• yep.

Votes: 113 72.0%
  • nope.

Votes: 47 29.9%

• Total voters

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
let's talk about the vape Iwien. Oh that's right you didn't order one. It cracks me up that making reference to a fake woman's breasts makes me a sexist.

Did you guys seriously believe the big titted girl in the vids was really the person replying to your threads? lol

That was a sexist remark. Will you deny that?

What has happened is that a company has tried to use FC to promote its product by breaking the rules. This is not the first time at least one of the principals has tried to use FC like this. That is offensive to every member of FC, and so it is acceptable for any member to comment on that point as long as it's within the rules.

Everyone: please leave moderating to moderators. As I've said many times, if you find that your post is about someone's posting style, don't post it. If a post breaks the rules then don't reply, report it. If it doesn't, ignore it and move on.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
As we are all getting emotional over this, I'd like to offer some perspective.

The facts:
1 -- HiPi made a decent product with the MagicWand and was banned from here for having multiple accounts to promote the MW. The company later went out of business leaving some customers and vendors hanging.
2 -- A couple years later HiPi returned as Leilana with a new product, the Versa. (I, for one, have come to the conclusion they are one and the same.) The affiliation got exposed and Leilana got banned for multiple accounts (as HiPi).

As I've said about the Grasshopper astoturfing, while it is a sin of gross magnitude on this forum, it's pretty standard in the world. While we're not gonna tolerate it here, that doesn't mean the company is bad to deal with or the products bad to own.

But that does not speak to Versa the company or the products themselves. As for the previous company making the MW, shit happens. Companies go out of business. Some do it serially. Just look at the construction and lawn service industries, for example. People close up shop all the time and open under a new LLC to avoid past liabilities. I don't know if this will happen again with Versa, but if it happens in those industries, it sure as hell is gonna happen in the cannabis industry. This is where the real risk to a Versa customer lies. You must ask yourself if they are going to be around a while, and no one knows...not even them.

I, for one, am rooting for the product. I think it has some legitimate advances in vaping and I love the modularity. But most of all I like that it appears to be a good vape that doesn't cost upwards of $600. The market needs some new vapes in this price range. All we currently have is a bunch older, very reliable and proven vapes (7th Floor products and the Extreme) and the new Baker in this price range. It's time for some other options for desktop vapes.

Companies don't need this forum to do well in the vape world. Arizer, Storz & Bickel and Ploom have zero presence here and are model companies in the vape world. The Solo is one of the strongest threads on this forum. This will have to be the fate of Versa. They are not going to be welcome here, but that doesn't mean they won't succeed. This thread will thrive or die based on the merits of the vape itself, and I think that is a good thing.

Let the beta testing begin and the chips fall where they may. I look forward to hearing the results.
Very well said.

Yes I will deny it. I am not a North American and as such do not conform with the pc language commonly accepted. If I had said voluptuous, busty,etc would that be sexist? Or is simply referring to he breasts of a model sexist? Yes my original wording was somewhat crude but if that is a crime then lock me up and throw away the keys.
I am having a dig at people falling for the marketing. The girl is being used as a model. She is a girl next door. Great body. Seems pretty and blowing massive clouds. Every fan boy's wet dream. I am referring to the marketing which I think is obvious yet clever and was clearly effective.

Last edited:

GSH

On a Möbius plane
As we are all getting emotional over this, I'd like to offer some perspective.

The facts:
1 -- HiPi made a decent product with the MagicWand and was banned from here for having multiple accounts to promote the MW. The company later went out of business leaving some customers and vendors hanging.
2 -- A couple years later HiPi returned as Leilana with a new product, the Versa. (I, for one, have come to the conclusion they are one and the same.) The affiliation got exposed and Leilana got banned for multiple accounts (as HiPi).

As I've said about the Grasshopper astoturfing, while it is a sin of gross magnitude on this forum, it's pretty standard in the world. While we're not gonna tolerate it here, that doesn't mean the company is bad to deal with or the products bad to own.

But that does not speak to Versa the company or the products themselves. As for the previous company making the MW, shit happens. Companies go out of business. Some do it serially. Just look at the construction and lawn service industries, for example. People close up shop all the time and open under a new LLC to avoid past liabilities. I don't know if this will happen again with Versa, but if it happens in those industries, it sure as hell is gonna happen in the cannabis industry. This is where the real risk to a Versa customer lies. You must ask yourself if they are going to be around a while, and no one knows...not even them.

I, for one, am rooting for the product. I think it has some legitimate advances in vaping and I love the modularity. But most of all I like that it appears to be a good vape that doesn't cost upwards of $600. The market needs some new vapes in this price range. All we currently have is a bunch older, very reliable and proven vapes (7th Floor products and the Extreme) and the new Baker in this price range. It's time for some other options for desktop vapes.

Companies don't need this forum to do well in the vape world. Arizer, Storz & Bickel and Ploom have zero presence here and are model companies in the vape world. The Solo is one of the strongest threads on this forum. This will have to be the fate of Versa. They are not going to be welcome here, but that doesn't mean they won't succeed. This thread will thrive or die based on the merits of the vape itself, and I think that is a good thing.

