounts that usually do well in portables (like the Mighty) or rigs, but only got airy hits here. I felt like I'd need to put a lot more extract on there than I would use to get the thickness I wanted. Is it just me, or do any of you have the same thoughts?

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use the big SS pad, and I spread the concentrate around on it. I leave naked a centimeter around edges, as the hot wax will try to run from heat toward the edge.
I call it "buttering the pad".
I do not spread it on thickly....It is a thin layer, and it gives 2-3 bags of thick vapor.
Use too much on the pad, and it can get messy.
small amounts that usually do well in portables (like the Mighty) or rigs, but only got airy hits here.
The spreading on the pad of the concentrate assures that hot air is hitting all of the wax at once.. and there are few gaps between which hot air can escape past your concentrate (causing the hits to be "airy").

Last edited:

grnmtnvaper

I would suggest getting those off the actual S&B website;

https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/ev/volcano-balloon-tube-set-3.html

They’re the cheapest here. I’d get the unit from VapeWorld and the accessories from them (S&B)

Either the code doesn't work or it doesn't apply to the volcano. Tried to place the order last night. I emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet. They also offered a 20 dollar off coupon that also didn't work. I will have to see what they respond with.

grnmtnvaper,

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
using both the big ss pad and the crafty ss pad crammed into the reducing chamber
Both pads at the same time? that might be the problem and the smaller pad on top is now filled up...

My usual approach is:
- pre heat soak the reducing chamber on the cano
- put in the 'regular' 15mm pad pre loaded with a grain of 'rice' in the middle (just like with the mighty)
- let it heat a bit more till it starts to melt in, then blow the bag

Vitolo

Vaporist
I also have a separate SS Vocano Pad....
When I clean my concentrate tools, I pour the iso into a shot glass.....
I then immerse the extra pad into the Iso/residue solution.
I go in room and rotate the pad for a couple of days until all liquid has evaporated, and all that remains is a golden colored pad... which I leave to completely dry for a few more days to eliminate the Iso remnants.
That pad will fill up many bags with thick concentrate vapor.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My usual approach is:
- pre heat soak the reducing chamber on the cano
- put in the 'regular' 15mm pad pre loaded with a grain of 'rice' in the middle (just like with the mighty)
- let it heat a bit more till it starts to melt in, then blow the bag

That's what I was doing and not getting much out of it.

I also have a separate SS Vocano Pad....
When I clean my concentrate tools, I pour the iso into a shot glass.....
I then immerse the extra pad into the Iso/residue solution.
I go in room and rotate the pad for a couple of days until all liquid has evaporated, and all that remains is a golden colored pad... which I leave to completely dry for a few more days to eliminate the Iso remnants.
That pad will fill up many bags with thick concentrate vapor.

Mind blown! I no longer use reclaim from iso, but that's a great way to do it!

Another thing...I went through this thread and saw @Vitolo mentioning several times how he liked to keep the bag stretched out during use and after. I gotta be honest, I thought it sounded a little ocd, which appeals to me since I have some of that. But after trying it, it's brilliant! The bags get trained and hold their shape and stick together much, much less. Thanks for sharing that multiple times, and the rest of you should try it!

Baron23

I was trying the Volcano with extracts the other night using both the big ss pad and the crafty ss pad crammed into the reducing chamber. I used small amounts that usually do well in portables (like the Mighty) or rigs, but only got airy hits here. I felt like I'd need to put a lot more extract on there than I would use to get the thickness I wanted. Is it just me, or do any of you have the same thoughts?
I put the concentrates in a flower sandwich in dosing capsules, run it at top temp, and its anything but airy.

I have never used 'trates on the LP's in the native chambers (reg or reduced) so can't help there.

Top Bottom