Let the beta testing begin and the chips fall where they may. I look forward to hearing the results.
Thanks for the eloquent post @stickstones, very well put, I think the best thing we all can do now is wait to see if the units arrive and then give our best, detailed, most honest reviews of its performance.

:)

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yes I will deny it. I am not a North American and as such do not confirm with the pc language commonly accepted. If I had said voluptuous, busty,etc would that be sexist? Or is simply referring to he breasts of a model sexist? Yes my original wording was somewhat crude but if that is a crime then lock me up and throw away the keys.
I am having a dig at people falling for the marketing. The girl is being used as a model. She is a girl next door. Great body. Seems pretty and blowing massive clouds. Every fan boy's wet dream. I am referring to the marketing which I think is obvious yet clever and was clearly effective.

From Wikipedia:

Sexism or gender discrimination is prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex or gender.[1] Sexist attitudes may stem from traditional stereotypes of gender roles

I think that you either fail to understand the concept of sexism or are otherwise mislead to be able to think that your comments are anything other than sexist when they focus solely on the models femininity. Would you be posting in a similar fashion about a male model, highlighting features of their body or stereotyping them based on the fact they are demonstrating a product?

The point is you don't know this girl. You don't know who she is, what she does or what her role at Versa is. But because she is demonstrating a product, and has large breasts, you feel she is incapable of being anything other than a decoration or marketing object. She is to you, as you say "the girl next door". That is sexism, plain and simple.

To be clear, I think that that this situation is utterly ridiculous and things have been blown out of proportion by Versa attempting to use it as a fallback excuse earlier. I am not a femenist nor do I suppose to be. But the fact of the matter is that those comments were entirely sexist no matter what you think that word means.

Centizen I'm sorry but my perception and understanding of modem humanity is somewhat cynical yet also brutally realistic. I could go on and on but let's just say I view things differently. I am merely making a crude observation.
Man this is getting boring.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
manti-teo-memes-11-570x554.jpg

fonzerelli

Centizen I'm sorry but my perception and understanding of modem humanity is somewhat cynical yet also brutally realistic. I could go on and on but let's just say I view things differently. I am merely making a crude observation.
Man this is getting boring.

What's your bias against modems?

J/K.

Seriously.

I think there should be a new rule for this forum here. You must use your vaporizer before posting. Things will be much lighter in nature in this here Versa thread.

tiukauleh

i had to take a few hits from my Lotus, grip the tangible cool, hard anodized aluminum stem in my palm just to maintain a grip on reality after the shennigans of late.

Have to say great job by the Mods & the amateur FC private investigators :clap:. most unfortunate that versa choose to not only deny everything but (this is what pisses me off) also accused FC of being liars until the very end when there was no more evading of the truth.

Chris "i ain't leiana" taylor, i'm sorry things didn't work out as planned for your last ventures and i applaud your action to redeem yourself with the MW/incognito users. You seem like a most progressive creator/designer and the versa is a wicked beauty but like a wise man said, as a manufacturer the most important asset you hold is "TRUST, muthafucka, TRUST". let me repeat that again....... "TRUST, muthafucka, TRUST".

what really hurts is that I gave my heart to leiana, and you fuckers ripped it apart like it was some cheap china ricepaper, ahhhhhhhhhhh sweet buddha on a corn cake.....As it is now in my books, you are starting at negative goodwill status, muthafucka, -ve. goddamn, your versa units had better knock the fucking shit out of the park like leiana "i'm a real woman" said it would. And please don't fuck with the ceramic elements just to get back at us.

p/s - more importantly, any chance of a discount for FC members for pre-order units?

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I was working on that work from home job, a few hints that I might just get it... but I still requested the refund. As much as I need the extra income, I just can't bring myself to do it. Pride sucks :(

What was the job..doing what? Just curious.

Mister G,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Wow. Interesting thread. I posted in the first few pages, that I loved the transparent marketing and the vape looked interesting, but I would not be buying one. Too much like an LSV.

I also would not pre-pay to be a "beta" tester. I hope you all that did get an awesome product (or refund). It still looks interesting and hope it's as good as advertised.

That Taylor fellow I'm torn on. I understand businesses fail. People deserve second chances. I also understand that he wouldn't want to "taint" the new product. Especially since FC was going to be used as the main marketing tool. They/He had a chance (multiple chances if I read right) to come clean. They/He only did so when their back was to the wall. That says something about character. With a small business, selling a niche type product to a small (yet growing) base of consumers, especially one that has/can have health implications, character and ethics go a long way. I wish luck to Mr. Taylor and hope the company has sucess. I just won't be a part of it.

For anybody, to call this forum sexist is (hairy) nuts. A few errant comments by some over the internets does not equate to sexism. Were they right? No. Were they wrong? No. Not only is this the most accepting community I've seen, it's also the most open and honest. It is an adult forum and I'd rather have people be able to be open and honest as opposed to trying not to offend someone somewhere. Sorry if that came off as harsh, but I find being offended offensive.

Quick question- So nobody has actually held one of these yet?

grokit

well-worn member
For all of you that are sensitive to the logo in my signature, in addition to the can-o-worms qualifier I have reduced the size of it, tempering my visible enthusiasm for this product in an effort to compromise. Unfortunately, it lost its transparency in the process. If any of you tech whizzes wanna make a transparent logo this size it would be appreciated, and look even more tasteful. It really is a nice logo.

edit: thanks, @Leiana :tup:

Last edited:

mestizo

I don't know if this vape will perform as shown, but I became skeptical the moment I saw the hookah video, so much vapor from such a small amount of herb, I never saw vapor come out of her mouth. And at the end of it, the herb didn't look that spent.
If anybody can duplicate that, I'll become a believer.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Wow. Interesting thread. I posted in the first few pages, that I loved the transparent marketing and the vape looked interesting, but I would not be buying one. Too much like an LSV.

I also would not pre-pay to be a "beta" tester. I hope you all that did get an awesome product (or refund). It still looks interesting and hope it's as good as advertised.

That Taylor fellow I'm torn on. I understand businesses fail. People deserve second chances. I also understand that he wouldn't want to "taint" the new product. Especially since FC was going to be used as the main marketing tool. They/He had a chance (multiple chances if I read right) to come clean. They/He only did so when their back was to the wall. That says something about character. With a small business, selling a niche type product to a small (yet growing) base of consumers, especially one that has/can have health implications, character and ethics go a long way. I wish luck to Mr. Taylor and hope the company has sucess. I just won't be a part of it.

For anybody, to call this forum sexist is (hairy) nuts. A few errant comments by some over the internets does not equate to sexism. Were they right? No. Were they wrong? No. Not only is this the most accepting community I've seen, it's also the most open and honest. It is an adult forum and I'd rather have people be able to be open and honest as opposed to trying not to offend someone somewhere. Sorry if that came off as harsh, but I find being offended offensive.

Quick question- So nobody has actually held one of these yet?
No.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
lol you guys are funny.:lol:

Like darkrom I've gotten my Paypal refund already.

Now it will be VERY interesting to watch how this develops and moves along and if Versa, and Chris,
are able to rebuild their reputation. The Infinity looks like a fine product, I hope it turns out that way.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I think there should be a new rule for this forum here. You must use your vaporizer before posting. Things will be much lighter in nature .

I think it should be a law! In fact, there was this one time... (pauses to take a huge rip).... :smug:

Uh, where was I?

tiukauleh

Wow. Interesting thread... "
very! :nod: i hope this thread develops, it's almost....alive. moving like the different ebb & flows of life that one would encounter. Of course, most interesting events just wouldn't be complete without our principal players da MODs divine enforcers in the land of FC. - they are known by many, understood by few. their word is LAW.

That Taylor fellow I'm torn on. I understand businesses fail. People deserve second chances. I also understand that he wouldn't want to "taint" the new product. Especially since FC was going to be used as the main marketing tool. They/He had a chance (multiple chances if I read right) to come clean. They/He only did so when their back was to the wall. That says something about character. With a small business, selling a niche type product to a small (yet growing) base of consumers, especially one that has/can have health implications, character and ethics go a long way. I wish luck to Mr. Taylor and hope the company has success. I just won't be a part of it.
i just about feel the same way, though i also believe that people make mistakes when they are growing up. and for some, "character" is developed over time, and only through life's experiences both the ups & downs. i would have been happier if he made full-disclosure but important to also note that he had no ill intentions. at this moment, He has set out to do exactly as his stated plan to us - make a wicked modular vape that could take vape-design to the next level, prepare the beta unit and send them out. I sincerely want the beta users to get their units. my opinion is also slightly biased since i have developed vape-lust.
IMG_9555.jpg

not to mention, there was an urgency as to how our questions, issues & wants was addressed and the designs modified etc. Leiana could have done less work, but i think she really took the time. we were really prioritised by her and they seem to genuinely appreciate our comments about designs n stuff. truth is, i miss her snazzy & vibrant personality.... especially her Happy Dance. :rofl:for whatever it's worth, thank you Leiana for your time & effort. hope to hear from you again.

Now the wait begins.

Last edited:

biohacker

Received my refund and thus dispute was promptly closed automatically. Big sigh of relief! What I don't understand is that according to Versa's email, anyone that initiated a dispute would take longer to be refunded because it was a bit more lengthy than those who didn't initiate a dispute. I was told next week, so this is just one less stress.

next level

Received my refund and thus dispute was promptly closed automatically. Big sigh of relief! What I don't understand is that according to Versa's email, anyone that initiated a dispute would take longer to be refunded because it was a bit more lengthy than those who didn't initiate a dispute. I was told next week, so this is just one less stress.
You are complaining about getting your refund faster then they thought?
Just Priceless

Top Bottom